Welcome Back

late night 1, open

Nestled on the edge of the rainforest, cracked into the side of a hill, is the entrance to a large underground area. While outside lighting will make it through the descent into the natural atrium, all bets are off beyond that point as the only way of traversing the darkness is through torchlight. Otherwise, one might have difficulty navigating the vast tunnel system, damp with rainforest water and littered with bones of various ages and sizes, some of which look less animal-like than others. However, navigate these caves successfully, and you may find the light again, in the form of an exit into one of the island’s other areas.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Brackie

Welcome Back

Post by Brackie »

((Rainbow Moseki continued from the river))

It had only been a few minutes since nature took its thumb off of the cave's entrance, and Rainbow could see the moonlight.

Rainbow had immediately regretted running away from Seychelle and Philia only moments after she could no longer see them. She'd spent her minutes clutched to the nearest tree, and it took all the energy she had to run back. Only when she got back, nobody was there. She didn't know what had transpired, only that she was now alone, and the sun was only going down and the day was only getting colder, and she was not prepared for any of it.

So she left the river in better poise, keeping an eye out for anyone, friendly or otherwise, but finding nothing. By the time the sun touched the horizon, things were looking grim.

At least until she found the entrance to this cave she was now perched in. The air within wasn't notably warmer, but it was still slightly so. She dipped inside and found it black, but almost immediately after she did, it began to rain outside, so it's not like she was going back out there.

The rain from outside poured in through the entrance, a phenomenon that Rainbow could not see but could definitely hear. The river had found her once again and was reminding her of her failure. But there was nothing Rainbow could do, except remain sitting on the raised rock in the dark and cold for hours on end, bag drapped over her exposed skin in a sore attempt at regaining her warmth.

When the light returned, Rainbow got to take another look at herself. She was shivering, constantly, anywhere she could land her eyes. Her feet still felt muddy from when she'd jumped in like an overgrown child to help Seychelle's wound, and her fist was clenched inside of a patch of mud in a hole beside her rock.

She brought her fist upwards, and looked at the mud her hand had taken.

For a moment, as she contemplated, she stopped shivering.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

She went the wrong way.

She moved, quietly. The cave became her, and hers. The girl that would now be named Cavern moved slowly. She was freezing. She didn't get the chance to get changed. She had walked the wrong way, and she had ended up wandering, or rather falling through, into the underground cave that seemed to be spanning the entire island.

She clenched her fist around the handle of her new gun. Cavern had thrown away things from the other boy.

Someone had pissed in a bottle, it had stained some stuff, and it made Cavern incredibly more nauseous than she'd expected from bodily fluids. If she were fine with blood (she wasn't) then why wasn't she fine with this. She shook her head. The guns were heavy. She wanted to rest somewhere, get changed, or at least dry her clothes, and then wait for sunrise but... everything felt like shit.

She kept moving.

Her feet dragged. They had been dragging for a while especially the one with a missing shoe. She only noticed now when she stepped on a rock, or three. She didn't flinch, but she shuddered.

She kept moving. She shuffled. She moved and the cave moved alongside of her. It was soothing. Beneath the ground, she could almost lose herself into the dark sky. How many creatures had only have this sight?

How many creatures considered the phosphorus to be the stars? The moon? The sun? She felt the island breath in this cave, and it felt strangely like home. She felt comfortable, she felt at home as if she had her large comforter wrapped around her entire body. She kept swaying, and she kept

moving.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

There was a way.

It would make her look ridiculous, of course, and anyone who saw her would probably think she was insane.

But it would make her feel better, and at the end of the day, that was probably what she needed to survive here, whatever happened. That was how school worked, it was how the real world worked, Rainbow assumed, but most importantly, that was how it worked when she went to the concerts, and the bands. She created a person that helped her survive - not even that, it helped her thrive.

So maybe she could do that here.

She just had to stop pretending she looked ridiculous, and think about how she actually looked.

The first step was removing the band keeping her hair up in a ponytail. She felt her braids crowd her face.

The second step was less essential, but she took a deep breath, and held it. She exhaled eventually, but her chest was full now. She took another breath. Held it. Exhaled.

The third step involved the mud in her hand. She moved her other hand over to her bag, and took out the torch that had been provided to her, shining its light on the mud.

It wasn't exactly the right colour, but it would do.

As for a reflective surface, she wasn't exactly overflowing with those, but she knew a way to improvise. With somewhat more difficulty, she placed the torch down beside her and removed the fishbowl from her bag, placing it in her lap. Rainbow turned the torch on so it shone upon it, and within the glass she could see herself. Barely.

With that, everything had been set up.

And Rainbow began to use her fingers to paint patterns on her face.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Cavern curled up on herself. She had to sleep.

The ground wasn't comfortable. She closed, and opened, and closed, and opened her eyes. She was home beneath the ground. She reminded herself that she was home. That she was exactly where she needed to be. She closed and opened her eyes again. It was a song, a dance. She heard the breathing of the cave, and Cavern felt at home.

She couldn't sleep.

She closed her eyes.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

She wasn't a new person, that much she knew.

But it was in these points, where she could be who she wanted to be. An elevated person. A better version of her self. One that wouldn't second-guess, or think about the thoughts of others when they didn't matter, even if she always told herself they didn't but it kept happening.

So while it was one girl who found the cave as shelter from the rain, sat on the elevated rock to prevent the water from rushing her away, and put mud on her own face, it was another who woke up.

It was another who saw the sun had come out, and saw someone leave the cave. A ghost from another girl's past. Followed her out, tried to stay distant, but utterly unsure as to why she existed.

Rainbow Moseki may have walked into that cave

but ((Blood Diamond continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “The Underground Cave”