United

In the small, cozy little town lies the Mauna Loa Condominium, a white building six stories high. Inside the building are all sorts of condos - from singles to family sized - all decorated in the cozy decorum of a tropical paradise. Each condo has a balcony to the outside and 12 square feet of space, all pre-furnished with polyester furniture.
Polybius

United

Post by Polybius »

((Michael Robinson continued from Won't You Spare Me Over Another Year?))

Michael and Lily had gone searching for Valerie. At some point they split up and he lost track of her. He ended up wandering around the resort himself. Michael had known that their alliance wouldn't last long, but he wasn't ready. He still didn't have any weapons or teammates. He was still vulnerable.

The condominium seemed like a good place to stop and rest. The building was warm and there would a few places to hide if Michael ever needed to. Before entering the building Michael had prepared himself for the possibility of finding another armed person or another body. Sure enough, there was a body at the bottom of the stairwell.

He found Valerie.

Her body wasn't as gruesome as the others he had seen. Her neck looked broken, probably from being thrown down the stairwell. Her bag had been looted for whatever supplies hadn't been stolen from her before and placed on her corpse.

He shouldn't have been surprised. She had run off by herself without a weapon, after all. Besides, she had to die eventually if he wanted to live. He shouldn't be sad. He definitely shouldn't cry. He wouldn't be that loser who cried when someone he planned to abandon ended up getting killed.

Survival was the only thing that mattered. Valerie was dead. Michael wasn't. He still had a chance. He still had a chance...
Aura

Post by Aura »

((Lukas Graves continued from It's Dangerous to Go Alone, Take This))

Lukas was not happy.

It was one thing to be kidnapped and put on freaking SOTF, but even after that, things were still running downhill.  He had run into an enormous psycho that took his traveling companion's sword in exchange for not executing another kid, and now Lukas had to go out and find the kid that narrowly avoided execution to make sure that he doesn't wind up getting himself killed.  The whole situation was a mess, and it didn't look like it would be cleared up for a long time.

As he and Zoe searched, they had come across a large white building.  He guessed that if Gene had been running scared like he thought he was, then this might have been a good place for him to hide.  He pointed at the building and turned to Zoe  "Let's check in here.  He's probably hiding right now."

As Lukas pushed open the door and walked inside.  He didn't really know what he would find.  Best case scenario, they'd see Gene hiding behind a chair or something.  Worst case scenario, Mr. Big n' Burly from the last place they went was somehow waiting for them.  Neither of those two things were what he found, however.  What he did find was far more surprising.  There was a body at the base of a staircase, with a small, skinny kid looking it over.

Lukas was in a mild state of shock.  This was the first time he'd seen a body since he had been thrown into the game.  While the body hadn't been horribly mangled or torn apart, it was still a corpse, a reminder that someone had been murdered there.  He tried to shake it off, but the aura of death still hung in the room.  He did his best to ignore the unpleasant feeling welling up in the pit of his stomach and addressed the still-living occupant of the room.

"Hey, you know what happened here?"
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

((Norma Jean Torkleson continued from Honey Badger Don't Care))

She took halting, shaky steps forward towards the building. Norma hadn't slept. She was too afraid. Sometimes she would drift to sleep for a moment and then jerk awake, terrifying. This was not her sort of game and even leaving a hiding space caused her fingers to tingle with adrenaline. Any moment someone could pop out and kill her. It was like being in an island-wide haunted house waiting for the jump scare that didn't come without end in sight.

Up ahead there was a large white building with a sign indicating what it was.

"Condos," she said quietly. "Condos..."

Holding her weapon close, she walked towards it. On SOTF it was common for the producers to leave things around that might help. She was at least able to stock up on beauty products from the salon, though concealer only half-covered the dark circles under her eyes.

She carefully opened the door and saw two boys and a dead body. Clutching her weapon tighter, she wobbled and had to hold the wall for support.

"Ugh, so gross!" she moaned.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

((Zoe Walker continued from It's Dangerous to Go Alone, Take This))

They were walking towards the large white building, Lukas probably figured that Gene could be there. Hopefully he is so we can get something worthwile for doing this. Zoe followed Lukas inside the building and found a skinny boy standing over a dead body.

The hell happened here?

Lukas started asking questions about what must have happened while a girl entered the building. "Lukas, we've got someone at the door."

Finding out what happened here is priority, after that we can find out who she is
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Image (Adopted from Espional)
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Michael turned around to find three people had entered the condominium behind him. A boy he didn't recognize was asking him a question.

