Breathless

Okay, now we're open. Thanks for waiting!

Small docks dot the shores of this lake front, with cabins nearby each. One would expect a boat or two to be permanently docked here, but the most one would be able to find is a small kayak or canoe in one of the cabins, stowed away in the attic and forgotten.
zabriel*

Post by zabriel* »

Michael nodded. "Yeah, you guys are right. Probably not much here worth our attention. Best to head on to the ship."

Michael checked his compass again and nodded. He also took a look back at the cabins. An idea flashed through his mind, but he'd have time for that later. If it came to that.

"Alright, let's move on then."

Michael started walking toward the docks again, and from there, the ship.

((Michael Clark continued in Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

(Sorry about the short post, moving things along!)

Jake looked up at Mikaela's voice and smiled in spite of himself. All he needed to find were Shawn and Zach and anyone that Shawn wanted to bring around. With that little group everything would be okay. Everything.

"There are people talking outside, I don't know who they are but one of them seems to be on Marion's team. Marion is thinking about going out there. Thoughts?"

Hopefully that would be enough to fill her in. He still didn't like the idea of sending Marion out there, but could they really hide in this cabin until the game was over? Probably not, no.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

((Sorry to skip you Bacon and Chib, and I apologize for the cluster fuck this thread has become. I'm assuming that Nick and Isaac are following Michael out. PM me if this is an issue.))

Mikeala finally came down. Which was good since Madelyn was worried how it started to look like she had murdered her friend and was luring Marion and Jake to their doom. With that problem solved the current situation had an extra head to think about it with them. Madelyn went to take a second look out the window, and saw them leaving.

"I think we're good." She closed the curtain again. "They're leaving right now. They must be from that Detroit school." She set her bag on the floor and and stretched her back out. It seemed alright to relax for now. The cabin had been cleared by Mikaela and her, and she was amongst friends (and Marion, but she was nice enough).

"So, where were we?" She said, trying to trace back in her head to the moments before. Finding that she couldn't get past the memory of meeting Jake and Marion, going up the stairs, and then cutting to him hearing something. When she finally remembered she chided herself,I can't be so ditzy if I want to get out of this alive. Madelyn picked up her bag,

"I like the idea of breaking for lunch and planing out the hell we're gonna do." She looked around for a spot to do so when she added, "We should probably have someone keep watch. Maybe a rotation?" Okay, maybe the planning wasn't going to wait. This needed to be talked about, and she watched the show enough to know their survival depended on it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

(OOC: Sorry for what's basically a big parroted mess, but it's really hard to cut in actions with so many posts in front of you...)

After Marion suggested going outside, she glanced at Jake. It was obvious that he was quite nervous, and his gun hand began to sweat. Marion only knew that it could become a really bad situation right then and there, before Jake said, "Your call, Mad."

At this, Marion nodded. She didn't exactly want Jake to be making the decision, since it was obvious enough that he was unsettled, so she was quite happy with Mad making the decision.

Then, however, Mikaela came down the stairs, and Marion could notice that she looked quite happy to see Jake and her, and couldn't help but think that at least one person was happy.

Mikaela then began to rush forward, as if to hug them, before she suddenly stopped, noticing everyone's nervous demeanor, and asked quietly, "Hey guys, everything okay down here?"

She was about to explain when Jake answered, "There are people talking outside, I don't know who they are but one of them seems to be on Marion's team. Marion is thinking about going out there. Thoughts?"

Marion only nodded in reply, as Jake had pretty much covered all of the important points. She was rather relieved that he didn't say anything adamantly in opposition of her plan too, it was a good sign.

Suddenly, however, Mad then announced, "I think we're good," which left Marion a bit confused since the situation was most certainly not good by any definition of the word. Still, Mad continued, after closing the curtain, "They're leaving right now. They must be from that Detroit school."

Feeling relieved, Marion again nodded, and couldn't help but think about how easily the situation was solved. Then again, overconfidence like that was most certainly not a good thing and she admonished herself to not become so.

Mad then asked to no one in particular, "So, where were we?" Marion was about to reply with, "We were about to eat lunch and make plans," when Mad then continued, "I like the idea of breaking for lunch and planing out the hell we're gonna do."

She then looked around, seemingly for a place to eat, and she then continued, "We should probably have someone keep watch. Maybe a rotation?"

In reply, Marion said agreeably, "That's reasonable, and I can take the first shift if you want. Anyways, how about that spot over there?" She then pointed at a clean and comfortable looking spot with enough space for everyone, and said, "I think there's enough space there for all of us."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Good they were moving on, that pleased Nick a bit. It wasn't good to stay in one spot he didn't think. No, people usually moved around a lot on the show. Best to move on. He walked after Michael.

(Nick Simmons continued in Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan)
Chib*

Post by Chib* »

"Yeah, you guys are right. Probably not much here worth our attention. Best to head on to the ship."

