SotF-TV: Announcement 5 Mentor Advice

Announcements for the first version of TV are stored here.
T-Fox*

SotF-TV: Announcement 5 Mentor Advice

Post by T-Fox* »

Alright, so here's the deal folks! The mentor advice has been given, and most of you have probably seen it. For those of you who haven't, the staff team will interject into a topic and choose a collar to speak from, informing either just the individual or his entire group of their chosen words. However, we will be compiling it all here for those of you who haven't been keeping up.

Just a note. If your character is not listed next to a piece of advice, then your character did not hear that advice. If your team's advice isn't up here, it will be eventually. That just means your mentor's advice hasn't been given yet.

*If the message was noted to be given quietly it means only the receiver has heard the message.

---
Announcement 1
WHITE TEAM: Heard by Kevin Fielding and Mason Ross - "Oh, you two are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work, and find your fellows and you'll be sure to make yourselves the main players in this tale with ease!"

BROWN TEAM: Heard by Marion Clayton - "This isn't sustainable. This loose... 'alliance'... it's not going to work. Keep that in mind. Wait for your moment. It'll come."

GREY TEAM: Heard by Devonte Washington - "Devonte, you pay close attention, and you win big. I'm Martin Winchester, Win is literally in my name. You've got buddies, that's good. Stick with them until I tell you otherwise. Don't go after better armed opponents, run. My calculations suggest you've got a 80% chance of death if you attack, but that drops drastically to about 17% if you run, depending on the scenario, of course. Keep it up!"

PURPLE TEAM: Heard by Sterling Odair and Amber Lyons - "Less fucking, more playing. Keep it in your damn pants and maybe watch your fucking backs for once? Wanna wind up like Anthony? Thought not. Wanna argue? I won this game. Fuck you. You have a godsend of a mentor, and he's telling you to wise up."

GREEN TEAM: Heard by Chelsea Roberts, Odile Jones, David Myrez, Sidney Rice AND Alexis Allwell - "You! Yes, you! There are no 'team-mates' in this, just fellow victims! Stop thinking about this in terms of opponents and allies this very second! You're all in this together! Fight against it!"

ORANGE TEAM: Heard by Ferric Tam, Brennan O'Brien, Cesar Perdomo, and Bobby Goldman - "Mr. Tam. How are you coping? You do of course remember Dr. Smith? I'm counting on you to lead your comrades to victory. You are my team leader, don't tolerate any kind of dissent. None. I will guide you as much as I'm able to."

BLACK TEAM: Heard by Harold Smythe and Mariva Jones - "Listen up kid, this is Pete Finch, the Pete Finch, and I've got some prize-winning advice for you. Look, Harold - I can call you Harold, right? You need to focus on the big score. Stop wasting effort on the small fry! Keep picking fights kid, and you're going to get burned. Finch out."

PINK TEAM: Heard by Glen Bole and Suzanne Lanford - "I uh... I think you need to calm down a bit Glen. Like... uh, take it a little easier, you know? Um... Good luck!"

TEAM 13: Heard by Zachariah Jonston - "You're the third wheel. They'll discard you, soon enough. You deserve better than them. Strike out on your own."

GOLD TEAM: Heard by Alicia White - "Hey chica. I'm Drake, you and I are gonna become very close friends over the next few days. I'd put evens on that. Alicia you need to relax a bit. Slow down, stop trying to call the bluff when you aren't holding too many cards. Bide your time, build your deck up. The ace up your sleeve is staying alive. Priority one, alright? Don't pick fights."

YELLOW TEAM: Heard by Sidney Rice - "Say, Sydney, since you seem to be getting quite your share of camera time in that outfit, I don't suppose you could talk about how much you wish you had your VerizonTM cell phone, could you? You know, just throw it in here and there? I'd really appreciate it."

RED TEAM: Heard by Jhamel Thompson and Jeanette Buendia - "Listen up, kids. You've got it pretty rough here, but if you work together you can make it out of this in one piece. You need discipline, planning, and action. I hope you'll take that into account. Also, remember, alliances of convenience are fine, but at the end of the day you have to look out for your own above all else."

