We Own The Night

The shipping yard, found in the southwestern part of the island, is a maze of docks and colorful containers that has remained largely unchanged since the island was abandoned, aside from accumulating more rust. Once a major hub of activity on the island, the shipping yard will soon see action once more, though likely of a far more lethal sort than in its active life.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

We Own The Night

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

The sun had set. The remnant flames of the northern woods were the only lights remaining.

And Maxwell couldn't help but stare at the carnage as he stood on top of the container, the trident in his right hand. He'd seen the smoke whenever he looked up, he'd felt the heat as he'd been in the flowerfield, but before now he hadn't been able to see it — the outskirts of the forest had managed to hide what was burning within. Now that he was on high enough ground, though, he could see what the smoke had been implying. He could see the fire, see the charred remnants of the woods, see the hollow ring of unburned trees that surrounded it all. The cabin was gone in the darkness — couldn't be made out, even with the fire — but that particular fact didn't matter. It would have given him a short smile to see where his time here had begun, but little things like that didn't matter anymore. Not when the question of whether he lived or died would likely be answered in the next hour.

He turned around. Let the trident loosen against the container. He didn't see anyone — wouldn't have, anyway; his ears would have caught them first — but he used the effort spent as an opportunity to stay where he was, readjust the trident so that his body was properly turned. Got himself ready to figure out how he was going to get off this thing.

The announcement had been half an hour or so ago. He'd only been here for the past fifteen minutes. Surprisingly, given his leg, given the fact that he could only walk well with the help of the trident, he'd gotten here before any scene had taken place. Admittedly, it would have been a slight blessing if everyone else had died before he had made it here, but if anything, the fact that nothing had happened was a blessing in its own way. Now he could say he was here when it all ended. Now he could hope he had a chance to influence the outcome.

Because these seven days would end one way or another. Either those boats Victor promised would arrive, or the end of this game would. Five out of sixty-something were left, and there was no way of telling how many of that number would still be standing when the timer ran out.

But there was one thing he could guarantee. One thing he'd make sure would happen. There was something he had said to himself, back at the flowerfield. A promise he had made. History hadn't given him the best record for keeping those, but if there was one last thing he could say about it?

It was that this time, he would support, act out the things he said back there, at the flowerfield.

It was that this time, this promise would be one he would keep.
Cake

Post by Cake »

Quite some time had gone by since G29 had regretfully broken the bible-thumper into splintered pieces, much like what was done to Kitty's cranium.

Unfortunately, even though it had succeeded on avenging it’s original owner, there was no salvaging the Kasumi keepsake. Instead, the pieces were repurposed as firewood, fueling the bonfire within a peculiarly, bloody barrel in the center of an all new makeshift campsite she had created within the maze-like shipping yard. In fact, she had spent most of her yesterday, exploring.

The barrel had already been blood-rusted when Wendy discovered it - how that happened she could only daydream and imagine, especially since it remained glaringly and suspiciously devoid of content within, despite the aforementioned stain. The other thing she had uncovered didn't leave much to the imagination. In a slightly more open area between the vast array of shipping containers lay a boy who was nothing more than an unrecognizable splatter from the shoulder up.

It reminded her of what had become of Kitty, of Sebastien, of so many others, and of their teacher on that bus. Wendy wasn't fond of that memory, not at all. So she cleaned it up in preparation for her soon-to-be picnic spot. She stuffed the remnants of both bodies in the area into her cooler, dragging them over to the side of the shipping yard and dumping them over the edge of the docks, into the ocean side, below, where eventually they'd become a carrion meal for the ever-present flock of white wings.

For the most part Wendy adored nature, but she had no love for these seaside buzzards, not after they tried to nibble on Mr. Dolph.

So she spent most of her day using them as moving targets to snipe at. Missing her shots on Bunny at the perfect opportunity on separate occasions had made it clear that some practice was needed to refine this skill in order to make some use of this new found power in hand. After some time, Wendy felt reasonably confident in her abilities, evident by the trail of reddened feathers she had left scattered between the corridors of this rainbow maze.

