Q&A

Discussion, planning, and so on regarding the New Battle Royale AU may be conducted here. Please remember that private threads are forbidden in this version, so don't go too wild with heavy planning!

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

MostlyHarmfulll wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:45 pm
MurderWeasel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:40 am
MostlyHarmfulll wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:53 pm Seeing how we are going by the novel, does that mean the game takes place 50 times per year?
It's a regular occurrence but not necessarily that regular—gonna consult on this one and get back to you.
I would like to ping this question because I have the feeling it got forgotten. At least I don't remember getting another answer.

While it is not exactly urgent, some plans I have for my kids might be influenced by how regular the game is. So a definite answer would be cool.
Digging into it, it's implied that the fifty number includes the entire Republic Of Greater East Asia (which includes a nebulous but large amount of territory). Also of potential use: the Program is pretty spread out and doesn't happen on a local level even annually—when Shuya first hears about it in the novel, at age five, it's stated that it has been three years since a Program was conducted in the prefecture. So it's probably a known quantity but not omnipresent or super large in folks' lives.

Also of note: the Program always pulls from the same age bracket, so final year students with our age adjustment in place.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “BRAU2 Discussion”