On the Way to Anywhere

Closed! A little bit after the fifth announcement

This boat once sold novelties at a theme park, and much of the infrastructure remains, including old mechanical cash registers. The boat is still stocked with SOTF-themed knickknacks, as well as general maritime gear of various descriptions, though its organization is more than a little lacking; merchandise is often in poor condition, and is jumbled chaotically on shelves, in some cases overflowing onto the floor. The boat itself is boxy and open on the sides, and is more susceptible than most to the waves, rocking heavily whenever the weather picks up.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Fisk was clearly coming undone. He’d always been an eccentric, so James knew to expect some unorthodox behavior from time to time, but this wasn’t showboating or callousness. This was paranoia.

His accusations about those colluding with Ivan didn’t make any sense. Sure, some of the mentors had turned on the Respects over the team killing, James got that, but Ivan had now betrayed his team twice over. The idea that the mentors had fallen in line to feed him information didn’t add up.

The same went to the statement that Ivan had helped set up some sort of shelter with Stokes. From all James had seen, Ivan acted like a violent, vengeful maniac. Was he the sort to indulge in charity?

Sofia only managed to further his doubts by explaining her own experiences with Stokes.

“Fisk, are you sure about all this? I mean, if we’re going up against three people we don’t even have that kinda numbers advantage. Like, are you sure this would be worth it?” James hoped Fisk could just think it over. If he absolutely needed a target, there had to at least be better ones.

There were other problems, of course, like how “hunting” people just meant that they’d have to rest and regroup later, but James wanted to at least try to talk to Fisk on his level.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“I’m positive.”

He flipped the CD in his hands. The liscenced music had a synthy- 80’s sort of theme. Two Siouxie and the Banshee songs, one of them, The Passenger was pretty good, he wondered what that’d be used for, Cities in dust was another. A The Cure song, (who could’ve chosen that?) quite a bit of modern tracks too. One caught his attention as he looked towards the boom box curiously.

“Ivan’s not gonna stop, no matter what we do. But his friends? They’ll think twice about helping him when they see what happens to his friends. I talked to Stokes and Junji inside. They didn’t look well armed. Maybe they could improvise something from their trading booth, but we could take them, even if it were just me and you, James.”

He smiled reassuringly, or as reassuringly as a quasi-bootleg Jack Nicholson Jared Leto hybrid joker could smile.

“Besides, it’s not just us. We also got Sofia here, and Verity’s apparently a walking armory with all her spare guns.”

He smiled wider.

“Chris may have an axe... We have a machine gun.”

He pressed some buttons on the boom box, heard it click to life. He felt some excitement bubbling inside his chest.

“Besides, after all the ass kickings we’ve taken, We need a real victory. Something to make the people fear us, remember we’re still here. An encore of what happened to Ivan, with a change in the ending obviously, is exactly what will do that for us.”

He pointed in the direction of the floating restaurant. Nobody could see it obviously, they were indoors. “That place, is a high priority target. A falsely assumed ‘safe zone’. A place where people can recover and recuperate. A place of planning. However, Stokes said it’s not for people like us, so we’re gonna take it away. This isn’t just about the people inside. The building itself is a symbol.”

“Plans simple. We arrive, riddle the outside with bullets. Make entry. Ransack the building, kill the occupants, all of them, and take anything of use. Anything we can’t, we scuttle overboard.”

Fisk reaches in his bag, pulled out the orange spray cans Ivan used for his ‘Banner’, that Fisk now carried and made his own adjustments to.

He passed them out to James and Sofia.

“Once that’s all done, we mark the territory, let everyone know who did this, and that we mean some fucking business. Then we leave, and let the others find the carcasses.”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

So basically, they were going to go all Purge on the shop.

Okay, that was to be expected.

Sofia nodded while taking the spray can. "Okay," she said. "Then I guess we should leave this place and find Verity. The gunshots could have attracted more people.

"Oh, and this is empty, so I hope you have the ammo." With he last line, she offered the machine gun to Fisk.

When Fisk took she gun, Sofia spotted a shelf she hadn't paid much attention until now. Instead of clothing, this shelf featured a divers array of different objects with the SOTF-logo plastered atop. Some where obviously related to the show, others not. Like a bunch of duct tape, for example.

Seeing the duct tape and some other stuff, a plan formed in Sofia's mind.

((Sofia Kowalski continued in Feeble Cursed One!))
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

This was going to go poorly, James knew. Already Stokes and the others were going to get unnecessarily killed, but one of their own would also get hurt or something. There was always a cost to these fights, on both sides, whether it be someone or something that was sacrificed.

But James had anchored himself to the Respects twice over by now. Ivan’s vendetta and Sofia’s membership were weights tied to his ankles that would drag him into more of Fisk’s schemes.

And so, when Sofia agreed, his own decision was sealed.

“Yeah, okay. Let’s do it.”

((James Highchurch continued elsewhere…))
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“All right.”

He tossed James the machine gun, a new magazine entered into it as he turned his attention to the boom box.

Twirling the cd in his finger as he inserted it, he rested the rectangular music box on his shoulder as the hook spear rested underneath his other arm.

“Time to party.”

((Fisk Bateman continued elsewhere.))
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.

Return to “Shop Boat (Danger Zone)”