brackie plays pokemon

(w/ rules)

There's been some great art on Mini lately and it felt like a shame not to have a dedicated spot for it. So now we do!
Brackie

brackie plays pokemon

Post by Brackie »

so i've been streaming myself playing Pokemon in the Discord for whoever shows up and it's been pretty successful! here's what I've been doing:

...with some twists!

NUZLOCKE
[+] rules
- Only catch the first Pokemon you encounter on each route (addend. Dupes Clause - if your encounter is a Pokemon/family member you've already caught, go again)
- if a Pokemon faints, it's dead forever
- Level cap: lowest level Pokemon of the next gym leader
- if I want to use a HM but don't have a Pokemon that can use it, I'm allowed to catch a Pokemon for the sole purpose of using said HM, but it must be named [HM]SLAVE and released as soon as I catch any Pokemon that can use said HM
RANDOMIZER
[+] rules
- starters are replaced by any random three-stage evolution Pokemon (rivals carry unused starters through game as well)
- every random Pokemon encounter in the wild is replaced by any Pokemon of similar strength
- every static Pokemon encounter (eggs, gifts, fossils, etc) is replaced by a random non-legendary Pokemon
- base stats and move stats are updated to Gen VII numbers
- trade evolutions are changed to either held-item evolutions or level evolutions
- text is faster
ART
[+] rules
- draw everything you catch in MS Paint
- draw everything that evolves in MS Paint
- draw how everything dies in MS Paint
---

that last part is why I made this thread, because there's currently tens upon tens of Pokemon images that I've made in MS Paint currently sitting around in the discord when they /could/ be sitting around on the board as well

so here's me archiving my artistry! gradually, as I upload these images
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

ATTEMPT 1

so before I get into the meat of this thread ie the run that had people convincing me to upload to the board, I had a short attempt that ended at the second gym, ie Lenora.
[+] summary
my starter choices ended up being:

now, I didn't want to start a randomizer with a Pokemon I could have just played vanilla with, and I wanted a Pokemon that would get stronger throughout the game and not peak at Level 10, so I ended up going with:

mister lilypad.

with my friends ("friends") I departed from my hometown of whateveritwascalled and ran into my first encounter on Route 1:

a pointy birb.

I was then accosted by a random man who claimed he could talk to Pokemon, but we easy defeat him.

Next encounter, on Route 2:

a bug that can roll.

I had one or two more rival battles along the way, before finding out from reliable gossip and slander from around town that I would be facing the grass type gym leader - so, naturally, I headed to the Dreamyard, to be gifted a Pokemon that would help me against the upcoming gym battle:

an ancient cursed being that knew a fire type move I guess.

we defeated Cilantro and got gifted the first badge, and everyone was happy.

we went back to the Dreamyard to explore new areas, and found PETA operating another puppy mill, so one of them spewed out some hallucinogenic gas and made them hallucinate Ingrid Newkirk badgering them until they ran away. then we caught

the discarded skin of a flying bug that could only take one hit before death

now in normal hands, this would be a pretty good pivot tool, because its ability means it doesn't take damage from anything unless it's super effective against it. unfortunately for friend, it was in my hands, and I forgot that some enemies have moves which inflict status effects, like poison

RIP friend: level 8-11

we soldiered on by catching friend's killer

poisonous gasses

and

a water strider

we found the next gym at the city of our demise, and caught one more Pokemon for the road in the outskirts of the forest next to it:

and thus we were ready to prepare for the next battle...except for two things:

one

a random nurse decided she wanted to inflict malpractice and confused my curse fox until she hit herself to death, and two

did you know that fighting types threw rocks at people? chelsea didn't, and now she's dead

but at least some good came out of it

now surely we had the winning combination to take on Lenora and her Normal-type gym, right?

well

we did not and the universe ended
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

