if only making friends are this easy

aka my very first relationship thread plzdontbullyme

This is the board to discuss and plan for SOTF-TV, both the actual games and related lore projects.
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

if only making friends are this easy

Post by Tapey »

Mateo Ormeño: Mateo is your typical Soundcloud rapper cover artist. He is pretty chill and friendly in nature and can easily start conversations and blend in into the crowd. His social circle is pretty broad, so anyone is welcome to be his friend! His main interest is playing the acoustic guitar, though he never finds the courage to perform on a stage, he had made several acoustic covers on Soundcloud. He's also interested in tennis, watching traveling vlogs, and reading mangas and fanfics (though he never admits he reads fanfics irl). He is also a fan of SOTF-TV, and would like to talk about it if anyone mentions it during a conversation, though his interests in the show mostly focus on the relationship and drama between contestants.

Though he is pretty active and starting conversations, Mateo can come off as pretty passive when it comes to completing a certain request or task. He also lacks confidence in himself but tries his best to not show it.

Looking for:
Friends which he usually talks to or plays tennis with
Acquaintances who recognize him, but never go for a deeper conversation
A small number of people who recognize him through his Soundcloud account.
Enemies, or people who find his passiveness a bit annoying to deal with.
If possible, people who he had a crush on, or people who have a crush on him. Either gender is okay.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hannah Choi: Hannah is that one kid in school who has to always act as the 'good student' and is always stressed out due to the pressure from their parents. She has pretty good grades in her class, which results in a lot of classmates asking her for help in their studies. She is also into Kendo, being one of the main ways for her to reduce stress. She had joined kendo tournaments before, and after joining high school she often works in a training center nearby as a volunteer trainer. She is also interested in SOTF-TV and is pretty active in SOTF-TV forums online, though she never admits that in public. Besides that, she is also interested in listening to various types of music, and she doodles a lot while spacing out or passing time. She has a pretty moderate social circle, mostly people who had asked her for help before or people who have the same interests as her. She is pretty kind and modest as a person, however, she rarely speaks up due to her low self-esteem, and she tends to hide her dissatisfaction from others.

Looking for:
...tbh anything will do lmao. If you have anything creative, hit me up.

Btw in case I forgot, they're both seniors.

Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

I don't have much for Mateo, but I think Hannah and Akeno might be able to get along.

Akeno takes an interest in anyone she finds out is involved in martial arts or combat sports so if she finds out one of her classmates competes in kendo then she'd approach them. From their they can talk about their shared interests of martial arts, SOTF-TV and poor parental relationships; Hannah's the only other person I've see who competes as well, so there's that too.

They seem pretty different in terms of personality, but they have enough in common I think they could gel together well enough.
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

With Mateo:

Seth: Might have heard some whilst browsing the net , and he has opinions on SOTF-TV, mostly that the show hasn't been good in a while and mostly concerns himself with the behind the scenes stuff nowadays, maybe they have talked about that.

Leo: I can see these two having talked and getting along in general except for the SOTF stuff. Leo finds the show against his morals and would rather not have anything to do with it.

With Hannah:

Seth: Has probably asked her for help with studying and talked with her about music since he's big into different genres, and is active online so maybe they've talked through that?

Leo: In a similar boat as with Mateo, these two I can see getting along with leo being interested due to her doing kendo and maybe asking for a possible photo in gear, and seeing as SOTF isn't something she talks about openly with people, I don't there will be a problem there.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

I dint think Leah has any relationshios with your kids because shes quiet like that. Vasily... might chitchat with both kids but their hobbies dont completely mesh (Vas is in the school band ) and is a Superfan of sotf but his social circles spread kinda thin

also neither of my kids are open to have crushes on someone but if u want ur kid to crush on mine feel free!
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Fenrir wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:00 pm I don't have much for Mateo, but I think Hannah and Akeno might be able to get along.

Akeno takes an interest in anyone she finds out is involved in martial arts or combat sports so if she finds out one of her classmates competes in kendo then she'd approach them. From their they can talk about their shared interests of martial arts, SOTF-TV and poor parental relationships; Hannah's the only other person I've see who competes as well, so there's that too.

They seem pretty different in terms of personality, but they have enough in common I think they could gel together well enough.
Yea, I think they'll bond along well with their shared interests in martial arts, and possibly a friendly rivalry on who had won more medals in tournaments. I can also see them venting to each other about their parents, and is able to understand what each other is going through. I don't think Hannah will mind the personality difference though.
Ohm wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:01 pm With Mateo:

Seth: Might have heard some whilst browsing the net , and he has opinions on SOTF-TV, mostly that the show hasn't been good in a while and mostly concerns himself with the behind the scenes stuff nowadays, maybe they have talked about that.

