Driven to Drink

Open

Not exactly a structure, the Firing Range is a cordoned off area, at the end of which are a number of targets, both bullseyes and human-shaped.

Moderator: Sh4dE

MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Nikki was totally, like, almost a fifth of the way to being halfway to being almost within arm's reach of the guy with the gun when Siobhan got all indignant and motherish and stuff and started screaming at her to get back, like she didn't appreciate at all that Nikki was sacrificing her life and stuff, didn't really care that Nikki was buying her some escape time. Ah well, whatever. Nikki could always sacrifice her life some other time. Like, no biggy. It was less far getting back to Siobhan than finishing her little attack run anyways. Yeah. Back to Siobhan, and then... get shot there. Aw, nuts. Whatever.

So Nikki tried to make a one-eighty, but that didn't really go very well, and she came close to wiping out again. She just kinda had to stand there for a sec, trying to regain her balance. Not good. Not good at all. She was in probably-serious trouble now. Not even gonna die heroically. Just get shot in the back or something. That'd be a pain. But hey, maybe tragic? Like, this whole thing was so Shakespearean: she went off to die, but was talked out of it by her friend, only to die in her arms anyways. Saying "Et tu, Buno?" or whatever. Yeah. That'd be good on the soaps. The soaps were like Shakespeare. Highbrow literature. Only, they just weren't appreciated yet. Maybe in a hundred years everyone'd be calling them the best philosophical works of the century.

Nikki was waddling back towards Siobhan, little steps, little steps, all the time ready for her brain to be be propelled out her forehead at bullet point or something. It didn't happen. She reached her friend, nearly collapsed on her again. Nikki had started to cry again. No way. Now this would be even more tragic. Like, Nikki almost never cried. It was like, all her life, she'd been saving up her tears for this moment of maximum drama. Awesome.

Gun guy was laughing and stuff. An evil villain laugh. He was talking about putting them out of their misery. Nikki was miserable, but only because she was being shot at and felt like hurling all over everything. Then there was that bang sound again, that gun sound, and it was closer this time, and Nikki could almost swear the bullet went, like, right past her, even though she couldn't feel it or anything, but it made sense, so she screamed and dived for cover only that didn't work too well since her legs weren't really prepared to suddenly be asked to dive so she mostly just tipped over and kinda flopped to the ground again and writhed there for a moment. That was pretty embarrassing. Now she just couldn't die. Not with that as her last moment. She managed to drag herself to her knees, trying to tug at Siobhan's legs.

"W-we should probably go," she said. "I t-think he might be serious."

Yup. Sure seemed serious. They should get going. Nikki would lead. Yeah. She'd just get up and get started. Any time now. Yeah. Any moment.

She glanced up at Siobhan, silently begging her friend for a hand up once more. Somewhere, in a part of her mind she was trying desperately to ignore, she knew just how awful she was being, how irresponsible. If Siobhan died because of her, if her friend got killed saving her useless hide, well...

It might just be enough to drive a girl to drink.
Shawnee*

Post by Shawnee* »

((Godmoding - Permission Granted))

John was laughing. Well, so what…Siobhan thought, clenching her fists as she made her way over to Nikki. I don’t look stupid! He’s stupid! Nikki turned on her heel and staggered back to Siobhan before falling to the ground. Siobhan wasn’t sure whether or not to feel pity or disgust, she knew for a fact that Nikki was going to be handful. A handful whose hair she was going to need to hold back whilst she puked her guts out. She’d scoop Nikki up and leave John to being stupid. She had delivered her sermon, he had gotten the point. All that was left now was to get off the firing range.

"My......god! You two are beyond pathetic right now! Maybe I SHOULD just try and shoot you and put you out of your misery! At least then you won't be stumbling toward me any time soohahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!"

Siobhan’s eyes widened and she suddenly froze on the spot, leaving Nikki on the floor several metres away. He has to be kidding. I don’t know John that well but I’m sure he wouldn’t do that! Only a complete psychopath would…He’s joking! Siobhan took deep, heavy breaths and staggered forwards in a hurry as if any moment now the area would be swallowed into the ground. She dropped the pool cue to the floor as she began shuffling faster towards her fallen friend.

"Okay, play time is over! The arcade game has begun! Extra points for BIG targets!"