As the skies darkened, Wendy relaxed, a seat atop one of the tallest of the containers, overlooking the area - the dimness of night shrouding her as she kept watch from above her campsite below. The skies were mostly clear, aside from a few winged stragglers flapping about the area, lost from their flock.

So here it was, the final day of this island safari. Who would have guessed, really? Yet here she was, untouched for the most part, clean and speckless after having rinsed off the spray of dead Kitty from her strawberry print garments.

Maxie, Krissy, Chuck-ie and Bunny were all which remained. They'd be here soon. Wendy sure hoped they would appreciate the campsite she created along with the poultry she had roasted over the burning barrel.

Sadly, Irene was no more. Would have been nice to have an ally in the end, but of course Bunny had to go and put a damper on that reunion didn't she. No matter, it just made this inevitable homecoming all the more delicious.

Eventually the GPS lit up with blinking circles of activity, dotting the interface.

Trained within the center crosshair lens of the sniper scope, was B02, whom she continued to observe.

It was an unfamiliar number, a silhouette which stood atop another container further out, seemingly surveying the inland horizon of the still dancing flames of their island adventure, in wonder. From afar it was indeed a sight to behold and Wendy could definitely relate. If this was Chuck or Maxie had yet to be determined. Didn't help that she had forgotten what Chuck's designated number was despite previously spying on the boy with Scarlett and a few others at the lakeside. It didn't really matter though did it. They were all just numbers in the end.

For a moment the passing silence was interrupted, as a powerful blast of man-ripper roared throughout the location.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Chuck Soileaux pulled the hat down. Made sure it was firmly fixed on his head. It was a small reminder of home, of society, of joy and all that stuff.

It was comforting, really. To have this hat, so dissonant with the dismal surroundings, snugly fitted around his head. Despite the wear and tear it had endured, despite the dirt and mud caked to it, it was a reminder that, hey, this wasn't the world now. It didn't have to be this way. Maybe it was...not pretentious, but ludicrous, to assign such noble connotations to a bit of Nintendo merchandise. But he didn't have anything else to hold to, didn't have any -

Oh, he still had the necklace. Kyran's mom's necklace. Kyran, he was great. Hopefully, if he was killed, whoever killed him would have the decency to let Chuck bleed out, give a final speech, and make sure the necklace got off this island. There. Kyran hadn't told Chuck what he was to do with the necklace, but leaving it here on the island, on his corpse instead of Kyran's, was clearly pointless.

So he had the hat and the necklace. Two reminders of the goodness in the world.

Chuck got to the edges of the site. Looked over the shipping yard. Made sure he was locked and loaded. Then slumped against a container crate and, eyes open, prayed.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

((Continued))

They had arrived. They were at the stage where the final act would be conducted. The audience breathlessly waiting to see what they did when they could shine. There was to be no final lesson and no sudden act of god. They were alone. As they always had been. Witnesses to their own descent.

The stage itself was a maze, it's layout and what it was made up of being an apt metaphor for everything that had come before. Everything had to connect she supposed. The fireflies were growing agitated within their prison as they sensed they were running out of time to gain freedom. But she gently patted her pack, calming them momentarily. Like everyone else, they would get their chance.

The containers loomed up around them, their presence adding a malevolent feeling, not unlike the tunnels.

There was no noise. Save for their steps.

She reached out and her hand felt metal, cold and smooth.

Her hand pulled back from the wall and rested against her chest.

The boy and his ghost had stopped, slumped on the ground against a container.

Still standing she tilted her head as she regarded him.

Unlike his ghost companion, he did not seem to be familiar with what came next. There was no great mystery or surprise to be had. They were being driven unendingly towards the only conclusion that had been plotted out from the moment they had awoken.

She could have said something. But there was no point.

Her gaze refocused itself on the depths of the maze and the dim light that shone from within.

"We're already there."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Bunny loved the smell of fire smoke lingering in the air. It reminded her of fall, her favourite season, and of bonfires and of s’mores and of fireflies and of home.

She walked the long walk from the field of flowers all the way to the shipping yard, head up, soaking in the warmth, the smoke drifting past her, making her nose twitch, savouring her last few moments of solitude, the last few moments she’d be seeing most of this island.

