Crimson Sunset

South-Eastern corner of D10 (Private Thread)

Everywhere else without its own area. Multiple threads allowed, but use discretion.
Fiori

Crimson Sunset

Post by Fiori »

((Ryuhei Sasagawa continued from Don't go into the Light))

In any normal circumstance, the easternmost beach of the island would have made an ideal location for any couple to spend their romantic evening together. The sun setting in the west caused there to be myriad colours splashed across the sky, and the waves came to-and-fro in an almost melodic fashion. The sea was especially calm and tranquil, and there were barely any seabirds about making irritating squawking noises as they usually do. Truly, it was as beautiful and ideal an evening as anyone could possibly wish for.

An evening whose beauty was ruined by the grunts and moans of a certain Ryuhei Sasagawa.

He'd ran nonstop since his encounter with Mitsuko, each step he made causing his arm to ache in pain as the adrenaline from before began to wear off. Eventually, he'd slowed to a walk after he was sure Mitsuko hadn't decided to chase after him. This walk soon slowed down to a stop as he fell onto his knees in pain, still grasping tightly onto his arm. For the next hour or so, he slowly began to remove the various pieces of glass embedded in his skin. The pain was more then he could of imagine ever feeling, which felt odd for a guy who had always thought of himself as having an extremely high pain tolerance. Seems he was wrong.

"GAAAH! FUCK!" He cried as he tore out another large shard of bloodied glass from his arm. He quickly grasped the wound to stop the bleeding. Whilst for the most part the bleeding had stopped, whenever he removed a shard the wound quickly began to bleed profusely. Despite having been at it for hours, he still hadn't gotten used to the pain. Occasionally, he practiced moving the fingers on his right hand to see if they still worked. Luckily for him, he could still move his hand and fingers just fine, albeit painfully.

"Fucking bitch! Fucking, fucking bitch... Can't believe she tried to fucking shank me, the slut! The FUCKING whore! Next time I see her, she's dead you hear me? Fucking DEAD! Can't believe I fell for that... Can't believe I let her... let her fucking MANIPULATE ME, the cun... ARRGH! MOTHERFUCKER!!!" he yelled as he tore a particularly large shard from his shoulder blade.

He held the shard of glass out, holding it tightly in his hand. It cut him slightly, but not enough for him to care. He was already way beyond caring about whether or not he slightly cut his finger. Not only did his mess up he right shoulder and upper arm, but he also proved to himself that everything he had wanted to be where nothing more than simple daydreams, wild imaginings of some otherwise mindless thug. He stood up, and with all his might, threw the shard of glass out towards the ocean. He felt a surge of pain in his arm as he did so, but at this point he really didn't care one bit.

"SOME FUCKING BADASS YOU TURNED OUT TO BE! Can't even fend off a fucking girl, A FUCKING GIRL! Let alone some hardcore motherfucker like Kawada! You useless SHIT! YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS ASSHOLE!!!"

He didn't care if anyone heard him screaming at the top on his lungs at the ocean. Let them, he didn't give a shit anymore. He fell back onto his knees, and for the first time since he ever set foot on the island, he did something he'd wanted to do for the past twelve hours ever since he accidentally killed Keita, something which he knew would not improve his already heinously bad image as some hardcore badass... He burst into tears. Proper tears at that, not manly tears like Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. The words "Reality check" couldn't even begin to express just how he was feeling at that moment.

"This isn't some game... I'm no badass... I'm just a fucking loser. One whose had to hide it behind real badasses, like Kazuo and Mitsuru. I was never like them. Never COULD be like them... I... I'm gonna die here, aren't I? Someone's just gonna come over and cap me in the head and BAM! No more Ryuehei, then everything will just go on as if nothing happened... But..." At that point, he just let it all out. All the stress he'd been suppressing, all the anxiety, all of it was just released at once. "... I don't wanna die! Not here! Not now! I want to live an'... And... FUCK ME!"

He quickly burst into tears again, burying his head into his left arm as his right kept him from falling flat on his face. The stress, the island, the deaths, Keita, Mitsuko, the Kiriyama Family... Ryuhei had no idea how much longer he could take it all. At this point, he was an emotional wreck. And emotional wreck who'd lost all hope, all ambition, and instead plunged himself deeply into despair and angst at the sheer hopelessness of the situation...
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

(Hiroki Sugimura continued from Walking Proud)

Oh, god, what have I done.

Sugi had wandered at random for the past few hours, here and there across the broad reaches of sand and water. Announcements had come on, and the horrific voice of Kamon--of the murdering bastard who'd trapped them here, who'd had Shuuya killed--droned out names. Sugimura supposed he mentioned Kotohiki, supposed he mentioned dangerzones, but his mind did not even once register the words.

He could barely fight under normal circumstances. Without someone to help, to defend, to assist--when it was only his own life on the line--Sugimura had never been able to swing his fists. When he'd fought those ridiculous monks, it had only been Shuuya's intervention that enabled him to act. Otherwise there was only his master, and that was more a product of his certainty in his own inability; there was no way he'd be able to touch his master.

Mitsuru had said it best, now that he thought about it. Had called Sugi's martial arts "nothin' but a dance."