ATTEMPT 2

this universe saw a better set of circumstances for starting out and thus we can divide by gyms:
[+] gym 1

the universe started over once again and i was given a much more varied set of starters to choose from

this choice was pretty easy - charmander is still a starter and would probably help me out come lategame, but I'm not about that "easy" life. also, metagross's evolution line is baller but beldum only knows Take Down ie a move that slowly kills itself over several turns, which is not ideal for a nuzlocke. so, naturally:

renowned forums user "NAFT" wouldn't shut up about Kyle Lowry being some sort of spot up shooter so I endulged him - unfortunately, this Horsea was a lady, so I had to improvise

i disembarked with my friends (again, "friends") for my first encounter, and life decided I was going to go to TV3 and gave me:

gothic lolitas

he proved quite useful when he survived a lethal hit from the pokemon weirdo's dark cat and pulled us through to the next route

after picking up a new bud-dy, we ran back and forth on the same route for a while, until suddenly

flowers!

now at the next city, we were told that unlike the previous universe, we would be facing a /fire/ gym - fortunately, I had a water Pokemon as a starter, so this didn't make sense, but either way I progressed to the Dreamyard to pick up my Pokemon gift:

which, yes, a big pile of magnetic rocks is definitely good against a tiny fire monkey, but I can't help but think it was overkill
[+] team
Kyla Lowry the Horsea
Alistair the Gothita
Inti the Roselia
Rhonda the Probopass
[+] box
[+] graveyard
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

previously on Pokemon White Randomized Nuzlocke: we never say those words again so we don't confuse the normal people
[+] gym 2
Upon pummeling a fire monkey into the ground with water and magnets, we return to the Dreamyard to rescue the requisite pokemon from PETA and Ingrid Newkirk's hallucination, and pick up a tiny Capoeira fighter

with that, we head back to our route back to Lenora and to redemption, and along the way we find:

tiny land shark!

tiny dog!

we almost caught a Swinub, but it chose to kill itself during our battle because being a girlboss isn't for everyone

this battle would normally have been a bit hard

unfortunately for Lenora but fortunately for the mortality of our team, King Shark knew Dragon Rage, ie a move that pretty much wiped out her health immediately

and thus, this universe was avenged - we did it, kaycee, we saved the city
[+] team
Kyla Lowry the Horsea
Alistair the Gothita
Rhonda the Probopass
Barrao the Hitmontop
King Shark the Gible
Mops the Snubbull
[+] box
Inti the Roselia
[+] graveyard
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

previously on this thread, the last post was posted a few seconds ago so why am i doing these
[+] gym 3
team plasma, the bad guys, stole a skeleton from the museum, so me and the gym leaders from last update and this update chase them through the forest to get it back

along the way, we find a registered health practitioner and SOTF member

before getting the skeleton back and saving the museum's bake sale or something.

next up, we cross a giant bridge made to showcase the DS's actual processing power but in reality is just three minutes of panning shots which looked super cool in 2010. we land in the city and raze it to the ground trying to find items to use, and in the process our friend bianca gets her pokemon stolen by team plasma. we beat them up, they flee, you know the drill.

afterwards, i head upwards to check out the rolling desert, and find an area appropriate pokemon

a camel that can spit fire! hooray!

now next up we have to take on Burgh, who is a bug-type gym leader. naturally, I box all my pokemon which are weak to bug types, but also decide to, for a challenge and to make things more interesting, box my two OP Pokemon in King Shark and Rhonda, so that we don't just immediately blitz through.

Unfortunately, this decision comes back to bite my team in the ass, because while the first two Pokemon are easy enough to take down, the final pokemon of burgh's team uses razor leaf on Sahara, bringing her down for the first death of the run. Inti the Roselia avenges her fallen comrade through battle, but she's quite traumatized by the experience

RIP Sahara - Lvl 15 - Lvl 23

we got the third gym badge, but at what cost...?
[+] team
Kyla Lowry the Horsea
Inti the Roselia
Barrao the Hitmontop
Mops the Snubbull
Inhuman the Chansey
[+] box
Rhonda the Probopass
King Shark the Gible
Alistair the Gothita
[+] graveyard
Sahara the Numel - Lvl 23
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

me mo ma moo, me mo ma moi. and that's last week on Glee
[+] gym 4
still recovering from the first death of the run, our team breezes through both obligatory rival battles with ease because we're not feeling good today okay!!!

as we travel through the Desert Resort, we accidentally lose two encounters of the same Pokemon - half because I can't navigate menus properly, half because the entire thing was in a sandstorm and some pokemon are hard to catch in a sandstorm

fortunately, though, we found one encounter in the Relic Castle

a bouncing psychic pig sphere!