She did not, of course, savour them too much. She walked as fast as she could with a leg torn to shreds, and a gun and a harpoon weighing her down, and blood, sweat and tears coating every inch of her body. One could say that she should miss the island; it had, of course, given her the greatest stage possible, the place for her to put herself out there and show everyone who was watching this unfold exactly who Bunny Barlowe was.

As far as Bunny saw it, she’d been running for her life for days now, she stank, the whole place stank, she hadn’t gotten proper food or a bath for a week, everywhere she looked she could see blood and gore, and, y’know, there were a bunch of people she’d really rather hadn’t had to die!

So, no, she was not going to miss this place.

And she wasn’t savouring the solitude, either. A play with just one person was just a monologue, and a vlog without an audience was just… Bunny talking to a camera. Which was just sad and lame! So the sooner she got to the shipping yard, and the sooner she met all the other people still standing, and the sooner they all dropped dead around her so she could escape, the better.

Honestly, she’d only expected half the names on the list to have been there. Wendy, of course, was still alive. She was a psycho, after all, someone who shot first then asked questions never. The biggest threat still standing. Bunny was looking forwards to getting her blood on her hands. Kris, too, wasn’t unexpected. The girl had a few kills to her name, it made sense. But Maxwell and Chuck? Really? Those two? Boo Hat and Stuck-up Brit?

Oh well. That was two people she didn’t have to worry about already. Just another two down, and she was free.

It felt like it took forever to get to the shipping yard. Bunny recognised the feeling. The adrenaline and nerves pumping through her veins. This was what it felt like, waiting in the wings, waiting for your big moment, every second stretched out to an hour.

Oh, man, Bunny freakin’ lived for this shit.

She heard a noise, the moment she stepped into the shadowy corridors of shipping containers, one that caused her to flinch and shrink backwards into the shadows, pressed back against the metal wall. She knew that sound. She’d used that sound. And most recently, in this very same mud splattered labyrinth, that sound had stopped her from killing Kitty, stopped her from giving the poor girl the death she deserved.

Bunny grinned, a snarl of a smile, as she thought once more about putting a bullet into Wendy’s chest.

She wondered whether she’d find Kitty’s body anywhere. She doubted Wendy had the common decency to bury it, whether it be in earth or in water. She couldn’t see it from here. Couple of dead seagulls, but no kitties.

She walked further inwards, sticking to the shadows.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Wham Yubeesling

The sound of the gunshots made his body seize up. Made him think — if only for a second — that he had been found, that he had lost this game already.

And even if the silence after that confirmed that that wasn’t the case, he couldn’t help but find amusement in that hypothetical. Maxwell Lombardi, the man who swore he would beat this game, shot to death literal moments into the final confrontation right after he had figured out how he was going to end this. Maxwell Lombardi, the man who couldn’t keep any of his promises, killed the moment he finally made one with an intention of keeping. There would have been a degree of dissatisfaction about that — there was really no way that dying that way would make him happy — but he supposed that he wouldn’t have been able to feel it. Assuming that whoever fired was a good enough shot, he wouldn’t have even had time to think. The bullet would’ve hit him in the head and he would’ve been done, right then and there.

So he supposed that there was a degree of gratefulness that whoever fired the bullet hadn’t aimed it at him. He supposed that there were thanks to be given to those gunshots, as now he could remind himself not to think about any more useless hypotheticals.

But he chose to leave his courtesies brief. Chose to walk forward across the group of shipping containers, trying to see whoever had opened fire. It took a moment to see through the darkness — the fire had messed with his vision, slightly — but he found her standing above him, soon enough.

Wendy Fischer.

Cheerleader. Bubbly, friendly person. The type of person who was oh-so-easy to talk to, oh so easy to manipulate, back during a time where the social totem pole was the only thing that mattered. Now that he’d been here, now that everything had happened, he knew her for other reasons. Primarily, because she killed Felicia. Partially, because she killed Yumi. Partially, because she killed that other person, that blue-haired girl he’d abandoned Daniel for.

And he’d told himself that there was a specific way he would start this conversation, the moment they finally met. He’d told himself that there was something he would do, something he would say to hold her accountable for what she did, right out of the gate. Now that the moment was here though, now that she was finally looking him in the eyes, he couldn’t quite help but choke, lose those words in the heat of the moment. He opened his mouth. Tried to find the sentence again. Tried to say that statement that would hold her accountable, that would call her out for what she’d done.

