All Cats Are Grey

This boat once sold novelties at a theme park, and much of the infrastructure remains, including old mechanical cash registers. The boat is still stocked with SOTF-themed knickknacks, as well as general maritime gear of various descriptions, though its organization is more than a little lacking; merchandise is often in poor condition, and is jumbled chaotically on shelves, in some cases overflowing onto the floor. The boat itself is boxy and open on the sides, and is more susceptible than most to the waves, rocking heavily whenever the weather picks up.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

She grabbed a few things- colorful fruity hand sanitizers, a pack of hair ties here, a few books there. She wouldn't want to overstay her welcome.

There were so many things that she could've said- so many words that the would would never know.

"That was close," She said, to nobody in particular as she closed the door behind her.

"That was so, so close, fuck."

"I saw him at the beginning of this game. What happened to him? He wasn't like this before."

She knew what happened to him, but she didn't want to say it out loud. Because what made him like this could easily reshape everyone here. It hurts. It really, genuinely, actually hurts, god, she didn't want to see somebody else become like this but she didn't know what to do. She couldn't fix him. She couldn't fix any of this.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

The response is very soft, clear to the collar's wearer and hardly even audible a few steps away.

"Being too sure of yourself is one of the most dangerous things, especially here. That's what happened.

"Oh, and I know you may not want to hear this, but letting conversations turn into arguments like that is very dangerous. I recommend keeping things calm until you can either get out of the situation, or seize surprise and end it."
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

[+] Transcript
MARY: I know.

Her tone is a little irritable. She winces. Mary has taken a few things off the shelves with her free hand before leaving, placing them in her bag. Among the objects recognized are hygiene products and articles of clothing

MARY: (now speaking more softly) Sorry, sorry... It’s just, I’ve met people like him before. At church. And I… I guess it really struck a nerve, and I guess it was lucky that he backed off, even when I couldn’t calm down. I’ll try to be more calm next time. I get really mad at that sort of ridic judgment since I’ve seen it a lot, so...sorry.

Mary looks inside her bag, readjusting what she put inside. The book Leah handed her is visible. She reaches up to rub her face. Tears are visible in her eyes.

MARY: Sorry…

Another breath. She briefly looks at the camera. She forces a smile, tries to hide her tears. She follows behind Leah.

MARY: I think we might be ready. Leah? Anything else?
See that?

Everyone saw how you flipped out just now. He really got under your skin, didn’t he? Everyone saw it. Everyone.

Jewel thinks you’re pathetic. She pities you, you know. Maybe she’s just waiting for you to die so that she won’t have to deal with you anymore. Leah probably hates you, too. She’s probably starting to see how easily you can flip out.

They hate you too. The audience, they’ll see you as some unstable moron who screams at someone like Anthony instead of doing anything smart in this situation. You let him get to you, and walk all over you, and you gave him what he wanted in the end. It’s lucky you and Leah are alive right now. And you know what? He’ll probably use your little flipout as some excuse as to why you need to die down the road.

These are lies. I know they’re not true.

Do you really, Mary? Because they’re not lies. You try to act so cool, but then someone comes along and brings out what you’re really like.

I’m catastrophizing, I know. I do this all the time. And I know my anger is a problem. I get angry, and sometimes I don’t know what to do with it. Sometimes I get mean. Sometimes I get shouty and irritable. Sometimes I retaliate even though I know it’s bad. Sometimes I just fall into a pit of self-loathing.

And yet, you still do this despite knowing that it’s bad. That you’re a bad person. You sicken me, Mary. You sicken everyone.

I need to think this through. Jewel has a point, doesn’t she? I need to remember that arguing won’t do anything, especially here. Plus, I’m not like Anthony. I have self-awareness, I am not some loser who goes around doing the same thing as other people.
[+] Transcript
MARY: Hey Jewel? How can I make sure I don’t get angry like that again? Like, you’re not my therapist, obviously… but... I kept going despite knowing it was a bad idea.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Alright,'' she muttered.

Alright.

''I grabbed some stuff before he chased us away, so were're probably fine. Got most of what I came for,'' she shrugged, holding up her bag.

'i'm sorry, I- I know I could've done better, but I just... just... really wanted to know what he's thinking, you know? I wanted the world to see it with me.''

''That's not very nice or normal of me, I know.''

One of her hands reached out to Mary's, fingers almost entertwining against fingers but barely there. Asking for permission, really, to squeeze, because she was done squeezing her own hands these days. And she would be asking to touch Jewel, too, if she were here, but she'd settle for listening instead.

The air smelled like blood and seawater. Abel's corpse was sinking somewhere down below. Mary looked like she was about to cry, maybe.

''Um, Mary?''

She frowned in concern.

''Are you... are you feeling...''

Not alright, no, but, more like-

''...feeling like you need a hug?''

Leah wasn't a very good hugger, but she'd do her best to hold on tight to Mary.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The voice is slightly increased in volume, but still muted beyond the two girls.

"It's okay. Leah, Mary, it's... I've dealt with people who want to hurt the people they argue with. I've been that person, too. So I see what's happening, and I worry, and I want to help you stay safe. That's all.

"I don't need you to be nice or normal, and I'm not really one to talk about keeping your temper. It's just, I guess for me, it helps when I'm getting mad to think about if I care enough to do something about it. If I do, then I keep it together until the time comes to act, so I have the best chance to succeed. And if I don't, then that helps me realize it isn't such a big deal."
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

[+] Transcript
MARY: Uh… yeah. I’d… like to...

She trails off. For a moment she is silent.

MARY: Thank you. Both of you. I mean, I’ll try to keep that in mind, and that I should pick my battles a little better, and…

Breathing

MARY: Yeah. Yeah… um, where to next?
((Mary Cheung continued in "I know every story has to end, but that doesn't mean I won't hesitate before the last word."))
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''I dunno, you choose.''

(LEAH HEMINGWAY continues to the last chapter.)
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Eventually, Anthony stumbled upon an alarm clock. It had the face of one of the SOTF people on it; a girl wearing a trenchcoat. He wasn't some nutter who could tell you who a SOTF winner was just from looking at them; all he knew about them was that they were all murderers and they'd burn in Hell when they died. But for now, it was just a tool to be used. Maybe he'd keep it so he could get some sleep without fear of missing the announcements, missing who he needed to put down next.

Setting it to - he glanced at the clock. Six or so hours of sleep. That would be sufficient. Once this was over, he was gonna bloody sleep for a day or two or three or just spend an entire week in bed. Sounded good.

Walking into the backroom, Anthony set his bag down, set the timer, laid down with his head resting on his bag, and closed his eyes.

His dreams weren't sweet.

((Anthony Golden continued in It All Fades Away))
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2

Return to “Shop Boat (Danger Zone)”