Shoulder of Orion

PM for Entry

Ice cold and deep enough to lose your depth easily, swimming here is not recommended. Just a little north of the inhabited areas, it's clear from the decayed boat shed built on its edge that the lake was once used for fishing, likely by miners in their off hours. There are even a number of small rowing boats present, though the majority of them are rotted to the point of being unusable.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Kyran was there. After everything he did, he was still there for him. You know what? He was right too. They did save some lives. People were still going home... Even if it weren't them. Maybe... Maybe this wasn't so bad.

"We... We really did a number on her, didn't we? How many people... how many people can say they've seen someone get punched so hard their head exploded? How many people can say they've done it?"

Michael rolled on his back again, and turned to look at Kyran. Goddamn, he really wasn't scared at all. He had nothing to worry about, nothing to fear. He was in the same position as Michael, but he wasn't worried one bit about it. He was calm because... He was right. It was plain and simple. They did their jobs. Kyran knew better, and that's why he wasn't afraid.

They had spent their last days doing their best to fight on the side of good and vanquish evil. Sure, they were dying now, but it didn't mean they lost. People were still going to make it out. Hell, the entire island was still on fire; he could see the smoke in the distance. Someone would see it. Someone would save the others...

They had spend their last days together, fighting for what's right, only because it was right. Even better, they did it together, as a team, as friends. That was something they had experienced. None of them left had to experience being alone anymore. They always had each other to fall back on, they'd always help each other if they needed it.

"Damn smiley face, though... To be honest, I didn't think anyone would catch on. I figured that... I figured that instead of making a message so small only we could read, I made one so big only someone far away could see it. Hope it works."

What if it doesn't though... What if knowing their luck, that all of this was for nothing and that they fucked up and it didn't really matter in the end. Michael tried to think of anything to counter that argument, but really, he couldn't. They did their best. Fuck it.

"K-Kyran... Can I be honest with you?"

After everything he's experienced, after all the killing, the deaths, the pain, the tortures, all that nasty shit... After all of it, Michael realized that he had... well, fuck...

"After all the shit that's happened... Call me fucked up if you want but... To be honest, I had fun..."

Michael's eyes watched the pattern of smoke swirling around in the sky. Despite it all, it was worth it, just for the fact that he didn't go at it alone. Of all the terrible things that had happened to him and the people close to him, the one thing he couldn't say was that he was ever lonely. He never had to worry about dying alone in some ditch with nobody to hear, care, or remember him. There was always someone with him, and you know what? He'd do everything again in a heartbeat just to experience that one more time.

"Dying ain't so bad... I-it's funny... This doesn't even hurt... Hell, l-like, I can still feel my arm, even though it's...gone." Michael raised his stump in front of his field of view. His arm was gone, but it felt like he could still move his hand. He felt every finger, he could clench and release his fist, even though it wasn't there.

"I can't lie though... I can't say I don't regret anything. I do... If I could change something, then you wouldn't be in the same boat I'm in, Everett would still be here, so would Simon... Adonis... There's a lot I wish I could've done differently, done better..."

Michael closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He knew it was one of the last ones he'd take.

"I'm sorry I got you into this, but I guess it don't really matter now. We can't change this, so really there's no reason to fight back any more. Thank you for staying with me though. It really means a lot."

Death in the end, wasn't as scary as he thought it would be. It didn't hurt, and he wasn't afraid anymore. He knew it was his time. He knew this was it.

"I'll see you soon, Kyran. I'll be there waiting for you... I mean it."

Guess it was time to let the credits roll.

B:29-Michael Crowe: Deceased.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by KamiKaze »

This time, Scarlett reacted.

Miranda couldn’t help but think of Bridgette in the back of her mind. Maybe it was the way they both lifted their arms like that to defend themselves. Maybe. But she sucked in some more air, to dull the pain and dizziness and whatever else.

Then, something else hit, right in the face. She dropped the iron.

Miranda gasped, but she looked down. She looked back up at Scarlett.

The first thing that came to mind was to grab the gun laying on the floor. And that’s what Miranda did. Scooped down. Fell down. Grab the gun with both hands. Let it slip out for a moment. Grab it again. Sit back up. On your knees. Point. Point. Point.

Her hands shook as clasped the gun. But she kept it trained on Scarlett. Her vision blurred. Breathe in, breathe out.

Her fingers couldn’t find the trigger. She knew where it could be, but her hands were slick and she couldn’t think and she needed to finish this and she needed to do something.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Miranda has the gun.... Stop her, stop her, stop her, Scarlett....

And that is what Scarlett did. She noticed that Miranda couldn't get her hand on the gun's trigger. Scarlett felt herself moving forward this time, her left arm felt numb, possibly a little broken from the tire iron. Her feet were guiding her closer to Miranda, ignoring the gun. Her eyes were focused on the icepick sticking out of Miranda's shoulder....

