Miles to Go Before I Sleep

Open

Amongst the pine stands, there is a fairly large clearing where the trees have been cut back quite a distance. One can barely take a step without tripping over a tree stump, and the foliage is slowly reclaiming the logged area. Still, it might be a welcome sight to those dying for a glimpse of the sun.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

...What the fuck is Louisa doing?

Louisa had a gun. And she wasn't raising it. She wasn't shooting the new girl. ...Was she fucking brain damaged? The girl was pointing a gun at her! (Presumably, anyway, Dylan still couldn't see it and wasn't so dumb as to stick her head out and look.) If someone has a gun and are willing to use it, then fuck them! You shoot! So what the flying fuck was Louisa doing? Telling Dylan to get out of there and trying to talk Clara—Clara's a beaner or something, isn't she? Oh, of course she'd be the one threatening people, beaners got those ridiculous tempers—down.

Talking the gun-wielding beaner down?

Yeah, fuck that, Louisa's dead. She was basically committing herself to getting shot while telling Dylan to run away and live. How heroic. And by heroic, Dylan meant it was the stupidest thing she'd heard or seen since she was, like, two.

Of course, Dylan could have tried sticking around. Maybe she would get Louisa's gun when Louisa inevitably got shot. Of course... maybe she'd get shot herself. Not worth the risk. She'd find a gun elsewhere. It wasn't like she had many supplies worth taking, not after Maxim. All the important stuff she had was soda and half a med kit.

“Idiot, shoot while you have the chance!” Dylan whispered. With that, she ran. Not very fast, occasionally stumbling and having to jam the stick into the ground to stop herself from falling, and if Beaner Girl focused on her she was probably doomed, but she supposed there was more reason to focus on Minstrel. Being that she had a gun and the IQ of a retarded goldfish and all.

((Dylan Walker continued in Uncle Sam Says.))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((GMing approved))

Louisa continued to stare at Clara. The girl wasn't going to put the gun down. Louisa knew she was dead. There was no way around it. Clara was going to kill her. She just hoped Dylan got away.

That's when Clara issued her demands. Louisa was partially surprised that Clara would let Louisa go if she surrendered her gun and bag. It meant that Clara was at least willing to let Louisa live, albeit defenseless and without any supplies to help her. That was what Maxim did to Dylan, and it certainly didn't make Dylan's situation any better.

Idiot, shoot while you have the chance!

Louisa couldn't look away from Clara, but she could hear Dylan running away.

Good. At least someone can survive this situation.

Louisa stood in place. She knew she'd have to make a decision sooner or later. If she delayed too long, Clara would just open fire. Louisa realized she didn't have many options. She'd have to give her stuff up.

Wait, how do I know she'll let me go if I hand my stuff over? She could just shoot me as I run away. You know what, just run. Screw it all, just run away. I hope all that cycling payed off.

With that, Louisa ran. She knew that standing close to the forest would give her some cover. She swung the bag over her shoulder and hurried away.

Run run run run OW!

Louisa heard a loud pop, then a stinging sensation in her arm.

Oh god, I've been shot! Clara shot me! Oh god oh god!

Louisa hurried away into the forest. She knew her arm was bleeding and that Clara could be close behind her, so she knew she had to get as far away as possible.

((Louisa Bloom continued in Open Deal))
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

The inherant problem with telling someone not to do something is that there is always one person who believes that the rule does not apply to them: There is always one person who tries to smuggle powdered cocaine in their colon, there is always one person who catches their cock in a chainsaw’s blade, and there is always one girl who thinks she has the upper hand against a bitch with a gun. It was almost predictable that Louisa would try something stupid and, to make a long story short, she did. Admittedly, it was the cleverest possible solution she could have generated, short of listening to the girl with the revolver and giving up her bags, but it was a stupid solution. Maybe Clara was biased, though. She was the one holding the gun.

Louisa turned on her heels and ran away. No attempts to talk her down, no gunfire. She ran away.

Pushing the few doubts she had to the back of her mind for the moment, Clara steadied her aim and fired a single round at the fleeing girl. Clara had hoped to catch her in the back, gun her down like a coward, but as the revolver roared to life, the bullet found its home in Louisa’s arm instead. Good enough, Clara thought, letting the girl disappear into the forest. There was no need to follow her, Clara figured. They would either meet up again, or get killed. Louisa and her friend were Somebody Else’s Problem now. Names for the announcements, for some to mourn over and some to cheer over and some to ignore, and bury their feelings deep within themselves. Clara had no idea what reaction she would have. It was impossible to tell, until it happened.

Clara lowered her gun and moved towards the discarded bag, her eyes darting around the clearing. There were always vultures in the Program, picking the bones. Worse, there could be a group, maybe Louisa’s friends, waiting to get a clear line of sight on her. Clara thumbed the hammer back, chambering a new round. She breathed in heavily. Four bullets left, She thought. Enough to take some of them with her before she died.

Clara kicked the bag, smearing mud from her sole across the black eagle insignia. There were no other markings on the bag, nothing that she could use to determine the original owner. Clara’s mind immediately jumped on the possibility that the bag was rigged with explosives. She was sure it had happened before, they had left an unmarked bag around with a land mine in it. It was implausible enough to be true. Cautiously, when her paranoia had been satisfied, Clara knelt down and unzipped the bag. She quickly rifled through its contents. She took the first aid kit and placed it in her own bag. That was all she needed from it; Clara suspected someone else had taken the food. She pulled the sides of the bag open with both hands. She would need some room for what she was planning.

There were some small branches littered about the ground. Clara guessed that they had been left behind when the trees were felled. What were they called? Kindling. She had never been into camping, despite calling herself an outdoors person. Call her soft, but she preferred having a bed to go home to. Dumping the sticks inside the canvas bag, she opened the unknown’s first aid kit and retrieved a small, transluscent orange lighter. That would provide accelerant. She unscrewed the cap and poured lighter fluid over the sticks. Then, she took her own lighter- transluscent purple. How did they know her favourite color?- from her own first aid kit and sparked it up. The blue flame danced on the tip of the metal.

She stuck her hand in the bag and hoped get it out again before she burned it. She pulled her hand out as the fire started to catch, flicking the lighter off and shoving it in the back pocket of her shorts. The embers glowed inside the canvas bag, before the fire roared to life. It burned bright, but it would die out quickly. Clara decided that it was best to make her exit then, before she drew too much attention to herself.

Somewhere far away, Smokey Bear shook his fist in rage.

[Clara Fox, continued in Vagabond Code.]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Macha.

Return to “The Clearing”