Valley of the Dolls

I don't need staff permission to post in the Banquet Hall, I _am_ the staff

The banquet hall of the cruise ship is a grand room with rows of tables and chairs laid out for fine dining. The linens are spotless, each place set according to etiquette manuals with silverware and china plates (though these are not so expensive as they seem at a glance) and chandeliers hang from the ceiling, providing illumination to the chamber. Off to one side is a serving station, though sharp knives and the fuel for the Bunsen burners has been removed. Opposite this is a small stage, with music stands and seats, though the only instrument present is a piano. The banquet hall opens to the deck and pool, and also connects to the corridors.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—I mean, kid, I don't know what to tell you. You ever hear that old Kenny Rogers song? 'Every gambler knows that the secret to survivin' is knowing what to throw away and knowing what to keep.' Right now, I don't know that you know a thing—
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—which really shouldn't be a surprise. After all, in the absence of traditional social structures, it's only natural to recreate facsimiles thereof. You had a doubly-strong helping, in that your chosen surrogate family was, by the end of things, also pared down to a Venn diagram completely overlapping your artificially-designated alliance. In a way, you went from having everything, or everything that you could still have, to nothing, in one fell swoop—
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—which is just how the story's supposed to go, isn't it, Verity? Come, come, don't deny it. The secret to narrative success is struggle. Nobody wants a winner who coasted through it all, and what better way to prove your worth? Burn fast, burn bright? Verity, you're still burning. Take a breath. You may have lost some depth perception, but—
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—when Odin lost an eye, it was in exchange for wisdom and the ability to perceive worlds beyond ours. It's not so bad—
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—I mean, um, I mean, uh, okay, not gonna lie to you, it actually is looking pretty bad from here, but, you know, I mean, what do I know? I'm not even supposed to be here, man. I won a drawing with a can of Coke. Don't ask me, because I don't know shit."
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

"H-
Wham Yubeesling

"-
Wham Yubeesling

"

((Verity Stewart, continued In Another Life))

Return to “Cruise Ship: Banquet Hall”