Program V2: Sixth Announcement

Announcements for the second version of The Program are stored here.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Program V2: Sixth Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

Day Four (September 21, 2025): 08:00 AM
Weather: The clouds remain heavy over the valley as a new day dawns. Off in the distance, they grow darker, with occasional flashes of lightning in the afternoon. The wind is intermittent, but when it hits, it hits hard and cold.
Brigadier General Adams had not left his trailer since the last announcement. Nobody had been in to disturb him.The call from The General had everyone on edge. There were rumors, of course, rumors based on the idea that The General was displeased for some reason or other. That much was clear, and so it was the place of everyone working on The Program to hope it had nothing to do with them.

Had they known the truth, they surely would have been relieved, but Adams would almost have preferred being the direct target of The General's ire. At least then he could have done something about it.

It had been a long time since Adams had laid boots to ground on campaign, but that was a fire that never quite died. His country's victories were his victories, and not just because he was one of the top advisers to The General. And, in the same way, its defeats were always personal.

They had the firepower and the troops to take on the world, but not quite all at the same time. South America, The General told him during the call, was important. Most of the troops were staying. Just, a few countries, those that were particularly virulently against freedom... they'd have to wait a little.

They were pulling out. Adams couldn't remember the last time those two words had been said in seriousness regarding the American war machine.

And here he was, out in the hills, waiting for a couple kids to finish killing each other. The Program was his baby, and he was very committed to it, but it just wasn't the same with distractions like these weighing on his mind.

So, just this once, the sooner it was done, the better. Adams leaned forward and flipped the switch, ready to give his last official broadcast to the children in the valley. At least they didn't seem like the sorts to stall for too long.

"Good morning, America." The voice of the Brigadier General once more thundered through the valley, which was otherwise still and silent in the cool grey morning. "Once more, we've whittled our little cadre of patriots down to four. It's time for that final battle, the good old last stand.

"But first, it seems only fitting that we take our traditional moment of remembrance for those who fell before.

"Lenny Osborne stumbled into the wrong gathering, and ended up getting gunned down by Dylan Walker. I'd make a joke about that, but there's a lot more coming and I don't want to blow my best material too soon.

"Carlyle Shotton took a bullet from Robin Pounds, but the weight of her actions finally caught up with her when Shawn Bowe-Crooke crushed her face in.

"Dylan Walker showed her true colors yet again, displaying great patriotism by heroically shooting her ally, Frank Callahan, in the back. Our cowardly little Rambo then winged Shawn Bowe-Crooke on a potshot, and it proved enough to finish him off.

"Somewhere in there, Ashley Sydor finished dying from the beating Frank gave her.

"Seizing the opportunity to cause more chaos and become our traditional late-game one-woman-army, Dylan Walker courageously jumped into a cabin and strafed two wounded kids, putting an end to Chris Brooks and Rebecca Long.

"So that just leaves the survivors. In the name of a level playing field, I'm going to provide a little recon, so you all know who you're up against. I've got a few little personal words of inspiration for each of you.

"Dylan Walker, how's it feel to be the last 'tan' girl standing? I mean, you've been shot, chopped up, all kinds of good stuff, and you're still going. I can admire persistence, and you've sure managed a body count, but do you think you can keep it up when the fight's close to fair? When you don't have a football player watching your back around the non-crippled kids?

"Louisa Bloom, you think you're such a little rebel, don't you? Have you even thought about the consequences of your actions, or are you too busy reciting shitty poetry over dead friends? Every time you've done anything, you've made it worse for everyone else, so we'll see if you can actually man up and at least use your selfishness to your own benefit.

"Kyle Williams, forever in the shadow of others, what comes now? You've done so well at finding other people to guide you, to pull you back and control you. Could you ever shake that off and really make a name for yourself? If it's you and Louisa, one of you will have to die if the other's going to live.

"Audrey McKee, how's hiding and avoiding fighting working out for you? You managed to avoid codependence, but, really, what else can you say? You're a bit pragmatic, I'll give you that, but I can't help but suspect you'll face the same Melinda Schenn did when she came down from her tower.

"The four of you should all proceed to The Town as promptly as you can. Only one of you will be leaving it.

"Brigadier General Adams, signing off.

You all know how it goes from here! Apologies to the Endgamers for the delay getting this up. As usual, no DZ timers, just have the thread started on time and follow the Endgame activity rules.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “Program V2 Announcements”