BLUE TEAM: Heard by Jazmine Johnson - "My dear, there is no such thing as a wasted bullet in this game. If you are going to play, then play for keeps, but please do not spend time trying to be some sort of 'badass'. This will be much more amusing for me if my team is not eliminated so soon."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cake

Post by Cake »

Second Announcement (Post will be edited as more are added):

GREEN TEAM: Heard by Michael Clark, Alicia White and Mae St. Clair - "Playing? Hahaha! I don't think so! Pay attention young man! I am Susan Crawford: the Green Team mentor! Take a stand, hand in hand against what the creators of this 'game' want you to do. Do not let them win!" [[Time To Pretend.]]

YELLOW TEAM: Heard by Skyler Thsani - "Say, I don't suppose you could say 'I love Verizon,' could you? Ideally right now?" [[Just Pay Separate Processing And Handling]]

PINK TEAM: Heard by Jonas Jeffries and Glen Bole - "Um, hey, guys. You're doing really well, uh, cooperating. Good job. Keep it up. And, uh, please don't really abandon him. Anyways, good luck! ... Oh, uh hello again. I forgot to ask, but um, would one of you boys mind putting on a shirt? People are calling Pink the um, well... 'Gay Team' - err, I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, um, if you are. Uh yeah, that's all. Take care." [[If You Can't Stand The Heat]]

BLACK TEAM: Heard by Natalie Chauncey - "Hey, listen—Natalie, right?—listen, Natalie: our team's in pretty serious trouble. There are only a couple of you left, and, well, okay, I think you're going to be alone here soon. But, hey, just trust me, okay? We'll show them. We know all about comebacks, right? So don't worry. Stick with me, and I'll help you through this. We'll show 'em that we're not has-beens yet." [[Horizon]]

BLUE TEAM: Heard by Anna Hitchins and Axel Stadler - "Ah! Wonderful. It seems some members of my team are finally near each other. You should both help each other survive. That's how we're going to win this, right?" [[Just a Quick Swim]]

GRAY TEAM: Heard by Bobby Goldman- "Bobby, listen. I'm Martin, Martin Winchester, and I'm going to get you through this game. I've seen this before, lots of times, the crying girlfriend, self-defense act. Don't buy it. Girls like her cannot be trusted, you got me? But don't fight back, that's stupid. Use her while you can, but don't let her get the advantage. You can come out on top if you play it right. You can win this whole thing, but you gotta be careful!" [[Peers]]

GOLD TEAM: Heard by Shawn Morrison - "Listen Shawn, I know you think you've got all the cards in your hand, but be careful. You can never tell who's bluffing you in this game. Don't go all in until you're sure you've got the winning hand. You've got to make everyone else fold first, understand?" [[Metanoia]]

RED TEAM: Heard by Daniel Renard - "Good job, Renard. You have him off balance. Use that to your advantage. If you can capitalize on your opportunity here, you'll have a good start on the rest of this." [[Just Pay Separate Processing And Handling]]

WHITE TEAM: Heard by Leopold Sutherland - "Right? Tut tut. You can't possibly hope to be a compelling protagonist if that's all you have to say. Come on. Doesn't it make you angry? Don't tell me you can see something like this and not want to do anything about it." [[Rock Lobster]]

ORANGE TEAM: Heard by Brennan O'Brien - "You really shouldn't have abandoned your leader like that. I mean, Eric is the only thing that was keeping you from becoming a liability to this group. Why, I imagine This boy is likely to kill you as soon as you're out of the others' line of sight. Better to go find Eric again, at least stand a chance, you know?" [[Peers]]

BROWN TEAM: Heard by Brenda Hernandez - "You really shouldn't let your allies wander off alone. Next thing you know, you won't have a team." [[Save Yourself, Serve Yourself]]

TEAM 13: Heard by Simon Porter - "You know how this will end. It's time for you to look out for yourself. She's not harmless. You know this. Go." [[Peers]]

