Mark it Up

A two story building, the admin block is made up primarily of offices, all of the computers formerly occupying it having been disposed of, and all the paperwork removed. Now, it seems very bare indeed, filled with empty desks and cleared shelves.

Moderator: Sh4dE

Little Boy*

Post by Little Boy* »

Abby nudged her way closer towards the door, leaning forward precariously. She couldn't afford to make a sound. What she was doing was risky enough, crazy enough. It was a far cry from her simple life, writing songs and lazing about. If only she could get back to that, the basics. But she wouldn't, ever again. Her heart seemed to weigh her down as she leaned ever closer towards the source of the noise.

This is nuts. Alex would be doing this. Alex, not me. Haven't I learned from back home? Keep your head low, especially around conflict. Especially with guns. Well, I didn't learn THAT back home, but I can easily apply it no-

THUMP.

Abby froze. She could feel sweat begin to trickle down the side of her face. Especially disturbing, considering she barely ever sweat. Glancing downwards, Abby saw her right foot. It had collided with a metal tray, propped up against the side of the wall, along with several boxes filled with office supplies. She would have noticed them. She SHOULD have noticed them. But she had spaced. And now, she was going to die.

Quickly, all too quickly to avoid making noise, Abby walked backwards, her eyes locked on the doorway. Noise had stopped. They'd heard her, she was absolutely sure. But where would she go? The door she'd entered from- it made far too much noise. She needed to hide.

HIDE.

With a sudden burst of speed and energy, (which she'd forgotten she'd had) Abby ducked down an adjacent corridor, waiting in the shadows for footsteps, and her next move.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Little Boy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Soooooooooo sorry for the holdup, I'm technically living in a disaster zone now, so...))

The two collected their stuff. Matt didn't know why he didn't just chuck out his "weapon", since it wasn't even remotely fucking useful except if he found himself in one of those really erotic spy fiction games or novels, and even then it was really out of date. Who needed a good old fashioned lock picking kit when you had lasers, wires, and skin-tight leather that accented the important parts of the body?

Getting off track, Matt was just rechecking everything was with him when he heard a loud BAANNNNNGGGGGGGG from the hallway. He turned around slowly on the spot, half expecting someone new to be on the scene. Really, he wasn't sure what to feel if someone new was on the scene, given that if he knew the person, then he'd have to let his defences down. There were endless possibilities lying behind that door now, and fuck if he knew what to do.

He glanced over at his new best friend, and tried to get something out. Maybe a word? No, too loud, that would fuck up their shit if they heard them...hand gesture? He didn't know any, not even one of those universal ones that everyone should know. He knew how to make a butterfly, which wasn't that useful here, nothing like "stay here", "quiet", "go around the back", he had no clue about that stuff.

And then...

The Announcements.

Matt's eyes flew from the speakers in the corner to the doorway. Back forth back forth back forth back forth couldn't stay on one for long cause it would be too long, way too long. He tried to take notice of that guy, who sounded like that other guy on the bus, but he couldn't be sure cause he wasn't paying attention, not nearly enough. He heard one name, sounded almost like his, Matt Gourley.

Matt Gourley, he knew that prick. He once tried to pick on him, something about his sexuality. Matt didn't give two shits about people not liking him, since he liked himself and that was plenty enough love to keep him soaring. He know how Gourley got his email address, but his annoyance was really quickly stopped once he found out how to block people. Still, it wasn't like he needed to die. He was cheering on whoever did kill him, though.

Well, at least he was the only Matt left.

The announcements finished off, as vague as the sound was in Matt's mind, but he'd stopped glancing up at the speakers, and instead tried to think up what to do.

This was where Rena could become useful.

Matthew was shit with hand gestures, so he tried his best anyway. He pointed at the doorway with his index finger after getting her attention with a small hand wave, and tried his best to make a gun with his fingers.

Here's hoping that the world's most average girl had something to give, cause he sure as hell wasn't touching her if she fucked up now.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

Rena felt herself jump a little as a sound from the hallway reached her ears. In the time that the two had been in that room, the girl had more or less forgotten that there were actually other people. When the announcements came, Rena jumped again from the loudness of the voice who told them of the dead of the last however long.

