Tamara "Toma" Jeung

think twice? bestie I don't even think once

The profiles of characters approved for the version are found within.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Kotorikun

Tamara "Toma" Jeung

Post by Kotorikun »

Name: Tamara “Toma” Jeung
Grade: Senior
Hobbies and Interests: Piano, weightlifting, shoujo manga

Gift: Panthera Tigris Physiology
Power Details: Toma shares some physical and physiological traits with tigers. While looking mostly human, he has a pair of tiger ears, a tail, sharper canines, and stronger muscles. His eyesight is exceptionally good and is adapted for nighttime conditions, allowing him to see easier in the dark compared to others. His hearing or sense of smell is not significantly better than average.
Limitations and Drawbacks: Toma’s eyes are extremely sensitive to bright light. He is often tired and sluggish during the day and needs more sleep than the average person, which is why he usually takes short naps throughout those hours. On free days, he takes longer naps to stay up longer at night. He lives on a highly carnivorous diet and is lactose-intolerant.

Appearance: Toma stands at 6’2” and weighs around 190 lbs. He has a slightly tanned skin tone and a strong build. His hair is dark and short, often worn in a rugged style. He has small hazel eyes, an average-sized nose, thin lips, and two beauty marks on the left side of his neck. Furthermore, he possesses traits of a tiger humanoid, which are a pair of feline ears and a tail, some small patches that might resemble fur that never really developed or higher-than-average body hair that he keeps removing, and random faint black stripes on his skin in various places.

In terms of clothing, Toma keeps it simple and casual-sporty. He prefers to keep his feline ears hidden under a dark grey cap that he is rarely seen without, which also provides a comfortable shade for his sensitive eyes. His everyday wear typically consists of simple-colored shirts, hoodies, and light jackets, paired with dark jeans or sweatpants and trainers. On the day of abduction, he was wearing his usual cap, a white t-shirt under a dark orange hoodie and a light black jacket, dark sweatpants, and black and white trainers. The jacket has a chest pocket on each side adorned with a metal ring and a cut white stripe on the right side.

Background:
  • Toma was born in Bend, Oregon to Yulia Jeung and Elijah Jeung. He has no siblings.
  • His parents are aware that his name is unusual for a boy, but they fell in love with it during the pregnancy while unaware of the sex of the baby since they wanted to keep it a surprise. They were too used to it by the point Toma was born and made sure to at least use a more male-sounding nickname.
  • Toma has experienced a fair share of positive and negative comments about his gift and he tries to pay them no mind, not really getting the fuss about it most of the time.
  • Toma started playing the piano at a young age at his parents’ wish who kept pushing him to continue. Back then he wasn’t too fond of it but genuinely enjoys it now when he plays in private.
  • Toma enjoys reading manga in general, especially the shoujo genre in particular since it helps him wind down. He prefers to keep this to himself.
  • Toma has average grades, enough to follow along but never overachieving. He isn’t particularly interested in climbing the academic ladder.
  • Toma had picked up weightlifting to keep himself active. It was the easiest activity to get into thanks to his natural strength.
  • Toma has a decent amount of friends in school, most of them being into sports.
  • Toma has no solid plans for the future but sees himself potentially becoming a personal trainer.
Personality: Toma is an outgoing individual and feels confident to speak his mind. Despite appearing menacing at times when he has his quiet brooding moments, Toma is a kind soul at heart. He is not the most intelligent person, but can put in more effort when asked of him.

Other Skills: None
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

Hey, Kotori! I'll be looking at Toma today, and since we're kind of on a time crunch let's get right into it. Right now he's DENIED; his concept needs to be adjusted due to fundamentally clashing with the lore of Supers, so we might need to get through at least 2 cycles before I can let him in, but that's honestly the only thing I really have to hold you back for.

One thing first, I checked around Google but I can't find the given name "Tamara" being used for guys in any context or language origin I can think to look into. I don't particularly care if you wanna run with it or not especially since he goes by "Toma" anyway but I'd like to ask you to make a note on why his parents gave him this name since it seems like something that would be considered unusual to use for a boy.

