It's Kind of Like a Wasteland

Once upon a time, the quarry, located in the island's western side, was the source of almost all human activity on the island. Now, the large, jagged rock formation stands as a monument to the abandoned aspirations of the miners. A large portion of it has been cleared, and the face is climbable. There are lots of indentations along the face from dynamite blasts and other mining activity, some of which terminate a few yards in and others of which continue far deeper, even in some cases connecting with the tunnels
Aura

Post by Aura »

Oh shit.

Adonis had to process what Kyran was telling him, because it was seriously blowing his mind. If he was right, then that meant that Adonis had run into KK. Hell, more than that. Adonis had been shot at by her. And KK was a killer, so that meant that he had encountered someone who was totally willing to kill and went through with killing, and somehow got away. His eyes slowly grew wider as his mouth gradually fell agape, like the news was hitting him in installments instead of all at once.

"... Holy fuck, dude."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Holy fuck.

((Jason Andrews continues from Falling Back to the Earth))

When Jason had started out his plan to get off the island, he'd envisioned himself in several roles. A leader, maybe. A sneak, probably. A survivalist, most definitely. A player, not very likely. All roles which appealed to him, roles he had a say over.

His current role was a new one - slasher movie victim.

Jason couldn't tell how long Clio had been chasing him - he'd barely done anything yet she'd already snapped and was trying to end his life. What the shit? This wasn't the Clio he knew. This wasn't even the Clio he broke up with. It'd been like a day and she was already insane - he'd given himself even better odds than that.

The point where he could just pull out his gun and ward her off was long since gone. If she was chasing him halfway across the island with a machete intent on gutting him like a trout, she wasn't going to be stopped by a gun he had no intention of using or actual way of implementing. He pretty much had to rely on one set of factors; he was an athlete, she was a clothesmaker, and he probably had more stamina than her. She had to get tired soon.

'Soon' was the operative word there. 'Had' was similarly important, because he really had no idea what insane people were capable of, and there was only so far he could run in his current clothing.

As he rounded a large rock pile in his near sprint, he felt his left foot linger for too long. It tangled with his right and sent him flying through the air like a failed balancing act, throwing his bag towards a quarry wall and himself to the ground shoulder-first. His skin didn't make contact with the ground, thank god, grazing was the worst injury he could think of right now, but he felt a large tear down the side of his navy jacket. Fuck. This thing cost like $800.

GET A NEW ONE AT HOME.

Right. Not important. But he had to get up. Clio was still close behind.

As he stumbled to his feet, he saw people, sitting on some rocks, seemingly in the middle of a conversation. Not just any people either, sports team people. One of them was Adonis - he could take or leave Adonis in real life but given he wasn't going postal on another person right now he was as friendly and open as he could hope for. The other was Kyran. Fuck yeah, Kyran, best bro material right there, and that looked like a fucking gun near him as well.

First thing was first though - Make sure they were gonna help him. If not, he had to keep running.

"HELP! SHE'S FUCKING INSANE!" he yelled as he ran towards his classmates. As he stumbled forward, he stripped off his ruined jacket, balled it into a heap and threw it at the corner he came from where Clio would soon turn up.

He really hoped they'd help him - if he had to keep running, he wasn't sure how he was going to get his bag back.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

((Clio Gabriella continued from Falling Back To The Earth))

Clio wasn't a runner, sure, but what she lacked in trained speed she made up for in stamina.

Jason was a baseball player, or something, so he could sprint. He'd gotten a little bit of a lead, but Clio picked people up and got slammed against the ground for fun. She could catch him in the long run.

Fuck this guy. She hated him, she hated him so fucking much.

Keeping pace was getting hard, but as she kept up the pursuit, Jason fucked up. Lucky bastard didn't stay down long, though, and he whipped around the stone barrier with surprising agility.

Even if he was fast, falling down like that had to slow you down a little. Clio turned the corner, machete raised-

The flash of his blue jacket was met with a reflexive swing with the sword. She took a moment to realize it was just his jacket, but it did little to calm her down even though she'd ripped a massive hole into it.

Clio looked up from the jacket, and spotted Jason. Unfortunately, she spotted Jason standing between her and two people. Kyran was here, for some reason, and-

Adonis? How the fuck did he get here? There was no way the island was this small. What the fuck.

Clio froze.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Adonis may have still been processing the probably identity of Gun Girl, but that didn't stop him from noticing Jason Andrews taking a hell of a spill from around the corner. And if that hadn't already caught his attention, then he way he started screaming and tearing off his jacket would have done the trick. The dude was totally freaking out, and Adonis didn't really like the fact that he was running right up to him and Kyran.