He tried his best not to sigh. Accepted that whatever words he had weren’t ever coming back. Decided to bring back the noise the gunshots had taken in a different way.

“You.”
Cake

Post by Cake »

"Who-"

A pause at his entrance below. One quizzical look over her shoulder. Hm. No one there.

Oh. He was talking to-

"Me?"

Her long legs swayed over the lookout's edge as she soaked in the following silence of their moment. The light beep of the device she held, notwithstanding. She continued to hold the sniper gun at her strawberry print, half covered lap, tilting her head. Observing his everything.

"Hello, Maxie."

Wendy's eyes squinted in unison to the softening of her expression.

"Have a seat."

She waved her arm over the setup of her camp. Crates arranged in a way, orderly, around the toasty barrel fire below. Wood and feathers among a few, fueling it's flames. A slight spit rested atop it: the carved, holy verses of Kasumi, blackened a bit, but visible, on its surface that wasn't already burnt in the bonfire, or skewered on the fowl. Roasting.

The latest target of her most recent hunt, wouldn't be a waste either.

She lowered the rifle, looked at the GPS. More blinking dots approaching, although at a much slower pace, much farther away than B02.

"Hungry?"
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Chuck was normally quite rigid and meticulous with how he prayed. It was a rare place in life where he leaned towards being organised and by-the-book, always making sure to methodically tick off everything and everyone that he should be praying for and about, careful to not veer into ranting or quipping or overly embellished gossip, careful to hit every doctrinal requirement his church required.

Which is why he surprised himself so much when he looked up at Kris and let his prayer trail off without an amen.

A forgivable lapse, Chuck was sure, considering the extreme circumstances that had tested his morality and his decency at every turn. So he resisted the temptation to go back into pious repose, and just mumbled a solemn "amen" under his breath. Using the container as a support, he climbed back to his feet. His muscles were aching, days of irregular movement and unusual stress having wearied every fibre of his being. That there was dried mud crusted and plastered over every other joint only further restricted the naturality and ease of movement. Not exactly a promising sign, he glumly noted.

"I guess we are here," he muttered, deciding not to probe further into the somewhat strange phrasing and odd timing of Kris's remarks. For a moment, he thought that perhaps it was some sardonic commentary on his praying, saying that they were already in the afterlife in all but formality, that they had already thrown their chances up in the air for fate to decide. Chuck doubted that. But he didn't dwell on it any further. He couldn't blame Kris if that was the path her mind had gone down. Different ways of coping, after all.

"So, I guess...should we like, try and call for a truce, or address the cameras, or something?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

There was no immediate response. Any suggestion of a possible course of action was to fabricate false hope. She had let him have his moment. If only to assuage him. The unerring push of their surroundings gave them only one direction, one path. They were to go deeper, they had to. If only to finish what they had all started.

If he wanted to take some sanctuary in the trappings of their old lives that was his business.

If it was how he wanted to proceed she had no reason to stop him.

Although, she considered whether he truly understood. His ghost did. It laughed.

She turned away from their path and faced him.

"If it makes you feel better."

There was no judgment, no bite to her words. It was just a statement. Her own view wasn't relevant to what he wanted to do. They had the ability to do anything, up to a point.

The world span and the sun set.

By the time it rose he would understand.

But by then it would be too late.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Bunny was trying really, really, really hard – like, for real, super duper hard – not to make any noise as she snuck along the iron corridors. She was doing everything she could to minimise the sound; keeping her breathing steady, moving slowly but surely, holding onto the harpoon so that it didn’t rattle against the side of the shipping containers.

And that was all going perfect, peachy even, but there was one thing that Bunny had no control over, and that was the sound of her footsteps. She’d figured that walking around down here would have been the stealthier option, compared to stomping and clattering about on top of the crates, but the rain from earlier in the week combined with the shipping yard’s proximity to the coast meant that the ground was just a big gross crisscross of mud pathways. Every other step made a disgusting squelching sound, and Bunny was convinced that any moment now, someone would pop up, all ‘Yaha!’ and fling a dagger into her face because of how much noise she was making.

