SOTF: Cyber Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This subforum exists to allow for discussion and planning related to the SOTF: Cyber AU.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

FlockOfHens wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:42 am Might as well ask:
While someone is using their backpack, will it showcase some sort of inventory screen or system?
No. It's just a normal backpack where you have to take things out by hand.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Ahab9 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:10 am Hi!
Quick question, I was reading the shield description and I wanted a clarification about what constitutes as projectile.
Also, is the projectile reflected with the same force it hits the shield (and if the shield covers only the front of the hexagon and works both ways)?
Thanks in advance!
Basically anything colliding with the reflector with enough to force to cause damage counts as a projectile.

The shield forms around the user.

The projectile is indeed reflected with the same force. Basically the projectile does a 180°.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Deblod100 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:41 pm I have a little bit of the question.

I assuming that if anyone is caught during when a portal is closed, they are more prone to have a limb or two sliced off by accident?
Yes. Any material inside the portals get sliced off when the portals get closed.
Also, for this chainsaw weapon. Since it's meant to be more "non-realistic", is there still a way to stop the chainsaw safely without it tearing through a backpack?
There is a stop-button on the side. Also you can reev it a second time.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

This may have already been discussed in Discord, but Rikario plans to take gardening gloves and a hand trowel to use them as weapons. Can this be allowed?
My Kids!
[+] Currently Playing
  • Rikario Dalton (Cyber) / The Frail
    "W-why... why am I... still p-pretending... e-e-everything will be... o-okay..?"
[+] In The Future
  • Zachill "Hill" Eldman (DOTF)/ The Doubtful
    "There's always a silver lining to every problem!"
  • Jane-Elise Palbrooke (DOTF) / The High-Flyer
    "People keep sayin' they wanna be famous through this or that; I just wanna be successful."
  • Ailwin De Vonte (Hellbent) / The Failure
    "The world was beginning to lose its color... Its flavor... It became so hollow..."
  • "Kreeck" (Fastest) / The Faithful
    "I SPOKE TO THE LORD, AND HE SPOKE TO ME. HE CHANTED, "CHILD, I MUST HAVE AN ARMY. BRING ME AN ARMY." AND LO, I SHALL FULFILL HIS WISHES."
  • "Maroon" (ROGUE - Coming Soonish!) / The Beneficial
    "Oh darling, I'm making bank the best way I know how!"
  • Acaylah Jaisuke "AJ" Hawke (DEAD-END - Coming Soonish!) / The Wandering Bard
    "Sometimes, you gotta pave a new road to drive on."
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Hey, Cyber Staff!

Quick question about the following glitch in the Sorted Classrooms (East Wing):
3. Any footsteps made in The Sorted Classrooms can be heard in The Empty Classrooms instead, meaning that everyone in East Wing 3F has an easier time walking without sound while students on the floor under them may hear footsteps without anyone around. This applies only to sounds made by touching the floor.
Does this apply only to footsteps, or does it extend to all sounds made on the floor (such as something falling over and hitting the ground)?

Thanks!
[+] Characters
Ripley Klein
SOTF: Cyber
Pregame: 1
In Game: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

MonteCristo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:32 am Hey, Cyber Staff!

Quick question about the following glitch in the Sorted Classrooms (East Wing):
3. Any footsteps made in The Sorted Classrooms can be heard in The Empty Classrooms instead, meaning that everyone in East Wing 3F has an easier time walking without sound while students on the floor under them may hear footsteps without anyone around. This applies only to sounds made by touching the floor.
Does this apply only to footsteps, or does it extend to all sounds made on the floor (such as something falling over and hitting the ground)?

Thanks!
This applies only to footsteps. For now.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2