POW

Siobhan let out a shriek and staggered backwards, falling onto her back. She let out a grunt as her head flew back violently, barely missing the ground. She had landed on her backpack and was now in an awkward position like that of a turtle who couldn’t roll back onto its front. She dug her fingers into the ground and began scooting back like some scared baby. Her eyes welled up with tears again as she slowly rocked herself onto her side, before collapsing facedown on the floor.

He just tried to shoot me! He’s laughing at me and being mean just like in middle school and now he’s trying to kill me! I don’t want to…Siobhan staggered to her feet, she looked down at Nikki who was trying to scramble towards her after taking a dive. Siobhan pursed her lips, her cheeks flushing red as she gave one last look at John. Nikki’s weird because she’s all drunk on beer and stuff, but what’s his excuse? He’s just being a bully! That’s what he is! And like that, Siobhan found herself balling her fists as she blurted out her thoughts.

“You’re a bully, John Ferrara! A coward and an idiot and a big, stinking bully! I hope somebody big comes along and stomps on you, you big…douchebag!”

There was a tug at Siobhan’s skirt. She was suddenly pulled from her rant upon seeing that Nikki had managed to roll her way across the floor like some sort of walrus. Her hand had the green material held tightly in its grasp as she tugged it once more. She looked up with a pale, scared face, holding up her other hand for assistance being pulled back to her feet.

"W-we should probably go, I t-think he might be serious.”

Siobhan nodded, the fear flooding back as she realised that John was probably going to send a bullet whizzing right into her face. She looped her hands around Nikki’s wrists and pulled the girl to her feet and put one arm around her waist for support. She turned away from John and began a clumsy half-run half-walk back towards Nikki’s backpack and the weapons.

Leaning down she snatched up the last beer by the six pack holder still wrapped snugly around the can, maybe when Nikki sobered up she’d maybe let her have one more, for good behaviour. She abandoned her own half finished beer, instead slinging Nikki’s backpack over her own shoulder and making sure to keep a tight grip on her pool cue.

Siobhan was slow enough on her own, but weight down by Nikki and all of their gear, all she could do was hope she was far enough away from John so that he’d miss if he shot at the pair again. Getting Nikki and herself to a safe place was her first priority, and after that she had some friends to find. Michael, Chanel, Joanne…I miss you guys.

((Siobhan McCarthy continued in Lightweights))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shawnee. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chitoryu12*

Post by chitoryu12* »

“You’re a bully, John Ferrara! A coward and an idiot and a big, stinking bully! I hope somebody big comes along and stomps on you, you big…douchebag!”

John was laughing even harder. Who knew the proper response to pot shots was to shout elementary school insults at a person who's almost killed you five times over?

"Yeah, girls! You run away! Get some fucking sense into your head and run from the guy with a gun instead of screaming like an idiot!"

And run they did. More correctly, Siobhan dragged the other girl behind her off the firing range and eventually out of sight. He sat, continuing to chuckle. He felt like an asshole, but how stupid could two people be? Leave the damn drunk chick and save your own fat ass.

He sighed. This might be easier than he thought if everyone was as incompetent as Matt and the ladies.

John hefted his bag onto his shoulder. His gun still felt pretty heavy, so he probably had a lot of ammo remaining. God, how many bullets can one gun hold? And so he went, a smile on his face and a song in his heart. He was going to win this one.

((John Ferrara continued in Calm Like a Bomb))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

And Siobhan was off, and Nikki was along for the ride, and a ride was what it was, given Nikki's current locomotive abilities. Well, 'kay, that worked. And hey, Gun Boy wasn't even plugging them in the back, which was, like, Nikki's worst fear at the moment. Yeah. They'd be fine. Just fine. Totally okay. Nothing could go wrong here.

Well, okay, really nothing could go right, at least, not in, like, the grand scheme of things. They were on The Program. They were on The Program, and they were all gonna die. Nikki was gonna die. Siobhan was gonna die. Gun Boy was gonna die. Nothing could stop it. No way to prevent things. Nikki kinda just wanted to sleep through it. Close her eyes, find the blackness, and never emerge. That'd be pretty good.

Only, there'd probably be emergence into a few seconds (or minutes, or whatever) of excruciating pain. She'd really prefer to pass on that part.

Plus, she kinda owed Siobhan. Like, big time. If not for her friend, Nikki'd be dead already. Siobhan had put her life on the line for a lunch buddy. Yeah, if anyone deserved to survive this, it was her. Nikki'd do her best to help.

Just as soon as her stomach stopped gurgling. Just as soon as she could see straight.

((Nikki Campbell continued in Lightweights))

Return to “Firing Range”