Once the announcements were over, Matt managed to get her attention, making vague hand gestures. She knew what he wanted though. She was the armed one, so naturally she would have to go first in case there was someone still around.

Rena took a deep breath, both hands on the gun. Walking to the door, the girl grabbed the handle with a shaking hand. She opened the door as quietly as she could, that is to say, not at all quiet. Placing her hand back on the gun, she gave one last look at Matt before going out into the hallway.

"He-hello?" Rena called out. "I-if you're out there, please um... come out where I-I can see you!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Little Boy*

Post by Little Boy* »

Abby felt her breath stop in her lungs as the announcement began to shriek, seemingly overhead. Ducking down into the shadows, Abby had initially thought it was whoever she'd been spying on. But no, it was just.. What was his name? The Announcer. Their executioner. A grim thought. She swallowed hard as he listed out names, names of those already dead.

So I'm not gonna be the first one out after all.

She felt like laughing, and felt bad for wanting too. Someone had died. Someone else had crossed that point of no return, killing to survive. Would she do the same?

It's just a matter of survival. You didn't know them anyway...

Her thoughts drifted back to Alex, her sister. Would she have been like this? Emotionally detached, or at least trying to give the impression of it? Abby shifted uncomfortably in the dark.

Shadows are safe. But shadows have spiders. And dust. Tons of dust. How old is this building? They must have cleared it out, just for the Program. Didn't give it a good sweeping. If I had allergies, they'd be kicking up right now. My body would swell up, and I'd roll down the hallways... God. God, this is crazy. Why am I hiding in the corner? Corners are the dirtiest spots. Can never get all the dirt out of a corner, once it's in, it just sits there builiding u- stop. Stop, stop, you're going to drive yourself crazy Abby. Need to stay focused, need to survive, need to get a plan... Did they hear me? They must have heard me. I can't see why they wouldn't have hea-

"He-hello?"

SHIT.

"I-if you're out there, please um... come out where I-I can see you!"

Abby's breath caught in her chest. Despite her disgust she pushed herself back up against the wall, trying hard to not make a sound. She had the urge to get up, acknowledge the girl. It was the polite thing to do. But she couldn't she needed to stay hidden, stay silent and away from danger. The girl sounded afraid, but that didn't mean she wouldn't put up a fight. Or even kill her.

It'd suck to be killed by a girl. It'd suck to be killed at all, but me? I don't know. Maybe it's sexist. Wouldn't it be funny if I was sexist?

The girl didn't say anything else. Abby stayed silent, controlling her breathing. She knew the next step was a search, the girl would come looking for her. What then? Confrontation? She searched herself, trying to find an answer.

No. Hiding. Let them try to find me.

Abby carefully inched back down the hallway, keeping her footsteps as silent as possible.

Keep it quiet. Keep it nice and still. Come'on legs, don't fail me now...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Little Boy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

One foot forward. Didn't stay there for long. Again, the other foot followed. And again, again, again. But suddenly, these feet slide around, the other direction. They were going back. Forward these feet walked, again and again, and at the other end, the same thing.

No, Matt wasn't following Rena, he was just pacing around waiting for results.

Let's face it, he was way out of his element here. Sure, in...certain places, he was a dominant being, he took control of the track, the field, the fencing mat, the bedroom; even the strongest creatures were shown their place, such as that Sergei fellow who Matt learnt was not a great a runner as he appeared at the track-meet, nor as great with a foil as he boasted, nor as straight as he gloated to him himself, and quickly found himself very willing and flexible after a few drinks at an after-party. He just had that effect, confidence in his own abilities enough that it looked like he knew what to do in any situation.

Of course, he lacked that gun now, so it was Rena's turn to step up and be the one to do the stuff. And by stuff, he means...the stuff. During which Matt was left back in the room, pacing back and forwards, waiting for results.

You'd better know at least how to use that thing, Rena, cause if you don't I'm gonna be in so much shit. And that shit? Your fault. If you die out there? Your fault. I die? Your fault. Come on...oh, wait, I should stop the arngst and help out somehow.

