An Evening Stroll

[Open][July 3rd, 2025]

This board allows for roleplaying of anything in the lives of the class of National Summit Academy prior to the selection for The Program, from their births to the morning before their selection. Approved characters may be in up to two simultaneous threads in this section, and may be in one-shots no matter how many other current threads they're active in. NPCs may be in only one thread at a time, and are limited to ten posts here.
Bowser

An Evening Stroll

Post by Bowser »

It was a busy night on the streets of Denver. The 4th of July tomorrow, and people were naturally feeling more than a little festive. Children playing some stupid army game on the side walk, some poor guy having to carry his drunk friend home, couples out for a nice night on the town, and shops with Forth of July sale signs hanging out their window. Pretty much everything you'd expect to see in a city the night before the nation's greatest holiday, and among them was young James Bagstad. Carrying two bags of groceries in his left hand and holding his phone to his ear with his right.

"Yeah Dad, I got everything for tomorrow, don't worry." James said as a few kids rushed by him, pew pewing away at each other with cheap toy guns that weren't likely to make it to the end of the week.

"Thanks James. Sorry for making you do this." His Father said on the other side.

"It's fine, Mom needed a break anyway." James assured his Father, who instantly knew what James meant by that.

It had been a little under two weeks since his older sister, Lacie, had enlisted into the military. This wasn't exactly a shock to the family, seeing as they knew when her deployment date was for a few months at least, however his Mother was obviously taking it harder than anyone had expected. But that was fine, at least for James anyway. He was perfectly content with covering for her while she adjusted to what was escentally the new normal for the family. Besides, it was a lovely night out. A little stoll around the town didn't hurt him much.

“Anyway I'll be home in a few hours James.” His Father informed him. “Try and get your Mother to cheer up a little. After all, it's a big day tomorrow!”

“I'll do my best dad, see you soon!” James replied.

“See you!” His Father said before hanging up the phone.

James quickly shoved the phone back into his pocket as he continued to make his way back home, not quite sure how to tackle the issue of his Mother's mood. But he was sure he could figure something out, at least a temporary solution. For now though, he was simply content to enjoy the stroll back home. If nothing else there were plenty of idiots out tonight to keep him entertained.

Return to “Before (Prologue)”