Puff, Puff, Pass

Phase 1 (0-12 Hours), Closed; Bowser tag

The dwellings found on the western side of the settlement were occupied by the poorer denizens of the town. These buildings tend to be low, small, densely-packed, and in questionable states of repair. Those that are more than one story tend to be divided into apartments, and were probably largely tenanted by sailors and dockworkers. The architecture is largely bare stucco and wood, and roofs are mostly flat. Gardens, when present, are small and poorly-maintained. Many of the buildings were clearly shared by many inhabitants, evidenced by extremely efficient layouts and numerous beds. The light here is poor, and there are a number of alleys and tight spaces suitable to concealment... or ambush. In the Prologue this area has no thread limit, so long as threads do not contradict each other.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Puff, Puff, Pass

Post by The Honeless Beard »

The tightly rolled paper bulged and molded to the shape of the greenery within. It was tightly held between cracked lips, framed by a smattering of dirty blonde beard, a lighter firmly grasped in one hand, knuckles bruised and bloody, the memory of their activity pasted upon the plaster wall above his head.

His torso, encased in a black USA t-shirt, leaned heavily against the wall as he flicked the lighter on, brought it to the tip of the rolled joint that he'd tucked into his back pocket when they'd grabbed him. It had been crushed when he'd sat down in the classroom and been called forwards, but it was nothing a little extra paper and saliva couldn't straighten out. More to burn, anyway.

Joe brought flame to tip, inhaled slowly, and exhaled reverently, joint gently held between thumb and forefinger as crisp white smoke floated from parted teeth, lazily dissipating into the air around his backwards ball cap, his blonde curls spilling out from underneath it. Just as lazily, he directed his blue gaze to the girl on his left, sitting against the wall in a position similar to his.

"Your turn?" he asked, offering the joint.
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

The young girl, petite and frail as could be, could only watch as the boy brought the rolled piece of paper to his lips. Eyeing every step he took as he expertly went through the motions. Sitting in her faded blue dress, years of use shown in the small stitch marks that dotted it, she looked on in wonder as he exhaled the white cloud who's aroma quickly filled the room around them before he quickly offered her a try.

"Sure." she said, taking the once so terrifying substance into her hand.

Biting her lip, he looked on at the joint curiously, inspecting it as she held it like the boy did prior. This couldn't be too hard. Just suck it in, breath it out, and pass it back. Easy, right? But even as her teeth let go of their death grip on her bottom lip it took her a few seconds to finally press the thing against her lips and suck lightly on the joint.

It only took another second for Casey to begin coughing out the smoke from her lungs, expelling it like a tenant whom was well over a year behind on their rent.

"Fuck." She said, clearly not expecting her body to give that kind of response, as she passed the joint back to the boy. "How do you even smoke this thing?"
The Honeless Beard

He was laughing as she hacked, shaking his head as he reached towards his side, hand touching the thing they had both talked about, the thing that had lead to them leaning against the wall in this shithole of a house.

"You gotta cough to get off," he said, shaking his head, his free hand grabbing the joint and inhaling himself. The end of the joint fell off and he huffed out an annoyed breath, re-lighting the paper to take a long drag.

Again, he leaned back, exhaled outwards and upwards, watching the smoke settle in a haze. His gaze lead towards the garbage can across the room, the memory of metal hitting the bottom - twenty-two little metal clinks out of a box of twenty-four - ringing in his head.

"It takes some practice. You'll get it in time."
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

"If you say so." She said, taking the joint back into her hand yet again. Taking another drag of the wretched thing, she managed to make it at least a moment before needing to let out a series of smaller, weaker coughs than the ones prior. She then quickly blew what smoke remained near her face away in a vain attempt to keep the ever growing cloud away from her.

Moving her ginger hair out of her face, gently pushing it back behind her ear with her free hand, the girl couldn't help but to wonder how the hell this guy had actually roped her into this. Truthfully she still had no idea why she even agreed to this in the first place. The idea itself was insane and actually doing it seemed beyond any rational thought. But yet, here they were. Leaning against some banged up wall, their plan already decided.

"How'd you even get this stuff in here anyway?" She asked curiously, passing the joint back to the boy.
The Honeless Beard

"It was in my back pocket," Joe said, taking the joint and letting it dangle from his fingers. Such a simple answer, it almost seemed absurd.

"Didn't take it from me, I guess. Better things to worry about."

The corner of his mouth lifted, then fell back to its position as he tapped on the joint, raised it to his lips, and inhaled. Half done now, halfway there, and he'd had more than his share of pot. But she was taking tiny little puffs, and he figured she wouldn't mind if he got a little more baked than her near the end.

This time, he coughed as he exhaled, long, deep, racking coughs as he handed it back to her, covering his mouth with his free hand.

In that hand was a revolver, pointed at the ground.

Only two of the chambers were full.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

Casey could only shrug in response as she took the joint back into her hand.

"I don't know, not really much for us to worry about at this point."

Steeling herself for the reaction her body would have, she took another puff of the rapidly shrinking joint. This time, by some miracle, she actually managed to blow some of the smoke into the air around them before letting out two light coughs about half way through.

Cursing under her breath, she handed the joint back to the boy before leaning her head back against the wall. Her eyes looking into the smoke that was slowly taking over the area around them.

"You uh..." She started, concern clear in her voice. "You sure you want to go through with this?"
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

"You sure you want to go through with this?"

Suddenly, after she asked that question, it began to play over and over in her head. Doubt quickly followed.

Could she actually do this? Should she just give up and end it all here and now?

No. She couldn't.

Even if her chances of survival were slim, or even non existent, she still couldn't do it.

"... Actually, you know what. I'm sorry I... I can't do this."

She quickly got up, grabbed her bag, and left the room. Rushing out of the house as quickly as she could.

[Casey Tjarks continued in Huge boats. With guns. Gun boats.]
Mini_Help

Post by Mini_Help »

Joe let her go.

You sure you want to do this? Well, shit, that was the question, wasn’t it? Casey found her answer, and he wasn’t gonna take it from her.

Left more for him, anyway.

Joe smoked the joint down, nice and slow, until the cherry-red glow of the lit end threatened his fingertips. He let it go past that point, just enough to promise a blister from the burn later.

He didn’t have to worry about later.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Wasn’t very exciting playing Russian Roulette all by yourself, but eventually he got lucky.

M50 JOE KEMPF: DECEASED

Return to “Western Dwellings (Prologue)”