Worst of all, if there had been any hope of salvaging these shoes before now, the mud had completely dashed those chances. It sucked, she loved these shoes just as much as she loved the rest of her outfit. Well, when the money started rolling in from all the talk show invitations and high-profile magazine interviews, she’d be able to buy, like, 12 pairs of these shoes in no time.

In the end, though, all that worrying turned out to be a moot point. She could hear more noises, echoing through the metallic maze, drowning out her squelching footsteps. The wind, the sound of seabirds, the ocean itself. And voices.

Bunny smiled, and turned to sneak towards where those voices were coming from.

She couldn’t tell what exactly they were saying just yet. But that was okay, she didn’t really need to until she was in shooting range of them. She wasn’t gonna pull the trigger immediately though, where was the fun in that? If she was gonna kill Wendy, which she was, then she was gonna savour her screaming first. So! She was gonna walk until she could hear the words being spoken, and then she was gonna wait to see what the other four were actually planning on doing. And then, after that?

Bunny’s smile grew, and she was barely able to stop herself from humming merrily.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Wham Yubeesling

“I don’t know.”

He took a step forward, right to the edge of the shipping container. He looked down, saw the drop it would take to reach the next container (or rather, the middle step between the ground and where he was currently standing) and moved to sit, ease himself downwards. It was true that he could just take a step off — the fall didn’t look bad enough to break his legs, or anything — but he figured that care was appropriate in this situation, if only so that the already injured leg wouldn’t start hurting again. With that in mind, now that he was sat, he made his move. He placed his hands against the side of the container and pushed, slowly eased his body off and dropped a much lesser height. His leg still ached, moaned for a second, but that pain was easy to push aside, so much lesser than it could have been.

Wendy was still there when he looked up towards her container, again. To be honest, he hadn’t felt a need to place her in his mind as he talked. Now that the words had come back to him, he hadn’t quite felt a need to think about what he was going to say.

“Given your cooking is responsible for my friend’s death, I’d be inclined to say no to your offer.”
Cake

Post by Cake »

Momentary sadness. Pursed lips.

Light-bulb.

"Well Maxwell, you've figured it out," she spoke carefully, limberly rolling backward and rose to her feet. Cheer style. "Guess I'll have to use - this - instead."

The Dragunov was now eye level as she set the crosshair in his direction once again. "Goodbye Maxie."

Another loud roar thundered through the area. Another one for the pile.

"Just kidding!"

The freshly red on white carcass dropped from the air with a thud and clang on metal atop the container B02 had climbed down from a mere few moments before. Gotcha this time.

"You think, that I- " Eyes rolled briefly, looking upward, appreciating the stars in that split second; their mutual friend up there somewhere. She shook her head, beaming for a second in 'delight-enment.' "Ha, so paranoid. If I wanted to, I would have when I saw you, on that container, way over there. I've been practicing."

"But I don't. She was my friend too. She told me of all the terrible things that happened and she told me how you were trying to help her."

Wendy put the firearm down and let the thought trail and linger. She sat on the blue cooler she had always kept close by, instead of directly at the picnic camp below. Speaking of: the roast was nice, a better smell than had anticipated, concerning the source. She was hopeful that it was a campfire dish that her daddy would have appreciated. Her best cooking buddy, William Lohman - would have definitely approved.

"Are you sure?" arching a brow, to re-extend the offer. "If not, make yourself at home. Plenty seats by the cozy fire. I got some bread and bars left too. Didn't cook those. Just don't touch the soup tin."

Blipping numbered dots on the GPS radar continued to shift along the interface, as G29 looked on with a sneer through clenched teeth.

"It’s for someone else."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Kris wasn't exactly being helpful. Chuck climbed to his feet as she spoke, scanning her features for anything more, something that would betray some emotion or some intent, whether benign or malicious, just something to go on, some sign that maybe they could share a few last macabre jokes or try and have one last conversation reminiscent of the old world before the chaos inevitably began.

