Someday We Won't Remember This

Phase 3 (25-36 Hours), The founding of Dogtown; open

The Casa del Diablo is a one-story brick pub located a short walk away from the dwellings. It once functioned as the social center of its area, a place for fishermen to drink, unwind and relax when the day was done. Other than the art on the walls depicting aspects of Mexican folklore and the lanterns and flags hanging from the ceiling, the pub looks like a fairly normal establishment. There's a bar with a shelf of empty bottles behind it, chairs and tables sprinkled throughout the room, and a number of rubbish bins. In addition to this, an acoustic grand piano is located in one of the corners of the room, which, although slightly off-tune, still produces music when played. Behind the bar itself is a door leading to the storeroom, which is full of of empty crates and barrels with more bottles strewn around on the floor, and features a back exit into an alleyway.
Iceblock

Post by Iceblock »

"Sure." The word left her lips as the last reflection of the echo, so quiet that Sylvia knew that it would never reach Edward's ears.

In a way she felt almost like she had to say it, for herself if no one else. It felt right to finish the echo, in the same silly way that the ambiguity of Leo calling Edward "buddy" when Buddy was also in the room bothered her.

That wasn't to say she didn't agree. She had given Edward some thought of her own, a little suspicion, a little distrust (anybody who said "honestly" had probably already in some way considered being dishonest), but in the end she stood with the others.

She was behind the bar now, having crossed the room while the others had busied themselves with chairs and begun handling Edward's intrusion. Her dim reflection stared back at her from inside the glass of an empty bottle.

Most likely, she would still betray them all in the end. For a future she didn't particularly want. Just so that some sort of future would exist for her.

But for now, continuing as they were felt right too. If there was no pleasant future waiting for her, at least there was still the present - protection and order and belonging in a cause she had chosen to support. For now, they could hold out together. For now, she could want to stay like this as long as it lasted.

((Sylvia Veneski continued in so this is the part where we test the forum software by making a title way too long))
This signature intentionally left blank.
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Edward heard the strong, mutually agreed affirmative from the people inside, but he himself was not so confident. His hand rested on the doorknob, but he was not ready to open it yet.

Edward didn’t expect such a positive response. After all, this was The Program, the event where they all kill each other. While Edward had doubts about trusting the group, at the same time, they had no reason to trust him either, espically with his bow. He’s heard stories of people letting them have a bit of shelter, and then killing them in their sleep. If Edward was going to die, then he wasn’t about to let someone break his trust. No, he was going to die on his own choice.

Still, he despite him knowing how to handle a bow and being somewhat patriotic, Edward knew about his reputation. He wasn’t a rebel, nor a kind of make enemies, they would trust HIM, right?

I know it’s impossible to be too safe, but if they wanted to kill me, then I would be either standing over a few bodies by now, or be one myself.

Could it be the promise of food? No, wait, they could have just stolen his supplies. He had been rationing his food very harshly: Only at a quarter of the bread and water, and hadn’t touched the sardines or MRAs. He hated to share his food, but he had to deliver on his promise, and took out a MRA. Besides, they had doughnuts, a fair trade. Suger might help him get his energy back, because he looked half-dead right now.

Opening the door, he took a deep breath and walked in.
“Thanks for letting me stay, you all, really. Anyone for a chicken and sardine sandwich?”
And despite his earlier fears, he felt safe. Miracles didn’t exist, but this was close to one.

(Edward Taylor continued in so this is the part where I forgot what the thread name is)
[+] Characters
SOTF-TV V3: (Relationship Thread Here)

Chris Tyrrell - Currently working at What can I fix you with?

The Program V3:

Lucy Arkwright -- Currently dreaming in Sing Us A Song; You're The Piano Man
Molly McKenzie -- Currently looking death in the eye in The Seagull

The Program V2.5:

Edward Taylor -- Currently rescued in...And An Ending.
[+] Art
I have an art thread! But it's closed until the 15th
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

And that was that. Fortunately Leo's stomach didn't start acting up again audibly at the mention of food, but dang. He could go for a sandwich.

There were questions, maybe always would be, about someone else's intentions and whether they were planning ahead for whatever might come. Leo probably could have questioned his own intent in that regard. He had said what he'd said, and he had meant it, about not being the kind of person that the Program wanted. Would he still believe it enough to hold on at the very end, though?

He wanted to think that he would. He didn't want to end up talking himself out of it either just by overthinking, so... well, that just left doing, didn't it?

So Leo smiled again at Edward, whom he didn't really know, and got to properly stacking the furniture in the door this time. He didn't really know any of them. All the names he would have considered friends, he had heard as dead and dying on the announcements.

Sanctuary wasn't about friendship. Just finding your peace for a little while, if you could.

((Leo Menendez continued in so this is the part where i regret letting yugi name the thread))

Return to “Casa del Diablo (Prologue)”