Lightweights

Following directly through from the armoury, the warehouse is dark, expansive and forboding. Replete with stacks of boxes and spare parts, surplus beds and furniture. It would be easy indeed to get lost inside. Don't stumble in the darkness.

Moderator: Sh4dE

peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Maddie didn't expect anyone to answer her, so as she heard the echo-y response, her heart beat a little faster. Was it nerves? Anticipation? She wasn't so sure. The voice belonged to Siobahn, a girl, and her track record with girls was so much better than her track record with boys....she had let that other girl go, right? Maybe she would only have to kill boys on this little venture.

Siobahn...she was the cheerleader. Maddie could clearly picture the girl in her mind. She had amazing skin, marred only by her excessive use of make up. Were Maddie to carve a sculpture of Siobahn, she would definitely use alabaster. If she recalled correctly...Siobahn also had other types of assets...Maddie's thoughts prickled as she thought of her own less than ample chest, free from any sort of support under her oversized shirt. It was a girlish feeling, and it sat uneasily in Maddie's head.

She always wore make-up, Maddie remembered. Would things have been different for Maddie if she had done that sort of thing? If Maddie took out her braided pigtails and ringed her eyes with pencil, would she have had real friends? Did that even matter, as they all had to kill each other?

"It's Maddie!" She called in response to Siobhan. What weapons did the cheerleader have? Was it smart of her to just go romping over to where she was? Her legs held themselves back for a moment. "You're not going to shoot me, right?"

Great icebreaker, Maddie. The popular cheerleader will totally be your friend now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mini_Help

Post by Mini_Help »

The response wasn't that disheartening. The girl in question was Maddie. Wasn't she some weird artist girl? This was a time when Nikki sure would've been useful. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to be coming back. Siobhan would just have to hope she was busy throwing up or something, and not in any real danger. At least she probably wouldn't be getting too far. As soon as Maddie was dealt with, they could probably just go retrieve her.

"I'm not going to shoot you," Siobhan replied. "We're kinda of distracted here, though. Someone just ran out, and—"

Oops. Now she'd revealed Joanne, or at least that she wasn't alone, just like she'd been hoping not to do.

"Could we, uh, maybe have a few seconds to get sorted out?" she asked. Maddie didn't seem hostile. This would surely be fine. Siobhan definitely didn't seem to be rambling insanely to herself, or some mystery person who could be planning an ambush or worse. Nope.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

You can't trust them. A voice whispered in Maddie's ear. You can't trust them because they will kill you because that is what is supposed to happen. Siobhan and Other One are going to kill you because you violated the trust of the only person who may have cared about you in this Program.

Maddie wondered how Duncan was doing, where was he? She hoped he was safe. She needed to find him, but first she needed to get out of this obvious trap. She raised her gun. Her gun. Her brush. Her trowel. Slowly she walked towards the voices, carefully knowing full well that someone could sneak up behind her and take her out.

It was simple. If she wanted to see Duncan again, if she wanted to apologize to him for what she did, she would need to get out using any means necessary.

"Get what sorted out?" She asked carefully. How sloppy was this trap? She couldn't even potentially get killed effectively by people who cared. Well, Maddie had already taken a life, that was confirmed by the last announcement, Duncan was still out there and she needed to get to him. Even if she had to kill to do it. "What could possibly need to get sorted at this moment? Who is there? Who do you have there?"

Words, they just started pouring out of her mouth. What was she doing? "What do you think you're doing? Do you have a gun? You have to have a gun if you're standing this far back from me well I have a gun too, you know. I have a gun too and I can shoot it! I'm going to art school, I don't want to be here! I don't care how patriotic it is and everyone's dying and I can't believe people are playing the game and I'm playing the game and it's...not...terrible. I don't know you! Maybe that person got distracted because you were going to kill her!"

It was the most she had ever said to anyone in school, her voice was high pitched and seemed to go higher with her hysteria. However, she kept deadly still, her gun trained on Siobhan, her gray eyes wild in her decision making process. Her finger muscles screamed to pull the trigger. But was it right? Were they even trying to kill her?

Yes. Of course they were. This is a patriotic competition where everyone had to die, but her. Of course they wanted to kill her, everyone wanted to kill everyone and it was silly to fight it and maybe if she found Duncan they could protect each other and everything would be okay.

"I'm going to get you first," Maddie decided. "I think I can get all of you first."

She pulled the trigger, not really aiming, but hey, at least it was in the right direction.

