The Crocodile Rock

Come on, it's Florida, how could there not be an alligator thread? Open! Alligator GM-ing rights for everyone, just make sure no one gets a pregame death.

Unlike past versions, TV3's Memories section is getting its own forum for easier parsing of which threads are Memories and which are present action. Please remember that characters may be in only one present and one Memories thread at any time, though one-shots may occur at any point in either section.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

And the mild breeze brushed Leah’s hair across her face, and the pebbles of the little trail crunched under her shoe, and the Boy behind her was asking a question that she had no idea how to answer, and the world kept moving.

“I… I don’t really think that it would end up on our records, probably.” She didn’t want to look at Anthony's eyes, so she settled for the pink cap instead. Every word that came out of her mouth was supposed to be dignified, without the twinge of awkwardness in her tone that bogged it down, the pauses filled with unsure air. Why was she never able to do that?

And for a second, she worried if she was wrong. And then she would be forever known as the girl who stood aside and walked away as a classmate was mauled, and Anthony would be forever burdened by that too, and he would be so, so angry, and

“I don’t think it’s our legal responsibility,” she added, before plopping herself down a bench, making sure to sit on the very end. Her foot rested on the bench, skirt patted down to not show her shorts underneath, and her thin, almost fragile frame curled up. Bony fingers curled up against an old phone. She wanted to disconnect herself from the moment, to pretend that something that seriously, actually, may end in someone being killed was not happening a very brisk walk away. The best her brain could offer to her was nothing, mind fuzzy, head devoid of thoughts for a thankful second. The best she could offer to Anthony was a reassuring smile, before her eyes were dragged down to the crucifix.

She trusts Anthony just a little more than the others. It was odd, really. Anthony was not who everyone would describe as a conventional American student or friend, but what little she knew of him wasn’t all that negative. Anyone who protests against SOTF must at least be quite moral, right? They must be trustworthy, or at least, more trustworthy than usual, correct?

Please tell me I could make a friend. Please don’t make me lose my trust in you.

“Do you think we should go back to them?” Pros of going back: “If they were in trouble, we might be able to help,” Cons of going back: “But we might get injured as well, so…”

Oh, and by 'we' she meant 'you.' That might be important to consider. Staying away was already the most logical choice to her, but if Anthony thought different... she might as well follow him. Being the first one to leave in a disaster doesn't paint a very good look on her, no matter what she did... probably. Unfortunately.
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Ah, this mild breeze was good. Like a cool breath of air in the Miami heat, it helped keep him cool. Well, as cool as you could get in Miami, which wasn't very cool but he'll take it anyway. Beggars can't be choosers.

So, it wouldn't end up on their records. Well, their school probably wouldn't be too happy about one of their students being eaten by a crocodile or alligator or whatever the proper bloody term was for it. There'd be some kind of assembly and everyone would pretend they knew him and act really sad about it. Briefly, Anthony considered just going to rescue him just so they didn't have to do some stupid assembly about alligator safety or something.

"Maybe not our legal responsibility, but it'd probably be a moral responsibility, innit? Make sure that stupid arse'ole doesn't get a chunk taken out of 'im by that there alligator. Don't fink it would be good karma." He replies, cracking his fingers with a satisfying noise. He didn't even know why he did that - it's not like he was gonna go punch out the alligator or something. He took a second to glance down at Leah, noting just how bony she looked. A skirt while jogging, too? He wasn't exactly up to date with men's fashion, let alone women's fashion, but he figured it was common sense to not wear a skirt while running.

His brain whirred on the pros and cons of going to save Beau and his stupid friend; well, both of them were stupid but he'll deal with that later. Getting injured wouldn't be good, and considering this was America and they didn't have the NHS they'd have to pay out the bloody nose if anyone did get hurt. But then again, he wanted to be an EMT, right? EMTs rushed into the danger to save people and stop them from being hurt, no matter what. Plus, he thought as he poked his cross, he hopefully had a higher power watching over him.

He quickly came to a decision. "Alright, I fink we should go an' pull those silly buggers out from the crocodile's domain and wait for the cops to get 'ere. They can... I dunno, shoot it or something. Taser it." For a brief moment, Anthony wondered if you could taser a crocodile. "Because if they go and get bit, then that'll be shite. I don't give no shits about their bloody video, they can do something like that at the bloody zoo. They might try and resist, so if they try and get all fighty 'coz they aren't gonna get their views or wotever?"

