Live From The Bottom

Day 1 - Game Start - Open

Beneath the surface lies the submarine, submerged except for a span of upper deck including a ladder. The hatch has been jammed open, and students will find it totally resistant to attempts to force it shut. Inside, the submarine is rather claustrophobic, as narrow corridors echo with the sounds of lapping water and any movement can quickly become cacophonous. With but a single point of entry, the submarine may seem easy to fortify, but with nowhere to run can quickly become a death trap. Some reconnaissance capability, at least, is offered by a functional periscope.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

So Dale left and nothing of value was lost. Alaska could totally deal with that departure considering she had managed to meet up with one of her team already. Just as planned, execution on point, don't even worry about it. She had Larry and also Cristobal was there. A three was company as the saying went. So they had a company of heroes or whatever. Sure, they could go with that.

But Larry the dog was right with the sentence he had attempted to complete. There were no sounds of conflict after Dale had left the sub so unless someone had ganked him with super stealth, there was probably no one waiting outside for them. Which was good, it meant they had a safe exit. He then started saying something else to Cristobal and that sentence died too.

So Alaska decided to help everyone out and stepped in to finish things off.

"Yeah, both of those things sound good. We can stick together because same team hype and Cristobal, you can stay with us because we're just super cool people or stay here with...uh your vomit I guess."

Alaska grinned as she awkwardly scratched at the back of her neck.

"Anyway, let's get out of here and into the sun." She said as she followed the path Dale had taken to leave, pulling out her sunglasses and putting them on over her eyes.

She had to make walking up those stairs look good after all.

((Alaska Ferguson continued in Champions 201))
Namira

Post by Namira »

A brief burst of static from Alaska's collar, an audible intake of breath.

Then, nothing.
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Everyone was eager to leave. The two teammates, Dale and Alaska brushed past him just as quickly as they'd brushed off his questions. Larry at least made an attempt at being courteous, but the hesitation was clear. His eyes flicked away even as he offered to stick with him, and he couldn't help but shrink away from his gaze as well. He was being a bother, expecting people who barely knew who he was to help him, when they probably had people they felt the exact same way about to go and protect themselves.

Guilt joined the panic and fear that was already swimming through his blood, gnawing at his bones, and his expression swam a little.

"No- No. It's fine, really, I-" he stumbled for a few seconds, before taking a short breath in and out, and forcing a strained smile to his face as he made eye contact with him again. "I'm sorry to bother you. Good luck out there, and uh, stay safe." He added a laugh to the end of it, trying to dissipate the tension that felt like it was about to crush him, only it came out sounding sardonic - A few forced, fading chuckles that trailed off into nothing as he looked away again. Stay safe. What a joke.

He rapped his knuckles against the door frame and turned around. Part of him wanted to tell him to send Mari in his direction if he ran into her, but what were the chances Mari would even believe, or listen to Larry? It felt slim. And he didn't want to burden him with the worry he felt, anyway. This was his task, his journey. He would find her, and he would keep her safe, for as long as he could. He'd do the right thing.

At least, that was what he told himself as he dragged himself out of the floating tin can, and set along the boards in the opposite direction to where the rest of them were headed.

((CRISTOBAL VELAZQUEZ - Continued in I Get Knocked Down, I Get Up Again))
Shiola
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Shiola »

Laurence left. As he emerged into the daylight, he could almost feel what was left of his senses falling away, lingering at the bottom of the derelict submarine. The reasonable thing was to stay, to try and come up with some kind of plan to deal with all of this.

But this wasn't a reasonable place. He needed a different set of faculties to handle what it was about to throw at him.

Don't tarry, Larry!

A voice in the darkness cackled.

((Laurence Clifford continued elsewhere...))
SOTF: U
Evan Keane: "I guess my world was always gonna end, somehow."

SOTF Supers:
August Hanlon - "This never felt like much of a Gift."

Return to “Submarine (Danger Zone)”