Second Chances, Fifth Announcement

Announcements for the first version of Second Chances are stored here.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Second Chances, Fifth Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

Day Six (June 23, 2012): 9:00 AM
Weather: Today is chillier again, with hints of the previous gloom returning. A few wispy clouds hang over the island in the early parts of the day, though they do not block out the sun. The breeze has largely died down, and humidity remains quite high. There's a notable breeze throughout the day. Tonight is four nights after the new moon.
After five days of fighting, numerous deaths, and quite a few moments that had left even Danya a little bit baffled, the game had finally reached its end stages. Only four students remained alive. It was an interesting mix, and not one Danya would have bet on earlier on in the game. Some of them had fought hard, while others seemed to have made it through primarily by being lucky and passive. None of the most crazed and violent had made it, which was a bit of a disappointment but not too much of a surprise.

It didn't matter. Danya was sure those left would make a very good showing for themselves indeed. Many of them were connected, which he was sure would make for some excellent drama.

Now, it was just down to giving them that final little push. He knew just how to do it. He thumbed the switch, smiling as he prepared to launch into his speech.

"Good morning, kids," he said. "This is the last one that three of you will be seeing. It's down to the final four, and that means we're going to bring this little adventure to a close. Who'll still be standing when the dust clears? Well, me, of course, but also one of you. Each of you now has a one-in-four chance of being that lucky survivor. The rest of you will be dead.

"But I'm getting ahead of myself. First, let me tell you who won't be attending the party.

"David Jackson went the wrong way and took a tumble down a treacherous slope. Nobody came by to help him, so the head trauma got the better of him.

"Following the trend of needing to watch where you step, Carol Burke found an active landmine and exploded. I told you to watch out for those mines, didn't I?"

Danya paused for a moment, seemingly lost in thought.

"You know, maybe I didn't. Whoops. There are mines in the forest. Watch out for those.

"Last but not least, our only actual kill came when Nick Reid shot April Stone to death.

"Now, it wouldn't be fun if I didn't say who all is left. Take notes, kids. This is who you have to kill to go home.

"Glen Bole, you've stumbled around the island a lot, but what have you actually done? I mean, besides watching your allies die left and right while you twiddled your thumbs. Was that your genius plan? If so, it's paid off. I'm more inclined to say you're just clueless and lucky, though. This is your chance to prove me wrong, because otherwise you'll be worm food in the next day.

"Karl Chalmers, you say you've been hunting dangerous people, but you've kind of been shown up on that front. Well, everyone left now is a threat to you, since you're going to die if they don't. Does that make it self defense? Who cares? I think you might just have what it takes to get through this, but you'll have to try for it. Don't wimp out on me now.

"Nick Reid, you're the only one here with a bigger body count than Mr. Chalmers. You know you can fight, and you've done a lot, but can you hold yourself together for a little bit longer? I'll be watching with a lot of interest. How will you do now that you may have to fight people who aren't coming after you?

"Megan Jacobson, you and Mr. Bole have a lot in common, especially the part where you both bumble around acting like this is a party. I've seen the cracks, though. Is there a vicious killer lurking in there?

"There doesn't have to be. We just need a little killer who gets off her ass long enough to cap one of the others. You can do it.

"With that out of the way, I want you all to get to the final arena as quickly as possible. You all get to fight to death in The Mall. I know it's most of your very favorite place to be. Sorry, Mr. Chalmers, you got outvoted on this one.

"Get there as quickly as you can, because I'm not feeling very patient, and that makes me want to push buttons and blow people up. No reason to risk that when your odds are so good.

"I'll see one of you soon. Remember, you've gotta kill someone if you want to go home. Don't make this all a waste. Ta ta."

With that, the activity timer for Endgame is switching on (after I think one extra day of grace, if my math is right). The three day DZ timer, as is customary with Endgames, does not apply; instead, you have to be in the Endgame thread by the time the schedule says. Have fun with it!

:)
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “SC1 Announcements”