But he had been able to swing more than fists, last time. He had sworn an ever-fucking sickle, straight into the head of the sweetest, most heart-breakingly beautiful girl he knew. He had killed Kotohiki, and he had done it without hesitation.

He burst from the confines of the island, stumbled onto the broad expanse of sand. He saw the tall spire of the ligthouse on his left, and vaguely heard screaming. Was it Kamon? But why would Kamon scream? And now that he thought about it, the sound lacked the echoing, staticky quality of the announcements. So who...?

He looked to his left, and there, blood leaking down onto the sand, legs balled against his chest as he sobbed, was Ryuhei Sasagawa.

Sugi froze. Had he seen...?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Grim Wolf. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

He hadn't noticed Hiroki... Not yet anyway. Ryuhei was still far too concerned with his own personal troubles to notice him at the moment, too busy wallowing in his own despair to take note of the fact that he was no longer alone.

His thoughts went back to the family. Not his actual family (Fuckin' bastards never gave a shit about me anyway) but THE family, the Kiriyama Family to be exact. Kazuo, Mitsuru, Hiroshi... They all cared right? They had to be looking for him, after all they must know he'd gotten lost along the way, right? Hell, even SHO probably cared... Although, not in a way that Ryuhei would be particularly comfortable with...

Then again... What the hell use was I to the family anyway? The only reason I was a part of them to start with was because I happened to be there when the boss and Mitsuru formed it... Even then I had to get on my knees and fucking beg them to let me join!

And the only reason I was there in the fucking first place was 'cause Mitsuru was beating the living shit out of me! If he'd never of done that, I'd of never gotten a chance to enrol in the first fuckin' place! They're all probably doing fine without me, hell I bet they're doing even better! With no Ryuhei Sasagawa around to hold them back, they probably already have most of the island by the balls by now! And here I am, weeping like a fucking baby, after nearly getting my fucking ass killed by MITSUKO FUCKING SOUMA!

"GOD DAMNIT!" he yelled as he clawed at his long hair again. "Why Ryuhei? Why do you have to be such a fucking moron? Why do you have to always fuck things up! WHY, DO YOU..."

... Wait a sec, something ain't right

You know that funny feeling you get when you KNOW somebody is staring over you're shoulder, watching your every move like a hawk, waiting for the moment to but in and say something. Ryuhei was feeling that right now. He could just tell someone was there, right beside him. He wasn't sure how, but somehow he knew. He wasn't alone.

He turned his head to find none over than Hiroki Sugimura staring back at him.

As you'd guess, he was quite surprised at first to see Hiroki just standing there, watching him. But that feeling of surprise soon gave way for feelings of fear, depression and above all, anger.

Just what I fucking need... Hiroki Sugimura. The fuck is he doing here? What does he fucking want from me, a hug?!?

"Who the fuck are YOU looking at?!?" He shouted at Hiroki, growing more and more enraged with every second. Slowly, he got up, ignoring whatever reply Hiroki may have given. He didn't care, he was way too fucking pissed off to care anymore. He looked Hiroki in the eyes, tears of rage dripping from his own. "You want a fight? Is that it?!? I bet thats what you want, right? Bet the island finally gave you a reason to fucking grow a pair and make good use of those big fucking muscles of yours!"

He ignored any reply Hiroki may have made as he continued on. He was far too furious, and not to mention delusional, to hear him let alone listen to what he had to say.

"I bet you've earned yourself a nice little bodycount too. Bet you took advantage of that bitch who kept following you around, took your time with her before finishing her off! With your skills, hell, I bet you could even take Kazuo head on!" If he'd stopped and thought things through for even a second, he'd of probably remembered never hearing Takako's name being mentioned during any of the announcements. He might of even realised just how ridiculous it was of him to yell blind accusations at a man who'd given him no reason to suspect that he may be playing other then the fact that he happened to be there. But right now, all Ryuhei wanted was to vent out all the rage and frustration that he'd been building up ever since he realised he was on the island, and who better to receive it then Hiroki Sugimura.

He got onto his knees again briefly as he picked up a shard of glass from the floor in his left hand. He held it tightly, wielding it as if it was a vicious knife. He bit down hard and breathed heavily as he stared at Hiroki, ignoring the pain as it cut into his hand.

"You think you can just waste me and go on by like nothing happened? Just another tick on your hitlist? Well guess what, i'm not gonna make things fucking easy for you. If you think i'm just gonna go down without a fight, or hell if i'm gonna fucking go down at all! Then you are sadly. fucking. MISTAKEN!"

With this in mind, he held the shard aloft, preparing himself to charge forward and meet head to head with his "attacker".

"I'll show you! I'll fucking show you!!! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS TO GUYS WHO TRY TO FUCK WITH RYUHEI SASAGAWA!!!"

And with that, he charged blindly at the man who'd spent the majority of his life learning martial arts, without so much as a strategy or goal in mind.

I'll show him! I'll show him just how much of a fucking badass I really am! The bastard's gonna regret the day he ever thought of fucking with me like this...
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

[All abuses of Fioriboy's character made with his permission.]

I should run.