She grabbed the icepick with her unhurt hand....

Then she yanked it out of Miranda's shoulder, letting out a raged cry and she saw the blood spurting out of the wound. She ignored the scream from Miranda's mouth and she didn't even hesitate with her next move.

There was no turning back for Scarlett.

Scarlett raised the icepick and jammed it right into Miranda's chest. Then she pulled the gun out of Miranda's hands and she stepped back from her with a cold expression on her face.

She aimed the gun at Miranda's chest and she had her finger on the trigger. She paused for a moment.

"Say hi to Sebastien, Miranda."

Then she fired off a ear-piercing shot.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Chuck looked up, very briefly, keeping his hands still as possible in the process. Didn't want to risk falling back a couple of steps, or actually firing a crossbow bolt out into his shin or something. Looked around, lay of the land. Scarlett was fighting Miranda. Threw a gun at her face. She was winning.

Kyran and Michael...he couldn't see. So long as he couldn't see them, they were safe. Had to assume that.

He slid the bolt into position. Let out a sigh of relief the moment it left his mouth. Okay. He was almost done. Ready to save the day.
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by KamiKaze »

Too late.

Somewhere in the haze, Scarlett lunged forward. But she didn’t go for the gun. Instead, she went a little higher. Miranda felt more pain in her shoulder, but this was different. One more flick, and she saw that the ice pick was now in Scarlett’s hand, stained with dripping red blood.

Shoot the gun. Shoot the gun, despite all the dizziness and dryness in your mouth and panic and pain. It’ll be over. It’ll be dealt with.

But she couldn’t hold on.

The icepick lunged again.

It went somewhere else.

Miranda screamed. It was the only thing she could do in that moment, despite the dull, stinging pain in her chest.

The gun slipped. Miranda knew where it went. Scarlett had it. Her vision blurred, but she saw Scarlett standing over her, gun pointed.

Despite what she was feeling, a new thought popped into her head. She thought of Saachi and Bunny.

“Y’know, for a couple of killers, neither of you seem too eager to be killing me! It’s nice! I like it. It’s a lot less psycho than hanging around with those people who hate us. Y’know, all those people who think they’re in the right with everything they do.”

”All I'm trying to do is survive, and because of that, I'm branded a monster.”

Miranda made a noise with her mouth. A laugh of disbelief? A sob, a gasp for air she desperately needed? Who knew? Just that she placed her hand back on the tire iron, the cold steel feeling odd and surreal to the touch, and that she felt sick. But she felt her mouth curl. Upwards, maybe?

“You’re just like me. You’re just…”

It came out quiet. Barely audible. She felt her lips move, but sounds were another question.

Looking back, the biggest lesson Miranda had learned here was simple. The island had a way of evening things out. It honestly never mattered how beautiful you were, how smart you were, how athletic you were, or anything. It didn’t matter what you liked, who you liked. It all came down to one question. Can you survive? Do you have what it takes? In a way, it’d been comforting. Strange, sure. But it was there.

In the end, everyone was equal.

Scarlett was no better.

But she couldn’t continue that hazed thought. The gun went off.

And Miranda fell to the ground. The tire iron fell to the side.

She’d stopped fighting.

Female Student #024 Miranda Millers- ELIMINATED
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett watched as Miranda's body crumpled to the ground. She had done it. She had killed Miranda but this time she didn't feel guilt. She didn't really feel anything for the girl. Not like with Tania. No, the truth was, she felt....

....nothing.

She turned away from Miranda's corpse, her hands were not shaking or trembling. She wanted to feel something for what she had done. But she couldn't feel a thing.

When she noticed Chuck, she felt a wave of relief come over her. At least he was safe. That was something. But what about Michael and Kyran? Oh god, they had gotten attacked and then everything was a blur because she had been fighting off Miranda.

"Chuck."

She started to approach him.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Chuck stood up. It turned out climbing to his feet, with the crossbow at the ready, was not as swift and fluid a motion as he would have liked. But oh well. The madness had passed, and, again, Chuck's bumbling movements and maladroit attempts to help had been worthless.

But Scarlett had survived.

He lifted the crossbow up, ready to go back into combat mode. "Sorry I wasn't...much help." His breath was heavy, ragged. He had no right to feel tired. Not compared to the others.

"Kyran...Michael..."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett shook her head, the side of her head was hurting. She raised her battered arm and touched the side of her temple. It sent a pang of pain through her battered arm and hand. But she felt something sticky. She moved her hand back and looked at what was on it. Her blood. She was bleeding a little because of what Miranda did to her.

