With Friends Like These...

Two floors down from the primary deck of the cruise ship, another terrace of deck just out, primarily given over to a massive swimming pool. This pool is full of clean, fresh water, and arrayed around it are a wide range of beach towels, pool chairs, and water toys—the latter including dozens of pool noodles and boogie boards, as well as a pair of inflatable pool toys (one yellow duck and one green alligator), each large enough for a grown adult to ride. Back next to the entrance to the corridors is a small stand that sold ice cream; though it has been emptied of sweet treats it provides better cover than anything else in the immediate vicinity.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

What Keegan wanted to say was, "You're always shit."

He wanted to say it with a great big grin, the sort that pinched the skin at the corners of his eyes and made him look for just a moment older than he was. He wanted to say it in the sort of way where what it actually, truly said was the exact opposite. Verity would've gotten mad, in the way where she obviously wasn't actually mad, and soon they would've been laughing so hard their sides ached.

Right now, though, he wasn't sure whether he could do it. His eyes weren't narrowed in affection or mirth. They were just tighter. Things were hurting again. The status quo of the moment felt both unimportant and somewhat temporary, and he hated that. On a long enough time scale, everything was temporary, and he hated thinking about that in general. Most days he was able to lock those thoughts up tight, even here, even after what happened.

Keegan turned his lips upward, but couldn't lie to himself and call it a smile. He let it drop right away, too. Everyone here could probably see through it.

What a strange situation.

He sank back into his chair, and looked at the railing where the seagulls had been, and didn't say anything else for a while.

((FR03: Keegan Garcia continued in Hi Friend!/Bye Friend!))
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Yeah... Blood gang..." Fisk felt his lips invert at the comparison. It wasn't a bad comparison, per se, but Fisk felt his motivations and chances were a lot higher than theirs. Plus, everyone in the Respects were better looking, and as a result simply more marketable than those "Blood Gang" hooligans. Besides, Verity was only doing the kill to join to make up for shooting Keegan, which did it really make up for it, no, the guy's still out of the fight basically permanently, but on the bright side he wasn't dead, so there was that.

"Well, I was going to ask if you had any other skills, like maybe being better trained in first aid, or knew of some good locations to hole up in, but we can go for a kill too if you're so, so bloodthirsty... Guess you'll fit right in." Fisk didn't mention that maybe they could have Canonized her like some 1990's hood movie, you know, to test her endurance, and "not" solely as an excuse to beat her up a bit for shooting Keegan, but he wasn't sure if Keegan would've been up for seeing his friend get punched in the face for three minutes straight.

"Very well, welcome to The Respects' intern program." Fisk waved his arms out in a half dramatic, half assed flourish. "We hope you find you stay 'accommodable' until the time comes to pass your trial."

"Anywho-"

The clatter of loud speakers cracking to life. Ritzy Dagger's voice filled the fleet of boats that had become the most viewed battleground since SOTF's inception, starting with Seo-Yun who got a double kill. Fisk winced and glanced at his team. "She's gonna be a problem..." Next up was Fisk's own kill, which Ritzy couldn't have said better. Premium highlight reel material right there.

Another mention of Seo-Yun- "A big problem..." Yeah, she was technically one of Fisk's 'friends' before this, but it was more or less closer to acquaintance, especially now. That ten kill is potential for a Respect to go home early, and sorry Seo-Yun, but Fisk wasn't going home empty handed, his friends were coming with him. Better them than you, with all due respect, but hey, we'll try to make it quick for you.

Fisk got so caught up in the internal monologues that he almost didn't register Eric- that killstealing fuck- come up. You don't get that privilege of it being quick.

Whatever, get to the death zone's already so we can get set up in our racks for tomorr-

"Fuck me..."

The entire cruise ship was a DZ now?! "Where the hell are we gonna sleep now?" He looked to Vasily. "I'm not sleeping on the ground. Fuck that." Whatever, Fisk had time to complain later.

"Alright, well, you heard the gal, time to move out! Verity, I'll explain more on the way to our next hideout."

((Fisk Bateman continued elsewhere.))
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Well,'' he shrugged.

''I guess.''

''But Calla was my fault. Um. Bacchia just stabbed her. I… I went through… something rough. I'm sorry.''

Bacchia shouldn’t take the fall.

Anyways.

''You're in, then? I dunno. I'll have my eye on you, though. I'm still… I'm still kind of against the decision, but, well, it is what it is. If everybody’s fine with it.''

(He was aware of how fast he was breathing.)

“... OK, I… I think… houseboat? That sounds like a comfortable place. Yacht, maybe. I’m not calling the shots though.”

Vasily tried his absolute hardest to get rid of any traceable emotions.

“I’ll handle the gun if we encounter anything bad ‘round wherever we’re going, if that’s OK.”