He was watching Ryuhei as he came on almost dispassionately. Time seemed to have slowed for him; he saw the boy in all his bloody, angry terror. He was a threat, but nothing Hiroki couldn't handle. Disarm him and leave. No need to worry about his honor--Hiroki had never given his own pride much thought.

I should run. He's scared. He's hurt. He doesn't know what he's doing. And I'm in no condition to fight him. My head...

He was having a hard time thinking through any of this; every time he tried, images of his sickle slicing easily into the meat of Kayoko's skull filled his mind's eye, blood dripping, the solid, almost satisfying feel of having killed another human being, even Kayoko-

Even Kayoko-!

How casually he had killed her. How easily it had come to him, once he was in pain. She had been so gentle, always calm and confident, faintly aglow with her own inner peace. She had helped him care for that kitten. Cute enough, he supposed, physically. Beautiful, when it came to those eyes. A gentle, loving soul.

He had killed her.

He had killed her. One of maybe two girls he's ever really...

Snap.

He stepped sideways, dodging the first, clumsy slash easily. Perhaps more would have followed--almost certainly. Ryuhei was close--so close he could feel the smaller boy's breath, feel the panicked heat and smell his terrified musk. Before Ryuhei had any time to react, Sugi had reached out and snagged his wrist, relishing the burning along his forearm--from where Kayoko's bullet had grazed him.

One quick twist, and the knife shard fell away.

I'm a killer.

He had dropped the sickle in his other hand, as he'd grabbed Ryuhei; now he struck, a hard, quick blow into Ryuhei's stomach. The boy leaned over, greasy strands of air tickling Sugi's arm. It all seemed so slow, at the moment; so infinitesimally, insignificantly slow.

I'm a killer.

He struck one more time, with all the considerable force of his body. It was something he'd never done before; he'd never had the courage to strike without reservations against an opponent. Always worrying, always concerned. Only when someone was in danger...

Well, someone had been in danger. He'd be in danger. That was enough to kill her, wasn't it; the girl he...

The girl he...

It was a single blow. He was inside Ryuhei's guard, and it was all too quick; the smaller boy had not even finished exhaling from the first hit Sugi had given him.

I'm a killer.

He stopped slow and slammed his palms together into Ryuhei's chest, sending the boy flying into the air until he landed in the land nearly ten feet away.

"I'm a killer," he said aloud, and began to move towards Ryuhei, his eyes cold, his body poised.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Grim Wolf. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Whuh… What happened?!?

He probably should have seen it coming. No. He DEFINITELY should have seen it coming. He knew Hiroki was renowned for his martial arts, even if he rarely used them for reasons Ryuhei never fully understood. He knew the guy was far larger and stronger then he is, not to mention a hundred times faster. Hell, he was even aware of the fact that his messed up arm would greatly reduce his chances at posing any challenge to Hiroki whatsoever.

But even so, what he didn’t expect was Hiroki’s brutal retaliation to his attack. Hiroki was always regarded as being one of the more gentle and harmless students in the school, so the sheer impact of the blows Hiroki inflicted upon him shocked him both mentally and physically to the core.

Whilst for Hiroki it all happened in slow motion, for Ryuhei it was over within seconds. He hadn’t had a chance to even recover from the first blow before Hiroki landed another, followed quickly with a brutal move which sent Ryuhei flying ten feet in the opposite direction. He landed hard, causing him to scream in pain as he grasped his injured arm. He exhaled in and out heavily, coughing up blood several times as his body slowly recovered from the two vicious strikes to his stomach. He clenched his waist hard as he looked up to Hiroki, only to regret having done so after he heard Hiroki utter a simple yet terrifying statement.

"I'm a killer,"

Ryuhei froze for a brief second. Despite all his accusations, all his blind assumptions about Hiroki being a player, hearing him admit it out loud chilled Ryuhei to the bone. Perhaps it was because deep down, Ryuhei doubted his own accusations, which made Hiroki’s statement all the more terrifying. Whatever the reason, Ryuhei was no longer angry. Now that he knew for definite that Hiroki was intending on killing him, all that he felt was fear. Pure, ice-cold, fear.

And that was BEFORE Hiroki began to walk up to him slowly.

Fuck man! What’re you doing just sitting there?!? You’ve got to get away, get out of here before he freakin’ wastes you!!!

He started to panic as he stood upright and attempted to flee in the opposite direction, only to fall over again a few seconds later. He hadn’t quite recovered from Hiroki’s attack, which had caused him to become queasy and imbalanced. Even so, he still tried to crawl away from the man he’d barely seconds ago charged at, only to again fall over onto his back. He looked up to see Hiroki still moving, and began to slowly crawl backwards in an attempt to get as far away from Hiroki as he possibly could.

But it was no use. Hiroki was gaining up on him, and there was nothing he could do about it.

NO! Nonononono! This can’t be happening! Not now, not here!!! I don’t want to die yet!!! I… I… I don’t deserve to! Oh Jesus Christ, why me!!! Why the fuck did this have to happen to me!!!

“PLEASE! DON’T! I… I……” he begged, tears beginning to appear in his eyes. Hiroki was nearing ever so close, and he couldn’t even think of a half decent excuse for why he did what he’d done.

