I Need To Know

A single story building filled with rows of low to the ground beds, the field hospital has a somewhat sinister air about it. The entrance to it is a small reception hall, whilst at the opposite end are a couple of boxy offices.

Moderator: Sh4dE

Courtography

I Need To Know

Post by Courtography »

(Louis Johnson continued from Someone Who Cares)

Where was Luke? He needed to find him, but it was too dark in the early morning for him to see anybody. This sucked. He walked into the field hospital. It was close enough to the officer's quarters. If Luke had hid there after working with Ryan, if could be a safe bet. Of course, Louis had chased Ryan across the Compound in that time and had come back. Luke could be anywhere.

He shouldered the carbine so it was only in his right hand. There was no way he could accurately shoot with it that way, but he had grabbed his flashlight out of his bag to search the hospital. He could always drop the flashlight if he got in a fight. Hopefully it would be in time.

He swallowed, feeling a lump in his throat. He felt nervous all of a sudden. Maybe it was knowing that there weren't many of them left now. Soon someone would be leaving. The rest would leave in body bags, or whatever the hell they did with the dead in this sick event.

That's when he found the bodies. Three of them in different places. There was Duncan and some girl he didn't remember the name of. And Kendra. Crazy Bitch. Wait. Didn't Brett kill Duncan? Louis thought he had. And then Brett had talked completely normal to him in the library. He hadn't seemed changed from the kid he knew back at General's Pride at all.

How had he done that? Louis felt different after killing Ryan. Glad he had done it, but then strange. He still wanted to kill Luke, but he wasn't in the blind fury he was in when he chased down Ryan. Louis knew he wasn't acting the same as he had before. He wasn't the same person who would run and hide from the killers. He'd fight back now.

Now it was confusing. Louis had never really bothered to think about how the other killers might be feeling. How had Brett, Luke, Ryan, Sophie, and Maddie down what they did? He knew Brett loved America in that sick Patriotic way. Luke, he had no idea. Other than him being pretty sick. He remembered hearing about him killing Matt and some chick. Crazy. Sophie, well she was Stefanie's sister. Had she been killing all those people to protect Stefanie, or was she using Stefanie? He had no idea. And Maddie, who he had seen at art club, but not once in the entire Program, had she just lost it? He knew she had killed quite a few people. He wasn't sure on the exact number, but he figured she was one of the top, if not the top killer in the whole place.

Kendra though, Maddie had killed her. Not that it mattered. Kendra was just a body now, lying on the ground in front of him. Of course she was a damn hypocrite. She had told him he needed to kill to survive. That if they were to work together that's what he'd have to do. And for what? He didn't remember hearing about her on the announcements at all, until she was dead. Had Kendra changed from her beginning blood lust? She had been willing to kill all of them when John Ferrara showed up. What changed?

He had no idea. People killed or they didn't. He would never know. He couldn't ask Kendra. She was dead. He couldn't ask the other killers. They would probably kill him. He sat down on one of the hospital beds. Why did he kill Ryan? Revenge. Was it worth it? Maybe. The only person he had been able to think about it with was himself. And now he had been considering killing someone else. Was that wrong?

Yes? No? He had no idea.

I need some time to think.
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

(Brendon Arrington continued from Running Out the Clock.)

There was an uncomfortable stillness in the air as Brendon found himself in front of the field hospital, the Calico Liberty III Handgun still clutched tightly in his hand as he came to a stop. It felt kind of weird having it in his hands. He had gotten so used to wearing those boxing gloves that everything felt just a little bit lighter in his hands. If this had been a movie, the replacement of weapons would have signaled a deviation, a path towards destruction and murder and darker times. A changed man who had learned that mercy was no longer enough to live. But Brendon didn't feel that much different. More somber, maybe, and probably not nearly as willing to crack jokes or give a smile, but the core of him was still intact.

He couldn't help but smile as he walked up to the front doors of the building, realizing that throughout this whole hell of a game, he hadn't gotten injured even once. Shot at, sure, and scratched by branches, but nothing that really caused him physical pain. Perhaps he was lucky or blessed to be like this, however lucky a person stuck in the Program could be. He had no intention of changing that, of course. He was perfectly happy being healthy.

The doors to the hospital were closed. It could mean an ambush. It could mean that it was empty and whoever had been there last and the common courtesy to shut the door behind them. He didn't know, but he didn't want to take any chances. He leaned against the wall next to the doors, taking a deep breath as he rapped against them three times with his handgun.

"Hey! Anyone in there?! This is Brendon Arrington! I'm just trying to find my friends, so I don't want to cause any trouble! So if you've seen Luke Mendoza, Bryant Carver, Alex Tartaglia, or you are one of those sons of bitches, don't shoot when I come in! If you haven't, uh...mind if I come in anyway? I've been wandering around for a while and it's be great to just kick back and chat with another living being."