PURPLE TEAM: Heard by Madelyn Connor, Jake Langston, and Mikaela Warner - "It's time for you to stop fucking around with this escape idea. Let me save you all some time with a shocking little revelation: we can hear everything you say. If this is your capacity for thinking things through, just start playing. You'll save time and probably live a bit longer." [[Foreshadowing/Hindsights]]
Cake

Post by Cake »

Third Announcement (Post will be edited as more are added):

ORANGE TEAM: Heard by Vincent Sullivan - "Hello, hm what was his name again? Oh here it is... Vincent. I am Orange Team's mentor, Dr. Smith. Truly sorry about what happened to your partner. She had an adequate plan too. Sad indeed. Not to worry! Your team leader Eric Tam will lead team orange to victory yet! He is at the tar pits. Your other two team mates are somewhere north and south of the island, can't remember exactly where though. Perhaps Eric can lead you to them. He's a very good leader, you know. I taught him myself, in fact."  [[Reflection.]]

RED TEAM: Heard by Mikaela Warner, Jacob Langston, Madelyn Conner - "Mr. Clayton has recommended the best course of action for you all, I suggest you follow it. I am also in favor of a cross team alliance between his purple team and our red team. I suppose you may also keep around the yellow member, for fire power, but I doubt his mentor will be of much assistance." [[Foreshadowing/Hindsights.]]

YELLOW TEAM: Heard by Jacob Langston, Mikaela Warner, Madelyn Conner - "I resent that, Colonel Briggs, with all due respect. I can assure you that I will be of great help. In fact along with Jared's team, everyone on my yellow team is currently alive. I must be doing something right. Jake, say it with me now: Whether it's winning or escape, we'll make it explosively good, just like Verizon service!" [[Foreshadowing/Hindsights.]]

WHITE TEAM: Heard by Renée Carlson, Mason Ross,  Ferric Tam - "Inner turmoil within the white team, between two of it's members? One choosing to be the hero, the other a villain? Sounds like inspiration for my next book! Thank you. Here comes another white teamer. Make this exciting, hero!" [[Finding Purpose.]]

BROWN TEAM: Heard by April Stone - "Not a good idea to just wander off alone like that. You and the other two brown team girls are the last three of the team left. It's best to stick with them. As for the two from red team, use the trust they have in you to get what you want from them. Their weapons for example." [[Follow Me, Don't Follow Me.]]

BLACK TEAM: Heard by Nate Chauncy - "Natalie - I can call you Nate right? Well Nate, listen, you've got the tool, your firearm. A powerful one at that. All those other suckers, would kill to have a weapon like that. I mean that literally. Hide out somewhere and let them come to you. Then you take them out of the running! You're the last of the team left. Everyone else is an enemy. They think we're pushovers right? That we have nothing left to offer? Well we'll show them. Yesiree, Pete Finch and Nate girl are your future heavy weight champs, I tells ya." [[Crunch.]]

BLUE TEAM: Heard by Anna Hitchins, Axel Stadler and Marcus Walker  - "This is all well and good, but come on now, don't just sit there, children. Where is that fighting spirit? The announcements are most upsetting true, but look at it this way. You were all alive to hear it. Be thankful that you weren't dead and on it. Let's make sure we stay alive to hear them all, shall we?" [[Tainted Love.]]

GREEN TEAM: Heard by Alexis Allwell and Timothy Walker - "BACK OFF YOU [Censored]! Lexi you poor girl! He's like the [Censored] [Censored] who TORTURED MY SISTER! If that little [Censored] wants to cooperate, he'd put that thing away! You be STRONG. Players are WEAK!" [[Deconstruction.]]

GRAY TEAM: Heard by Bobby Goldman - "Bobby, I like you kid, because you listen. Listening will get you far, with me. Knowing your enemy is important so I'll fill you in on some valuable info. You're dealing with two people on the same team. The bad news, is they are both heavily armed and dangerous. The good news is that from what I've observed, the two shooters are incompetent nimrods. MarWIN signing off." [[Metanoia.]]

