Second Chances, Fourth Announcement

Announcements for the first version of Second Chances are stored here.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Second Chances, Fourth Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

Day Five (June 22, 2012): 9:00 AM
Weather: Today is bright, sunny, and clear, but it is not hot. In fact, the air retains a bit of a chill, and humidity is fairly high. There's a notable breeze throughout the day. Tonight is three nights after the new moon.
It was almost over. Danya had half hoped that the kids would manage to wrap things up enough to bring everything to a close with this announcement, but it hadn't worked out that way. Too bad. Now, there were so few left that he'd have to heard them together. There was also the risk that they'd all kill each other in one big firefight. That wouldn't be good, not at this stage. Everything had been building towards a conclusion with a bit of drama to it, and he wanted to see that potential fulfilled. He already had some ideas as to how to go about that.

Whatever the case, it was time to give the kids an update and let them figure out just how close to home free they were. Some of the bigger contenders had gone out, but that didn't bother Danya. If anything, the ones who had snapped earlier had lacked some of the strategy and drive necessary to actually pull through, getting too bogged down in their own brutality. The ones who were left were the clever and the strong and the lucky, and they would make for quite a show indeed.

He gave a little smirk and then began to address the survivors.

"Good morning, kids," he said. "Did you know, there are less than ten of you left alive? I know, I know, it surprised me too. In fact, you managed to halve your numbers since last we spoke. Well done. I am truly impressed.

"Of course, that won't help six of you. Still, the odds are improving every day, aren't they? I bet you can almost smell home.

"Well, here's some information on who to watch out for, to help you make it there.

"First off, Karl Chalmers beat Janet Claymont to death, because just shooting her wasn't enough. It was very Jackson Pollock. Have I used that one before? It sounds a bit familiar... never mind.

"After that, Nichole Campbell managed to get herself trapped in a danger zone and exploded. You kids keep doing that for some reason. You won't blow up any less just because you're the fourth or fifth to prance around where I told you not to.

"Adam Reeves met his fate at the hands of Nick Reid, with an assist going to some unexploded ordnance left in the jungle. This is one of the many reasons war is such a tragedy, you see. All that junk lying around could lead to somebody getting seriously hurt. Well, I mean, same goes for gunfights and such, and there was one of those beforehand. Still. Think of the wildlife.

"Shortly afterwards, Jennifer Steinman gunned down Keira MacDonald and Charlene Norris. She'd only celebrated for a short while before Nick Reid turned up. It seems like he's making a bit of a habit of going after troublemakers, since Jennifer Steinman is no more because of his efforts.

"Speaking of troublemakers, our last kill of the day came courtesy of April Stone, cutest of the murderers, who shot up Anna Kateridge.

"With that, we're nearly done. All of yesterday's danger zones remain in effect, but I'm also adding The Mall and The Lighthouse to the list. That means if you're not in the jungle or the hotel, you're dead. Nobody wants that. Well, okay, almost everybody wants that, but if you don't, you'd better watch where you step. I'll talk with everyone left pretty soon to tell you how we're gonna bring this party to a close. Until then, don't do anything I wouldn't."

Also, the final pre-endgame rolls, to take us to a final four:

1. Carol Burke (KamiKaze)
2. April Stone (Moonlight Drive)

As always, three days for cards and DZs. This time, deaths will be open for three weeks total (that is, until October 21st). However, there will be absolutely no leeway or extensions when it comes to these. Anyone not dead by the end of the 21st in their time zone will be killed by Mini_HELP in the most expedient way possible.

The forum for the finalists will be opened once card-playing time is past. Please remember all the Endgame Rules, especially those relating to planning and deadlines.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “SC1 Announcements”