Ryuhei gulped for what he felt would be the last time. Hiroki Sugimura was about to kill him, and he knew it.
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

The panic on Ryuhei's face should have been heart-wrenching. It was a piteous expresison, really--even on Ryuhei's slightly rodent-like face, it was strikingly sad--but for once his life no emotion stirred in Sugi's chest.

He still stopped, of course. But that was only because it had occurred to him that he had no weapon on him.

He had forgotten about the gun he'd lifted from Kayoko (and anyways it was surely empty by now), did not even notice the wait of the weapon tucked at a dangerous angle in his pocket. His mind had gone blank, and he welcomed it; welcomed the feeling of cold decisiveness.

He turned around, snagged the sickle from the ground, and then moved towards Ryuhei. He caught the tail-end of the boy's attempt to flee--the fall onto his back--and as he tried to crawl away, Sugi continued to advance.

"PLEASE! DON'T! I...I...!"

"Fuck you." The words came to his lips without him even having to think of them, and he relished them--relished the power of his words, his movements, his lack of crippling emotion. Was this what he had been so afraid of, all this time? Actually being in control? Actually being strong?

He brought the sickle back as he strolled languidly through the last few feet separating him and Ryuhei. Without a word and without breaking stride he brought the sickle high above him for the killing blow.

What the fuck are you doing?

He froze.

Strong. I'm...I'm being strong.

No, you're being a cold, ruthless sonofabitch. Are those the same?

Of course. Cold and ruthless. Emotion blinds.

Does it.

Yes. Emotion blinds. Emotion kills. You react without thinking, you act without thinking, and everything you ever loved about yourself means nothing in the face of pure blind instinct.

So this is about Kotohiki.

No.

Oh, yes.

NO!

Then what is it about it?

This is about...it's about...

It's about hurting someone you loved because you were hurt. It's about lashing out without thinking because we were thrust into a strange situation, because both of us were panicking and neither of us had ever been so close to the idea of our own deaths before. It's about the hurt that I'm feeling. Even now.

Even...even....

Now.

He blinked, and was almost astonished to find tears leaking down his face. At that moment he felt the yawing pain in his chest, deep as a canyon and piercing as a hundred thousand needles. He became aware of the intense, guilty self-loathing grief that had filled him from limb to limb, that he had numbed himself against by pretending to be a killer.

The sickle slid from his hand, to land with a gentle thump upon the soft sand.

"I...I killed..." he stammered, and then turned away from Ryuhei and staggered towards the ocean, taking comfort in its infinite horizons as though it made his pain minuscule by comparison.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Fuck you."

That was it. The sole reply Hiroki made as he continued moving towards Ryuhei, sickle in hand and murderous intent in his eyes. Ryuhei had never seen Hiroki acting like this before, never HEARD of Hiroki acting like this before. Hell, he never even EXCPECTED Hiroki to ever act like this before he came to the island.

But that didn’t change the fact that Hiroki was here, sickle in hand, and preparing himself to finish off him once and for all. And Ryuhei, in his panicked and terrified state, couldn’t do a damn thing about it.

This is it, isn’t it? Those final few seconds when your supposed to see your life flash before your eyes… Well, that’s a-grade bullshit, ‘cause the only thing I’m seeing here is Hiroki FUCKING Sugimura preparing himself to fucking waste me!

He looked up as Hiroki raised his sickle high, as if it where the grim reaper’s scythe itself, as he was about to deliver the killing blow that would finally extinguish Ryuhei’s life once and for all.

Oh shit! Here it comes!!!

However. Rather then bringing the sickle down upon Ryuhei’s greasy skull, Hiroki froze mid swing.

… Huh?

He just… stood there. Aimlessly, as if he was deep in thought. As if he was considering what to do next. It felt as if everything on the island had stopped instantly, as if all time had slowed to a snails pace just as Hiroki was about to finish him off. After a few seconds, he saw tears beginning to drop from Hiroki’s eyes, and his once strong and cold demeanour fading away slowly. After a few seconds, which to Ryuhei felt like an eternity, Hiroki dropped his weapon and simply stammered the words "I...I killed..." before turning around and staggering towards the ocean.

Ryuhei was simply lost for words. Nothing could possibly describe just how confused, dazed, surprised, relieved ect… he was over Hiroki’s sudden decision to drop the sickle and walk away. He was so sure that those would be his final few moments, and that there was no way in hell that Hiroki would simply walk away from him like this…

… It was then that the feelings from earlier began to resurface.

The confusion was gone. The relief was gone. The depression was gone. All replaced by one single emotion which he’d temporarily shrugged off after Hiroki had beaten him: Rage.

How… DARE he! How dare he just beat me like this and walk away without finishing the job? What am I, not worth it? Not worth the trouble of dealing with?!?

No, of course not. I’m just Ryuhei Sasagawa, the Kiriyama Family’s bitch. I’m no threat at all, am I? Just some fucking fly to swat out of your way! A fly whose not even worth squishing afterwords!

How the fuck dare he treat me like this… Like some FUCKING IRRITANCE! He just came along, made me look like a fucking idiot, just like every other motherfucker I’ve met on this fucking rock, and just leave me for dead!?!