PINK TEAM: Heard by Benjamin Grayson - "Oh, hey um, Ben. I thought I would just, um, let you know, that the people shooting, they're your real team mates. Don't shoot them, please? Uh, you be careful." [[Metanoia.]]

TEAM 13: Heard by Zachariah Johnston - "You were doing so well. Play along if you must, but be ready to do what needs doing when the time comes. You they will be." [[Time To Pretend]]

GOLD TEAM: Heard by Mae St. Clair- "Take a bet if you want, but remember to keep an ace in the hole. Never go all-in on something like this, or you'll end up dead. You know you can do what needs to be done to survive. You don't know that you can escape. Play the odds that favor you, not the ones that look nicer, and you'll be much more likely to turn up a win." [[Time To Pretend]]

PURPLE TEAM: Heard by Amber Lyons and Jake Langston - "Do I need to tell you this again? Keep your fucking guard up. Things are bad now, but trust me, they can a whole lot worse. You're down one team member, and you're in a dangerous situation. It's time to apply a little critical thinking skill and, you know, not take everyone at face value. What the fuck does a gun have to do with giving someone first aid, anyways?" [[The Bagman's Gambit]]
Cake

Post by Cake »

Fourth Announcement (Post will be edited as more are added):

YELLOW TEAM: Heard by Jacob Langston and Odile Jones - "You know what would cheer anyone up during a sad moment like this? Talking about our sleek, new VerizonTM cell-phones. Could you two bring that up for me? We here at Verizon are sponsoring you both. Continue making us proud. Thank you for that Verizon name drop, earlier, Jake." [[The Bagman's Gambit.]]

RED TEAM: Heard by Daniel Renard - "Good work Renard. Out of my entire squad, you have been doing the most admirable job. The rest of the cadets need some assistance and I think you are most qualified to captain the red team into success. Are you with me soldier?" [[It was an Axe-cident.]]

WHITE TEAM: Heard by Timothy Walker - "Oh my. You're quite the character, aren't you? Muttering and rambling to yourself and to the deceased, while looking like a horrific mess makes you come off as genuinely insane and in dire need of a strait-jacket. I can only imagine, what is going on in that mind of yours. I think I'll explore writing about something like that in my next Novella. Glad to have you on my team!" [[A Generation Lost in Space.]]

PINK TEAM: Heard by Jonas Jeffries and Glen Bole - "Uh. I should probably let you know, that one of your team mates is in the hotel. Um, he's wearing a gold bandanna, but he's really on pink team. So just, erm, keep a look out and try not to shoot him, please?" [[Metanoia.]]

GREEN TEAM: Heard by Alexis Allwell, Leopold Sutherland  and Shawn Morrison - "I am glad to see you got away safely. These two boys seem peaceful enough, unlike those last two maniacs, who'd rather be SHEEP and 'play' instead of standing up against: The Powers That Be! You should all team up!" [[Pieces of What?]]

ORANGE TEAM: Heard by Ferric Tam, Madelyn Conner, Timothy Walker, and Mikaela Warner - "Be careful, Mr. Tam! There's a killer near you. You need to be cautious. Best to back off, find somewhere else to go, you know? You have to stay safe. I'm counting on bringing you home alive."  [[A Generation Lost in Space.]]

BROWN TEAM: Heard by April Stone - "It's just you now, April. The others on your team are gone. You need to be very, very careful if you're going to survive. I understand wanting to be kind, but don't let yourself get taken in. Think before you act." [[Crunch.]]

GOLD TEAM: Heard by Shawn Morrison and Mae St. Clair- "You kids know when you've got a bum hand, right? Sometimes, you have to stay to the side and leave things to the pros. That's what you should do now, or you'll lose it all big." [[Pieces of What?]]

