Record Break

Just something I wanted to try out! (Semi-Open?, Multishot)

Before the events of SOTF: Cyber, the students of Sycamore High School were just ordinary kids with ordinary lives—these are the stories of their lives before they found their tragic fates at the hands of the terrorists.

Characters may be present in one sandbox (present) or memory (past) thread at a time, in addition to supplemental oneshots or multishots.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

"Oh, right, forgot about that." Soledad stated, nodding to herself, before the conversation returned to food. "I saw there was a McDonalds around the area. Maybe we could stop there? Or maybe see if there's a Mexican restaurant or something." She sighed. "I know, I know, stereotypes and all, who cares, you give me a taco, I give you my life." Soledad chuckled. For what it was worth, Mexican food was pretty high on the totem pole of food.

"Ooh, ooh, or maybe pizza!" Soledad bounced up and down, nothing could replace the delicious nature of cheese and pepperoni sitting on top of tomato sauce, hugged together by crust...

Other than the thought of real-life, something that turned Soledad's initial excitement into discontent. "Ugh. Work." She sighed. "No, not yet. But if I ever get there, I'm probably gonna be an artist for some big anime company, or write graphic novels for a living. That'd be pretty cool!"
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Huh... Looks like actions do have consequences.

Rikario had expected his depressed demeanor would be a problem for everyone but never thought he'd get open feedback about it. But then again, he can't deny it. It was likely one of the many reasons why all his friends left. He knows that Angel is somewhat understanding about Rikario's weak conditions, but he still can't get the comment out of his head. Were all of his classmates thinking the same thing? Did all of his old friends think so, too?

Rikario quietly nodded, not listening to any of Angel's questions.
My Kids!
[+] Currently Playing
  • Rikario Dalton (Cyber) / The Frail
    "W-why... why am I... still p-pretending... e-e-everything will be... o-okay..?"
[+] In The Future
  • Zachill "Hill" Eldman (DOTF)/ The Doubtful
    "There's always a silver lining to every problem!"
  • Jane-Elise Palbrooke (DOTF) / The High-Flyer
    "People keep sayin' they wanna be famous through this or that; I just wanna be successful."
  • Ailwin De Vonte (Hellbent) / The Failure
    "The world was beginning to lose its color... Its flavor... It became so hollow..."
  • "Kreeck" (Fastest) / The Faithful
    "I SPOKE TO THE LORD, AND HE SPOKE TO ME. HE CHANTED, "CHILD, I MUST HAVE AN ARMY. BRING ME AN ARMY." AND LO, I SHALL FULFILL HIS WISHES."
  • "Maroon" (ROGUE - Coming Soonish!) / The Beneficial
    "Oh darling, I'm making bank the best way I know how!"
  • Acaylah Jaisuke "AJ" Hawke (DEAD-END - Coming Soonish!) / The Wandering Bard
    "Sometimes, you gotta pave a new road to drive on."
NoLife42069
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by NoLife42069 »

Ángel probably had anxiety. He never got diagnosed but the way he was kicking himself mentally over Rikario really was indicative of something. Ángel waved off Sol's comment, "I'm working off very old information, me and Rikario were friends back in middle school..." Ángel tapered off as Sol gave food suggestions.

Ángel raised an eyebrow on the topic of Mexican food, one of his antennae flicking once. "My racial heritage has nothing to do with this? Besides, I don't really eat tacos, was always biased toward my grandma's tamales." A small smile formed on Ángel's face as he thought of them. Ángel muttered something in Spanish, as a text box appeared in front of him with a rough translation: "Grandpas' always been right about grandma's cooking. Speaking of, I should visit them sometime maybe on my next off day?"

Ángel looked down at the box and sighed. "Damnit, I thought I turned this off... Really convenient for translations but not so much when you talk to yourself." Returning his attention to Sol, he gave a nod. "I'm fine with anything."

One of Ángel's insectoid arms came to scratch his chin. "I meant more for now. I've been working for a few years now, so I've already kinda got my career sorted."

Ángel's gaze then fell on Rkario. He was quiet... Which wasn't out of the ordinary, but it was like he was... Receding into himself. Ángel walked a bit closer to him and snapped his fingers a few times to get his attention. "Rikario? You okay? Di-..." Ángel frowned and looked away, not wanting to face him. "Did I say something that made you uncomfortable?"
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
One Room Deathgame: Angry Knife man with horrid scars.
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

U: An older version of me in a shituation.
"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
Cyber:Ángel Alcántara, Watch his halo fade and his wings morph.
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
[+] spoiler Some far off dream
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

TV4: The Acrobat- Harper -"They always told me to be ready for anything..."
The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Rikario's mind zoned out to different topics as he kept nodding. He kept thinking about other topics unrelated to Sol & Angel's conversation, like what kinds of outfits relate to Solarpunk, or what happened to himself during middle school. Speaking of high school, he still hasn't received a grade for his math class which worried him. He wanted to think of anything to avoid the idea of his classmates thinking poorly of him.

Speaking of friends, Angel snapped his fingers at him to get his attention, interrupting his thoughts. As Angel turned away, Rikario became more confused about what was happening. But behind the mandibles, Rikario could tell that he was frowning. It looked like Angel thought he offended him in some way.

"N-n-no... I-I was just... zone-n-ning out..."

Wait, no. That sounds even worse.

That only made it sound like Rikario was actively avoiding the conversation or made it look like he took full offense to his earlier comment. Embarrassedly, he tried to follow up on the conversation but completely forgot what Sol & Angel were talking about. It was awkward because they talked about it a few seconds ago. Instead, Rikario looked around the mall to see what was there. They did plan on getting something to eat, right?

"O-oh hey... C-c-c-cin-namon rolls..."
My Kids!
[+] Currently Playing
  • Rikario Dalton (Cyber) / The Frail
    "W-why... why am I... still p-pretending... e-e-everything will be... o-okay..?"
[+] In The Future
  • Zachill "Hill" Eldman (DOTF)/ The Doubtful
    "There's always a silver lining to every problem!"
  • Jane-Elise Palbrooke (DOTF) / The High-Flyer
    "People keep sayin' they wanna be famous through this or that; I just wanna be successful."
  • Ailwin De Vonte (Hellbent) / The Failure
    "The world was beginning to lose its color... Its flavor... It became so hollow..."
  • "Kreeck" (Fastest) / The Faithful
    "I SPOKE TO THE LORD, AND HE SPOKE TO ME. HE CHANTED, "CHILD, I MUST HAVE AN ARMY. BRING ME AN ARMY." AND LO, I SHALL FULFILL HIS WISHES."
  • "Maroon" (ROGUE - Coming Soonish!) / The Beneficial
    "Oh darling, I'm making bank the best way I know how!"
  • Acaylah Jaisuke "AJ" Hawke (DEAD-END - Coming Soonish!) / The Wandering Bard
    "Sometimes, you gotta pave a new road to drive on."

Return to “Sandbox & Memories”