"Kick 'em in the bollocks. They can complain later when they aren't in danger."
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Oh crap. For real? Someone's been feeding him, huh?" Beau glanced back at the alligator that still had it's eyes on them and then he glanced back at Seth who he could sense was afraid of getting like vored or something. He had seen some messed-up art of vore before as he had been curious about what it was. That art was wild as fuck and he never looked back at it ever again. A lot of twisted folks love that shit but it wasn't for him and he didn't have the right to judge other people's taste. Hell nah!

Okay, what can I do now? My friend-o is telling me not to move and I should listen! Even if my wild side is telling me to refuse and try to impress him more! Unless he doesn't like me! Wait, we hardly know each other! Don't try to make this a weird thing, Beau! My stupid brain needs to think!

Al was still recording and he hoped to freaking god that this shit would be sorted out soon. He wondered if Beau was going to upload this on Youtube. The fans would go crazy for Beau's crazy bullshit that he would do sometimes. Al noticed that Beau had been more and more focused on trying to make everything better for him and the boys. Al was grateful that Beau still gave a shit about the band and them in general. But this shit.... God, it was almost as Beau was putting himself in danger for the sake of looking like a hero. Even if he was being genuine about it.

Beau tapped his foot on the dirty ground and he reached out to pat Seth's arm. "Hey, sorry for getting you involved in my dumb shit. I got too excited and I kinda...." He scrunched his nose a little and he then grinned at Seth more kindly. "...I wanted to be the hero, ya know! Even if I ended up in an alligator's stomach and all that jazz! Dying is just a part of life! Nothing wrong with going out in a bizarre way!"
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

The day was only getting worse and worse for Seth as things proceeded. He was sweating from the sun that bore down on him from above. He was surrounded by people he couldn't stand, one that was recording and doing his best to be a dick about it whilst holding his dog and the other seemed to take self-preservation as a suggestion rather than the fact. Especially with something as dangerous as an alligator.

Which was at that moment staring at them in that quizzical manner animals always did before they decided to fuck someone's shit up. Seth at that moment had his eyes fiercely locked on to the gator, any move from it and he was ready to act. And by act, it really meant run the fuck away. Whether or not Beau would come along, was something he would worry about afterwards.

Speaking of Beau, he decided this was a good time to neglect the gator that stood in front of them to reach over and say a few words with a pat on his arm. Seth glanced back at Al and noticed that he was in the frame now. Beau had moved closer for that pat so the camera had closed the gap between them. Seth didn't try to hide his emotions this time as a frown formed, eyebrows burrowed and his eyes squinted behind his glasses as he turned back and hoped it wouldn't capture his face too well.

It took everything in him for Seth to not flinch at the contact. He had always felt great discomfort at almost any physical contact, even from his own family at times. He did not know how to explain it in words to people properly, but it was like his skin would sting, combine that with his stiff movements and hot at a loss he tended to be at these kinds of and it was a no brainer.

Of course the dumbass doesn't notice that, why the hell would he? Too busy posing for YouTube after all, getting those clicks. What the hell was he even thinking of at this time that he didn't come off as nervous? Making a title in his mind "almost eaten by a gator today!!!!!" and what the clickbait thumbnail would be. At least he was apologising for invol- did it just fucking move!?!

Seth's eyes widened as it took a giant step towards them.

And then another.

And another.

His fists unclenched where he held them whilst his feet took a step back. Words failed him as he stared fearfully at the creature in front that had stopped looking quizzical and had turned determined.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Widened eyes stared at Anthony, mildly incredulous. Moral responsibility, good karma... She never really had to force herself to do something that's her moral responsibility, because everything she did she did it without that much resistance pulling her back. This wasn't like that. It was an alligator close to muling a classmate, not instinctively dropping to pick up a classmate’s papers when they free, not her empty home and a fridge full of food to cook for herself. She didn't feel responsible beyond this point, because Beau did this to himself, and it was his fault, and you reap what you sow. But the other two caught up in this mess felt like they needed help from someone, just not really her since she wasn't up for the job.

And, yet, with a slight pause, she considered- ''... Then you lead the way, please.''

What was she even thinking? There was no plan. There wasn't that much of a chance she could realistically pull it off, getting someone like Beau away from the danger- what was she supposed to do, punch him? She tried to believe that Anthony knew what he was trying to accomplish, but she couldn't do it. Couldn't believe they could pull it off, together. Couldn’t believe he could pull it off by himself, either. But it was a little too late to ditch now, and it would make her look bad, and that was something she really didn’t want.

And the alligator seemed just a little too aggressive to ignore.

In the back of her mind, every rush of the cars far away reminded her of police cars, and she didn’t know if it’s just her desperate pseudo-hallucinations or an actual way to… escape this situation is a good word for it, probably. She picked up her empty water bottle, and it felt a little bit like a weapon as she got up.