Took 'em long enough to figure that one out. Then again, in fairness, the destination of the cruise ship was essentially a fantasy anyway. Isaac was pretty sure he wasn't the only one realising that just about the only place worth making an effort to get to was home, anywhere else would just be a stop on the way to either dying, running away, or, God forbid, killing each other. But what the hell, he'd never been on a boat before, might as well take the opportunity. Nick and Michael were moving on, best to stick together, at least until he came across more Pink team members.

So Isaac headed off to the south, following a short distance behind his compatriots. But as he came close to the shore of the lake, about to start the long detour around it, he lingered. Maybe he was just paranoid, and he'd have been glad to be able to write it off as that, but something troubled him. He felt as though he was being watched, and he was sure he could hear faint sounds, too distant and muffled to trace back to their origin.

No, just paranoid, he shook his head and inwardly laughed at himself for being so scared of the great nothingness around him.

But then again, there was something uncomfortable about being so alone, for so long. As though the rest of the island was plotting against the trio. Isaac tried to put it out of his mind, and hastened to catch up with Michael and Nick.

[Isaac King --> Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chib. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Jake nodded at Marion's suggestion. The vise that had squeezed his heart loosened a little as the visitors all left. Marion hadn't betrayed them and things were sort of settling down.

Well, for now.

"Thanks for taking first watch," he told Marion. "Looks like it's beef jerky and cliff bar time...after you, my Lady!"

He winked at Madelyn as he said it, trying to be as charming and comforting as possible. There was absolutely no way he could ever hurt her, was it time to start thinking about what would happen if they were the only two left? No. It would never be that time. It could never be that time.

He tried to keep his smile light, to keep from crying. Boys don't cry, that's what his father always said.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer*

Post by Slayer* »

(In before announcement!)

Looked like she'd missed something interesting. Not that there was something wrong with that; "interesting" in SOTF-TV was more in the "may you live in interesting times" sense. So perhaps that was for the better. Any part of the game where stuff wasn't blowing up, stabbing you or shooting at things was a good part. For now, she was with friends - and a guy who'd been slightly more than that for a while - and they could at least pretend for the time being they weren't all about to die horribly for the entertainment of a completely morally-bankrupt populace.

Wait, did someone mention food? Someone mentioned food, her stomach heard them. It didn't have ears, but it still heard them somehow. Shut up. The point was, lunch was involved, and before she could claim not to be hungry her stomach began rumbling. God, when was the last time she'd eaten? Probably when she had breakfast prior to coming to school today.

...She'd not even said anything to her parents when she last saw them. She ignored them entirely, like she had so often since the struggle to get into SDA. They'd stopped being anywhere near as close after that, and the last memory she had of family was an awkward breakfast. It would have drawn tears if she weren't in the middle of a group of people watching her at the moment. As it was, her eyes still went shiny.

Everything she'd done looked about to be for nothing, after all. All her parents would remember was a girl who apparently hated them now. She had to stop thinking so morbidly, but that was no easy proposition.

All right, distraction time, then. She directed a quick smile to Jake; even if they'd stopped doing the whole "friends with benefits" thing when he got with Madelyn, she still cared about him, and she hoped the smile at least gave a bit of comfort. "So, anyone get anything good?"

She left the exact meaning ambiguous. Food-wise, weapons, whatever. It was something to talk about while she rummaged through her pack for the supplied food.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

Marion took the first watch, and Madelyn nodded along with Jake's thanks as if repeating it before sitting down with Mikaela at the table. Giving him a smile before going through her bag. She heard Mikaela ask if anyone got anything good. At first Madelyn assumed she was asking about weaponry, and Madelyn thought to herself, Didn't she see Marion's sword? Still, she put her glow stick bag on the table and gave Jake and Marion a weak grin to say, "Yup, that's what I got stuck with."

She returned to concentrating on her bag as if deciding on what to eat when she was really doing her own planning. Because, unlike the past games, more then one person can go home. Even if they weren't on the same team Madelyn could get her and Jake home, but only if she killed ten people. Which was a near impossible task by itself, and with a lot of variables.

Madelyn knew Jake probably wouldn't go with it, and there was know way she could "accidentally" kill or "defend" herself and them against ten people. To get that many you had to hunt them down. Madelyn then considered dropping Jake off with some of his team members, but she didn't like the idea of him being too far away for her to protect. Especially if any of those team members were from that Detroit school.

She decided on a piece of beef jerky and took out one of her water bottles. She unwrapped the jerky and began eating it. This needed more thought, but she didn't know how much longer she had to do that. When she finished she took a drink from her bottle and said,

"Okay, so I want to spend the night here." She paused to let it sink in. "Shelter is hard to find, and we should hang on to what we have."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

After Marion offered to be the one to take first shift, Jake thanked her and Mad nodded along. It was definitely a good sign, it looked like Jake's nervousness didn't carry him away after all.

Next, Mikaela asked if anyone got anything good, and Marion couldn't help but shake her head no. Sure, the sword looked awesome, but, well, the thing was about as unwieldy as a sledgehammer and quite possible more. Actually, she felt that it was practically useless besides intimidation, since after all she didn't even have to faintest clue how to wield it. Still, no point in saying it out loud.

