Honey Badger Don't Care!

Start of Honey Badger 1; open!

Despite its unremarkable stature, the parlor is compacted with all you could ever need to make yourself feel and look prettier. With 10 magenta ball chairs on each side facing their oval mirror and hairdresser station, each with their own dryer, one can relax as they get their hair done their face beautified, get their nails done, or all at the same time. An assortment of wigs, make up, and nail polish are placed on a counter in the back for aesthetic reasons, right next to the fire extinguisher. Their is also a fish tank near the entrance that has gold fish, where an automatic food dispenser was installed to last 21 days.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((I am so close to inactivity that I can't wait any longer.))

Asa moved into the beauty parlor and walked over to the nearest hairstyling station. He didn't need the permission of the Heathers to say whether or not he and Dee could collect their tools or destruction. There wasn't any immediate threat, and as long as Asa didn't act like an idiot, he wouldn't give them reason to see him as a threat. He decided to ignore the two girls and find what he needed.

Asa looked at the station. There were ten chairs and mirrors in the salon, and if there was going to be hairspray, there had to be some around the workspaces. He wasn't sure where acetone would be in a salon, but surely Dee would know. All that mattered was getting the shit and getting on with their plan. There wasn't any need to be foolish.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Norma slammed the end of the spear into the ground which stood her back up again in a somewhat straight manner.

"And people say I'm dumb!" she said in her girlish tone. "God, what part of I have a spear and don't mess with me is hard? You want to make fun of my really cute dress? You want to do this right now in a place where I can kill you without worrying about being in trouble later? You got rocks in your stupid thick head?!"

Dee was at least a little more reasonable. She observed that Norma wasn't doing so well, and she wasn't. Her hands still shook, but she sighed over the suggestion.

"I don't guess you have anything like that to drink?"

Asa started over for the stuff and Norma quickly swung the spear around at him, stopping it in front of the boy like a toll gate.

"Screw off," she muttered at him.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Shangela*

Post by Shangela* »

Things seemed to be going as peachy as they could possibly get. Sure as sun, something had to get all caddywampus with the plan. It should have been simple, really. Just walk right on in, grab a couple bottles of acetone and hairspray, and be on their jolly way. Even if Sissy and Norma wanted to hang around, it wasn’t like there weren’t plenty of places Dee and Asa could scamper off to. They didn’t need the beauty parlor, though Dee would have been giddy to see a beauty parlor burn. Maybe it’d be revenge for Mama’s insistence on dragging Dee to get her eyebrows plucked, or her feet pedicured.

It sure didn’t look like they’d get the chance to try it. Not easily, at least.

“Now, now, guys” Dee called out, hoping to put a halt to the threat Norma-Jean cast out.

“Let’s try to not get too hot under the collars here. Asa here don’t mean any trouble. Look.” Dee cautiously met Sissy’s eyes before gingerly digging through her bag. She tried to go as slowly as possible. Sudden movements scare critters. People too.

From her bag, Dee pulled out a bottle of the team assigned Gatorade. As Dee was a member of the Ivory Sharks, her bottle was “glacier cherry” favored. At least, that was what the bottle proclaimed the flavor to be. Honestly, it looked like a mix between sweat and sperm, and swirled into one ungodly white color.

Dee set her bag down after retrieving the bottle. She had to do something to dissuade the argument. “Here, Norma-Jean. Take it.”

“Look, we’re not here to cause any trouble. We’re just fetching ourselves some supplies, I swear. We just want a couple bottles of acetone, some hairspray, and a chance to sit our asses down for a spell. Then we’ll be out of your hair for real, promise.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shangela. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mini_Help

Post by Mini_Help »

Sissy still wore a frown on her face from her little trick not working on Nina, the frown that was dangerously close to a pout. Why the hell would she put all of that effort and energy into fucking around when all of it was for shit, anyway?

What, was she that unconvincing? Maybe the fake sobs were a bit much, but...

When Norma slammed her spear on the ground, it jolted her out of her thoughts, her attention now on the short girl and the dude who had popped in.

She rolled her eyes, glancing pointedly at Norma, and shifted her weight.

"You need far more than a little hairspray to help you, girlfriend," Sissy intoned, turning her back and striding to the door. The gun pressed against her waist where it was concealed, a reminder of her masterful plan that stupid Nina had ruined.

"This place suddenly got a lot more boring. I'm out of here."

So saying, Sissy strode from the parlor.

