Gather ye rosebuds while ye Mae

Everything else on the island, these grassy, well kept lands are a popular camping area for many a tourist too fearful to brave the rain forest, or too inexperienced to rough it in the Forest. There are certain areas marked off for camping, but for the most part these fields and plains are just there to get from point A to point B, in the most relaxing and enjoyable way possible.
peregrineink*

Gather ye rosebuds while ye Mae

Post by peregrineink* »

(Mae St. Clair continued from Time to Pretend)

Mae refused to admit that she lost him, even though she had run this far without seeing him for so long. She didn't know where she was, the plains? She didn't have anything. She didn't have her packs or her weapons or anything. Just blood on her hands. And failure. She was definitely packing some serious failure at this moment.

Mae stood and stared at the plains leading outwards to nowhere. It was incredibly dangerous for her to be out here like this. So many people had died, hadn't she seen enough of it herself? Didn't she not want to be one of those people? She had just left Zach and Michael to chase after who? What?

A person who clearly didn't even care.

"He...he didn't even ask...he didn't even want to hear me..." The tears streamed freely down her cheeks and Mae couldn't remember the last time she had allowed herself to cry like this. The cameras were probably on her.

Close on: Mae St. Clair. Standing majestically on some hill overlooking a sweeping expanse of grass. Clad in white lace, her dark hair blowing in the breeze, tears on her face. Blood on her hands.

Put it on a t-shirt, SOTF-TV. Put it on a lunchbox.

Mae St. Clair cries for her....love?

Her heart shuddered around the word. That wasn't it, was it? She didn't really know Shawn, Shawn obviously didn't know her, but she would have liked the opportunity to try. To figure it out, she had never let herself decide.

Maybe next time when she saw him again, she would make the decision, and stick to it.

If she ever saw him again.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

(( Zachariah Johnston continued from Time To Pretend ))

He had chased the two, tried to keep track of them both, but, no amount of determination could overcome the tonne of things he was carrying, or the fact that he was chasing two athletes that had actually looked after their bodies, or the fact that he hadn't had a good nights sleep in what felt like an age.

He would've been lost by now if it weren't for the occasional glimpses that he'd catch of them. A little flash of gold, of black hair amongst the plains, the forests, the beaches, wherever the hell they were.

He hadn't seen them for a while though. Had they outpaced him? Had they caught up with one another and he'd run past? Had he even been following the right people? There was one other member of Gold that he hadn't seen yet, he could've been following that person.

He slowed down, to a walk, his breathing heavier than it had been in a while. He had failed, yet again.

Then, crying, faint crying. He looked around.

"He...he didn't even ask...he didn't even want to hear me..." He knew that voice. Mae. He hadn't lost her, he hadn't failed! But... She was crying. His heart lurched a little. She sounded so sad.

He walked up the hill and saw her there, crying. No, crying didn't encompass this, she was weeping.

He should comfort her, shouldn't he? But... how would you, how should you?

He placed a hand on her shoulder, lightly, carefully.

"Please don't cry." He said, his voice quiet and sad. "It... It's okay."
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Of course Zach followed her. She wanted to yell at him. She wanted to shoot him, actually. She wanted to kill him like he had been killing all of those people and she wanted to do it herself so no one would have to deal with Zach Johnston and his crazy obsession with her any more and she wanted to feel like a normal person and move on with her life and get out of here.

She wanted to yell at him.

Mae could not bring herself to yell at him. Not now.

She wiped her face, what was she doing right now? What was she doing standing and crying in the darkness? There was nothing she could do right now that would bring Shawn back to her.

He had obviously made his decision before she could.

"I'm...sorry," she said to him. "That you had to see that." It must not have been very nice to see a person you were in love with running after another person in such a manner. She would have to watch that. Maybe Shawn was off running after someone else. Maybe he had always been running after someone else. The thought made her stomach grow cold, had she been acting the part so closely that she was starting to believe it? Oh dear.

"I'm...we should probably get back to Michael. Michael...Michael is probably wondering where we went."

They just couldn't leave Michael .What was she thinking? The boy from Detroit had basically thrown in with her in complete faith, taking her side against Panya unquestionably. It was comforting. Michael was comforting. She had burned far too many bridges today to burn this one.

"I also left my weapons back there. I shouldn't do that. Not now."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mini_Help

Post by Mini_Help »

Just a reminder: we do have thread limits in areas, and this thread is over them. We'll let it slide this time, but, since it seems to be becoming something of an issue in TV, any further threads started in excess of the limit without noted mod permission will be asked to relocate.
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

"I'm...sorry, That you had to see that." She said, wiping the tears from her eyes. He wanted to hug her, and he would've, if he hadn't've been so certain it'd result in her hurting him.

"It's okay, you're allowed to feel emotion" He said, trying his best to sound comforting.

"I'm...we should probably get back to Michael. Michael...Michael is probably wondering where we went." Huh? Oh, Michael was probably the name of that new kid that had joined the group. "I also left my weapons back there. I shouldn't do that. Not now."

He almost smiled. He knew that'd been a good idea!

"I brought them for you Mae, don't worry" He said, pulling out the katana and placing it before her, before taking the shotgun from his back and holding it out to her, almost like a servant presenting a knight her blade.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Mae was grateful that he had armed her, she picked up the sword and held it in her hand, it felt powerful. She hated it.

He knelt, holding out the shotgun to her as though presenting something precious, she reached for it. So casual.

So comfortable.

What the hell was she doing?

Zach had murdered how many people over the course of three days? At least two in front of her, not to mention several more...whose names she had forgotten, but his name kept popping up over and over. He was killing. Here was a prolific killer kneeling before her, offering her a weapon.

He can't be doing it all for me....

She kept her face placid as she reached for the gun, hoping that maybe nothing would happen, maybe he wouldn't touch her. Maybe she could get the gun out of his hands and safely into hers and they could get back to Michael and study that collar that she had lost so much over.

Why was her heart pounding?
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

She took it from him, so cautiously, as if she was afraid of taking up arms, once more. But that didn't matter, she could defend herself now, and that was all that mattered. There were so many threats now. She had already been attacked, already had to kill. She had been threatened by mad people twice. And, there were so many players. People like him. It was a small miracle that none of them had found their way to the Resort beach yet.

"Shall we head back now?" He asked, standing up. It wasn't like they could chase Shawn to the ends of the island, and if he didn't want to be found by them, well, he wouldn't be for now. They might as well finish what they had started with the collars. Maybe they could find something that'd help. And, hell, if not, the explosives would definitely come in handy.

He took out a bottle of water from his bag, took a drink of it, and then offered it to Mae without a word. She had been running for longer than him, and much faster than him. Her throat must be even more sore than his was.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

(GMing done with permission!)

Mae's throat was parched, but as Zach offered her the water she hesitated. Didn't Zach poison someone during the course of the game? She could remember hearing that in the announcements somewhere. How else could he have done it but through water?

Stop being paranoid, Mae St. Clair. He just took a drink of his own water.

She took the bottle and put it to her lips. The water was sweet and cool and thank god for it.

"We should head back now," she told him. She felt bad for leaving poor Michael surrounded by dead bodies. What was she thinking?

She held on to her weapons and started back. It was strange just how easy she knew he way back to that place. That horrible place that didn't even feel like HQ anymore. Once she got that collar, still around the now headless neck of Panya Bishara, they'd get out of there, they'd move somewhere better, somewhere not plagued by blood and horrible memories.

Yeah.

She walked on, fully sure and comforted in the fact that Zach was following behind her.

(Zachiariah Johnston and Mae St. Clair continued in Time To Pretend)

Return to “The Open Plains”