Matt removed his hands from the back of his head and wandered over to the back of the room, right where his bag and table sat. He opened it and took out his own flashlight; Rena's bag was still slumped in the corner, so...well, Matt was being helpful now.

He quickly and silently jogged over to Rena, and tapped her on the shoulder as she was just about to leave the room. Matt didn't speak, he instead took her left hand and placed the flashlight in her hand, grasping the fingers around it tight. One thumbs up later...

He was back to pacing back and forth inside the room, waiting for results.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Nothing, anybody?))

Matthew had some time to think.

If anyone who heard what he was thinking right now had anything to say, they'd have thought he was a fucking idiot.

But just listen.

Rena had a gun, didn't she? You know what happened with people with guns? They tended to be more trigger happy than people without triggers. Not that he was saying Rena was crazy, but it was a what-if. Look, even though she saved his life, he owed her nothing. The only thing he had to give her was his life, and hell no that wasn't being handed over quickly.

So it really was in his best interest to leave.

Matthew was all silent like, up until one point. Got all his stuff together, threw away his weapon cause it wasn't like he'd need it any more or anything, and got towards the door. Rena was on the other side of it, looking for that girl.

Dammit, he really should have kept that gun when he had the chance.

Like someone was just yanking something out of reach.

So...well, it was nice knowing you Rena, but you really weren't that important to him anyway.

Time to spoil some little girls fun.

Matthew silently opened the door, being sure to turn the room's light off first. The building was enshrouded in complete darkness, and that was how he worked best, in the dark until you couldn't see him coming.

He grinned, and inhaled.

"WATCH OUT, BITCH'S GOTTA GUN, RUN!" Matthew yelled throughout the hallway, before bolting in the opposite direction, right back where he came from.

He reached the front door, and kept on running.

Nice knowing you Rena. Guess next time you'll be faster before I have some time to think, huh?

((Matthew Payne continues in Actions Speak Louder Than Words))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Little Boy*

Post by Little Boy* »

The silence was causing more harm then she thought. Abby wanted to scream, then she'd at least hear something. But there was nothing. Barely a peep. They were planning something, that had to be the answer. Maybe this WAS their plan.

Abby had to face the truth, she wasn't the smartest person in the game. She was in it to win, but that didn't mean her classmates weren't too. Moreover, they had an advantage. They were fucking white. No one wanted to see the Asian girl win. She even looked like easy pickings, no really close friends, no real strengths... She was 'good and proper fucked' as Alex liked to say.

Who's to say they don't have a gun?

A head to head confrontation would be unpleasant. A gunfight would be equally so, although shorter. The possibilities swam through her mind as she inched back away from her classmates. She needed to get out. Fast. Her heart had started pounding, not a good sign. She needed to focus not panic. But the silence wasn't helping. What were they doing? What were they planning? What-

"WATCH OUT, BITCH'S GOTTA GUN, RUN!"

Abby let out a squeak of pure undiluted fear. Before she even knew it, she was halfway down the hallway, her feet thumping oh so noisily on the floor. Over the noise of her beating heart she heard footsteps, somewhere, far away or close, she couldn't tell. Reaching the door she pushed it open, hearing the sound echo through the upper floor. She didn't care. She needed to get her things, and get the heck out of dodge.

For a split second, Abby knew what The Program was about.

Then she was gone.

((Abby Erickson continued in Cell Block Tango))
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

Rena wasn't quite sure what just happened. All she knew was the Matt ran out on her, and judging from the foot steps, whoever else was there as well. She wasn't sure what just happened, but she couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved. Something about the boy scared her a bit, so being alone suited her just fine. At least until she could find someone a bit more trust worthy.

Turning on the flashlight she had in her hand, Rena walked back into the room, going over to where he stuff was located. Nothing seemed to be missing, which was good. Taking a moment to take a sip of water, the girl packed everything back into her bag. Hoisting the bag onto her shoulder, Rena deposited her weapon into her pocket. Probably not the safest thing, but it had to go somewhere.

Having gathered everything she needed, her next course of action was to get out of there. Maybe find some other people to stick around with.

((Rena Bellaire continued in Cell Block Tango))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.

Return to “Administration Building”