Troubleshooting

Or: Create-Your-Glitch

The familiar glass window façade of the school building remains as lifelike as ever, even as the school plays host as the arena to a terrible game. Several things seem off about the locations you once knew, however. Even the atmosphere itself feels wrong and unfamiliar compared to how it was before. The simulacrum has replaced the realistic backdrop of daily life beyond the campus grounds with an infinite expanse of asphalt that stretches toward the horizon in every direction. The curb is still an impassable barrier but now surrounds and encloses the school within a one-mile radius. The map's skybox is also suspect in some places; the clear and balmy California sky cracks open if viewed at just the right odd angle to reveal a featureless void of undefined polygons beyond.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Troubleshooting

Post by DerArknight »

This thread serves as a list of all bugs and glitches (for simplicity from now on only called “glitches”) that appear over time. Here is also where handlers can create new ones.

As the game goes on, the arena will start to glitch out more and more. Each set of rolls, even the ones without an announcement accompanying them, will introduce a few new glitches.

In addition to that, handlers are allowed to introduce smaller glitches on their own as long as the glitches have no bigger impact on the location and they post the new glitches in this thread. Staffers have the right to veto glitches for whatever reason. Your glitch should at best only influence a very small part of the location. To avoid the arena from getting filled with glitches too fast, every handler may just create one new glitch every seven days. The glitch should also come up in-character somehow. Glitches that are posted in this thread but not used in the actual game will be deleted after 14 days. FInally, unless staff's approval was granted beforehand, glitches made by non-staffers may not be used in escape attempts.

Your post introducing a new glitch in this thread has to include at least the following informations:

1. Location of the glitch
2. Description of the glitch
3. Time it appeared/was first discovered by students

The only exception to this thread is The Distorted Homeroom. Since the whole point of this location is that it is riddled with glitches that constantly change, noting them down in this thread is not required.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

1. The Rooftop
2. Item replication glitch through the spinning fan. When an item is touched by the spinning fan blades, the item will disappear for a second and comes back duplicated with a clone. The two items are half the size and mass of the original item.
3. Jill at the beginning of the game.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

1. Untouched Classrooms
2. Eraser glitched about, shot at Soledad like a projectile and melted into polygons.
3. Soledad at the start of the game
Ahab9

Post by Ahab9 »

1. The Courtyard
2. Fake plastic handles inside the greenhouses, detachable with enough force. Can't be put back. Doors can still be opened from both sides.
3. Amy on day 1.
どこにいたって、人は繋がっているのよ

SOTF Cyber: Amalia 'Amy' Cassady
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

With the First Announcement, more glitches are added to the arena.
All of the following glitches can be encountered around the start of Night 1:

1. In The Parking Lot, about one quarter of all car doors malfunction. If anyone were to pull the handles, the door will become completely loose from the car, allowing to use it for whatever purpose one might want to use a car door.

2. In The Schoolyard, the grass outside the greenhouses starts to grow at a visible rate. New plants also appear in the outside greenery. By the time the Second Announcement is broadcasted, the overall grass will be around knee-height.

3. The Sorted Classrooms lose all their color, becoming monochrome like a black-and-white movie. The area of this effect includes the hallways. Avatars and objects who enter the location will lose all colors as well. Leaving the floor will revert the effect completely within seconds.
Furthermore, this glitch can only be observed within the floor. If somewhere were to look into the location while being outside, all colors are still there.

Since this glitches are made by staff, they might be incorporated into escape attempts without needing to be cleared with staff first.
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

1. The Common Area
2. Collision code for one wall is faulty, allowing for students to phase through it rather than colliding with it, but only if said student is moving faster than walking speed, and they are not directly facing the wall at the moment of collision.
3. Marnie on the first day
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

1. The Emmett Sterling Memorial Planetarium
2. When someone dies in the The Emmett Sterling Memorial Planetarium, the anti-gravity field will 'fix' itself, and send everything in the room crashing down.
3. Drea after dying
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

With the Second Announcement, more glitches are added to the arena.
All of the following glitches can be encountered around the start of Day 2:

1. On The Rooftop, the spinning animation of several ventilatoirs has stopped. The ventilators can be seen standing still. However, this does not impede their functionality. The flow of air can still be filled, the ventilators make noises as if running normally, and anyone or anything caught in them will still get ripped to pieces.

2. In The Schoolyard, the outside greenery keeps growing. Different plants and smaller bushes will also appear now, making the growing jungle more diverse. By the time of the Third Announcement, it will be a thick bush going up to most student's chests, creating many hiding places in the process.

3. Any footsteps made in The Sorted Classrooms can be heard in The Empty Classrooms instead, meaning that everyone in East Wing 3F has an easier time walking without sound while students on the floor under them may hear footsteps without anyone around. This applies only to sounds made by touching the floor.

4. The terrorists will use the 12 hours in which the Planetarium is a Danger Zone for some maintenance. Once the Danger Zone is lifted the glitch created by Lilith in post #7 will be fixed, and the anti-gravity field will work again.

Since this glitches are made by staff, they might be incorporated into escape attempts without needing to be cleared with staff first.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

1. The Untouched Classrooms (West Wing 3F) (Specifically the homeroom.)
2. After smashing the mirror in their homeroom over Boston's head, a huge flash of prismatic light appears, and Gillian and Boston are fused together. The original forms of Gillian and Boston can still be seen in some of the mirror reflections.
3. viewtopic.php?p=45901#p45901
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

1. Sorted Classrooms
2. Any student who passes by a certain table or chair in one of the mountains of furniture will collide with one of the legs of said chair/table no matter what path they try to take around it, so long as they are within 1 foot (0.3048 meters) of it. The offending chair/table differs from pile to pile but will always be an outermost chair/table. Not every pile in the Sorted Classrooms has this glitch. This effect persists even if the chair/table is removed from its pile.
3. Ripley Klein during Day 2
[+] Characters
Ripley Klein
SOTF: Cyber
Pregame: 1
In Game: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

1. Ángel Alcántara's model
2. Ángel's ponytail and crow skull hair tie are still visible on his model despite cutting it. If one were to try to touch it their hand would go right through it like its not there.
3. Day 2 morning
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
One Room Deathgame: Angry Knife man with horrid scars.
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

U: An older version of me in a shituation.
"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
Cyber:Ángel Alcántara, Watch his halo fade and his wings morph.
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
[+] spoiler Some far off dream
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

TV4: The Acrobat- Harper -"They always told me to be ready for anything..."
The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

With the Third Announcement, more glitches are added to the arena.
All of the following glitches can be encountered around the start of Night 2:

1. The Rooftop is now subjected to winds that get stronger and weaker over time. At its strongest, it might cause people to loose their footing if they aren't careful. In addition, the direction of the wind keeps changing, sometimes in ways that defy the laws of physics, such as the wind blowing from out of the ground, for example.

2. In The Schoolyard, the outside greenery has finally stopped growing.

3. The Sorted Classrooms are now completely soundless. Footsteps will still be audible on the floor below, but any other sound simply doesn't exist. In addition, with the earlier monochrome glitch, the area has now effectively turned into a black-and-white silent movie.

Return to “Sycamore High 2.0”