Not too far behind Jason was... wait, was that Clio? Holy shit it was, and she had a machete! And not only that, but she was charging straight at Jason, which by proxy meant that she was coming for them as well. Adonis was a bit too shocked by the suddenness of all of this to act, but his mind was certainly running.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit...

By some miracle, Clio stopped running at them and just sort of... stood there, staring at them. Jason was staring at her as well, and Adonis just didn't know what the fuck. He held out his hands in bafflement and disbelief, first towards Jason, then towards Clio, before just letting them hang in the air and summing up the situation in the most concise manner he was capable of using.

"... The fuck is this?"
Cake

Post by Cake »

When Jason turned the corner screaming bloody murder about an insane girl, the first thing Kyran could think of besides, 'holy crap', or that his baseball teammate had just run over to them, was that it was Gun Girl — K.K just around the quarry corner, chasing Jason to where they were, in the most fatefully messed up case of 'speak of the devil' he could personally think, or maybe Tina Luz back for vengeance of fallen branches.

Except no, out of all girls, turns out it was Clio Gabriella, waving a machete in the air, cutting up Jason's jacket looking ready to do the same to Jason.

He would have shot up to his feet if it was any other day, but Kyran was still feeling sickly, with blood still crusting the inside of his sore nose thanks to Adonis' hit first ask questions later attitude response, and the fact that he was barely hydrated. His hydro flask would have been nice to have about now, because headaches sucked. Still he had to focus on the potentially immediate life-threatening occurrence happening this very moment.

A second of pause for thought. The new weapons involved in the scenario had to be taken out of the equation for there to be any constructive explanation without worry of someone getting hurt. Sure, last time things went to worst with Tina, but seeing as he had the advantage of long range, this time, Kyran opted to add his two cents once again.

"Whoa - drop it."

Kyran had the AK47 in hand, not specifically pointed at anyone, but still readily apparent for all to see. He was still a seat atop the rock, ready to say something, but Adonis already had his hands raised, taking charge of the encounter.

"... what he said."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Jason's feet rooted themselves to the ground as he saw the gun move to Kyran's hands. For a split second, a split second he could have spent bolting in another direction, he thought the worst had come of Kyran and now he was paying the price. But instead, they spoke up, asking questions.

The easy kind of questions, shit. The kind he could fake the answers to and not have to feel bad about. Besides, he looked like a victim here. Well, he was, kind of - he'd been the one to provoke Clio into chasing him, he'd been the one insulting the vapid bitch's look and a girl he supposed was her friend, but you don't fucking chase real people with machetes. Maybe if you're taking down a terrorist unit in Counter-Strike, maybe, but not here, not now. It was all her fault, not Jason's.

"The fuck am I supposed to know? I just said hi and she tried to kill me! Chasing me across half the fucking island!"

His hands were gesturing painful stabs towards the girl, as though the point could not be made without a clear reminder of who she was. Clio Gabriella, the girl with the machete, chasing Jason Andrews, the boy with nothing. At least, nothing that they knew of. He was now the victim of a hostile makeover courtesy of the ground and that bitch with her machete, he could fill in the specifics later, if they asked.

They'd be his own specifics though.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

Okay, bad timing.

Jason was such a scumbag, thinking he could disrespect her and Panya and make it her fault. She wanted to fuck him up. She didn't even want him to die, at least not yet. She was still trembling, she could almost feel his bones as they snapped under her foot. Stomp him into the dirt and leave him to cry. Son of a bitch.

Fuming wasn't going to solve her problem, though. Kyran and Adonis weren't assholes, but they also only had her and Jason to go off of. And it'd be hard to prove her righteousness when she was the one chasing him.

Fuck this whole thing. So unfair. He deserved to be the one with the gun trained on him. But as much as she hated it, she couldn't do anything about it without getting shot. That would not help anything.

Clio raised her hands, glanced upward in exasperation, and turned away to start walking briskly out of the quarry. She'd need to find something else to do. Whatever that would include. Before she left though, she wanted to throw back one last quip. It made no difference, but it might make her feel a bit better.

"Her name was Panya, asshole."

Shit, that didn't help much at all.

((Clio Gabriella continued in Why don't you have wings to fly with like the swallow so proud and free?))
Aura

Post by Aura »

Well... there she went. Clio just sauntered off into the distance, out off their hair without any sort of fight. It wasn't really the way that Adonis had expected this little episode to end, but considering the alternatives, he definitely wasn't complaining.

But that still left them with Jason, just standing there between him and Kyran, having freshly escaped from Clio for whatever the hell reason she was chasing him in the first place. It would probably be kinda hard to keep on talking strategy with a third guy just standing around. Clio turning around and yelling back at them again didn't really do much to get the wheels turning either.