a random hiker also gave us a fossil from a Pokemon from long ago, which turns out to be a Pokemon that's still alive, for some reason, but we'll look at that later

on the way into the next city we run into Team Plasma trying to mug an old man for his bike, and while we kick their ass, Mops evolves

into bigger dog!

we stop off at the world famous Pokemon Musicals, which are basically Pokemon Contests but worse, and we dress up Inti and give them a rival

afterwards a tear-jerking cutscene occurs, and I get ready to face the gym leader - i have three more encounters left before the next gym, so naturally i accidentally waste two of them and only catch the third and final one

as I head to the gym, I accidentally end up in a long cutscene with the mysterious Pokemon maniac man named N, who talks to me about hopes and dreams and such. it's climactic and revelatory but I didn't draw any images of it so you're not looking at this right now

we face the gym, and as we train, King Shark evolves

specifically so this pokemon in particular can wreck the gym leader (their main strategy involves switching out constantly with an electric type move, but since King Shark is a ground-type, electric type moves have no effect, womp womp)

anyways, King Shark eats them all and we get our fourth gym badge! halfway there!
[+] team
Inti the Roselia
King Shark the Gabite
Carol the Deino
Barrao the Hitmontop
Mops the Granbull
Inhuman the Chansey
[+] box
Kyla Lowry the Horsea
Rhonda the Probopass
Alistair the Gothita
Hindenburg the Spoink
[+] graveyard
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

bwaaaaaaaaaaa
[+] gym 5
so remember when I said that one of the settings for this randomizer gave the rival starters my unchosen starters for their own starters?

well, that came back to bite me, badly

because the Metang my "friend" Cheren had ended up killing Inti with a confusion

we told them Musical Theatre would kill them!

to recuperate from our loss against our stupid poopy pants rival Cheren, we bike all the way back down to Lenora's city where we bring the fossil we got from the Relic Castle back to life - it turns out bison are extinct in this universe

the gym leader lowers the drawbridge to the next city, and along the way we find this majestic creature floating in the sky

aka the pre-evolution to literally my favourite pokemon ever - if anyone ever asks you, for some reason, "Say, what's Brackie's favourite Pokemon?" it's Flygon the answer is Flygon there's no other answer it's always going to be Flygon

I named it spirit because Flygons are the spirit of the desert but everyone thought I was doing a phone brand sponsorship so I decided to continue that with the next encounter after the next city:

upon finding that my way through to the next city was blocked via electrified spider web, I head back to help the gym leader of the last city take down Team Plasma

I head down to the cold storage to find THIS MAJESTIC CREATURE

which was so great we made it into a gif

which sadly didn't last for long because he immediately evolved

now when I tell you I obsessed over this gym, I mean it - I planned for literally every worst case scenario, scenarios where Clay could build up an unfortifiable defense that would destroy everything I worked towards and held dear. I planned, I had backup plans, I even had backup plans for those backup plans for the worst case scenario.

but, it turns out, Barrao just had to go in and challenge them all to a dance-off, and kicked them off the face of the earth, and that was that

...onward!
[+] team
Barrao the Hitmontop
King Shark the Gabite
Kyla Lowry the Horsea
Spirit the Trapinch
BapBapBap the Marshtomp
Alistair the Gothita
[+] box
Rhonda the Probopass
Carol the Deino
Mops the Granbull
Inhuman the Chansey
Hindenburg the Spoink
it the Bouffalant
Verizon the Elekid
[+] graveyard
Inti the Roselia - Lvl 27
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

previously, on Alan Wake
[+] gym 6
5 gym badges in hand, Bianca challenges us to a gym battle but she really just needs to not, I'm not in the mood

I head back up to Chargestone Cave to get through to the next city - Clay destroys the electrified web and I swear to god Chargestone Cave literally took an hour of my time to get through jesus chris never again - it got to the point where the people watching felt so bad for me that they gave me an extra encounter because it was basically like going through five areas at once

first up on the first floor we found

and then, days later, on the lowest floor, we found

eventually we faced off against Team Plasma again and took out evil-er PETA, before N called us a centrist and ran off

in the new town we ran into Pokemon Professor Juniper's dad, who told us about variant Pokemon forms, mostly because the gym leader has them. We ignored everything and went up to the root above to catch

