SOTF PLAYS: Baldur's Gate 3

where you pick my characters

This board exists to allow discussion of topics which do not pertain directly to Mini but are of interest to the community. This is the place to share musings on media, to introduce yourself, to hang out, etc. This board is visible only to registered and logged-in members for privacy reasons.
Lilith

SOTF PLAYS: Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Lilith »

Hello, welcome to BALDUR'S GATE THREE

I will be streaming BALDUR'S GATE THREE which is a roleplaying game on the computer and consoles where you play as SOMEONE who does THINGS. I seriously don't know how to explain it in the nicest way possible, but it's game for nerds.

"Baldur's Gate III takes place in the fictional world of the Forgotten Realms during the year of 1492 DR, over 120 years after the events of the previous game, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, and months after the events of the playable Dungeons & Dragons 5e module, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. The story is set primarily in the Sword Coast in western Faerûn, encompassing a forested area that includes the Emerald Grove, a druid grove dedicated to the deity Silvanus; Moonrise Towers and the Shadow-Cursed Lands, which are covered by an unnatural and sentient darkness that can only be penetrated through magical means; and Baldur's Gate, the largest and most affluent city in the region, as well as its outlying suburb of Rivington. Other places the player will pass through include the Underdark, the Astral Plane and Avernus.

The player character can either be created from scratch by the player, chosen from six pre-made "origin characters", or a customizable seventh origin character known as the Dark Urge. All six pre-made origin characters can be recruited as part of the player character's party. They include Lae'zel, a githyanki fighter; Shadowheart, a half-elf cleric; Astarion, a high elf vampire rogue; Gale, a human wizard; Wyll, a human warlock; and Karlach, a tiefling barbarian. Four other characters may join the player's party: Halsin, a wood elf druid; Jaheira, a half-elf druid; Minsc, a human ranger who carries with him a hamster named Boo; and Minthara, a drow paladin. Jaheira and Minsc previously appeared in both Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. "

so cool! right?

Anyways, so for making our cool character, let's look at our options for character creation:

Here are the 12 classes of Baldur's Gate 3. They each have their ups and downs. Which each comes with different sets of subclasses. We'll pick the subclasses when we get there on stream!

And here are the races:

The classes matter a lot more to gameplay than the races, but races are integral part of the roleplaying experiences. People are really fucking weird toward drows, and really boring toward humans. You get the vibes, sister. You do pick the subraces here!

And finally, we get backgrounds:

There is an additional called the Haunted One. You can also pick from it! They help with rolls and roleplaying, and the Haunted One background grants you a variety of different paths, but each of them have their own shenanigans!
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Race Poll (Subraceswill be picked on stream)

https://poll-maker.com/poll4963721x32D50a6E-152

Class Poll (Subclasses will be picked on stream when they appear)

https://poll-maker.com/Q3XSD6YN8

Background Poll

https://poll-maker.com/poll4963725x094e2D0c-152
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Trigger Warnings:

There are repeated themes of abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, etc) throughout the games where the playable character may be part of. Each Origins characters have their set of traumas which are discussed about ranging from mutilation, parental abandonment, etc.

The overarching plot of the game involves brain worms and mind control. It also involves a race of beings which are trying to mind control the entirety of the world.

There are sex scenes and nudity. They will be broadcasted in the Trading Card Zone, but I might forget, so I'm toggling the no-nudity filter and no sex scenes filter. If I remember a scene is coming up, I'll swap. If I don't, hit me up.

In certain routes, the main characters may:
1. Kill animals
2. Torture civilians
3. Kill children
4. Mutilate people

If this is something you don't want to see, I will inform you if that is the path that will be taken at the beginning of the game. It will be known.

Return to “General Discussion”