some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

i will await you until i close my eyes | morning, day 7

An open field, filled to the brim with flowers of every size, shape, and color, lies along the island's western coast beyond the quarry. It's truly a beautiful sight, created by a combination of fertile soil, ample moisture, and a number of species of flower imported by the miners thriving due to fortuitous evolutionary advantages over the local flora.Bees and butterflies are common sights in this area, busily collecting pollen and nutrients.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

This wouldn't be it, he'd said to himself back in the forest. This could never be it.

He needed to get home. He wanted to hear his brother's voice also.

It's not like Daniel wouldn't have died anyways.

His hands clenched his throat. Pushed against his airways, above the collar.

He could've walked away. Should've. Could've let someone else do it.

But.

If he couldn't save anyone else, if he couldn't make himself useful for that, might as well save himself.

Right?

They both got what they came here for, anyways. Or what Johnny came here for. Daniel got to know. Johnny got to say his piece.

Not like there was anything else left for them.

Right?

He needed his one kill. And better to have Daniel die to a friend, than to someone that would just torture him.

Right?

Just make it quick.

Have Daniel die to a friend.

His eyes were bulging.

He couldn't even gasp.

Johnny collapsed on top of him, let go. He sobbed into him, spilling sorries from his mouth.
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
delicateMachine

Post by delicateMachine »

Just as the worst of the shock wore off and he started seriously thinking that his best friend was seriously trying to kill him, Johnny let go and collapsed on top of him, which was definitely an improvement but didn't make it any easier for Daniel to catch his breath, so he spent like a minute just gasping for air.

Okay. Okay. His brain had enough oxygen to process things again. Johnny probably could have killed him right there, but he didn't, so that meant that wasn't Johnny trying to kill him. It was the island. A simple and satisfying explanation, which was good, because he really didn't want to be scared of his best friend, even if those few choked moments were probably gonna be in the back of his mind for the rest of his life. No big deal.

Dude was still crying and apologizing so... Daniel figured he should probably say something. "Uh, first, please don't choke me again. But, like, about all the other stuff, I don't think there's anything you could've done. I'm not sure if I could have done anything, even. It's not your fault," He hoarsely whispered, hugging Johnny and awkwardly patting his back.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

He couldn't even save himself, as it turned out.

He felt so small. So worthless. Seven days on this island, and he hadn't done one thing of use. He couldn't even save himself.

Johnny laid on top of Daniel, waiting to be pushed off. Waiting for Daniel to give him double what Roy had. Punches. Kicks. Broken bones. Broken organs. Retribution.

What he deserved. After everything he'd done, after losing Rachael, hurting Roy and Dan, failing to save anyone.

What he needed.

He got words instead. He felt Daniel's arms around his.

'Please don't choke me again.'

Johnny paused.

Did he just joke? After what just happened?

What the fuck, Daniel?

Laughing welled up from Johnny's throat, mixing itself with the sobbing.

He stayed on top of Daniel for a while. Taking in the moment. The feeling.

Eventually, the sobbing and laughing stopped. And Daniel deserved to breathe, Johnny figured.

He rolled off him with a thud, felt daggers against his ribs. He deserved that.

Part of him still longed for punishment. It didn't feel right. Like an anticlimax. Rachael had done nothing wrong, and she went through hell. Roy and Dan had been loyal. They had been actual friends. And yet they died before him. And here Johnny was. Still with a friend. After everything.

God, this island was fucked.

He laid next to Daniel, to his right, in silence for a while. Staring at the gray-blue sky.

His voice came out cracked, tired with the next few words.

"What do you think we should do now?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

delicateMachine

Post by delicateMachine »

Daniel was breathing and Johnny wasn't crying anymore, so he guessed that was progress. He shrugged, which was kind of weird because he was lying down and kind of pointless because Johnny wasn't looking at him, but that's what he did.

"Dunno. Stay alive? If we can, I wanna find Maxwell so I can like, apologize?"

He tentatively held out a hand for a fistbump. "Whatever we do, it's gonna be together."
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Together.

Daniel spoke Johnny's mind.

"Yeah." He nodded, even without Daniel looking. "That sounds good. Staying alive sounds good."

He let out a sigh.

"We deal with the rest when we come to it."

He turned his head towards Daniel. His fist was raised.

He didn't deserve this.

But God, he needed it.

Johnny bumped his fist.

((Johnny Lancer and Daniel Whitten continue in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same))
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Return to “The Field Of Flowers”