All Apologies

C11 - Kate Black, Start

South of the settlement lies a vast beach, with low cliffs cutting it off from the mainland. Inside the largest cliff a small cavern awaits, dark enough to allow any visitors the chance to become lost inside the twisting tunnels.
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

"A-Alright, then." Kate felt Taryn nudge her, and started walking backwards.

She wasn't too sure why

As they were walking, Kate unzipped her bag and pulled out her map. Kate quickly found where the beach was marked down, before checking the contour lines on the map. She spotted somewhere nearby that looked like it'd be a gentle hill, rather than all the cliffs, and marked it down. Kate felt into her pocket of her skirt and pulled out a pencil she must've been using for studying back when she-. Kate strained her head, but couldn't even vaguely remember what happened next. It was all a blurry mess, until she woke up in the room with the leather fetishist and the man getting shot ...right next to her.

"Um, I think I just found a way off this beach!" Kate looked up from her map, putting the pencil back in her pocket. "If we go around there there should be an, um, easier way up."

Kate felt something move in her jacket pocket, and realised she still had the boy's magazine.

"Um, I-I took this from his gun." She said, producing the clip, and handing it over. "B-Blind or not, I thought it was best to stop him from shooting at us."

As soon as they were out of eyeshot from the two boys, Kate turned around and looked back down at the map, trying to find the hill on the map.

((Kate Black, continued in The Sound of Silence.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Macha.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Taryn turned and took the magazine from the girl’s hand. She smiled at her and after placing the ammunition into her pack, she put her hand where the magazine once lay and closed her fingers around the other girl’s hand.

“Good job, babe,” she said with a tired grin. “Let’s try and put some distance between us and that guy. It’s starting to get dark.”

Taryn hiked the strap of her bag further up her shoulder and started walking at a steady pace towards the small hill, hand in hand with Kate.

((Taryn Jones continued in The Sound of Silence))
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."

Return to “The Cove”