In any case, Mad then put a glow stick on the table and grinned weakly at Jake and her, and Marion knew immediately that it was her draw. For the first time, she actually felt somewhat lucky, since while the sword was bad she realized that it could be still much, much, worse.

Then, everyone began to dig into their packs for food. Marion followed after them, and for the first time looked at the food in great detail. Nothing really surprising about it, just the regular spread of brand name products for product placement. She simply took out a few slices of bread and a bottle of water, and ate the slices and took a drink of water. It really wasn't much, mostly because of her nervousness.

While she was doing sp, Mad then said that she wanted to spend the night at the cabin, to which Marion nodded and said after swallowing her food, "Ditto. We should definitely stay here for at least a day or so, it's the safest thing we could do. I think after that, though, it would be better to move on to somewhere else, since having a definite location might make us targets. Still, I can't say for sure, and anyways I've got to go outside to take my shift..."

She then went outside, and found a small hill near the cabin, giving her a good view. Then, after sitting down cross-legged, she looked out at the lake for a brief moment, appreciating how relaxing the scenery was, before turning back to the other side and looking for... something, if anything at all...

(OOC: Just skip me until something actually happens.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Jake couldn't shake the feeling that he really really wanted to keep moving. What if the zone became dangerous? People had already come by, even if they hadn't stayed...the entire ordeal had shaken him up. As Mikaela asked if they had gotten anything good, he just sheepishly held up his gun. He hated the fact that he had it, he hated the fact that he knew how to use it more. Sure, most of the time his father had taught him how to carry giant rifles, but occasional trips to the shooting range basically cemented the idea of proper gun use in his brain. Jake just didn't think that nay gun use was proper gun use.

Madelyn placed a glow stick on the table and smiled at him sadly. Jake stared at the object in disbelief. There was absolutely no way that a person could ever believe this was a weapon, was it a joke? It had to be a joke, maybe Madelyn hadn't looked in the bag enough? Maybe the glowsticks were just something everyone got. He frowned. They discussed spending the night and although he really hated it, he was helpless against all of the women around him.

Marion left to take watch, and Jake sat down on the floor, putting his pack in his lap.

"Has anyone really looked through these yet?" He asked the two girls.
Slayer*

Post by Slayer* »

(Quickie for purposes of danger zone.)

"I had a look through my pack after I got up," Mikaela offered. Pretty much the first thing she'd done and all that. She set her shuriken on the table, shaking her head. "From what I've heard, these things are useless as anything but a distraction even if you're trained to use 'em, and I'm no ninja."

Probably one of the sillier things she'd said since she got on the island. Of course, she hadn't said much of anything since she got on the island, but that was just a petty detail. It still sounded ridiculous playing it back in her head, drawing a very faint smile from the young woman. On the note of ridiculousness, she was about to show Jake the schoolgirl outfit she'd been given by the perverts upstairs, sure it would amuse him, when she suddenly stopped and slipped the uniform back into the pack.

Why? What could be more important than fanservice and a bitterly sarcastic internal monologue? Oh, I don't know, how about the announcement that just played? Yeah, listen to that a bit more closely. Catch something odd?

Yeah, thought so. This lake and cabin and stuff? Danger zone, bitch! Get out if you wanna keep that pretty head on your shoulders! Schnell schnell schnell! Mikaela started to go pale as she heard it, overwhelming her sick sense of relief only one person had given in to the game so far, almost jumping to her feet.

"Guys? Uh, we have to go like... yesterday," said the aspiring doctor as she hurriedly put all her things away. "We can eat lunch wherever we end up, let's move!"

Once everyone was getting out, she'd be right alongside them, wherever they decided to go.

(As said. Assume she's out of the thread, will be formally such once all y'all've got out.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

Madelyn was about to tell Jake her short tale when the announcement came on. The fact that only one student had died was concerning since Madelyn knew what happened with seasons that were slow to start. She took solace that no one she knew had died.

Then their location was made a Danger Zone.

Fuck!

Madelyn packed up her shit. Putting her glow sticks and map on the top. Picked up her oar, and took a last look around. She was looking forward to having a bed to sleep in tonight.

Then she got the fuck out.

((Madelyn Conner continued in The King in Yellow))
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

People were actually killing out there. The thought chilled Jake more than anything. He bit his lip, touched the red cap in his back pocket, and took off after the two girls...

(Jake Langston continued in The King in Yellow)
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

Marion was simply looking into the distance when the island intercom system suddenly blared on. When she heard the familiar voice of Leo the announcer, she quickly realized that it was the first announcement, and began listening intently. Not much had happened, apparently, only one death was already reported, which was a prospect that both terrified her and relaxed her at the same time. The idea of people killing each other already was one that would frighten anyone, but luckily (and maybe a bit morbidly) she was happy to think that at least the bulk of the killing hadn't quite begun yet and that the person who died was someone she didn't even know at all. She kept thinking about that until she saw some of the others come outside the cabin, and she was about to ask them why they were leaving when she suddenly remembered that the lake had became a danger zone and that she had to leave ASAP. With that, she took off after the others, following them silently.

(BRN04: Marion Clayton continued in The King in Yellow.)

Return to “The Inland Lake”