Leo: I can see these two having talked and getting along in general except for the SOTF stuff. Leo finds the show against his morals and would rather not have anything to do with it.

With Hannah:

Seth: Has probably asked her for help with studying and talked with her about music since he's big into different genres, and is active online so maybe they've talked through that?

Leo: In a similar boat as with Mateo, these two I can see getting along with leo being interested due to her doing kendo and maybe asking for a possible photo in gear, and seeing as SOTF isn't something she talks about openly with people, I don't there will be a problem there.
Seth: I think Mateo might have a few discussions with Seth about SOTF-TV, some which he can agree on and some which he don't (though he won't really persist). They probably hang out pretty often and talks to each other a lot, mainly about SOTF-TV.

For Hannah, I can totally see her willing to help Seth with his studies, and probably starts their friendship there. They probably talk a lot about their favorite artists and their recent albums during free time. As for talking about SOTF-TV, it's more likely that they enjoy their discussions online, but since Hannah keeps herself anonymous in online forums, I don't think it's likely for them to know they are talking to each other.

Leo: I can see both Leo and Mateo bond well since they're both extroverts. Mateo might understand why Leo hates SOTF-TV, since they both have shown discontent towards the gore and violence part of the show, hence he'll try his best to prevent the topic while talking to him. In which case, they'll mostly exchange their experience and stories in sports.

I think Hannah will be a bit reluctant at first to be Leo's model for his photos due to shyness but will end up accepting it anyways. I think they'll get along with each other well, though I don't see any common interests between them so I guess they can be regular friends who chat and hang out a few times.
Yonagoda wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:03 am I dint think Leah has any relationshios with your kids because shes quiet like that. Vasily... might chitchat with both kids but their hobbies dont completely mesh (Vas is in the school band ) and is a Superfan of sotf but his social circles spread kinda thin

also neither of my kids are open to have crushes on someone but if u want ur kid to crush on mine feel free!
Hmm yea, I think Hannah and Mateo will be cool with Vasily as a casual acquaintance and might talk about SOTF-TV once in a while. For Leah though, I think Mateo might have tried talking to her before, but the relationship did not last long.
carduinal-cyn
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by carduinal-cyn »

Hey! So glad to meet your characters, and I'm sure Olivia would echo that. She's a social butterfly, especially among the more athletic students at Mangrove Garden, so I think she might be able to form some bonds.

Mateo seems like a pretty chill person with a wide-ranging social circle, and because of that and his tennis playing I think Olivia might make a good acquaintance of his, at the very least. It could be a little bit presumptuous of me to ask this, but if she seems like the type of person he'd have a crush on, we could potentially discuss that as well. No matter what, she appreciates him for his calm and easygoing sort of attitude and they'd balance each others' personalities well in a possible friendship.

Olivia might know of Hannah through the latter's participation in the kendo team, but for the most part Hannah seems like she keeps to herself. Olivia might say hello to her in the hallways, as she does with a lot of the other students. Unless Hannah ends up talking Olivia's ear off about kendo, though, I don't know of a way for these two to be much closer than acquaintances.
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Memories: 1
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Memories: 1
Battle Royale: 123456
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

carduinal-cyn wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 am Hey! So glad to meet your characters, and I'm sure Olivia would echo that. She's a social butterfly, especially among the more athletic students at Mangrove Garden, so I think she might be able to form some bonds.

Mateo seems like a pretty chill person with a wide-ranging social circle, and because of that and his tennis playing I think Olivia might make a good acquaintance of his, at the very least. It could be a little bit presumptuous of me to ask this, but if she seems like the type of person he'd have a crush on, we could potentially discuss that as well. No matter what, she appreciates him for his calm and easygoing sort of attitude and they'd balance each others' personalities well in a possible friendship.
Ahhh, another extrovert! I think Mateo will definitely get along well with Olivia as close friends who hang out a lot. Though they don't have much in common besides their personalities, I can see both of them bonding through their interest in sports, perhaps chilling out after Olivia's lacrosse session. Though I haven't really decided if Mateo will have a crush on Olivia, I'll let you know if he will have any feelings towards Olivia.
carduinal-cyn wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 am Olivia might know of Hannah through the latter's participation in the kendo team, but for the most part Hannah seems like she keeps to herself. Olivia might say hello to her in the hallways, as she does with a lot of the other students. Unless Hannah ends up talking Olivia's ear off about kendo, though, I don't know of a way for these two to be much closer than acquaintances.
Yea, I think I'm fine with Hannah and Olivia being acquaintances!

Return to “TV Planning/Discussion”