And now the biggest hurdle. In the setting for Supers, Gifts are unique for each individual. Even if someone acquires traits like being an animal hybrid, those effects would not pass down to their children. So, unfortunately, you'll have to make a Sophie's choice: Toma's Gift can be the shadow power (with some expanding on but I'll save that for the next round if you choose this route) but you'd have to discard the tiger traits stuff, or his Gift can be the tiger traits he has (or expanded on if you wish) and he can be a lovable cat himbo (with his mom also needing to have a different Gift but you don't have to specify what it is in the profile).

Other than that I just have one grammatical thing that stuck out to me in this pass:
Toma enjoys reading manga in general, especially the shoujo genre in particular since it helps him wind down. He prefers to keep this to himself.
And that's all I've got for now! I like Toma and want to see him in the game, so once you've made these adjustments post a reply in this topic and I'll give him another look. Don't be afraid to send me a question either on the boards or on Discord if you have any.
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

[+] Edited
  • whole new gift section
  • Appearance: Toma stands at 6’2” and weighs around 190 lbs. He has a slightly tanned skin tone and a strong build. His hair is dark and short, often worn in a rugged style. He has small hazel eyes, an average-sized nose, thin lips, and two beauty marks on the left side of his neck. Furthermore, he possesses traits of a tiger humanoid, which are a pair of feline ears and a tail, some small patches that might resemble fur that never really developed or higher-than-average body hair that he keeps removing, and random faint black stripes on his skin in various places.

In terms of clothing, Toma keeps it simple and casual-sporty. He prefers to keep his feline ears hidden under a dark grey cap that he is rarely seen without, which also provides a comfortable shade for his sensitive eyes. His everyday wear typically consists of simple-colored shirts, hoodies, and light jackets, paired with dark jeans or sweatpants and trainers. On the day of abduction, he was wearing his usual cap, a white t-shirt under a dark orange hoodie and a light black jacket, dark sweatpants, and black and white trainers. The jacket has a chest pocket on each side adorned with a metal ring and a cut white stripe on the right side.
  • Background:
    • Toma was born in Bend, Oregon to Yulia Jeung and Elijah Jeung. He has no siblings.
    • His parents are aware that his name is unusual for a boy, but they fell in love with it during the pregnancy while unaware of the sex of the baby since they wanted to keep it a surprise. They were too used to it by the point Toma was born and made sure to at least use a more male-sounding nickname.
    • Toma has had experienced a fair share of positive and negative comments about his gift and he tries to pay them no mind, not really getting the fuss about it most of the time.
    • Toma started playing the piano at a young age at his parents’ wish who kept pushing him to continue. Back then he wasn’t too fond of it but genuinely enjoys it now when he plays in private.
    • Toma enjoys reading manga in general, especially the shoujo genre in particular since it helps him wind down. He prefers to keep this to himself.
    • Toma has average grades, enough to follow along but never overachieving. He isn’t particularly interested in climbing the academic ladder.
    • Toma had picked up weightlifting to keep himself active. It was the easiest activity to get into thanks to his natural strength.
      (...)
[+] Supers
Toma Jeung is snoozing in the sun forever
[+] Intl
ImageHarun Tee will yeet you ten feet into the air
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Awesome, now we're cooking. I have a few more questions to expand on and then we should be good to go.
Gift: Panthera Tigris Physologia
- I like and get the vibe you're going for with Toma's Gift name, but I can't find "Physologia" as a normal term used through Google so I'd like to ask you to change it to just "Physiology" in case people think it's a mistake on first glance.
His eyesight is exceptionally good and he has an easy time adapting to dark environments, especially nighttime conditions, given heightened senses to compensate for the absence of light.
- This sentence is a little awkward so I would recommend rewriting it like maybe so:
His eyesight is exceptionally good and is adapted for nighttime conditions, allowing him to see easier in the dark compared to others.
- Does Toma also have any sort of dietary restrictions, such as needing to eat significantly more protein or being a strict carnivore? Is his hearing or sense of smell also significantly affected?

One other grammatical thing on this pass, too:
Toma has experienced a fair share of positive and negative comments about his gift and he tries to pay them no mind, not really getting the fuss about it most of the time.
That's all. Hit these and I'll give him a look again!
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Edited 🐯
[+] Supers
Toma Jeung is snoozing in the sun forever
[+] Intl
ImageHarun Tee will yeet you ten feet into the air
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

All right, looks good. Make sure to post in the roll call thread, and as soon as you do that Toma will be rostered and then you can start posting. Welcome to SOTF Supers!

APPROVED

Return to “SOTF: Supers Approved Characters”