A most prolific artist, it seems as though Miss Harris has started working on yet another glorious creation! Let's take a look...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

(GMing of Siobahn approved by Clueless)

The crack of gunfire filled the air, causing Joanne's eyes to snap open. She found herself quickly in a sitting position, her hands gripping the handle of her axe. Siobahn was lying on the floor near her, why was she on the ground? She had been standing not a few moments ago. The other girl was still standing near the entrance. Did she shoot? Why was Siobahn not moving? They weren't safe, they needed to get behind cover. Maddie wasn't even a concern for Joanne's sleep-addled mind as she grabbed Siobahn under her arms and dragged her to safety behind some crates.

Siobahn was still conscious, barely. She wasn't quite sure what was happening, all she knew was her stomach felt like someone had slugged her with a baseball bat, and there was a burning sensation. Her hand which clutched at the pain was covered in something wet. It didn't take long for her to figure out what it was. So that's how it was going to be, huh?

Her back propped up against a one of the boxes, Siobahn looked at Joanne, who was frantically tearing through her bag looking for... something. She was speaking, but the words were having a hard time forming in her mind. Something about not dying? She had a feeling that it was too late for that.... wasn't there something about a first aid kit? Was that what Joanne was looking for?

A blood-stained hand grasped Joanne's wrist. The blonde-haired girl looked up at her friend, who was slowly shaking her head. The blood continued to poor out of her stomach, and if it wasn't stopped then she would die... except Joanne didn't know how to stop someone from bleeding. She was useless. Her friend needed her and she couldn't do anything about it.

Joanne clasped her hands around Siobahn's single hand, diverting as much attention to her dying companion without making herself completely vulnerable to attack. Siobahn smiled, too weak to do anything else, but glad to have someone there for her in her final moments. The final thing she saw before her vision completely faded as Joanne mouthing something to her. She didn't hear the words, but she knew what she had said.

"I'm sorry."

Joanne wanted nothing more than to keep stay with Siobahn forever, to just curl up and not do anything. She was going to die anyways, what was the point? But no, she couldn't do that. Siobahn wouldn't want that. She would want her to get away from there, find Nikki maybe, form a group. Survive. Placing Siobahn's hand on her lap, she took a moment to close her deceased friend's eyes before grabbing her axe again.

Someone was going to pay for her death.

Female Student #4: Siobhan McCarthy, Deceased
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

The sheet billowed majestically as Maddie snapped it off to reveal her newest creation. The crowd, faceless and dressed in finery, all gasped in unison at the newest hot, trendy, piece of art.

The girl was bent two, her arms crossed over her waist, tied around her wrists were red scarves, they tied her wrists to her knees and kept her bent. Tumbling from the stomach of the figuring was a beautiful waterfall of ruby red, pooling around her knees, her face was done out in loving detail, the wide black rimmed eyes, saucy lips, her chin doubled by the grimace of pain. Wrapped about this figure was the figure of another, indistinct, carved from hard stone with an eyeless face and mouth opened in a hinge of internal pain.

"While Damon was more straightforward, I decided that my newest work, Siobhan, would be a fair and accurate representation of human suffering."

The applause was deafening...

And Maddie didn't realize that she was laughing, a big heart rending laugh that made her eyes water and stopped her from seeing where she was going as she fled, not knowing if the trap was sprung or averted but not really caring. The walls seemed to bleed some sort of glitter through her tears. It was all so beautiful, this art, so beautiful.

She couldn't wait to make more.

( Madeline Harris, God help us...continued in Splatterworks...)
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

Joanne needed to leave. She didn't know where she was going to go, but she knew she couldn't stay there. There wasn't anything for her in that warehouse. Sure, she could sit there and pity herself for not being able to save her friend, but what would that do? Nothing. Siobahn wouldn't want that. She'd want her to go and find Nikki, make sure she was safe.

That wasn't all Joanne was going to do. She was going to find Siobahn's killer. She didn't know how, but she would. She knew what she was going to do with her when she found her too. There would be no mercy.

Joanne stood, looking one last time at Siobahn. She almost looked like she was sleeping, other than the gaping wound in her stomach. The blonde girl sighed, picking up her axe, and collecting her bag. After a moment, she grabbed Siobahn's bag as well. There was no point in wasting the supplies. Shouldering the two bags, Joanne walked out of the warehouse, not looking back.

((Joanne Seguin continued in The Calamity Symphony))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.

Return to “Warehouse”