Then she glanced over at Chuck with a weary smile. "Don't-Don't worry about it, Chuck." She paused for a few seconds to let out some shaky breathes. "Next time.... Next time, you have to be ready. Okay?"

She then felt her heart tightened at the thought of Michael and Kyran. Where were they? Were they still alive?
Cake

Post by Cake »

Kyran's head jolted up, accompanied by wheezing coughs and sputters of bloody saliva.

He had passed out for a moment remembering only the last few words Michael had said during his story. He looked at Michael, put a hand to the boy's shoulder. Shook once, then shook some more.

'Mike, you there man?' Kyran meant to say, but his voice was barely even an audible whisper. A mix of weakness from the life draining from his body and waves of emotion tuning his throat coarse.

Instead, Kyran closed his eyes, taking deep breathes, pulling off his snapback and letting it rest on Mike's face. When he opened them again, he saw Chuck and Scarlett and... Holy. Miranda Millers was effed the eff up.

"Jeeze."

He collapsed again, coughing, barely breathing through his nose.

[[Wendy Fischer Continued From: Carp Diem.]]

"Hey, Mr. Dolph. Would you look at that?"

The GPS pointed out a few different numbers, all crowded in one particular spot. The very same spot she had started her island safari.

The pops, explosions, shouts, were all a lure for Wendy's curiosity as she passed the lake, watching from a distance at the action going on, the other side. Familiar people, from her time on this island, others were practically strangers, having not encountered a few of them even once here.

Bodies were toppled, littering the lakeside, a few in particular caught Wendy's attention.

Oh. He got Katarina.

Oh. She got Miranda.

It disappointed Wendy a bit. Both of them played their parts in killing Kasumi. Would have been far more satisfying to have done it herself.

Yet, after a squinted, focused look, Wendy felt a tiny bit of 'okay' with it. Scarlett had done it, she had taken care of Miranda. As for Katarina, well, she had to admit, it was very entertaining to see it happen. She only wished it could have been her fist, smashing through K.K's face, like pudding.

Still, there were a few others to avenge.

Wendy thought about approaching the group and reunite with Scarlett once again, but the rustling sound of grass gave warning of approach. She observed the GPS again, another number a distance away from her, centered between herself and Scarlett's group on the interface, moving toward her classmates on the other side.

She wasn't ready, but that was okay. With her now, was new found knowledge.

A few minutes later, Wendy Fischer was gone, slinking away softly, up the path to smoke and fire.

[[Wendy Fischer Continued To: Don't Trust the Cute Blondes.]]
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

"Yes. I'll be ready. Yep." Chuck couldn't really say much to that. He hated to contemplate the thought that this could have gone better, had he just had an ounce more bravery, a smidgen more foresight, but it was a thought that he couldn't deny. Had to bear that guilt. Had to grapple with it. The crossbow was not, perhaps, the best weapon for surviving an ambush. It wasn't designed for that, after all.

But then again, Chuck wasn't exactly designed for this sort of chaos either.

If he could last this long, surely that spoke to the crossbow's versatility too.

"You okay?" he asked Scarlett. Immediately regretted it. What a foolish question to ask. Still, he didn't want her to see the doubt now creeping onto his face, so he looked around, under the pretense of investigating the carnage.

Kyran was still moving.

"Kyran!"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"I'm fine, Chuck. D-Don't worry about me."

Scarlett was not fine at all. But Chuck had asked and she didn't want him to worry about her. Her injury made her feel a bit light-headed and woozy but other than that she was going to be okay. She was more worried about the others. Michael.... Kyran....

She glanced around as well as Chuck and her eyes rested on Kyran's body. His body that was moving. He was still alive!

"Kyran, Kyran!" She called out his name in a panicky way and she felt herself rushing over to him to see how hurt he was. There was a lot of blood and she didn't know if she could do anything to help him. "H-Hey, hey! Stay with us, Kyran!"

She put a hand on top of one of Kyran's to let him know that she was going to stay there with him. She knew that there was nothing that she could do to save him. She glanced at Michael's body and noticed that he was already gone. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks. She had lost Michael and now Kyran was.... was....

"I-I'm sorry, Kyran...."
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

((Saachi Nidal continued from Die Hand Die Verletzt))

As she continued to follow Miranda's trail, Saachi's surroundings were starting to become more familiar. Her suspicions were confirmed as she reached the edge of the forest and took in the familiar sight of the boathouse. If she weren't in a rush, she would've pontificated about how she always ended up by the lake. Saachi needed to catch up to Miranda, hopefully before something terrible happened.

She pushed through the edge of the forest, throwing caution to the wind. She hadn't found Miranda yet and while she had heard the commotion before, there was an uncomfortable silence that hung in the air.

Was she too late?

The first sight she was greeted with was the body of Miranda.