Chuck was craving that. Just...something. An idle gossip, a nerdy chat about interests, even some crude gallows humour banter about their morbid circumstances. Just something to remind him of the lives they had lost. He needed that, really. A sort of motivation, to remind himself that this wasn't all in vain, that this chaos was an anomaly rather than the norm, that there was a lifestyle worth protecting by denying the terrorists the moral victory of them all senselessly killing each other. He couldn't believe that Kris, who had had countless opportunities to kill him (or at least believe she had the chance to jump him) and hadn't seized upon them, was incapable of that.

His need didn't even need to be justified in such ideological terms. He sort of did want just one last laugh, one last chuckle, whether it was derived from morosely contemplating their dire circumstances or setting the clock back and ignoring the reality of the past few days for just one final moment. In a flicker of anger, as Chuck found there was nothing in her features to give him hope, Chuck was angry at her for this. He quickly shelved that thought. Knew it to be selfish and somewhat moronic. But the craving remained.

He straightened up. She was noticeably taller than him. About four inches, Chuck guessed. Maybe three if you counted the Boo ears as part of Chuck's height. Funny that. He hadn't really had time to reflect on his height, but now that he thought about it...

"I think I'm the shortest one here."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

More words that meant nothing. He spoke a lot without truly speaking she was learning. The silence needed filling, it wasn't allowed to sit. His nerves perhaps, or maybe he was scared of the truth they faced. She supposed he wasn't stupid enough to not know how everything was going to end. No matter how he may have acted.

The true thoughts hid away, floating just beneath their conscious mind, waiting for the moment they could surface. To become true feelings given form and freedom. As much freedom as their situation allowed.

Gazing down at his eyes she analyzed him for a moment.

Then there was another gunshot, louder than the last. The ghost of it echoed around the metal of the containers, giving them an extended song as it passed.

She turned away and looked at the glimmer of flame in the distance. Their gathering point, she assumed.

Every path leading towards the one location, where they would begin to play out the finale.

Her feet started moving and her hand raised to brush against the cold metal that flanked on.

"Come on. You can be short with the others."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

It was warmer over here. Colder, cold, to warm and warmer. Closer and closer to what she needed to find. Who she needed to find.

It was nice at first, feeling the sudden increase of heat, the more she walked in her current direction! She wasn’t exactly feeling cold anymore, even with her clothes more tatters than garments at this point, but again, it was that feeling like she was sitting around a bonfire; all warm and safe and happy and at home.

But as she drew nearer, she began to hear the distinctive crackling of flames, and little pieces of ash drifted past her, and her mind flashed back to waking up in the cottage and seeing Wendy where the other two should have been, Wendy holding her guns, her weapons, forcing her to escape, to turn back, and see Wendy’s face wreathed in the flames.

Bunny scowled, a face like thunder, hand tightening round the grip of her gun.

Then, for a brief second, as the crack of the sniper rifle echoed throughout the shipping yard and Bunny bit her tongue to stop herself from screaming, she thought she’d actually managed to break her weapon in half out of sheer pissed-offness. Which was dumb! And would have been super dumb if she actually had done so!! But not quite as dumb as screaming in fear in a tight, enclosed area where everyone was out for, or SHOULD be out for, your blood!!!

But she’d had enough of making dumb little mistakes, dumb little mistakes that had almost gotten her wounded or beaten or killed. Now, it was time for super serious Bunny to take the victory that was rightfully hers, and she wasn’t gonna take a wrong step on her way towards it. There would be time for screaming and regret later, and there would be no crying until it was all over. And the only crying she was gonna be doing? Tears of joy. Oh yeah.

And speaking of dumb…

Bunny still didn’t have any evidence that it was Wendy who’d fired the shot, the same shot that had stopped her from being the one to kill Kitty. And she didn’t have any evidence at all that it was Wendy who’d started the fire she could smell only a few metres away. But you know what? They were both loud and annoying and stupid and pissing her the fuck off, so she was gonna blame them both on Wendy.

Either way, this was where everything was gonna go down. A big old fire, a loud noise to act as a signal. This was where it would all kick off.

Bunny leaned back against one of the metal containers, waiting for the ringing in her ears to go away as she looked around for a way to get up without being seen.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “The Shipping Yard (Endgame)”