Destiny Makes A Fool Out Of You And Me

To the south of the town, following the only trail that seems to have been deliberately made into a path, there is the ruins of what may have once been some form of lodge. However, the building has been gutted by fire, leaving only ashes and blackened timber - an empty shell. The one thing that's clear is that whatever the building was, it was rather large, the wreckage indicating a number of distinct 'rooms'. The entire place is quietly ominous, unhelped by the pines encroaching on the ruins, nor the fact that the layout of the ruins makes it impossible to keep an eye on the entirety of the surroundings.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Louisa continued to weep over Maxim's body. She hardly paid attention to what was happening around her. She could tell that Alexander and Chris were moving around the area picking up the items laying around. She wasn't going to stop them. In that moment, she could hardly care if they did anything to her. She was too weak to do anything.

Alexander then announced his intention to go after Brian. Louisa lifted her head up and sniffled as he spoke. He wanted a group of reasonable people left in the game, and he knew that Brian was a danger to everyone. Alexander made it clear that Louisa and anyone she trusted was allowed to come, but she had to recognize that Brian's death was going to be out of pragmatism, not revenge.

Louisa rubbed her eyes on her sleeve. Alexander had Maxim's rifle and was already running after Brian. Chris had taken the meat hook and some supplies out of Maxim's bag and wished Louisa good luck before heading off. Louisa remained on the floor of the forest, watching as the boys disappeared into the darkness. She felt a chill as she realized that she was the only person in the area, something that made her feel really terrified.

So this is how it's going to be. My best friends are dead, and a psychopath runs off. Why couldn't I just shoot him?

Louisa buried her face in her hands.

I can't do anything. All I do is talk like I'm above everything and refuse to compromise my beliefs. If I can't hold to my morals in this game, I'm going to have to make some compromises.

Louisa then reached into her coat pocket and pulled out the bandanna that Maxim gave her. She could sort of make out the stars and stripes on the cloth, something that was hard to make out with the limited light and dirt on the bandanna.

Alex is right. We need to stop Brian. But I can't lose focus like now. I need to be level headed. I have to be. If we're going to stop Brian, I need to be ready to shoot. I can't be distracted.

Louisa grabbed two corners of the bandanna and let it hang down. She then began to roll the bandanna until it was a long strip of cloth. She placed the bandanna in her mouth before running her hands through her hair. Back home, she made to take good care of her hair. Two days in the valley had done a number on her hair. She could tell her hair was getting a bit dry from the lack of washing. The night of lying on the ground had gotten in a bit dirty, and she was sure there were a few leaves in her hair. She began to brush her hands through her hair, trying to remove any leaves that might be in it. She noticed that her hair clip was gone. It must have fallen out when Maxim threw her to the ground.

Louisa brushed her hair back until she was able to hold it all with her left hand. She then removed the bandanna from her mouth and began to tie it around her hair. She knew it wasn't going to be a perfect tie, but she needed her hair out of her face. She knotted the bandanna twice, tying her hair in a ponytail.

There. Look at me now, Maxim. I'm wearing the proud symbol of our nation. I bet the General will be surprised to see someone like me wearing this.

Louisa looked down at Maxim's body. He couldn't be left like this. Not for the world to see how Brian destroyed him. Louisa moved closer to Maxim's face and leaned close.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you," she said. "I'm going to follow Alex and Chris and try to help them stop Brian. Alex is right. I can't kill Brian out of revenge, but I'll make sure he can't hurt anyone. Just wait. Then we'll find Carlyle, Amanda, and Kyle and try to make our group last the game. I know Felicia's still alive, and maybe we can find Becky and Dylan as well."

Louisa leaned close, placing her lips against Maxim's. She could taste blood on his lips, but she didn't care. This was the last time she would ever see Maxim, and she was going to give him a proper farewell.

Just wait. We're going to prove we're better than this game.

Louisa closed Maxim's eyes. She then grabbed his arms and folded them over his chest before grabbing Brian's coat and covering him. Louisa then grabbed her Beretta off the floor, along with the flashlight she dropped. After placing her bag around her shoulder, she looked to where Alex and Chris had run off.

"Goodbye, Maxim. I love you," she said, giving one last look at his covered body.

Louisa then broke into a run. She had probably lost some time by staying with Maxim for a bit, but she knew she had to catch up with Alex and Chris. She couldn't be alone anymore, and no one was going to keep her away from those who matter to her.

Don't go without me. Don't leave me all alone. Stay with me in the darkness. Provide me with light.

((Louisa Bloom continued in Second Verse, Same As The First))
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased