Darkness

Still up-and-running, the cable cars provide access to the radio tower, as they travel above the impossibly high mountain which stands in the way.
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

“To be honest I haven’t really put much thought into what fuels them, I was more worried about how to get around with burning myself”

Simon felt it was a bit strange that this guy’s first reaction upon finding out that all these powers were real was to try and work out how they worked, you’d think finding a way out of here would be of more importance, but he let it slide. After all it was probably just his way of coping and he did raise an interesting question; it made him wonder why he hadn’t thought about it yet himself actually.

“It must be a pretty stable supply though because these things haven’t cooled down any since I woke up. It seems strange to me as well that the heat production would be limited to just my hands; they said that the serum would react differently based on our DNA which suggests a sort of randomness to how the powers manifest, but this seems more ‘designed’ than that”

Deciding that it was useless to try and understand something he had no information about, Simon turned his thoughts back to the situation at hand.

“Oh well. They’ve broken so many laws already just by kidnapping and experimenting on us, what’s breaking a couple laws of physics on top of that? They could be using magic for all I know”

Looking around Simon could see that they were still standing in the lobby of the cable car station, mostly filled the benches for the waiting passengers to sit on and nothing else, meaning that he would have to find the control room if he still wanted to take one of the cars up to the radio tower.

“Listen, I’m going to see if I can find a way to get these cable cars running again so that I can head up to the mountain. It’s not much but I think that radio tower might be the best chance we have of getting out of here; even if all we can do is call for help and hope it comes. Do either of you want to help me with that? I’ll admit that I don’t know much about this stuff”

(OOC: I noticed in the last post that some of the thoughts were bolded and others not. Can other people only hear the thoughts that are written in bold?)
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
armeggedonCounselor*

Post by armeggedonCounselor* »

((Yeah, only the ones in bold can be heard by everyone else.))

Chris looked up at the mountain, visible only by it's outline through the window. He indicated his ear to show that they should listen. Deep in the darkness, a humming sound could be heard.

"I think the cable cars are still running. However, judging from the general lack of lights on the Radio Tower, the tower itself may not work. Um... I know a little about radios, but I don't think I'd be able to make the radio tower work. Still, worth trying anything, right?"

Chris thought for a second, then turned to the other again and said, absentmindedly, "Did I mention my name was Chris? I think I did...."

Without waiting for an answer, Chris turned and walked to where he had left his supplies and dug his knife out of his pocket. He set it on the bench and stared at it, brainstorming. It was steel, so it was magnetic, point one. Point two, the bench was also steel, so it would be able to build a charge. Now he just had to figure out how to make with zapping. He held his hands about a foot away and thought electric thoughts. Nothing happened. He moved his hands closer, to about six inches and tried again. His hands felt a little prickly, but nothing happened. Finally, Chris set his hands on the bench and thought electric thoughts again. For about three seconds, nothing happened. Then a spark arced from the bench to the knife. Chris let out a whoop of jubilation.

"O-kay. I understand now, I think."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler armeggedonCounselor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CorruptDropbear*

Post by CorruptDropbear* »

((Correct, sorry about the wait.))

"I'll have to say right now, anything's worth a shot if it means getting off this hunk of rock."

With a small cough, she slowly got up and examined the control panel of the building, putting the light in her left hand and thinking quickly. This looks pretty simple. Just press this button here... or here... OK, it's not that simple. Giving a muffled swear, she randomly started to flick switches on, hearing a low whirring starting to happen. With an almighty groan, the metal of the cables started to pull, the mechanisms starting to screech back into life.

OK... I think I found the on button.

Turning around triumphantly, she gave a fistpump. "Gentlemen, I think we have ourselves some transport. I'm happy to be a team player here. I'm in." Giggling, she grinned again. "I wonder if my 'Psychic Powers' are amplified by radio antennas? That'd be interesting."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler CorruptDropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

“Glad to hear you’re both on board with this, I don’t think I could do it by myself”

Simon walked over to the edge of the platform and waited for the next Cable Car to come before letting it pass by him. He listened to the cables squeak and the metal groan as it went by, wondering just how long it had been since this stuff had been maintained, or even used.