BULLSHIT! Fucking BULLSHIT! Who does he think I am? Some random henchling to beat shitless along the path to glory?!? I’m a member of the Kiriyama Family for fuck’s sake! No… Not only that, I’m Ryuhei Sasagawa!!! RYUHEI! MOTHERFUCKING! SASAGAWA!

He coughed again, causing him to feel his chest in pain. It was at that point that he felt a piece of metal, a significant piece which he’d long forgotten about ever since he’d gotten to the lighthouse. He put his hand into his pocket to bring out none other then his derringer, the very same weapon he’d used to kill Keita Ijima.

… I had this the whole fucking time?!? THE WHOLE. FUCKING. TIME!?! Jesus fucking Christ, I could have used this on that bitch Mitsuko! Fucking dammit Ryuhei! You fucking RETARD!

It was then that a thought struck him, as he looked back up at Hiroki as he stood silently by the water's edge. A smile crept upon Ryuhei’s face as he lifted the gun, aiming it at Hiroki’s back.

I’ll show you… I’ll show you why you shouldn’t have underestimated me! How you should have finished me off when you had the chance! Because unlike you, I’m a fucking badass. A fucking HARDCORE badass at that!

And now... You’re fucking DEAD!

BANG!
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

He was unaware of Ryuhei's own inner monologue. Hell, he wasn't even aware of Ryuhei himself; when he'd dropped the sickle his senses had dulled, leaving him restricted to a world which reached no farther than the sight of his eyes and the touch of his hands. It was all he could do to make it to the water's edge. He stood there, for awhile, drowning his thoughts in deep focus upon the ocean.

He had...he had been so brutal...

Three blows. Not much, really, but Ryuhei was much smaller than he was and much less able to handle both pain and force. Each had been struck with no regard for the smaller boy's safety; they had been the blows of a killer.

A killer. He had said he was a killer, hadn't he?

He peered up at the sky, died crimson as the day wound to a close. His vision trembled with the quakes rocking his body, and tears spilled from his eyes.

He had abandoned them.

He hung his head, closing his eyes. He had committed a sin, in grievous fear; he had killed. But perhaps he could forgive himself for that; he had never claimed to be anything but human, and on this island it would have taken so much more than mere humanity to keep his head.

It was the second sin he could not forgive himself. The sin of losing control so completely that he would intentionally harm another human being. The sin of abandoning Nakagawa and...and Taka.

"Ryuhei," he whispered, only now remembered the boy behind him. He turned. "I'm sor-" he began.

BANG.

Oh.

He looked down at his stomach. Looked down at the spreading circle of crimson. Looked up towards the pink-dyed sky.

Sank to his knees, not feeling the damp water at work on his clothes.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

As Hiroki fell to his knees, a bloody patch of crimson appearing on his stomach, Ryuhei just couldn’t help but smile. A few hours ago, such a sight would have horrified and repulsed him. After all, Keita’s death was still fresh in his mind, and the fact that Hiroki had fallen to his knees in a similar fashion to Keita shortly before he died wouldn’t have helped.

But at that moment in time, he just couldn’t help but relish the moment. The feeling of satisfaction gained from what he’d done greatly overshadowed any lingering feelings of guilt or horror at the fact that he’d just shot an unarmed man. I… I did it! I actually did it! I’ve beaten him! No fancy karate skill’s gonna save him from a bullet wound!

What made it all the more satisfying for Ryuhei was the fact that Hiroki still happened to be alive. At first he considered just leaving him there to bleed to death from his injuries, but after remembering what Hiroki had done to him mere moments ago any thoughts of mercy were far out the window. He wasn’t going to make the same mistake Hiroki made… He’d make sure that Sugimura didn’t get back up again.

Still, guess I may as well have some fun showing him what its like to be on the receiving end for once…

He stood up, discarding his depleted derringer into the ocean as he did so. A sinister smile crept upon his face again, one which showed as clear as day exactly what Ryuhei’s intentions where. “So, seems you’re at MY mercy now. Right Sugimura?” he said, before running up to Hiroki and kicking him violently in the stomach, barely inches away from where Hiroki had been shot. Adrenalin began to flow through his veins, allowing him to temporarily ignore the pain burning in his arm.

“Think I’m just gonna walk away, right? Just gonna leave you to bleed out without any payback for the way you fucked me over!” He said, kicking Hiroki in the side of his chest. “The way you treated me like a piece of shit to wipe off your shoes! Like some fucking punching bag to beat for a while before leaving to hang!” He said, giving Hiroki yet another brutal kick to the side.

“Ever since I’ve gotten here, all I’ve had happen to me is shit, after shit, after SHIT! And I’m fucking sick of it you hear me? FUCKING SICK OF IT!”. He continued to rain blows upon Hiroki, images of everyone who’d ever fucked him over appearing in his head. From Mitsuru Numai to Mitsuko Souma, everyone who’d ever crossed Ryuhei flashed up briefly as he kicked Hiroki to within an inch of his life. “But not anymore you hear me?!? No, from now on I’M gonna be the one running the shots around here! ME! Not you, not Mitsuko, and ESPECIALLY not Kiriyama!

