My Life is Going On

Private

A large, flat portion of sandy desert terrain north of The Compound and the old road leading to it. The Flatlands are covered in densely packed, low-lying brush and patches of grass, giving anyone within it plenty of places to hide, but very little cover from attack.

THREAD LIMIT: 3

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Laurels

My Life is Going On

Post by Laurels »

((Selene Flores continued from Bella Ciao))

Selene had made her way out of the compound. She had managed to evade any person over the evening, which allowed her to at least get a few hours of sleep. Of course, that was ruined by the announcement waking her up. To her non-surprise, people had actually died. The no-death announcement clearly pushed people to start playing. Selene had listened carefully. Claudia and Anatoly hadn't been named, but the bug girl had apparently killed one of the boys from yesterday. That made Selene glad she had run off. It got her extra supplies and a night away from the madness.

Now that it was day, Selene had decided to move out of the compound. Now that it was day, people were probably going to try and move inside to get out of the heat. Selene figured it'd be better to get out of the compound and see if she could avoid another day at the perimeter. She was sure she could avoid the Roughlands so that her head wouldn't blow up.

With that, Selene had began to walk into the flatlands. She looked at the most interesting part of the vista and decided to start walking until she reached something.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

((Anatoly Orlovsky continued from And If They Get Me and the Sun Goes Down))

A new sound. A pitter patter through the sands and dry grass. It sounded human. His eyes shot open and he peered through the foliage at the approaching figure. Anatoly needed a savior. He smiled when he saw it was Selene.

Anatoly rose to his feet, pushing away the shrubbery he'd been sitting in. His coordination was a bit off- his body lagged behind his thoughts, causing Anatoly to nearly trip as he stumbled out into the open. Spreading his arms out for balance, Anatoly managed to stand steady before he embarrassed himself.

"Selene! Thank God you're here." he said hoarsely. He briskly walked towards her while his head snapped back and forth, looking over their surroundings.

"Y-you lost Claudia, too?" he asked, awkwardly wringing his hands. He'd been hoping to run into Claudia. Selene was good too, of course. But, she'd never really been... entirely as helpful as Claudia. Anatoly looked Selene up and down, trying to hide his worry with a bright smile.

"I, uh, haha... I need your help."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Selene froze when she heard someone call out. It was Anatoly. The vampire boy had somehow found her. While Selene could be somewhat relieved he hadn't died, it was a bit disheartening to know he was the person to find her. After all, she had seen what he had done to Claudia with a little bit of blood. She wasn't prepared to be his Tom Hardy bloodbag.

Still, Selene could at least play dumb or see if he needed something else first.

"Uh, sure. You need water or directions or something?" she asked.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

"Hahaha." Anatoly laughed. He assumed she was joking. "Haha. Funny."

He took another few steps towards Selene. He swayed back and forth as he approached, smile plastered over his face. In truth, Anatoly wasn't in the mood for jokes right now. But he was going to be as polite as he could be. He absentminded tapped his hand against his leg, working off some of the nervous energy coursing through him.

"You know I... are you gonna make me say it? Haha. It's embarrassing." His eyes darted around her face. Her mouth, her forehead, her neck. Everywhere except for her eyes. "I'm in bad shape. It's been- it's been almost a day now, y'know."

Anatoly took a deep breath, and looked up at the sky.

"Blood."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Yeah, there it was. Anatoly was low on blood and he was already getting a bit creepy about it. Selene knew this was a bad idea. Sticking around this guy would probably result in her getting sucked dry until she looked like a deflated balloon. Anatoly's attitude was already suggesting that he was willing to take as much as needed.

Still, Selene did have some advantages. They were out in the open, so she could keep some distance from him. Plus, if he really was going to get weaker the longer he went without blood, then maybe all she had to do was stall.

"Okay, blood," she said. "Yeah, that makes sense."

Selene glanced around. She kicked a bit of dirt up, trying to look a bit casual, while making it look like she wasn't threatening.

"I guess we should maybe get out of the open," she said. "You know, do a transfusion in a less exposed place."

She quickly glanced around.

"Do you think it'd be faster to get back to the compound or to the rocks?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

"Huh?"