That sounded a lot more dumb now that he had said it. But that was that. Brendon just hoped that if anyone was in there, they weren't going to be sneaky little bastards and remain silent.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Louis had been just getting to really thinking about the simple truth of whether it would be right or wrong to kill Luke when he heard a rapping sound coming from the door. Awfuck. His concentration was broken, when the voice came. Brendon Arrington. In all honesty, Louis had forgotten Brendon was even in the Program. There were so many names called on Announcement Day, and he didn't remember hearing his name on the announcements, so he must have just slipped under the radar.

Louis approved of that kind of plan. Gee, he wondered why? Oh right he had been using that plan himself until not too long ago. Still, he had missed an announcement and he didn't have a perfect memory. Brendon could still be a killer. He needed to be careful about all this. But he was looking for Luke. Someone who would be on his side? Louis hoped so.

He got up from the hospital bed, clicking the flashlight back on. The carbine was in his other hand. He pushed open the door, accidentally shining the flashlight towards Brendon's face. "Looking for Luke, too? Yeah come on in." He didn't know why he was so willing to trust Brendon. Louis was in a strange mood. Well, he didn't think most people in the Program sat around thinking about why their classmates were doing things. Or maybe it was that he had met Brendon prior to the Program. They had a class at some point. Math? History? One of those, or was it both? Didn't really matter.

Then he saw the massive pistol in Brendon's hands. It looked familiar, but from where? He couldn't remember, but there was just that feeling that he had seen it before. It wasn't the kind his dad had, well prior to him being taken away. The military when the took them away? He didn't think so. Had he seen it on someone before? That must be it. Here in the Program. He couldn't remember where, but at least he knew the answer to that question.

"Anyway how are ya? Almost two days and we're still alive. Not bad."
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

"Son of a-!" Brendon cursed as he suddenly got a face full of flashlight when the door opened. As it moved away, he blinked a couple of times as his vision adjusted and he saw the holder of said flashlight, one Louis Johnson. Dude was holding a carbine in his other hand, but it wasn't pointed at him and Louis was actually inviting him in so that was definitely better than getting filled with bullets. He grinned as he stepped inside the Field Hospital, feeling relieved that things were going quite well so far. No violence and Louis seemed to be a reasonable person. He remembered the other kid from school, although it was faint and mostly just some of the sarcastic comments he had said during class.

He gave a slightly bitter laugh at Louis's comment and shook his head. "I suppose we were just luckier than others, huh? I've been all right, I guess. I've been wandering around the island, trying to make a team of people who aren't really into the whole killing thing, but to be honest, it hasn't been going so well."

He wondered if he should elaborate. The next announcements probably would be up soon and there it would be revealed that he had killed Megan. And even though she had asked for it, Brendon was pretty certain Adams wouldn't mention that at all. If he revealed it to Louis, at least he could give his own version of the events. Then again, it could also cause Louis to want to blow his head off, but he felt like taking that risk. It felt odd, trusting someone he barely knew to not blow his head off, but it felt right.

He sighed inwardly. 'Must be the Megan in me.'

"All right, uh...before the next announcements come up, we need to talk." He said, his expression serious as he looked at the other boy. "Or well I need to talk. I dunno if you've done anything like fighting or killing or whatever since the last announcements. I don't remember your name being on 'em and I don't think it was and that's awesome. Keeping your hands clean is like the hardest goddamn thing to do in this forsaken place. But anyway..."

"I have a confession of my own to make. Adams is going to say my name on the announcements saying I killed Megan Jacobson. I'm not going to deny that. I just want you to know that I did it because she asked me to." He said somberly, looking towards the handgun he held in his hand. "Me and Megan have been together for a huge amount of time and I guess things just got too hard for her. I mean, she saw John Ferrara blow his own fucking head off and that's pretty fucked up, right? In fact, this is that bastard's gun."

He motioned to the Calico. "Long story short is that Megan just didn't want to deal with this anymore and I guess she thought going out by way of me was better than anything else." He sighed and looked Louis straight in the eyes. "That's the truth no matter what Adams says. I don't care of you try to shoot me or kick me out now that you know, but I just wanted to tell you before that military bastard speaks and spooks the everliving shit outta you."

He raised an eyebrow, still frowning. "So are we still good?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Louis was a bit surprised to hear Brendon was a killer, to say the least. He listened to the other boy's story though. Brendon seemed sincere, and Louis didn't remember hearing about him killing before. So he might as well trust Brendon. At least he was upfront about it, unlike Brett who left Louis to find about how he killed people after the fact.

"Yeah we're fine." It felt weird to say, but Louis couldn't blame Brendon for killing. He didn't know Megan very well anyway, so her death meant next to nothing compared to Stefanie or Vaughn. Brendon, from what he said, was just trying to do the right thing. And Megan had told him the right thing was to take her out.

Plus, he had his own confession to make. "Listen, I've killed too." He had never actually said it out loud before. He had done it. Seen her die and accept it, but he had never put forward that he had ended someone's life. "And it wasn't all nice like your story. But we're cool. That's good."
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

"Look, hey, if you're not killing me right now, that's cool enough in my book." Brendon said with a laugh, relief plain in his voice after he listened to Louis's response. "I'm not going to ask for details because that's morbid and more than a little bit creepy, but I'm really glad you told me about it. It uh, never really feels good to kill, you know? It's just a bit of a relief to actually, I dunno, tell someone about it and know that they understand or something."