((Genesis Bradley-Baker continued in Kill Your Heroes))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Asa drowned out the sounds of Sandra Dee as he continued to check through the station. If this girl was really going to kill someone because they insulted her choice of outdated fashion, then he would be surprised if they made it more than halfway through the game. Clearly, this girl wasn't going to be someone he should stick around. If she was that crazy, he'd best get the stuff he was looking for and bail.

Unfortunately, the girl decided to point a spear at him right as he was ready to move to the next station. Asa tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"Seriously?" he asked.

Dee went ahead and tried to pass a bottle of Gatorade off to Peggy Sue. The other girl already decided to walk out of the place. Asa clicked his tongue. All that did was make it easier to focus on the situation before him.

"You're not going to kill me," Asa told the girl. "Do you really think it's wise to go through this game killing anyone who gives you the slightest criticism? Fuck, I'd have no clue how you'd survive in the public eye if you managed to win this damn game."

Asa glared at the girl, looking her straight in the eye.

"I'd be very glad to go away, and my cohort and I can easily get the stuff we need without bringing any disturbance to your day. Now, would you like to put that spear down so we can get our shit and leave you to barricade yourself in this tacky ass salon? Sooner would be better."

Asa continued to stare at the girl. He hoped Runaround Sue understood how restrained he was being right now. He could be a lot meaner, but even he had to admit that he had issues with irrational people pointing sharp objects in his direction. If Good Golly Miss Molly was the kind of kid who had to use safety scissors until she was eleven, he was probably screwed.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

A wave of nausea overcame her and she took the bottle of Gatorade (in refreshing glacier cherry) in her hand and she looked at it. With her teeth she unscrewed the cap, but found when it was open the idea of drinking anything wasn't very appealing to her.

She never opened things with her teeth before. It was bad for your teeth and she would need a cheery, all-American smile to make it to the top echelons of cheerleading. Norma supposed that didn't matter anymore and her eyes began to well up. She closed the cap.

"S-s-sis"

She turned around and found Sissy, her best friend and kindred soul for whom she would and had gone through any adventure with, was gone.

"But I....I thought that we were...fr-fr-frien-friend..." she sputtered as the tears started to spill over.

And to make it all worse this loser thought he could convince her of some bullshit. She didn't want to hear it.

"SHUT UP!" she shouted and took a swipe at him with the spear as hard as she could.

Norma held her weapon tightly, head lowered just enough for her blonde hair to shield her eyes a little as she sobbed. She began crying so forcefully that she coughed and gasped.

Norma pried one hand off the spear to chuck the Gatorade back at Dee. "Y-you were nice s-so I was gonna l-l-let you have stuff, b-b-but your fu-fuck up friend ruined it. Pick better friends," she sniffed.  

"Now both of you get the fuck out right now or I'll run your stupid no-weapons-having boyfriend through with this thing like the roast hog he is."

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
Shangela*

Post by Shangela* »

Dee was almost proud of herself. For the first time since she’d stepped foot in here, she smiled. Not a regular, run-of-the-mill smile, but something that said “Don’t worry Ma. Looks like I got my hens in order.”

What was the expression that followed a similar train of thought?

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

Dee should have known better. Figuratively, on account of all the times she’d been so quick to jump to action, only for it to fall apart. But literally, too. Good lord, she’d worked with chickens of last summer. She should know that all eggs laid didn’t hatch into little chicks. Likewise, the egg Dee’d laid had been squashed by chuckles and his huge, fucking mouth.

“Sissy?” Dee briefly raised the question as the pompous, hoity-toity good girl walked her pretentious ass out of there. It wasn’t like Dee would particularly miss the girl, especially not her weapon, but the loss seemed to rattle Norma-Jean to the bone.

And that was when beardy took all of Dee’s southern charm, and layered it with his own cow patty of a mouth. Dee wanted to believe in him. He sounded so sure, so certain, about how to raise a ruckus and get back at the producers. He used such big, convincing words. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Words spooned out of one of those thesauruses made for convincing speeches, but Norma-Jean wasn’t impressed. Neither was Dee.

The Gatorade stuck Dee in the middle of her thigh, snapping her back to the pit of rattlesnakes that this conversation had developed into. “Shi---ugar cookie.” An odd attempt at censoring herself stemmed from years of good Christian guilt. Dee could practically taste the Dial soap her Mama used to use to scrub the sin out of her mouth. Blegh.

“Norma-Jean! He didn’t mean it!” Dee looked back at Asa’s face. Oh, he definitely meant it, all right.

Dee couldn’t justify how mean he’d been to the girl. She was scared, just like the lot of them. It was like watching someone whoop a dog, just because they’d pissed the rug. Norma-Jean was a bit too simple to understand fully what was going on. Heck, she was probably more scared than the rest of them.

