A Swamp Without Moisture

Amongst the pine stands, there is a fairly large clearing where the trees have been cut back quite a distance. One can barely take a step without tripping over a tree stump, and the foliage is slowly reclaiming the logged area. Still, it might be a welcome sight to those dying for a glimpse of the sun.
Sideliner*

A Swamp Without Moisture

Post by Sideliner* »

(continued from Vagabond Code)

Lenny came out of the trees, staring forward as he paced quickly into a place with no trees. The foreigners are killing people, the foreigners are killing people, they've tossed their fa fa fa fa lies and are making with their plans to destroy this country Dylan Walker and Clara Fox, half-black and Spanish, already killed. So did Robin Pounds. Robin Pounds was supposed to be weak, something bad with her biology, someone said, but she already killed someone and

Lenny sat down on a nearby stump. He inhaled deeply, catching much of his breath and letting it go like he was using a net that was way too huge to handle. Calm down, Lenny, calm down. Don't get scared. Don't get scared. Soldiers don't get scared. They do, but don't let it control you. Don't let it make a chump of you. Dad wouldn't think highly of that.

The lineman took a few more breaths, and sat still, his head facing down, his bag and his stick to either side of him.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sideliner. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sideliner*

Post by Sideliner* »

No way am I going to lose, Lenny thought, trying to stave off the bad thoughts he seemed to be attracting. I'm going to get out of here. I'm going to win, going to win, going to get back to my family. Get back to Dad and Mom and Emily and Natalie and Rupert and Joseph and we'll talk about being in the army and shit but wait what about Aaron and Callison and

Lenny clutched his hair and made a sound between a scream and a grunt, then let it go again. "Goddammit goddammit goddammit, stupid fucking Program, fuck!"

Several minutes passed. Lenny sat still. So did his things.

Won't solve shit sitting here. Better go somewhere else. Yeah. Try and survive. Family doesn't want to see me die. Lenny sat up and picked up his things again, walking off into the woods with his shoulders low.

(Lenny Osborne continued in 100.9 Degrees)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sideliner. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Clearing”