He stopped eventually, taking a second to breathe. He looked over his shoulder, and over there near to where Hiroki was about to finish him off lay Hiroki’s sickle. Perfect!

He walked over quickly to retrieve the weapon, noticing the fact that it happened to be quite bloody itself. Huh, guess he really WAS a killer… No matter, bastard has it coming either way…

He returned to Hiroki, circling around him until he stood directly behind the beaten pacifist. He grabbed onto his long hair, pulling on it tightly as he positioned the sickle’s blade under Hiroki’s neck like a farmer as he was about to cut away some grain. Unlike Hiroki, Ryuhei by this point had lost all of his common sense to stress, anger and anxiety. Nothing was going to stop him by this point, least alone his own conscience.

“Do you know who I am? DO YOU KNOW… WHO. I. AM?!? I’m Ryuhei Sasagawa motherfucker, and this here… Is MY island!”

And with that, he tugged back on the sickle with all his strength.
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

A Derringer is not a very powerful gun. Unless one is struck in an extremely unfortunate area--if the bullet managed to lodge its way in the brain, for instance, or severe several main arteries--it is not likely to kill you. However, a bullet in the gut is still a bullet in the gut, regardless of the caliber of the bullet or the force with which it is launched.

So Sugi was in a lot of pain to start out with.

He didn't hear any of what Ryuhei said--didn't hear any of it. Whatever capacity he might have had to think or process vanished the moment Ryuhei kicked him in the stomach, tearing the wound further and jiggling--actually jiggling--his insides. He coughed, and in that cough was the metallic tang of blood.

The beatdown that followed--the unreleting rain of blows, striking here and there regardless of vulnerability or the mewling cries that he managed to make through the fog of his pain--sent him reeling, reduced his vision to narrow tunnels in the depths of his skull. He simply curled into a fetal position, trying to shield his wound, and waited for the agony to end.

He didn't hear a word. Didn't see the sickle coming until the last second. At that moment, the sheer danger of his situation reached him through his pain, and he managed to twist backwards. The blow that would have sliced through his head instead dug a long gash down his chest and across his stomach. Ripples of burning pain came with the blood, and he felt his chest tighten, as though he couldn't get enough air. He felt uneven, assymetrical. Ryuhei lifted his sickle a second time--or so Sugimura assumed, he only saw the glint of the blade as it rose into the air--and his right hand dove into his pocket and drew Kayoko's gun before he had time to think.

Empty, if he remembered correctly. But still...

"G-g-get..." He began, trailing off. "G-get the f-f-f...f-f-f...fuck out of here..." he wheezed.

Oh God leave please leave let me die in peace...
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

For Ryuhei, the task of finishing off Hiroki had seemed so easy at first. He already had him beaten to within an inch of his life, and with his sickle poised right beneath Hiroki’s neck, ready to tug back an decapitate that pretty head of his, Ryuhei was almost certain that there wasn’t anything Hiroki could do about it. This was his moment of triumph, of finally proving that he CAN be a hardcore badass without Kazuo or the others watching his back, and nothing could possible stop him now.

... Or, so he thought...

Just as Ryuhei began to pull back on the sickle, Hiroki had suddenly and unexpectedly lurched back, causing Ryuhei to slice along his chest rather then his neck. The resulting injury was still quite brutal in its own right, but not to the same extent as it was intended. Little to say, Ryuhei wasn’t exactly pleased by Hiroki's sudden action.

“What!?! Quit moving you fuckin’ bastard and take it like a man!” he shouted as he kicked Hiroki in the back once again, pulling his hair even harder as he raised his sickle to strike in a downwards motion. So much for being fancy about it... Guess i'll just have to do it the old fashioned way!

He was just about to strike down, just about to finally finish off Hiroki once and for all when all of a sudden the man had drawn a gun from his pocket, aiming it at Ryuhei. The longhaired delinquent froze in place, a terrified expression slowly emerging on his face as he looked down the barrel of the gun.

"G-g-get... G-get the f-f-f...f-f-f...fuck out of here..."

At first, he just stood there, his recently acquired sickle still poised, ready to strike at any given moment. As the initial shock of the sudden turn of events slowly dawned upon him, he couldn’t help but bite down hard in rage.

NO! No no, this isn’t fair! This was supposed to be my big moment! When I finally prove myself! And you have to go ahead and STEAL IT FROM ME!?! You… you son of a bitch! You fucking son of a bitch!

He wanted to kill him. So desperately wanted to kill him. Even more now after he had threatened to shoot Ryuhei if he didn’t leave immediately… He was strongly tempted to just strike down now, and stab him repeatedly until Hiroki's head was reduced to nothing but a bloody mess of skull and brains. If he was fast enough, he could do it before Hiroki even saw it coming! Then he could even go ahead and take his gun for himself! Yeah, thats right! Hiroki would probably never dare use it anyway! If he struck now, when Hiroki least expects it, then he could walk away scott free! It would be so easy! It'd be like... like...

... suicide. Complete and utter suicide.

