Meal Ready to Eat

17:00 Day 1, open to all (monsters included)

Located on the southern edge of the town, this building is considerably more inviting than the surrounding dormitories, with colorful murals adorning the brick facade and welcoming lobby. The island’s only school was also the meeting house of the small but active Komsomol, or Communist Youth group. Two stories tall, it features four classrooms, a small auditorium, and a set of offices, with an intersection of hallways splitting the various rooms down the axises of the building and a single flight of stairs in the middle, pivoting ninety degrees to reach the second floor and creating a blind spot whether ascending or descending. The auditorium seems to have been largely used as a music room, with old instruments set against the wall beside a piano. The desks in the classrooms remain where one might expect them to be, and the cold has largely left most of the learning materials intact.

Moderator: SOTF U Staff

Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Oh? Oh neat, yeah, I know the ones you mean. They really, um... Make things convenient, yeah"

Darren clears his throat, before extending his hand to shake Catarina's. "Nice to meet you!" he says with a weak smile, turning the camera back to Jarret as his friend says their piece, nodding in agreement before turning back to Catarina. "We did bump into some... Uh, interesting characters earlier, but otherwise I haven't seen many people about."

He glances back down at the camera. "And, um, I hope you don't mind the..." he continues, giving the camera a couple taps with two fingers. "I know this might sound silly, but I'm hoping to document what's been going on here. Try to blow the cover off this whole thing, show the world what Janus-Hayes are up to."

He bites his lip and glances downwards. "I mean... I still haven't figured out how I'm going to get this footage off the island... Or the rest of us, for that matter... B-but I'm sure I'll figure something out! Very least, it's... Well, it's something to keep me busy, I suppose. Something tangible I can focus on, y'know?"

Darren pauses, unsure if he was still talking to Catarina at that point. He sighs and looks back up at her. "But, anyway, I was just about to have a..." he continues, before clicking his fingers. "Oh, damn, I left my pizza slice... Probably gone cold by now" he huffs, now feeling relaxed enough to get mildly annoyed over relative mundanities.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Catarina had never listened to the university radio, let alone at midnight. She'd also never given any thought to the university's film class, as she was certain beyond a shadow of doubt's doubt, that the next Martin Scorsese was not going to be born in a university backed by a big science organization, so she didn't really know who they were kidding by even existing as a class.

She also didn't know who Darren was kidding by pretending he could get footage of what was happening off the island. Catarina hadn't reached the point of hopelessness yet, but she was still on the cusp of realism. She knew what she knew, and what she knew was real - they were being watched by mad scientists, like she was in one of the James Bond movies or something, so chances were they thought of that. Then again, if they were really like the mad scientists she'd watched in James Bond movies, maybe they had a fatal flaw they could take advantage of, something that would let her get the upper hand and rescue them all. Catarina didn't fancy herself a superhero, but maybe if the situation was right she could make it work.

But as she looked down at the camera, and at the other person's stash of drugs, she felt something slide softly into place, clicking up an expression she hadn't thought about before. She took pause, before closing her eyes slightly longer than normal.

Cope.

Normality.

Keep me busy.

She opened them again, and nodded at the two boys from the same class.

"Whatever you boys want to do, is fine by me. As long as I can get my 'me' time."

((Catarina Markovitz continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Jarrett sighed, relieved. No recognition on Catarina's part meant no awkward DJ/Listener conversation. She seemed more relieved to have found clearly not insane people than anything. Darren's mission, Jarrett's lack thereof, Catarina's not-being-a-psychopath—all were good signs for their prospects as a team, going forward. Though it was sort of unclear what exactly she meant by "me-time"—what did she expect, that they'd be hounding her to spend time together or something? If she was going to be put off by the weed, then Jarrett would need some free time of their own.

Speaking of,

"That's good," Jarrett said, "now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to, uh, fumar."

They walked around Catarina, giving her a wide berth, and walked over to the room where they'd left their bags, their half-eaten M.R.E, and their weed.

[Jarrett Bergman continue elsetimeandplace.]
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Darren nods his head. "Yeah-yeah, of course..." he replies with a nervous laugh, turning and nodding to Jarret before following his friend out of the classroom. He briefly stops just outside the doorway, turning back to Catarina and naturally pointing the camera towards her as he did so. "Oh, uh, if you ever... Like, need anything, we'll just be um..." he continues, vaguely mimicking the act of smoking, before shrugging and heading away.

Before joining up with Jarret for a toke or two, he stops by the classroom where he left his dinner, picking up the pizza slice and turning the camera back to capture the moment. He chomps down, chews away for a bit as he ponders, before shrugging. "HMMmmmm... Could be worse" he says with a shrug, before turning the camera off.

((Darren Decker continued elsewhere...))
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010

Return to “The School [DANGER ZONE]”