“This is really dangerous, you know that right? Just to make sure.”
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Right, the alligator was moving. That wasn't good. Despite what he wanted to be after secondary school - or, as it was now called, high school - Anthony wasn't quite prepared to see someone be bitten by an alligator today. A little knot of nerves welled up in his stomach like shoelaces tied too tightly, but he did his best to ignore it. An EMT rushed into the danger and they got people out of it. Plus, this would probably be good karma. What goes around comes around, after all.

"Alrighty. Uh..." Anthony paused to work out a plan of action. The alligator was aggressive, and somebody had mentioned it had been fed at some point? Probably by some stupid kid who thinks tossing his sandwich to a wild animal is the epitome of fun and games. Closing his eyes, he visualised the scene in his head. Seth, Beau, that one other Cockney guy and of course, the titular alligator, who was stepping closer and closer to the trio of two dumbasses and Seth. Was there even time to make that much of a plan? Was it even safe?

God, he hoped the cops came soon. He didn't know if it would be one of those bike units or if there's just gonna be a car pulled up or what, but as much as he disliked guns and violence, someone with something to deter this alligator would be much appreciated, preferably before he had to physically drag them away.

Or was there perhaps a better way. Was it alligators that were attracted to movement? Or was that t rexes? Either way, they were kind of the same thing, right? A plan was quickly formed in Anthony's head. Fumbling in his pockets for some spare change, he quickly inserted them into the vending machine, pressing a little too hard on the option for a can of Coke that still had Season 66 advertising on it. With a sense of anticipation, he snatched it up with shaky hands as soon as it dropped down to the receptacle.

"Alright, new plan: We distract the bloody fing before it eats someone. Dunno if those things are attracted to movement or wot, but couldn't hurt, innit?" He spoke as he stood up from the vending machine, his weapon of justice in hand, ready to rescue people from the terrible monster! He internally chuckled at the idea of him being some brave knight saving these dudes from a giant dragon, but now wasn't the time, Anthony. This wasn't a fantasy book where some wizard could just mumble a few words from a fictional language and everyone would be happy and healthy again, but real life.

How ironic, he briefly thought, that this can advertising death would hopefully be used to help someone. Stepping out from behind the bathroom, he desperately tried to remember what he could from that one time he tried to do the shot put in the school's sports day when he was nine. Bring it up to your ear, step into the throw, and bombs away! Shining in the Floridan sun, the can sailed into the air and exploded behind the alligator in a baptism of fizz and liquid. The alligator, suddenly distracted by the noise behind it, started to turn around. Thank fuck.

"COME ON YOU STUPID WANKERS, MOVE!" Pulling his best angry activist that really wants to be heard voice, Anthony yelled at the trio, raising his left hand and motioning towards behind the bathrooms. Once he was sure they had seen him, he pulled himself back out of view and turned towards Leah, a small smile of relief slowly flooding his face.

"Thank God. Fink that distracted that thing." Now that the situation wasn't just as worrying, he was returning back to the American accent, not that Cockney one that barely anyone understood.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"What in the fuck...?" Was all that Al could say when he noticed Anthony's dumb-as-balls move to save the two others that were not moving away from the alligator and now it was finally turning away thanks to Anthony's trick and Al was thankful that he was further back with Seth's cute dog. He wanted to yell out an annoyed, loud response to Anthony but he didn't have time for that and he decided to move his rear with a quick jog over to where Anthony and that girl, Lia or Lea or whatever-the-fuck-her-name-was, were standing and hiding.

Al panted softly as he stopped beside the cute girl and he lowered the phone after he pushed the recording button to end it. "Ugh.... I am totally gonna kick Beau's ass for this dumb shit...!" He grumbled softly under his breath and he gazed down at the dog held in his arm. "Hope your owner comes and gets you, bud."

I swear if Beau got that guy killed because of a stupid alligator. I will fucking scream my head off at that twat!

Beau almost shat himself over what Anthony had done and he felt his heart racing on a high note.

Oh, wowee! Anthony is a savior of a dumbass like me and Seth. Oh man, I reaaaaaalllly messed up my hero shot, huh? Oh, wait, wait! Doesn't matter, Beau! Move your butt before it becomes 'gator food!

Beau let out a light-hearted chuckle that had an edge of nervousness to it and he glanced at Seth briefly, hoping that the guy was alright and not in too much shock to move or whatever. "Come on, my friend! Let's go, go!" He chimed up cheerfully as he headed off in the direction that Al had taken and he looked back a few times to make sure that Seth was following after him.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

The sudden explosion behind the alligator tilted Seth out of the scared zone that he had established for himself, for a moment thinking someone had shot the huge lizard, but the distinct sound of fizzing told him exactly what had happened.

