Galloping Manic to the Mouth of the Source

An old, decaying, unmarked asphalt road running directly to The Compound and marking the divide between The Flatlands and The Roughlands. The road shows clear signs of complete, decades-long disuse and lack of maintenance, with much of it broken apart and covered up by sand and new vegetation.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Brackie

Galloping Manic to the Mouth of the Source

Post by Brackie »

((Kennedy Jackson continued from Play Dead))

Kennedy had always known she was a loser, but she hadn't really grasped how much of one she was until she decided that the best course of action was to, oh, I don't know, go check for herself that she really was trapped?

Because instead of safe inside the main building, where she could hide and stay out of the sun, her pale blob of a person was now out by the exterior fence. She could have just trusted them when they said they were stuck. They'd already killed people. Because yeah, classmates were dead, weren't they? It sounded sociopathic, but she'd never even spoken to any of them before so she hadn't really processed the fact that some of her class were gone before this started, so the situation really didn't matter.

So she stood there, hoodie over her head, staring at the rope. Staring at the signs.

Kennedy didn't know whether they were real or not. She wasn't a scientist, or an engineer or whatever-the-fuck, but she didn't know what technology would blow something up if it left a certain area. She'd seen a movie about that once, yeah, but that was a movie. Those weren't real, especially when they started really hot people performing bank heists and showing off their tits for no reason other than her-the audience's titilation. So in theory, she could just walk through the ropes of the fence and start running.

But what if she was wrong, is the thing? If she was wrong, she'd be dead. But if she was right, she could go and help people. Keep running until she found a road, keep following that road until she found a car, or a person, and try and remember where she was. She could save people. She could save lives. Maybe if she did that, people would remember who she was. Maybe she'd have friends at the end of school.

And if she was wrong, her neck would explode and she'd die in the middle of the desert and nobody would remember her or even find her body.

She stepped closer. She could see the fibres of the rope. She watched them electrify through the white of her eye. She wanted to reach out and feel it, and yet all she could think of was the terrorists and their threats. So Kennedy stepped backwards, and as she did so, she felt her lungs shrink.

Kennedy kept walking backwards, and for every step she took, she felt her head get lighter and her chest tighter. Once she could no longer read the signs, her lungs were trying to press their way through her throat. At some point, her feet had strayed from the road, and she was somewhere else, but anyone near could hear the gutteral sounds eminating from the pudgy girl's mouth.

((Kennedy Jackson continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “The Old Road (Danger Zone)”