“…Fine.” He growled through gritted teeth. As much as he desperately wanted to kill Hiroki by this point, there was no way in hell he’d risk getting himself killed in the process. Not that he’d calmed down in the slightest, rather that the small shred of common sense still remaining in Ryuhei told him to back off from Hiroki and live to fight another day. And with this in mind, he slowly backed away from Hiroki, still focusing his attention on the gun in Hiroki’s hand.

“But I’ll be keeping this, if you don’t mind!” He called back, referring to the sickle which once belonged to Hiroki before he’d liberated it from him. As soon as Ryuhei was confident that he’d backed off far enough, he made a run for the woods, hopefully out of range of Hiroki’s gun should he decide to shoot him in the back anyway. Not that he could, seeing as unbeknownst to Ryuhei the gun happened to be empty anyway.

Fucking asshole! Selfish fucking asshole!!! This was my moment, MINE! And you had to go ahead and take it away from me! Just like every other fucking bastard I’ve ever known... Why does this always have to happen to ME?!? WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME!?!

((Ryuhei Sasagawa continued in Count On Me))
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

It had been an uncomfortable few hours. He was unable to move; the bullet wound alone had done its part (he suspected it had torn through something vital), but it was a relatively small wound and he might have been able to move with it. He was sure that, given time, he could have patched it up. But combined with the massive slash torn down his chest and side (he could, if he cared to, see parts of his insdes pulsing in vain, still trying to perform their functions. He was trying not to look), it was all he could do to stay conscious.

I'm such a fool.

The thought kept running from his head, and he couldn't stop it.

Sh-shu...shu would've done...better.

No, he wouldn't have.
In some ways this was the hardest thought of all. He'd never admitted to the eccentric, naive Springsteen wannabe just how much he'd looked up to him. Shuuya could always act for what he believed in, without hesitation. It was an ability Sugi longed for, and one he'd never been able, even at the end, to reach.

But look where it had gotten Shuuya. Shredded bloody on the floor of a Government-controlled school. And look where it had gotten Sugi himself.

He laughed, even though it sent waves of pain coursing up his side.

I killed Kayoko.

Yes, yes he had. He had been hurt. Did that excuse his actions? No. Did that make them forgivable? No. But it at least made him able to live with himself. One had to accept ones sins, whatever those sins were.

I loved you, Kotohiki.

His vision had gone mostly dark around the edges, but he could feel the tears pool in his eyes and slide their serpentine way down the sides of his face.

Accept ones sins.

Taka...

How easily he had left her behind. How easily he had taken off running, fleeing from his burdens. He was supposed to protect them. What had he done instead? Shuuya's last act had been foolhardy in the extreme, but at least he had done something. More than Sugi could say, really. All he had done was beat-up a (not so) defenseless Ryuhei.

"Taka..." he whispered aloud, the effort hurting him.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

(Takako Chigusa continued from And Just a Quick Bite...)

Chigusa had run faster than she had predicted. No doubt she had lost Yoshimi way back at the grove. She looked back, letting out a sigh of relief. Takako really hoped the plan had worked, and Yoshi and Noriko were safe. It had been a spur of the moment plan, and Takako wasn't sure whether it would work or not. She prayed that it did.

She was on the coastline now. In her haste, Chigusa had lost her place. Where was she exactly? Not that it mattered, as long as she had lost Yoshimi. She scanned the coast slowly, her eyes traveling up and down the beaches before they settled on something odd. What was that laying out on the beach? Wait... No...

"Sugi?!"

Takako dropped to her knees, right next to Sugi's body. She gripped her friend's body violently, her eyes wide in a mix of fear, disgust and shock. How long had he been sitting here? And here Takako was trying to lead a killer away from Yoshi and Noriko. Completely forgetting about that now, Takako stroked Hiroki's cheek. That gash was deep.

Takako felt her lips quiver. "Sugi. Sugi, just hang on." She threw her bag down on the ground and with one hand she unzipped it. She stopped though, her hand hovering just over the opening. "S-Sugi..."

She couldn't do anything anyway. Takako had no clue how long Sugi had been sitting out there This was terrible, so awful and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Hiroki, her best friend, the one that she secretly loved, was going to die very soon. Her hands tightened on his arms, a tear forming in her eye. She was supposed to be strong but now that seemed almost impossible to do. Takako was a tough customer but she was human, and this stabbed her straight in the heart.

"S...Suhi-kun..." She hadn't said that in years. It actually hurt her to say it, like she was forcing herself to act like a child. Deep down though, Takako was throwing a temper tantrum and it was very hard just keeping her contained. Takako was always hard to read, but her face was flooding with emotion now. Her tears burned her face. She was shaking her friend now, trying to keep him alive. "Who did this to you? Please tell me. Who did this to you?!"
Grim Wolf*

Post by Grim Wolf* »

[All uses of Takako done with permission from Ciel.]

He'd been drifting into darkness when she called him back.

"T-taka?" he managed. As soon as he'd whispered her name without a response, his mind had lost its tenuous grip upon the world around it. There was nothing left, no anchor to make him stay.

But she was here. Was that possible? Could she be more than a mirage? More than a fleeting fantasy, his desperate hope, his guilt? As a test, he lifted one shaking hand and put it to the wound in his stomach, prodding it gently. A dull knife whiped through his belly.