He remained in place, knocking his heels lightly against his rock. Once Clio was officially no longer in sight, Adonis asked a question that had just popped into the forefront of his mind.

"The hell did you do to Panya, man?"

Hey, he needed to be informed. He couldn't just let any guy walk into their planning session, after all.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Jason felt his heartbeat fall lower as Clio gave up and walked away. Good, he didn't need that kind of stress in his life.

Once she was out of sight, Jason's knees fell out from under him and he toppled ass-first onto the stone and gravel. It wasn't the most elegant performance he'd ever given, but considering all the circumstances they were involved in it's not like he actually cared enough to stop it from happening. The endgoal here wasn't looking his best, so it didn't really matter in the long run.

And now Adonis wanted to know what the hell was up with Panya. Of course, it always came back to Panya, just like in life - even when she was dead, everything had to be about her.

"I didn't do shit. She was... she was with her body when I found her."

Jason dusted his hands off on his pants.

"I dunno what the hell was going through her mind. I had nothing to do with any of that."

He looked back in the direction of his arrival and saw his bag leaning against the quarry wall.

"Wait up a sec."

Jason stood up from his position on the ground, re-orientated himself, and slowly jogged over to his bag. The closer he got to the giant mound of rocks to his right, the slower he made himself - he was not letting himself become open to a Clio sneak attack if he could afford to. Eventually, he scooped his bag back up and returned to Adonis and Kyran. Before they could talk again, however, Jason interrupted.

"Hold up."

He unzipped his bag, showcasing his sword to the world, and fumbled around for a bottle of water. He found one, pulled it out, and sculled it quickly and greedily without pause. The moment he was done, he tossed it to the side.

"Sorry. Needed that. She's been chasing me for ages."

Jason ran his left hand through his unkempt hair, looking at the the other two.

"What about you guys? I mean, what've you been up to, obviously Clio wasn't chasing you, I meant like how've you been and stuff."
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Cake

Post by Cake »

Kyran watched the events unfold, glad it resolved itself on its own in surprisingly quick fashion like that. Clio had some ambiguous parting words and simply ran away. He laid back a bit again on the relatively smooth surface of his rock, then shaded his eyes.

Whatever.

So over it.

There was some talk, between the other two boys. Kyran merely listened in the background. It was nice to have someone on the "looking for" list show up without even trying. He hoped this would continue to be the case on his way through the landscape toward an eventual home-base.

Then the worst thing happened. His baseball teammate had gone off briefly and come back with his supplies on hand. Kyran silently watched in secret agony as Jason slurped up the bottled water, gulping down chugs at a time, dusting off every last drop, smacking his lips briskly and discarding the plastic container to the side. Somewhere midway through it all, Kyran had looked away, at the sky or rocks or something. The dry itch, sticking the sides of his throat coarsely together, more apparent than before.

At this moment in time, he was hating Jason. Still, he kept to himself, until Jason began addressing them with questions.

"Making plans," Kyran responded, grounded and minimal as usual. Only now, this hostage situation, was forcing him to be more thorough and elaborate.

"Forming a list of dangerous S.O.B's to keep out, once I find a home-base, with this asshole, over here."

He glanced over at Adonis, still somewhat PO'd about the bloody nose earlier and the huge tackle-sacking from yesterday.

"Tina, Blaine, K.K, Rachael, Saachi and Jay are the ones we know for sure are trouble, from first-hand experience. Killers from the lead terrorist's announcement are tentative, but on there. Just can't be sure what happened for each one there." It was the same spiel as with Natali and most recently Adonis. No time to waste. Even if Jason was a baseball friend, he needed to hear it too. Kyran Dean needed as much information as he could get.

"Not sure, what happened with Clio, unless maybe someone who met her before her attack, knows what's up."

Just like with Natali before, Kyran paused. The situation with Clio was too strange, especially when she left without much fireworks. Voice level, he spoke again.

"Yo, you're not planning to join that list, are you bro?"
Aura

Post by Aura »

Watching Jason chug down a bottle of water reminded Adonis of how nice it would be to have a bag of supplies all to his own instead of having to share with some asshole who dropped his bag in the middle of nowhere. But of course, since said asshole was carrying around an AK-47, he wasn't going to say any of that out loud. At the same time, he managed to catch a glimpse of something shiny in Jason's bag. He tried to lean over to get a better look, but he wasn't at a good enough angle to really get a nice view.

Huh. Better remember that for later.

Things continued on with Kyran giving the details about what they had just been going over before the machete parade came through. Adonis made sure to give a one-fingered salute in response to being called an asshole, which was pretty rich coming from the guy who was dumb enough to sneak up on someone in a spooky warehouse. But really, there wasn't much else that he could add that Kyran hadn't already gone over. Find the good guys, stay away from the bad guys, and get some shelter. Easy enough to understand.