“How old do you think this stuff is? Will it hold all of us, or should we each take separate cars?”
[+] Supers
[+] TV3

Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
Weapon - None
armeggedonCounselor*

Chris approached Simon, listening to the sound of the cables moving. They squeaked and rattled, but he believed the car would be able to hold them.

"I think it will hold all of us. I'd imagine, since this is the only way to the top of the mountain, that the group which kidnapped us would repair any damages to the system. Since this place probably used to be a work camp or a naval outpost, this cable car should be more than sufficient to carry three teenagers."

((Sorry about how long this took.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler armeggedonCounselor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CorruptDropbear*

Post by CorruptDropbear* »

"Holding Cells, The Great Divide, the Settlement and the Radio Tower are the new ones..."

Oh, crap.

With a yell, she slammed her fist onto the device. "Goddamnit. Maybe they don't want us to know..." Slowly, she switched it off, giving a wince. Fuck. So close. FUCK! FUCK!

"FUCK!"

Kicking the air, she stormed up and down the insides of the station, feeling as if she wanted to punch through a wall. Fuck this shit. Fuck all this shit. She wanted to fucking kick those organization pasties and slam dunk them through a hoop. Picking up her gear, she gave a mental yell. Fuck this shit. I'm going. Bye, thanks for the idea. Fuck. FUCK. FUCK!

With a thump, her fist reopened the door, letting her into the outside world.

((Pippi Rivers continued in Aftermath.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler CorruptDropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Pippi’s rather violent outburst at hearing the latest announcement was an understandable one, after all it basically meant that their plans were screwed over before they even started, and normally Simon probably would have reacted along those same lines, except for one thing.

The first death was a double one, with both Judith Vibert and Fredrick Slagenger getting themsel…

“Shit”

They really were dead. He’d known as much anyway in the back of his mind, with them having been gone so long, but up until now he could at least hope that they had just gotten sidetracked and came out of the forest at a different part of the island. What had happened to them anyway, did they get lost, or stuck? Was it Fredrick and his wheelchair or did something happen to Judith? If he had been there rather than going on ahead would he have been able to save them?

Maybe, maybe not. Now was not the time to be worrying about stuff like that though, they were not out of this yet and if their plan for the radio tower was out they’d just need to think of something else instead. Simon looked up to ask the others what they thought when he noticed that one of them wasn’t there anymore.

“Wait, did she leave? Are you going to leave too or are we still going to work together to get out of this?”
[+] Supers
[+] TV3

Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
Weapon - None
armeggedonCounselor*

The announcement, already? It seemed so recently that the first one had been made. And now the radio tower was out of reach to them.

"There is no point. That cable car leads up to the Radio Tower. The Radio Tower is now dangerous to us. Therefor, we cannot go further than this point. I hope you survive the next day, my friend, but I will not be here to help you. I am going to the shore of this island, to brainstorm another way off, and hope I don't lose myself to darkness...."

On that melancholy note, Chris turned and walked out of the building.

((Chris Richardson continued in Aftermath.))
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Simon watched as Chris turned and walked out as well, not really feeling the need to reach out and stop him. There was no way he could change his mind if he had already decided to give up on working together, especially not when he himself was starting to have doubts that they could even make it out of here alive.

It just seemed like the game was actually out to get him. First off he gets a power that takes away his weapons, an advantage that pretty much everyone else on the island still has, next the two people he managed to ally himself with get killed off by the first set on dangerzones, and finally his plan to escape is stopped before it can even start by the second set of dangerzones, causing his newest allies to lose hope and split up. So far the people behind this game had caused him much more trouble than the other experiments.

Pushing away from the wall he was leaning against Simon began walking towards the door as well, several minutes after the other two had already left, detouring only to go over to the console Pippy had been using earlier to turn the cable cars off. After all, the was a chance they might be able to come back later once the dangerzone had ended and he wanted all the machinery to still work by then. He just hoped there were still some people left alive by that point, what were they down to now? Thirteen if he remembered the announcements right.

Odds were good that number would be halved by the next time he heard that chirpy voice from the speakers again.

((Simon Matthews continued in I'm In Despair! Mad Science Has Left Me In Despair!))
[+] Supers
[+] TV3

Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
Weapon - None

Return to “Cable Car Station”