Second Chances, Second Announcement

Announcements for the first version of Second Chances are stored here.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Second Chances, Second Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

Day Three (June 20, 2012): 9:00 AM
Weather: Sunny, slightly warmer than the day before until about 4:00 PM. At that point, the weather begins to cool down, with clouds rolling in. No rain, but overcast in the evening and through the night until the next morning. Tonight is the night after the new moon.
This was more like it. The death rate had more than doubled on the second day. It pleased Danya that things were rolling along so smoothly. The paranoia and the need to survive were doing a good job on the batch that had been nabbed. In fact, Danya suspected that the past twenty-four hours would end up the high point of the game in terms of sheer number of deaths. The really weak kids had been weeded out, meaning the ones left over would be likely to play it a little safer. That was alright. It wouldn't be any good at all if things started winding down too quickly.

Now, it was time to share these pieces of information with the survivors on the island. Danya took a drink of water, stretched, yawned widely, then flicked a switch and began his broadcast.

"Good morning, kids. I hope those of you who are still alive had a nice, restful night. You'll need all your energy if you're going to avoid being killed today, and that's not even touching on those of you who'll be out there doing the killing. And, from what I've seen, a lot of you will fall into the latter category.

"Yes, that's right: you guys made yesterday look like a warm up round. Here's the score for the past day:

"April Stone started us off by shooting Benjamin Latimer dead. I don't think he even realized what happened before he hit the floor.

"After that, Karl Chalmers showed that killing someone doesn't make you invincible, when he gunned down Martin Lovett. Take you own lesson to heart, Mr. Chalmers. You're not safe. Nobody is.

"Later on, Paige Strand decided to try her hand at murder, blowing a hole in Aileen Borden even as Aileen tried to help her. Well, there can only be one in the end, right, Ms. Strand? Why not a girl with terrible aim, poor impulse control, and no conscience?

"Speaking of, Timohy Walker was killed by his erstwhile captor, Jennifer Steinman. I saw that one coming. Did anyone else?

"Shortly after that, some people decided that it'd be a great idea to play around in a danger zone. Harold Smythe managed to stick around long enough to explode, but not before he beat Simon Fletcher to death and threw a grenade which took Corrina Landrey out of the equation. It was probably the most, ahem, explosive incident yet.

"Following up on the stupidity bandwagon, Nick Simmons tripped off the helipad and got stabbed through with a beam. I think that's probably the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

"Shortly afterwards, Lyn Burbank stabbed Amber Whimsy with a pickaxe. I don't know what she was mining for, but all she dug up was blood and some organs.

"Another stabbing occurred when Sally Connelly got a bit too sure of herself and lost the upper hand, her sword, and her life to Nick Reid.

"Then, our final death of the day was Preston Gray, ruthlessly gunned down by that cold-blooded murderer, Charlene Norris. Ahaha, just kidding. I think she was as surprised as he was. Maybe more.

"With that out of the way, it's time to tell you where to stay away from to not explode like Smythe. I feel like you kids have been getting a bit too comfortable in your homes away from home, so I want you to stay out of The Lighthouse, The Mall, The Makeshift Hospital, The Resort Hotel and The Ruined Mansion for the next twenty-four hours. Enjoy the wilderness. Live a little before you die. The beach and the lake are open again, so try spending some time by the water.

"Have a good one, kids. Talk to some of you tomorrow."

And, the rolls:

1. Nicholas Reid (Rattlesnake) - Kari Nichols (Rattlesnake, Swap Card used)
2. Lyn Burbank (Super Llama)
3. Augustus MacDougal (CondorTalon)
4. Paige Strand (Laurels)

Once more, three days to play cards and escape danger zones. Five further days for deaths.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “SC1 Announcements”