He was awake. Alive and awake. And Takako Chigusa was really here.

Oh, thank God.

She had pulled his head onto her lap, in the course of grabbing him. His head and back were comfortably damp against the warmth of her legs; his legs drifted faintly, in the flow of the surf. The gun (it was still in his hand, to his surprise) had gotten wet in the course of things; he wondered if it still worked.

He did not hear what she said--his mind was too far gone for that--but it was alright. He had his own words.

"T-taka," he breathed, almost laughing. "Oh, God, I...I d-didn't even hope you'd..." He trailed off. It was an effort to speak; it felt like he wasn't getting quite enough air into his lungs to form proper words. "I-I'm so...I'm so sorry." Tears were leaking out the corners of his eyes. He closed them, for a moment, and his eyelids seemed weighty beyond reason, threatening to crush all sight from him, welcoming him with the promise of sleep...

No. He forced them open again, blinking rapidly. "I d-d-didn't mean to run. I just...I couldn't...I didn't want to think I'd..." But she knew what he was going to say, surely; she'd been there when he'd killed her. "I j-j-just wanted...to keep you...safe." He exhaled slowly, struggling against his own lack of air. "I wanted...wanted to...say..."

It was becoming harder and harder to speak. His vision was blurring, the edges of his world darkening, but Takako's face stayed mercifully clear.

"Ryuhei," he said. "I hurt him. H-hur-hurt him bad, Taka. B-but he's...he's playing." He lifted the gun, his hand shaking all the way up. "Y-you'll need..."

She took it from him, and he let his hand fall. He was running out of time now; his mind rushed, even as he relished the feel of his head in her lap. Why had they never done this before? Why had he...?

Here, lying in her lap, he realized what he should have realized many, many years ago. That any girl he'd ever been interested in, he'd measured against Takako Chigusa.

"Everything good," he forced out, as the dim revelation dawned on him. "About me. It all came from you." Wrong wrong wrong. "You're the most wonderful..." But that sounded wrong too, and his time was dwindling. He had been only a little regretful before, as he'd been lying here dying; now he felt desperation. He wanted to find the right words, he needed to...

Or perhaps Shu wouldn't have agreed. Perhaps words weren't what was needed.

He tapped his nose, laughing softly under his breath. With one great effort that sent welcome agony through his chest and stomach (welcoming in that it woke him, forced him to attention) he lifted himself and wrapped one hand around Taka's neck, pulling her down to him. His lips found hers.

"S-sorry," he stuttered, as his flare of energy died and he fell back onto her lap, his lips tingling faintly. "I-i-it...took me so long. L..." His eyes were sliding down against his will, fading along with the red draining out of him onto the sand. "Love you...Taka..."

Down, down, down into the darkness, but her face stayed with him all the way.

Ninth Grade/Class B - Boy #11: HIROKI SUGIMURA: ELIMINATED
13 STUDENTS REMAINING
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

"Suhi-kun..."

Takako was doing something she hadn't done since she was five. She cried. She pressed her head against Hiroki's cold neck, wrapped her arms around her knees and rocked back and forth. Not once had the game made her break down or act out of character. It took a kiss from Hiroki to make her crack.

She had wanted three things in the world - to run at the Olympics, to be recognized by her parents, and the last and most desirable of which, had been the desire to kiss those lips, over and over. She would never admit it to anyone else because that was just how she did things. She bottled things up and let them sit, never acting on them. So no she would never run at the Olympics and her parents would certainly be ashamed of her. This wasn't why she was crying, all of her hopes and dreams could go to hell. She had Hiroki. No, it was the fact that what she had been searching for for all these years, the love of Hiroki Sugimura, the most idiotic, naive, beautiful, amazing boy she had ever met, had not filled her with the happiness she had longed. It had done shit nothing to make her feel better. In fact, it made her feel worse.

Takako found that she was out of tears. She rolled on her back and looked up at the sky. Gun in her hand. She could do it. Blow her head off. End it all. What was the point in living now? There was nothing for her.

That wasn't true, she finally realized.

There was something.

Someone.

One. Person.

"Ryuhei Sasagawa..." She repeated his name, the hate bellowing out like a noxious cloud. "Ryuhei Sasagawa..."

Her eyes were looking over at the gun in her hand, then over to the pistol at Hiroki's side. There was a bad taste in her mouth and it wasn't from the rations. She knew what she was going to do. No, this was what she wanted to do, the one dream she had left.

So she loaded the other pistol. Heavier than Takako's. She made sure to hold it in her left hand. Better grip, better chances of landing a bullet right between Ryuhei's rotten teeth. Takako wondered that if she had a hard time shooting her little pea shooter, then how the hell would she able to fire two pistols simultaneously, but then she pushed that thought away. Fuck logic. Had to save the logic for when she was in the heat of the moment. No more fucking around.

With a pistol in each hand and a very grim look on her face, Takako walked away.

"... Fucking game." Her voice cracked. She almost started crying again.

(Takako Chigusa continued elsewhere...)

Return to “Rest of the Island”