Saachi felt like a part of her was just ripped out of her chest. For a second, she just stared, a short distance between from the line of trees that marked the entrance to the forest and what was Miranda Millers. She could feel the tears start to sting her eyes and instinctively wiped them away. Her mind just emptied, the reality of the situation slowly starting to hit her.

She sent Miranda to her death. She was partial to the blame for this. While Miranda's death was going to be an inevitability, it shouldn't have been this soon. She shouldn't have been alone. She should've been there to save her.

There were many things she could've done. She could've spent less time dealing with Natali and Cody. She could've ignored Natali and Cody and just ran with Miranda. She could've even just told Miranda that it wasn't worth it and to just deal with the threats in front of them. So many things she could've done, so many choices she could've made that may have changed Miranda's fate. Yet she didn't make those choices. This was the path she was on and there was nothing she could do about it.

She couldn't save Miranda, but that didn't mean she couldn't get revenge for her. In fact, that sounded like just the thing she wanted to do. Wrenching her eyes away from her former friend, Saachi scanned the area to search for Miranda's killer. To find out who she needed to dispense her personal justice with her shotgun.

It didn't take long for her to find the group that was responsible. After all, one of them was always a thorn in her side since the very beginning. Of course, Chuck was with him. She wasn't too surprised considering he was with him the last time she encountered his group. They seemed to have picked up a random Scarlett along the way.

In the end, it didn't really matter who they were. One of them was Miranda's killer. That was more than enough justification. Her sadness became replaced with a red-hot fury as she turned towards the trio, her eyes red with the tears she had shed. She menacingly cocked her gun and aimed it at Scarlett, the person closest to her.

"This is for Miranda." She strained out, her voice wrought with emotion as she screamed and pulled the trigger.
[+] The Program V2
Characters
Image (Minus accessories)
M09: Maxim Senders - "The stars are so pretty tonight. Shame you can barely see them." - Status: DEAD
Weapon: Civil War Bayonet Gun
Pregame/Sandbox: o -> o -> o -> o -> o
Program V2: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o

Image (Minus accessories)
F10: Bailey Williams - "Don't you fucking move." - Status: DEAD
Weapon: Philadelphia Derringer
Pregame/Sandbox: o
Program V2: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] TV V2
Erik Sheely - The Quiet Cheerleader
Sandbox: o
TV V2: o

Saachi Nidal - The Valedictorian who hates SOTF
Sandbox: o
TV V2: o -> o
[+] Second Chances
Character Planning Thread

Aria Samuels - Quiet, Paranoid and Independent
Weapon - Trumpet
Memories - o
Pregame - o
Game - o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o

Saachi Nidal - Confident, Aggressive and Regal
Weapon - Meat Cleaver
Game - o -> o ->o -> o -> o -> o -> o
-> o ->o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] SOTF International
Jen Mara Tuiqamea - Adopted from Cicada
Game - o
[+] Artsy Stuff That People Have Done
[+] Maxim Senders by Mimi
[+] Bailey Williams by Medic
[+] Saachi Nidal TV2 by Yugi
[+] Saachi Nidal Second Chances
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Chuck wanted to say something...sarcastic. Engage in some gallows humour. Compliment them on their badassery. That was the style Kyran and Michael craved, after all. He admired it. Even now. Even still. They had gone down swinging. With heroics. With...

And then Saachi appeared. Chuck saw her out of the corner of his eye.

Scarlett's words about being ready stuck in his mind. And so he suppressed his first instinct, to jump on Scarlett, and throw them both on the floor. The debate ran through his mind at laser speed. You can dodge the first bullet, but it'd mean Saachi had every advantage following from that. Nope. That wasn't acceptable.

He swung up his crossbow, and fired at Saachi.

But she'd already fired by then.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett turned her head to look at the girl screaming at her and she noticed that Saachi was aiming her weapon at her. Scarlett didn't dodge out of the way as Saachi fired off the gun, if Scarlett moved out of the way, the bullet would hit Kyran.

Scarlett turned back to look down at Kyran and she instantly covered him with her own body. She felt the bullet hit her right in the back and it almost knocked the wind out of her. She didn't move. She felt pain go through her body.

She let out a pained gasp and the she smiled at Kyran weakly.

"S....Sorry...."
Cake

Post by Cake »

NO.

Scarlett gave her life for him and he was dying anyway. He should have just stayed unconcious. Should of never woken up. Now her center was torn apart.

He reached out to her hand, squeezed it firmly as Scarlett's eyelids fluttered in and out of awareness.

"Chuck -the AK," Kyran voice softly. He pointed at the carrying case. "Grab a drum mag, take out Chop Susie."

Chop Susie. That was what she forever will be.

Return to “The Lake”