Anatoly had a brief flash of annoyance, which he quickly suppressed. He rubbed the back of his head, looking around the flat desert that surrounded them. What was Selene afraid of? There was nobody around.

"The rocks are a danger zone, remember?" he said, trying to still sound jovial. "And the compound has bug monster Isabella... I'm sure you remember that."

A few steps closer. Almost close enough to reach out. He started fiddling with his hands again. His heart started beating faster and faster. Anatoly was really feeling it now. So close.

"W-we can go behind a shrub, if you're concerned. But I don't think we have anything to worry about. It's just the two of us."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, I haven't forgotten about either of those," Selene said, admittedly having forgotten about the rocks. "But if we go to the rocks, we'll at least know where the limit is to avoid the Danger Zone. As for bug girl..."

Anatoly had gotten a bit closer to her after talking. Boy was looking way worse than before, so Selene slowly inched back a bit.

"...she could have moved on. Not like she can be in every room either."

Selene continued to look around. She had to keep stalling.

"Besides," she said, brushing some hair back, "if we get to a safer place, we can at least talk about stocking up. I've almost emptied a bottle, so maybe we could store some extra and..."

A thought came to her.

"Hey, out of curiosity, you can't subsist on your own blood?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

At first, all Anatoly felt was confusion. Then, as he slowly realized what was happening, that turned to anger. Then, fear. He started shivering, hugging him while glaring at Selene.

"My own blood? My own blood? What do you think?" he snapped "Oh, I've never thought of that before! You're so much smarter than me and all my doctors!"

Of course, he'd tasted his own blood before. Who hadn't? Every kid had sucked on their own blood after getting a cut on their finger, or biting the inside of their mouth. It didn't work. It just tasted like pennies. Whatever shitty god or force of the universe that had given him his Gift would never had made it so easy.

"You're stalling..." he said glumly. "I can tell. I'm not that stupid."

Selene had always had that look in that eye. That disgust. Even if she hid it as best as she could, it was still there. Anatoly had tried to ignore it the previous day. But now, he was desperate. Selene and Selene alone held his life in her hands. And she was gonna just throw it away? Whatever happened to their alliance, their contract of mutual protection? Had he just imagined that?

"S-Selene." he croaked. "I don't have much time left. I need it. I need you, now."

The pit inside Anatoly's chest was growing bigger and bigger. Something within him stirred, shouted at him from deep within the dark recesses of his mind.

Wouldn't it be so much easier if he just accepted himself? Like Isabella.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Okay, Anatoly was starting to get hangry for blood, and Selene knew she had fucked around enough. She needed to placate him enough that she could get away without issues.

"Alright, alright, calm down," she said. "I was genuinely curious. Sorry, I'm a bit squeamish around blood. Let's not get into the trauma that caused it."

Selene wasn't being totally honest. She didn't like seeing blood, but she wasn't going to get sick or pass out if she saw it.

"But look, okay, I'll give you blood. Let's just get out of the sun."

Selene began to take her jacket off.

"Here," she said, moving closer to him. "Maybe you'll conserve some energy if covered. We can go hide in the brush or whatever and get this over with."

Selene held the jacket out and moved to throw it over his head. She hoped this would work enough to give her some advantage over him until she could get away.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Anatoly stood, shaked, hugged himself tightly. Selene's new set of placations bounced off of him. He didn't believe anything she said anymore. She was just going to lead him in circles until he was good and dead. Why was she doing this to him? He didn't even need that much! It would help him more than it helped her. Anatoly didn't deserve this.

Then Selene threw her jacket over him and came closer. So close he could feel her breath. His thoughts faded into fuzz. Anatoly's heart felt like it would burst out of his chest. His face flushed as he looked down, down past her face to her exposed neck. It was so close, too close.

"I'm gonna die." Anatoly mumbled. Or he tried to. The words came out slurred. His throat felt very, very dry. He thought he could smell something. The wonderful scent of pulsing life. He could almost taste it...

His adrenaline surged like lightning through his body. With a new found strength, Anatoly's arms shot out and gripped onto Selene's arm's, holding on for dear life. He bent down to the bare skin of her neck and enveloped it in his mouth. He clamped down on the skin with all the force he had in him. With effort, his teeth broke through the outer layer and he slowly pushed them deeper and deeper. It was a slow and painful process, but with effort, he reached his treasure. As soon as Anatoly felt the hot liquid on his tongue, he began wildly lapping it up.