(lmk if you get the pun)
(also for those who want to know, this is the exact same Pokemon we almost caught twice before back between gyms 3 and 4 but I had difficulty navigating menus so it was lost to both me running by accident and the sandstorm it was living in for some reason)

we kept going to the Celestial Tower aka this region's Pokemon Graveyard, and caught

but not without Cost

it turns out bullet seeds are physical attacks, and chansey's defense is garbage :(

RIP inhuman - Lvl 17-28

and then, after speaking with the gym leader who makes us ring a bell in rememberance of the pokemon we've lost along the way, we head back to town, and get jumped by someone who makes me do a triple battle, which works out horribly for specifically one person:

RIP Jilly - Lvl 26-28

Angered by our losses, we get to work training, and with that we end up evolving a lot of our team and box

with Kyla Lowry evolving into her middle form, we head back down to Cold Storage, where we once spotted some roaming dragon types, and begin searching through the wildlife/eradicating all enemies in an attempt to find a precious Dragon Scale...which we do!

this is what peak performance looks like

off-stream for about an hour, I also go back down to the Desert Resort, where Luvdisc were found (???) and begin robbing them for their heart scales, so that I can teach my evolved pokemon moves they missed and moves that will become useful in the future

this proves instrumental in beating Skyla, because Mops can now generate electricity with her bites if she so chooses, and it turns out flying types don't like electricity and it kills them all

six gym badges achieved!

[+] team
Mops the Granbull
Verizon the Electabuzz
Carol the Deino
Kyla Lowry the Kingdra
Rhonda the Probopass
it the Bouffalant
[+] box
Alistair the Gothorita
Barrao the Hitmontop
King Shark the Gabite
Spirit the Trapinch
BapBapBap the Marshtomp
Hindenburg the Grumpig
Spirit the Trapinch
BapBapBap the Marshtomp
Ohm the Chimecho
Revolver the Dewott
Catche the Octillery
[+] graveyard
Inti the Roselia - Lvl 27
Inhuman the Chansey - Lvl 28
Jilly the Foongus - Lvl 28
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

and finally, an update for just today's stream
[+] stream from today
right after beating skyla, me and the gang head up to Twist Mountain, where Cheren and Inti's murderer are hanging out to get dunked on again to the point it wasn't even a challenge.

Alder, the region's champion, wandered upon us and was all "ha ha good show! i'll give you a HM" which is Surf which is great because it's not exploring time

I head back home to visit mom before heading straight west, where there's trainers and new routes, in which we find

this little guy swimming in the water for some reason, and

when the boys want a unique typing but it turns out this unique typing sucks

we also find something about Team Plasma making a Pokemon but it's not plot relevant unless chat wants me to hack in event items

after that I head up to the first gym city, swim in the fountain, and catch

barrao's cousin

and put this egg in our party which supposedly contains the spawn of a rare creature found in the depths of the relic castle, which

you know what I'm not going to argue

we head back up to drifveil, home of millions of exterminated dratini, and go swimming to find

one of my low-key underrated favourite pokemon

finally, I head up to some cave where some random old guy starts rambling on about the three muskateers until I get bored and fall into a dust cloud, which spits out

you're laughing. this pokemon just attacked me and you're laughing.

anyways, we head up into Twist Mountain again, and some mysterious girl meets us on the way and starts rambling about barbra kruger and floatillas and people named pineapple so we just sort of pay her for a painting then move on

and while training in the mountain, we get an evolved form on our hands

and after hearing rumours about evolutions and leaf stones, our crack team of detectives scour the land to find them and we end up evolving two more of our team

we finally get through to the other side of the mountain, finding Cheren beating up a Team Plasma member instead of me for once, and then suddenly we're in the clear - we end up in a city where it changes depending on the season, and we frolick through the puddles to find

me! for some reason!

we then frollick through the next route and frollick outside of the dragonspiral tower and find

a helpful companion on this journey, and

someone who will be tried for war crimes at the Hague after this journey is completed, but also someone who can fly us everywhere, hooray!

I'll do a team/box/graveyard update after the next gym :)
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “Art Showcase”