"Yeah, pretty much." Adonis stretched his arms to keep his muscles from getting stiff. "So we're gonna be cool, yeah?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Kyran and Alba seemed to have some sort of working thing going on. They were working together, and it seemed to be working. He had no idea how long they'd been together, if everything they were talking about was true, but they were just sharing it blindly with him without really expecting anything in return from him, not that he actually had anything.

Jason wasn't going to share much himself, but it was good to get help. He wasn't normally someone who admitted he needed it, and he was not going to admit it now, but it was nice to not have to look out for himself for a few moments.

He nodded occasionally at their comments and spiels, until he realized it was his time to add something into the mix.

"What? Oh, no, no way man, shit I can't kill someone. That's just...no way. I'm cool with you guys, I'm completely cool."

In Jason's life, he'd never been particularly good at reading the room. That's what happens when your social development is stunted by crippling introversion and social anxiety, it takes a while to learn things that other kids already know and flaunt at you. But he'd realized by the end of his sentence that Kyran and Alba were giving him a place in their group.

He could live with this, even if it was just a temporary fix. Every reason he had to leave Amanda applied the same to Kyran, even moreso since Kyran was a guy, but he knew by the time it came down to the wire that he'd be strong enough to do it without the cover of rest. If he wasn't going to be strong enough, then he never deserved to make it out of here in the first place.

So he was going to stay with Adonis Alba and Kyran Dean, for now.

"Alright, so...yeah. What'd you guys have planned next? Hanging around here, or finding some other place?"

((Jason Andrews continues elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Where do we go now?"

Adonis went back to his map. There were a few places that he and Kyran had been considering, but he didn't remember if they had really figured out where exactly they were going to go. He scratched his head and held the map at an angle, not really accomplishing anything aside from giving the impression that he was trying to look at it from another angle. However, his hands were just sort of moving on their own while he tried to figure out what they were supposed to do next.

"Well, we were just thinking about getting out of here." He repeated what he could remember in the simplest way possible. "So yeah, it couldn't hurt to get out of here. You ready, man?"

That last bit was directed at Kyran as Adonis stood up from his rock. He made sure that his bag was in its proper place by his side before returning his gaze to the map for a moment. Truth be told, he couldn't really tell which way was which from their current situation, so he just decided to start walking in the direction opposite from where they had just seem Clio storm off.

"All right, this way."

Man, I hope we don't get lost.

((Adonis Alba continued elsewhere...))
Cake

Post by Cake »

Alright so, they wanted to leave right now, like right this second.

Darn, he was just starting to feel comfortable too. Wasn't looking forward to traversing through the landscape again, but that was part of the plan wasn't it. Find some folks, get a base, keep the bad guys out and figure out what to do from there about the trapped on an undisclosed area by terrorists’ part of the equation.

Looks like Adonis was to be the compass, the navigator for their new little team. That was fine by him, meant less work, less energy, he'd just follow close behind. Keep watch from the rear, just in case, rather than be in the front and risk a stab in the back. Not that he didn't trust them, just couldn't be so sure yet. With his reply, Jason still felt like the same bright-eyed kid from back home, so Kyran was fine by that. Dude was on his "to find" list after all.

He'd bring it up to him on the way. About the names like Kris Hartman, Chuck Soileaux, Michael Crowe, Paris Ardennes, Roy Benson, Brandon Baxter and Johnny Lancer. Heck anyone friendly and not aiming to go crazy and do what these sickos wanted them to do, would do and would be welcome.

Kyran lifted himself to his feet slowly, stretching his long limbs into the air, inducing a few faint cracks at the joints as well as his neck, when he tilted it side to side. He yawned, feeling the dry air of the quarry stinging against the roof of his mouth, the coarseness of his throat, his chapped and flaking bottom lip tearing at the sensitive area he'd gotten stitched, still visibly healing from Adonis' lunch room punch which felt like all that time ago. He scratched at the crusted blood at his nostril from just earlier today at the memory of the most recent punch and sighed.

It felt a little strange standing again after having sat for a while, almost like he was a bit groggy, muscles feeling slightly fatigued, but not something he wasn't used to, with the many sports and skateboarding Kyran Dean had done throughout his life-time, so it was nothing. He just needed to get a move on again and it would probably be better.

He lifted the carrying case with his ammo and the AK47, placing it over his shoulder and nodded with a blank, tired expression at the other guys. Time for some more island traveling adventures, he figured.

Mood:

"Whatever."

[[Kyran Dean Continued To: We're Mostly Made of Water.]]

Return to “The Quarry”