All of his pain and desperation fell away. For one brief second, Anatoly stood in the depths of a valley. He felt fear- not of death, but of himself. That feeling went away as fast as it had appeared.

Then, Anatoly only felt the light
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Selene heard Anatoly mutter something, but she couldn't make out what it was. Before she could do anything, the boy suddenly reached out and grabbed her.

"Hey, what the-AAAAAGH!"

Before Selene knew it, Anatoly was chomping down on her neck. She could feel his teeth break her skin and her neck suddenly warm with her blood. She began to grab onto him, activating her gift. She couldn't use her gift on living beings, as much as she wanted to bury this fucker right then and there, but she used it on whatever she could touch. Something to give her a moment to run away from this vampire.

When she finally felt the release from his grip, she fell back and onto the ground. She could see Anatoly was now missing his hoodie, which appeared to be the thing she used her power on. The hoodie was probably far beneath the earth now. But that didn't mean much. There was still a hole in Selene's neck and the boy had lapped up her blood.

She knew she should have just run away. She shouldn't have fucked around and tried to be a good person. She was a selfish bitch, and she should have used that as her main advantage since her gift wouldn't save her. Anatoly could have died alone in the desert, and she could have prolonged her own doom.

Instead, she quickly bled out on the desert ground, staring up at the sky and at the boy with her blood all around his mouth, looking stronger and more powerful now that his thirst had been quenched.

Selene hoped her blood gave him a stomachache.

S016 SELENE FLORES:
DECEASED
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Anatoly lost himself in the pleasure. Finally, after the last day of fear, hunger, and struggle, Anatoly was whole again. He'd needed this very much. And he deserved it, didn't he? The tension building in his muscles faded away entirely. The hole within himself was filled. His mind reached a state of pure bliss.

He'd done it. He'd finally- what had he done? He'd found it. Found sustenance. By himself? No, no. Selene had helped. Selene-

Anatoly's eyes jolted open and he tore himself away. She fell to the ground, blood flowing from her mangled throat. Her head turned, just a bit, and her eyes bore into him. He stared back at her. The energy of the blood rush was coursing through him, but Anatoly stood deadly still. It raged through him, throwing itself around his body, rattling his bones and screaming into his mind. Then she closed her eyes and her head lolled to the side.

Anatoly burst forward like a rocket. Within seconds he was on the ground, pressing a bundle of bandages to Selene's neck. He had to stop the bleeding. He'd bandage her up, carry her somewhere safe, and leave before she woke up. That was a good plan, right? She didn't have to forgive him. He wouldn't, if he were her. But if they never met again, it would be fine. For the best. As long as they both lived.

The blood wasn't stopping. The bandages soaked through with red. He checked for a pulse, for any signs of life. There weren't any. He kept trying for five more minutes after that.

He couldn't take it anymore. Anatoly threw the bloody bandages to the ground and started pacing. He walked in circles around the body, around and around and around. This was so, so, so bad. Even as the blood rush dulled his negative feelings, he couldn't suppress the guilt, the anxiety, the fear. We wished he could go ten minutes back in time. Just ten minutes. He'd go back to being weak and in pain, but he didn't care. This was the worst thing he'd ever done, by a lot. Selene had family, and friends, probably. Even if she was gonna let him die, she deserved to live more than Anatoly. She wasn't a monster, a danger to everyone around.

His eyes were watering. Anatoly snorted, snot dripping out of his nose. He tried to wipe it on his hoodie sleeve, but he wasn't wearing his hoodie. He didn't remember taking it off. He looked around for it, then smacked himself on the forehead. Stupid! That wasn't important right now, Anatoly! A girl was dead. He'd killed her. What was he supposed to do now?

Anatoly bent down and picked up Selene's limp body. The blood was still flowing. Still warm. Looking down at it, Anatoly gulped. Then, at a speed only possible for a monster, he ran into the desert.

((Anatoly Orlovsky continued in And When You Go, Don't Return to Me, My Love))

Return to “The Flatlands (Danger Zone)”