He laughed again and scratched the back of his head. "Well I'm not even sure what I'm saying. I guess I'm still a little charged or something."

There was a crackle of the speakers and he winced, knowing what was going to be coming next. And sure enough, there it was. The well-respected and honored Brigadier General Adams was making his update on the status of the island. His smile quickly turned to a grimace as the announcements began and the grimace only deepened when he heard the name of the island's newest superkiller. It was a small relief to heart that Madeleine wasn't going to be terrorizing the island anymore, but to have that followed up by his name was like a punch to the gut.

Brendon felt a lump grow in his throat and he coughed a few times, trying to make that awful feeling go away. He shook his head and gave Louis a shrug. "I told ya that I'd be on the announcements. Didn't make it sound any good, either."

"Still, though...Bryant, Alex, and Luke are all dead. And by the same goddamn person too." He said, his voice steady as he looked at the ground. "That Sophie Mason...she's definitely going to be trouble."

He gave Louis a wry smile. "This is just great. Everyone I was looking for got wiped out. And there are only seven of us left. My goal is getting harder and harder with every passing minute." He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I don't know how you react to sales pitches or anything like that, but lemme toss one at you anyway. My goal on this island is to just get the good people. You know, people who don't want to kill and don't want to fight in this game and just stay together. Get rid of all the actual killers, of course, but just hang out as long as we can and really put a thorn in Adams' side."

"So far I haven't had much luck...shit's really hit the fan lately." He sighed and shrugged. "So that's how it is. Don't suppose you'd be interested in joining me?"
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Well it was nice enough that Brendon was willing to respect his privacy. He kept his mouth shut. Brendon thought it never felt good to kill. Killing Ryan had felt good. Really good, actually, at the time. It didn't feel as good now, but that was just the difference of when he didn't have to worry about her anymore. Mission accomplished. Good job Mr. Johnson way to help our nation towards our goal of being complete dicks to everyone.

Shit. He hadn't even bothered to think about how killing Ryan went right into America's goals. Right up there with unnecessary gun control and forced military service. That was one way to really make him regret his actions. Well, not quite regret. More like mad that he couldn't do anything without the damn military twisting it around.

But it was nice Brendon was respecting his privacy, well it would have been, if that hadn't been the moment the announcements came on. So much for privacy. His name was the first one listed, being that the kill happened right at last announcement. Swiss cheese? It hadn't been that bad, had it? He had stabbed her. A lot. But it hadn't been quite that many, or was it? He tried to remember back to then, but all he remembered was how mad he was feeling. How angry.

Lots of people had died. John Ferrara had killed himself. Brendon had already told him about it, but it hadn't really registered. Now it did. Luke was dead, killed off by Sophie, Louis wouldn't have to look for him anymore. Bryant Carver was dead too, now there was no need to thank him for offing Kami. Sophie had killed four people, which was insane. It confirmed in his mind what he knew: Sophie was the one killing people this whole time. Not Stefanie. Madeline Harris was dead, no need to worry about her. Then Brendon's kill. Adams was in quite the yelling mood. Crazy bastard.

Then Brendon voiced his plan. It sounded pretty good, show The General they wouldn't just sit back and take it. They probably wouldn't let them succeed, but maybe with a little luck he'd be the one to make it out alive. Or not. It didn't really matter. Most of his friends had been killed in The Program now, and Pittsburgh and General's Pride seemed so far away now. "Well I don't know how much of the good people I am, but sounds like a plan."

Like I have one anymore anyway.

"Guess we should look for them, then. Whatever good people are still alive."

Then he grabbed his carbine and walked out the door. He knew Brendon would follow.

(Louis Johnson continued in Opposite Reflections)
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

"Heh...well, you didn't shoot me at first sight. That's good enough, right?" Brendon said with a slight laugh and a shrug. It was heartening to hear that the other boy was willing to go with his plan. Even at this stage of the game when most people probably would have devolved into psychotic, paranoid bastards, there were still good point around. That was the important thing...the best thing. Was that what represented America? Fighting for an unreachable ideal? Struggling to stay alive in a world of killers? Was that the point of the Program? To try to bring out the best in people through subjecting them to extreme stress? To see if the shining spirit that encompassed American compassion, justice, and ideals would shine through the cracks?

Probably not.

Louis seemed content to lead the way and Brendon gave him a wordless nod, grabbing his bag and following after the other boy. He slung the duffel bag over his shoulder and checked to make sure he was still holding his handgun. It wouldn't do to suddenly forget about it. As he jogged after Louis, he couldn't help but remember a quote from some history book.

"History is written from the barrel of a gun."

(Brendon Arrington continued in Opposite Reflections.)

Return to “Field Hospital”