Pranay Shankar

Approved characters live here while awaiting rostering.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Pranay Shankar

Post by Sh4dE »

Name: Pranay Shankar
Place of Residence: Gurugram, Haryana, India
Language/s: Hindi, English
Hobbies and Interests: Online Poker, Motorcycling, Driving, American Media, Pink Floyd

Appearance: Pranay stands at 5'9" and weighs 150 pounds, looking more thin than fat. He has short, scruffy, black hair, brown eyes, a wide nose and signs of a black mustache above his thick lips. His face is round and his skin color is light brown.

On the day of the abduction he was wearing a white polo shirt over his white tanktop with his brown knee-short khakis and black shoes. He also wore round John Lennon/Oasis sunglasses.

Biography: Pranay was born as the second child of a middle class family in Gurugram. His mother works as a physical therapist, his father works a civil engineer. He has an older brother that works in tech and a younger sister and younger brother who still go to school. He is a little bit more introverted than his siblings, which is why he feels a bit more disconnected from them.

Ever since he was a child, he gained an interest in American Media, starting with American music. He was introduced to the world of Pink Floyd and other dad-rock artists through his father. Since then, he became a big Pink Floyd fan, his favourite albums being The Wall and The Dark Side of the Moon. His interest in media also is reflected in his hobbies, as he loves to watch Netflix series in his free time as well as stream movies. Being in touch with American media made him feel slightly more sympathy than ususal to Americans in general.

He was a good student and got along with his classmates. He was never physically active, even though his family tried to encourage him to pursue those like his older brother. He tried cricket but it wasn't his thing and he resented the fact that his parents tried to tell him what to do in his free time.

At age 16 he received his driver's license for both the car and the motorcycle and fell in love with driving cars and motorbikes. He loved the freedom he got from driving on the roads, like the highway or city streets, which were perfect for driving. His car is a Honda and he saved for it. His motorcyle was a gift by his parents and it is a suzuki. His parents know he loves driving but they are also fast drivers. He knows a bit about the mechanical sides of the car and would drop his knowledge in conversation with colleagues.

He moved out from his parents at age 18 after getting married to a high school girlfriend. He already got into gambling as a teenager, but after moving out he committed into spending his free time playing online poker. He's got international friends online and loves discussing puzzles and math online.

Pranay, in person, can be described as a friendly guy, however, on the internet he is a bit more arrogant and rude. This is because his ego is bigger in anonymity. He hangs out in gaming communities as well as finance communities.

A friend of his recruited him to scam people as a free time job, due to thinking he's a smart guy. His english skills were good enough to scam people and they were close friend due to having the same hobbies, so he respected Pranay. Pranay gladly accepted the job, as it was a good income for money, which would give him more money for online pokering or buying him a fancier car. They ran technical support scams and targetted people from Canada, the UK and the US, tricking naive adults, or even elderly into giving private information. They trick their victims into using TeamViewer to get access.

Neither of them have a bad feeling about it, because they are targetting the English. Neither his wife nor his family know of his scam activities and think it' s a normal IT job. He did use the money he earned from this job to buy his vehicles.

After graduating, he plans to study engineering in a local university.

Advantages: He is a pretty ruthless person and isn't too nice to everybody, so there are less factors that would hinder him from stop being competetive. He also is good at deceiving, due to his scam job.
Disadvantages: He is not physically fit, due to spending his free time inside. He also has a rude side that might alienate potential allies.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Hey, RC! I'm G-Rated Hentai, handler of the great unknown, and I'll be giving Pranay critiques.

So this critique will have a theme: Expansion. We've got a lot of neat ideas but most if not all of them will needed to be expanded upon in order to be approved.
Ever since he was a child, he gained an interest in American Media.
How did this interest develop? What kind of media is he interested in - music, movies, television? Can we get a few examples to see how this shaped him?
He was never physically active, even though his family tried to encourage him to pursue those like his older brother.
Why didn't he like physical activity? What sports did he try? Did he resent being encouraged to try these things?

What's his relationship with his older and younger siblings? How do they work as a family unit?
At age 16 he received his driver's license and fell in love with driving cars. He loved the adrenaline he got from driving on the roads, which were perfect for driving.
Did he ever race? What kind of car did he drive? Was he bought the car, or did he have to save for it? How did his parents feel about his adrenaline chasing with regard to driving?
After he moved out from his parents, he got into online poker. He's got international friends online and loves discussing puzzles and math online.
When did he move out from his parent's house? What pre-empted this?
A friend of his recruited him to scam people as a free time job, due to thinking he's a smart guy.
What sort of things did Pranay display that would make this friend feel he'd be a good scam artist? What kind of scams did they run? How does Pranay feel about skirting and disobeying the law? What are his family's views on Pranay being a scam artist?
After graduating, he plans to move to England to study in a university.
What does Pranay plan on studying? Why England? Did his older brother also attend university?
He knows how to drive a car, which will be useful in the arena if he gets a hold on a vehicle.
This advantage is pretty heavily dependant on arena! I'd love to see it replaced by something that isn't so arena-specific and more focused.

Can I get examples and expansion on Pranay's bad moral compass? What started this? When did he discover that he had flexible morals?

Make these edits for me and I'll see you when you've posted.
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

You can't tell me you have a desert arena and no cars
I'm so glad to be back !
The Honeless Beard

Hey there! Apologies for the delays in critiquing!

Pranay's doing better, but we have a ways to go yet! I'd like to see these things addressed in the profile:

His interests mention motorcycling, but I don't really see any mention here at all of motorcycles. He drives a honda, but when does he get to motorcycling?

How did he save for a Honda? What did he do for work when he was 15-16? Did his parents push him to get a job? How do they feel about his reckless driving? Do they know?

Who did Pranay get married to? How'd they meet? What driving factors were there in Pranay getting married at 18?

What method does Pranay and his friend use for scamming people? How does he and his friend get their info to set up the technical support scams?

I'd also like to know more about Pranay. Does he have a good sense of humor? Does he have any close relationships besides his scam-artist friend? Aside from driving and talking about puzzles online, what sort of communities does he hang out in? You mention upgrading his car, but there's not much on him having a mechanical bent to him?

What does it mean when he bikes 'and shit'? Does he poop while biking? Does he poop into bikes?

Answer these questions for me, work the profile up, and I'll see you when the edits are made!
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

edited
I'm so glad to be back !
The Honeless Beard

Hey RC! We're getting ever closer!

Can you elaborate a bit more on the advantages and disadvantages sections? How is having a bad moral compass a disadvantage in the context of SOTF? How is being ruthless an advantage? I'd love some more detail there in general on these two aspects.

You mention Pranay loves driving on roads that are perfect for driving. Does that mean he takes his car to a track, or is he literally just driving around on the city streets? How much of a hobbyist is he - does he read literature on cars, or does he just like driving fast ones?

Let me know when edits are made!
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

fixed
I'm so glad to be back !
The Honeless Beard

The thing about Pranay is that he drives a man-car,
Twistin' on the wheel because he's fast and likes to go far,
Ruthless and meticulous and he looks to scam hard,
The theme song of the participant - young Shankar.

Welcome to International
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers

Return to “SOTF: International Approved Characters”