Nice, now he wasn't going to die for someone's youtube video.

It turned at the sudden sound that emanated from behind it. That and the yell of "move, wankers!" gave them the opening they needed, and Beau led the way. Seth ran after him once it became clear they could get out of this mess.

"Yeah, yeah." He grumbled as they made their way over to the group that had assembled with Anthony, Leah and Al.

"Shit, thanks for that." Seth managed to put on a thankful tone towards Anthony, difficult as it was considering the circumstances. As he did so, he beelined over to Al to fetch his dog.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

She side-eyed Anthony as he got a coke. Not really the most logical thing to do in the moment, but she couldn’t judge. Wait.

We? What’s ‘we?’ Of course it could hurt, what did he mean-

Anthony threw the can at the alligator like a baseball and it bursted, fizz and foam shining in the sun. Little fireworks, she thought for a millisecond, before her consciousness snapped back into reality and she moved with him to the bathroom. Not that she actually understood half of what he was saying with ease- his accent twisted and distorted with his voice into something that she doubted a regular Floridan would comprehend. She turned to the Goth, capital-g because she felt like she knew him more as “Goth” than him as a person and would be a bit glad to keep this that way, and gave him a curt nod for the sake of decorum that she left for him to interpret. It was, um, rather awkward and she didn’t want to further marinate in this awkwardness and spread negative energy around and she’d rather just stare at the dog so that’s what she did. Beau and Seth were saying something in the background- she only turned in to Beau’s lively (hmm, not really a good pun) voice springing through the air and sighed. He was high energy, in the absolute worst way. Overzealous youtubers she bared to watch for others’ sake.

She coughed a little and dug her nails into her skin again to remind herself.

“Thanks,” she called out to Anthony.

She looked back. The reptile is still averting its gaze from her. Shy, almost. She feels guilty for this whole experience- everything that happened to it was just base instincts- human give food, human=food.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

The day had been saved, all thanks to a can of Coke. Not exactly a bad trade for 79 cents. As the others rushed over to shelter behind the bathrooms the alligator, still baffled, wandered towards where the can had burst. For a second, Anthony almost felt sorry for the thing. It had just been vibing in the shade near the pond when a bunch of people had came by, starting taking videos of it and then threw a can of Coke at it. One of God's creatures, just like the trees hanging over the bathroom and providing some much-welcome relief from the sun burning down on them, just like Anthony himself. But then, he remembered, it would have probably feasted on the others and he didn't feel so bad anymore. Hopefully Miami-Dade came soon and he could go home. Maybe this would turn into some little in-joke between the few people here.

But then, he wondered as his brow furrowed a little, why was he so willing to resort to just... beating them up and dragging them off if they didn't come willingly? He wasn't some violent thug. To the others there, it just looked like he was in thought, idly reaching up to pull his sun visor up a little. He wasn't exactly a great fan of violence; enough 14-year old wannabe roadmen bragging about how they had got into a fight with four other people in a council park and got lifted by the Met and you get sick of the mere concept, let alone actually doing it. But then again, was it justifiable? In a way, it could be construed as defending them from the alligator by making sure it didn't drag them off and eat them in the pond or something like that. Hmm.

Maybe it was justifiable, maybe it wasn't. Either way, it hadn't happened and that was what he was focusing on. It was a success, even if a mild one. That slight frown was replaced with a small, sheepish smile as he nervously scratched the back of his head. The heat was making it all sweaty, he was gonna have to shower once he got home. "Oh, uhh, don't worry about it guys. Fink everyone else would 'ave done the same fing." Ah, his goddamn accent was bleeding through again. He spared another glance at the road. Was that a police car or was it just a car that looked like one? He hoped it was the former. After the adrenaline and all this sweat, he just wanted to go home.

"So, uhm..." Swallowing some spit in an attempt to moisturise his mouth, which was surprisingly dry, he tried to think of what to do next. "Figure the cops woulda been 'ere quicker, innit?" Then again, it had only been a couple of minutes. The pendant shone in the sun, a stray beam weaving its way through the leaves to pierce the chink in their cover, and Anthony's hand reached down to idly fiddle with it. Thank you, God., he murmured in his head. Perhaps that was a sign, to show he had some help from above when he threw that can.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Yeah...'' Anthony had an accent that was hard for Leah to understand- a lot harder than most people already were to understand.

The tension was sucked right out of the scene. They were at the finale already, and she had done what she needed to do and seen what had happened.

''U-um... it was nice to meet you all! But, erm... I had to go home now.''

She waited

''Is that allright?''

And she didn't wait longer for an answer as she left.

Return to “TV3 Sandbox Memories”