Why wasn’t it working?

Eyes closed.

All the names just felt like a blur to him unless they mattered. Dehumanization.

Part of him wished Seo-yun could win just so that he couldn’t be looked in the eye and told that somebody else deserved to get out instead. It made his face hot in the worst of ways. He wanted to sink into a mattress and never rise up again but there’s no luxury.

¼ of the way through. He could do this. He could do this right.

Fisk’s back was turned to him, and all he could think of was, it’ll be so easy to kill you all right now.

Cold metal in his hands and pointed down at the ground, trigger unpulled. He prayed to nothing in particular.

“Let’s go. And, uh if time allows us…”

What he wouldn’t do for creature comforts.
“Stop in a room to grab some toilet paper, refill our water bottles with tap water, or something like that?”

He didn’t allow time for an answer.

“I think… i think they’re dangerzoning the boats that need electricity. Running water, too. It… sorta makes sense- they give us showers and toilets and beds and slowly take it away, really get that looming doom feeling going, y’know? And it saves the bills.

Uh

I volunteer, actually.”

He picked up Keegan’s bottle from the ground.

Gross.

He took out his own bottle, putting the opening right next to open, parched lips.

And walked.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

Surprise 1: Nobody said that Verity was shit. You’d think that that was a sarcasm thing to lead into the actual surprise but no, actual surprise. Everyone just looked at her and went ‘yeah u right bitch come on lets fuck some shit up’ like everything was normal. Like how like three or five minutes ago they hadn’t been screaming at her about how she was shit. That bit was still uncanny. Like, it’d been so quick. One moment she kinda knew this’d gone south and was going to just say her last thing then leave and then the next one Keegan had stepped in and ruined all the front row/back row spacing and then the next she decided to murder her throat again with a thing that apparently wasn’t making people call her shit. It was like getting selected for this. Like during the briefing. Her head was pounding in the fact ‘this is it. you got the thing you wanted. welcome to your new life. is it everything you wanted? : )’ and it was hard to actually get herself in the physical world to actually listen to what the people around her were saying.

Surprise 2: the announcement.

Chalk it up to not having a watch. She genuinely thought it’d only been midday or something. The sun was out and it looked kinda early-afternoonish but no. It was apparently nearly night. She didn’t know what exact time the announcements were because, like, no watch, but given how the sun was still out… well, it’d happened yesterday too. She’d been collecting her stuff trying to address everything up to and including killing herself and then the radio lady came in and reminded Verity of where it’d all began. It felt great.

This felt more like how she felt about all the people talking around her. White noise. Little hard to take in everything.

At least now she had a group to tell her what she’d missed. Who was dead. Who Verity would need to… meet, in the future.

But there was one thing she hadn’t missed. The danger zone. Right now they were in it. In about… ten minutes? Twenty? who even died in a danger zone this day and age? they’d have to be gone. Everyone started moving. Talking. Explaining where exactly to meet up. Verity nodded. Confirmed to the others. Gave one little thing.

“Okay. I’ll be there. Just- need to pick some stuff up. From the captain’s quarters.”

She’d been included in a group for the first time in her life. The first order of business was to immediately leave and go somewhere by herself. Less for introversion, more for strategy. Shiva would want to know about this. Verity would need to make sure Shiva knew certain things.

It’d be picked up by all the other people behind the cameras, but that was fine. She’d done enough fucking with them for one season.

((continued elsewhere…))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Bacchia still was on edge about making Verity a part of the Respects but still she had only let her stay for Keegan's sake and if Verity made even one mistake that they didn't like. Well, they could either just kick her out or just add her on the kill list. They really needed to work harder on trying to get the ten kills and well, if Verity was going to kill people too. It was honestly going to be a bit of a problem.

Vasily sticking up for her was a bit of a surprise to Bacchia as she was sure that he didn't give a toss about her like the others. But she would make sure to thank him later. She wasn't that heartless. Just hearing Calla's name made her heart drop slightly. She still felt bad about taking out a friend, but it had been necessary for her own survival.

The announcements came and went.

Seo-yun with four kills.

Eric with two kills.

People to keep in mind to take out before they could get their freedom. They both don't deserve to go back home.

Neither do you, Bacchia.

She knew that too. She selfishly wanted to get ten kills for her own reasons. What was wrong with wanting to live?

She then realized that a voice was coming out of her collar and she felt like she was about to throw up.

Emmy. God, Emmy. Bacchia prayed that she was going to be okay. She was still a friend that she cared about and if Emmy wasn't going to be alright. Bacchia didn't know what she was going to do.

She followed in the others' footsteps to get out of there. Now where was their next hideout going to be?

((Bacchia Rubus continued in Hi Friend!/Bye Friend!))

Return to “Cruise Ship: Open-Air Pool (Danger Zone)”