Paradise, In A Way

Oneshot.

The jetties are wooden walkways, kept afloat by buoys, the boats they're lashed to, and their relative lack of density. The central jetties surround the cruise ship and are wider, denser, and better maintained; while it's very possible to fall or be thrown off, almost every piece of walkway here has safety railings, some even reinforced with metal. Life preservers are placed at intervals throughout, and access to many ships is available through ladders and walkways. While it might seem that cover would be sparse, the twists and turns and hiding places between ships actually offer many opportunities to get lost or hide here.
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Paradise, In A Way

Post by Applesintime »

It had been a few hours, and Gregory still couldn't get over how... unsatisfying Cory's death was.

((Gregory Miller continued from Armageddon Game))

Like, man, he should be happy, right? He had done it! He had got revenge on Cory for running away, he had netted himself a kill. Not filler, but a killer, yadda yadda. It just sorta felt wrong, though. He didn't, like, know what was wrong with it, but in his head, he had envisioned something more.

Munch, munch. Sitting on a rickety old rowboat - sort of like the one Sammy sometimes took him out in if they were gonna go fishing or just go around boating and have fun - Gregory enjoyed Cory's Subway. Man, these things were a lot better when you got them fresh. His dad used to take him out to go get a Subway and they'd talk about like, how their day had been and stuff, but then they discovered that little milkshake place and like, man, he'd rather have one of those banana and honey milkshakes than a hot sandwich.

"Hey, uh, if any of you guys are in Miami, you should go check out this milkshake place! Me and my dad used to go to it all the time. Uh, it's called Raul's Shakes and Bakes! They do a really good banana and honey milkshake, and they make like, cookies and stuff as well! They're really good." Nobody ever really did this on SOTF, and it sort of baffled him. Like, this is prime-time TV advertising! If your mom or dad owned some kinda company, well, advertise it here and you'll get all the superfans with too much money going on a road trip just to visit some pipe making company or something.

He had never really liked the violence part of SOTF, now that he thought about it. He preferred the like, friend dynamics and stuff, because that was always really cool, seeing how people adapted to being on the show. Some of them would just go nuts, some people would like, shit themselves, and then you had people like Karen and Jewel, who just started killing. And like, they lived, didn't they? And like, with ten kills each, they musta like, found killing people fun in some sorta way. But Gregory didn't. Maybe it was just the scenario, the sort of anti-climax of this whole battle.

Well, Gregory thought, examining his new knife, he had a knife now! All he had to do was play all friendly-like, wait for someone to get close to him, then bam! Give them a good stab in the chest or eye or something and then it'd be all over. He'd realise why they did it, what appealed to them about it, and then he'd kill them all, go home, and get a nice smoothie from Raul's.

At least, that was what he was telling himself. Maybe Ben could help- nah, he probably had more important stuff to deal with. Just gotta find his balls! Gotta find someone to kill, then he could get started! Getting up off the rickety old rowboat, Gregory got back onto the path and started walking towards that big cruise ship.

((Gregory Miller continued in-

"Hey, Sammy! Tell the bees I said hi!"

((Gregory Miller continued in this cheeses me))
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2

Return to “Jetties: Central (Danger Zone)”