GRAY TEAM: Heard by Bobby Goldman - "MarWIN here again. I'm not allowed to talk to you that often, so I won't be able to warn you if anyone's coming. I waited last time you asked for advice so I wouldn't waste my message. You did good at the hotel. I know you want to get away from this all, but the only way is to play smart. For example, right now you have a fire that's going to draw a lot of attention. Should you camp near it? Hell no. You have a lure, Bobby. Just find a more hidden spot, then sit back and see what moths your flame attracts. Then you can figure out how to deal with them." [[Transitive Bodies.]]

TEAM 13: Heard by Zachariah Johnston, Shawn Morrison and Mae St. Clair  - "You should have taken orders because my orders would have kept you breathing." [[Pieces of What?]]

BLUE TEAM: Heard by Anna Hitchins - "It may end alot sooner then you think, for the both of us, if you don't get your act together, my little angel. Take a progressive stance and maybe you'll be able to see through the end of all this. Cheers." [[Reconstruction.]]

PURPLE TEAM: Heard by Karen Ruiz and Jhamel Thompson - "Hey there Karen. It's Jared. Nice job. You made it. That kid you shot died a few minutes ago. 'Less I can't count, then that makes ten. Your ticket out of here is on its way already. Sit tight and we'll come pick you up. Oh... and Jhamel? If Karen doesn't walk off this island, you aren't gonna make it ten steps from her body. If I were you, I'd consider my next move damn carefully. That's it for now. Jared out." [[And Yet So Far.]]

BLACK TEAM: Heard by Nate Chauncy - "Nate, this is your pal Pete Finch again. I'm proud of you girl. It looked like we were gonna go out as wash ups for a while there, but you've really picked up the slack. With that last girl you got in the head - which I must say was some much see tv - you've managed to outlast four other teams. That's four more, than the naysayers expected from you! But I believed in you the whole time! Look, there's people here, I don't think they've seen you yet. From the looks of things you might be able to outlast three more! One step at a time my friend. To fame, to fortune. I can see it now..." [[As Cold as Silence.]]
Cake

Post by Cake »

Fifth Announcement (Post will be edited as more are added):

RED TEAM: Heard by Daniel Renard - "Careful Renard. Stay on guard at all times. You're on enemy territory now." [[Inner Demons.]]

YELLOW TEAM: Heard by Odile Jones - "You look rather bored. Maybe you could talk about how much you wish you had your VerizonTM Android right about now? Keep it up. Verizon wishes you the best of luck on your future endeavors." [[Inner Demons.]]

ORANGE TEAM: Heard by Brennan O'Brian and Madelyn Conner - "I'm a failure. I've failed you all. It's obvious right here, that Orange has no chance to live without Ferric Tam. I'm sorry, um... you." [[Of Moons, Birds & Monsters.]]

WHITE TEAM: Heard by Mason Ross, Renée Carlson and Alexis Allwell -"You certainly are an exciting bunch aren't you? A perfect cure for writer's block! The action, the tension; it is oh so inspiring. I wonder what will happen next? Whatever it may be, I'm sure it will be quite wonderful!" [[Of Moons, Birds & Monsters.]]

GREEN TEAM: Heard by Alexis Allwell, Mason Ross and Renée Carlson and Nate Chauncy - "Shut your mouth, Woman! What is wrong with you? How dare you encourage these children to do such horrible things. It is NOT inspiring! Stop pointing your guns at each other this instant. Shame on you all!" [[Of Moons, Birds & Monsters.]]

BLACK TEAM: Heard by Nate Chauncy - "I know you don't want to hear my voice, so I'll make this short, since I still want you to live. I've been in show business for years. One thing I learned is that you gotta keep on fighting. If not, then people are just gonna walk all over you. Take it from me kid. Experience..." [[Of Moons, Birds & Monsters.]]

GOLD TEAM: Heard by Shawn Morrison and Mae St. Clair- "You're almost there, kid. I know you're hurting, but you've got to keep it together. Take it from me, don't let emotion mess up your play. You've got to reassess and rework and ride this all out. Keep cool, act like a pro, and maybe at least you'll be fine." [[Of Moons, Birds & Monsters.]]

Return to “TV1 Announcements”