Did Dee want revenge? You’re damn right she did. She was pissing fire; spitting acid, and chomping at the bit. But not like this.

“C’mon Asa. I reckon that we shouldn’t stick around and let things get messy.” Dee slugged her bag back onto her shoulder, then turned on her heel. With a stern grasp, she intended to grab Asa by his arm and pull him out with her.

“Go run off and find Sissy, Norma-Jean. We won’t stop you or nothing.” Dee called out to the girl. Hopefully she’d take the hint and make herself scarce. As much as Dee’s faith in Asa’s grand plan wavered, she didn’t want to stoop herself out here in the cold. If Norma-Jean could just think she’d had her own little victory, and let Asa and Dee have their very own big victory, everything would be peachy keen.

Hopefully this would be one situation in which real life actually worked out like Dee’d imagined it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shangela. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((GMing approved))

Asa thought he was being reasonable with Billie Jean. If anything, he thought he gave said the right things to her. However, there was something he forgot in that one moment: people could get really fucking stupid when they were emotional. It didn't matter how calm he was or how non-threatening his words were, he could accidentally step on a landmine without realizing it and have everything blow up in his face.

Clearly, this girl was someone who couldn't handle his rhetoric, so she swung a spear at him. He stepped back when she did, but she still managed to make the spear connect with his left arm. He cried out as the spear cut across his forearm. He stumbled back and fell against the counter. He took a look at his arm. She managed to cut through the fabric of the poncho and sweatshirt underneath, and now a small trickle of blood was pouring down his arm.

"FUCK!" he cried out.

He gave an angry glare at the girl.

"Did you really think that was a good idea?" he asked.

He then unveiled the brush axe under the poncho. The girl thought he was unarmed, but she was sorely mistaken.

"You should be glad I'm not itching to kill people! You could have made the worst mistake of your life."

Psycho Patty demanded they leave, which Dee was all willing to agree to. Asa was pissed that Dee would submit that easily. They just needed at least two cans of hairspray and they could start fucking things up. Then again, if The Sock Hop Slasher was hungry for blood, it would be best to just get out and figure something else out.

"Fine! We'll go! If this shithead is that spastic, we'll just be on our way!"

Asa walked past Dee and made his way towards the exit. He moved the brush axe to his left hand and used his right hand to clutch his wound. He pushed the door opened and went outside the salon. He wasn't sure if Dee was going to follow him or if Betty Sue the Butcher was going to try come after him, but he didn't care. He was done with that salon, and wanted to get as far away from it as possible.

His face was getting red as the cold winter air brushed against him and he continued to fume in anger. His arm was getting wet from blood, so he'd have to find a place nearby to patch it up. He began muttering obscenities under his breath. He laid out all the curses her could think of. Towards the game, towards the producers, towards that stupid girl, towards his school, towards anyone he could think of, vicious words were spat at them.

If he was angry and shouting, then at least they wouldn't notice tears welling up in his eyes.

((CJ3: Asa Rosen continued elsewhere))
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Shangela*

Post by Shangela* »

((Skipping to get Dee out of here))

God bless.

Dee knew that line all too well. When a “dainty southern belle” runs out of anything polite and civil to say about a situation, she just respond with a “god bless,” and see herself out of there. Every fight, every disagreement that Dee had with her Mama, always ended the same way.

God bless.

“Take care of yourself.” Dee craned her head one last time at the doorway. She could just let Asa walk out the door and try to patch things up with Norma-Jean. Or she could race after Asa. He surely had to have a plan for this whole thing, right? As much as she’d like to help Norma-Jean, she was about as useful as a cow patty lollipop.

“I don’t wanna hear you up on those announcements, you hear? Stay safe.” Dee craned open the door and barreled after Asa. She sure as heck had no idea what she was doing. But maybe that was okay.

“God bless.”
Diana "Dee" Dixon continued elsewhere
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Norma was left alone finally. It was what she wanted in this particular situation, but it was also something that she didn't want at the core of who she was. She didn't like being left alone, it was so rare of an occurrence with all her siblings and friends. She dropped down her to knees.

Slowly, she went further down, laying flat on the floor of the beauty parlor. Norma hugged her spear as her eyes welled up with tears and her heart sank.

"It isn't fair," she said tearfully. "It jus isn't fair."

She closed her eyes and tears ran sideways down her face.

((Norma-Jean Torkleson continued elsewhere...))

Supers
International

Return to “Lernean Beauty Parlor”