"I-I don't know," he said, relieved the boy didn't assume he was the killer. "I just got here. She was already dead."

Zoe called the boy Lukas. Zoe was someone who he knew about but never really talked to back at Whittree. The third person in the room was Norma Torkleson, someone who he preferred to avoid back at Whittree. It took Michael a few seconds to realize that they all shared something.

Red bandannas. All of them had the same color bandanna as Michael. He found them. Three of them, too, almost his whole team. It was probably inappropriate considering he was still standing next to Valerie's corpse, but he couldn't help but let a grin form across his face. He finally had a chance.

"Looks like we're all on the same team," he said.

He held up his wrist so that everyone in the room could see his bandanna.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Norma Jean looked down at the bandana she'd left half hanging out the top of her dress. It was red and in fact, Michael was right. They all had the same red piece of fabric. She jumped back scared at first, and pressed up against a wall.

"So- so we don't want to hurt each other?"

Now she began to relax ever so slightly. Her feet which had sprung up to tip-toe eased back down and her shoulders loosened. She blinked furiously, trying to avoid tears from spilling up again.

"I can't believe it, I really just can't. I've had the most rotten luck since I got up and it feels like if I believe this is real it's going to be a disappointment. Oh, but I so badly want for it to be real. That would mean almost the whole team."

She looked cautiously to her fellow students in the room.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
Aura

Post by Aura »

After being reassured that the kid already in the room was not responsible for the corpse at the stairwell, Lukas noticed the room becoming a little more crowded.  In addition to himself and the skinny kid, Zoe made her way into the room, followed by some blonde girl in a pruple dress.  The skinny guy then made an observation before Lukas could, and pointed out that they were all on the same team, holding up his wrist to show off his scarlet bandanna.

Sure enough, it matched the ones that Lukas and Zoe had, and the blonde had one as well.  Lukas smirked at this discovery.  "Heh.  Guess we finally lucked out, didn't we?"  He paused for a moment as he went over the briefing in his head.  "So we've got four out of five now, right?  Just gotta find the last one and we'll be a complete set."

Things were falling right into place.  As it stood now, he could get four people out of here if his plan actually worked.  Barring, of course, any unforeseen unpleasantness.  However, he was just going to look at the positives for now.  It was a reprieve that he could definitely use.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

(Inactivity)

"Four out of five," Michael said. "I can bet... well, the chances of this are pretty small. We could be the only team that's gotten this lucky. If we're smart about how we play, we can definitely win this."

Michael looked over is teammates again. Norma had some sort of spear but the others weren't holding any weapons.

"Do either of you have a weapon? I just have a fishing net."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"Alright, so all we're missing is one person”

Looks like Lukas's plan works after all, maybe we'll actually make it to the end with no kills, but first let's find out if either of them has seen Gene.

“By the way have either of seen some guy running past here? Name's Gene, short, kinda tired looking, running as if his life depended on it, came from our direction.” Better clarify what happened so we don't have a misunderstanding. “We saved his life back there from two killers, but we lost one of our weapons and he ran off before we could catch up.”

Hopefully they have seen him so we can get this over with, I really want something good in return for giving up the sword, hell if this luck continues we might be able to get something better than the sword, might even find our last teammate if we're that lucky.
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Image (Adopted from Espional)
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Norma put her back to a wall and slumped down slowly until she was sitting awkwardly with her weapon still in hand.

"Guess if any fish try to kill us we're all set," she mumbled.

It was an incredible stroke of luck, so lucky she almost didn't believe it. Part of her was afraid that there was a price for it, maybe something terrible would happen next.

Though hadn't she already paid the price for this one beforehand? Sisi was gone. Her eyes became downcast thinking about it. She tugged on a piece of blonde hair, twirling it around a finger.

She shook her head when one of them asked if they'd seen anyone. She hadn't and she was grateful.

"I have this," she said, moving the spear back and forth. "I don't really know how useful it'd be though. Only against someone without a gun."

Norma peered up at the two boys. "So what do we do as a team?"

Supers
International
Aura

Post by Aura »

Lukas watched his teammates introduce themselves and reveal their weapons.  The skinny guy had a fishing net, and the blonde had a spear.  He already knew that Zoe had lost her sword to one of the local jackasses, so he supposed that it was his turn to reveal what he had gotten.  He reached into his bag and shuffled around for a bit before pulling out his weapon.

"I got this handgun."  He said, holding it up to show everyone.  "Don't really plan on using it, just letting you all know that its there."  He put it back and zipped up the bag.  He didn't really feel comfortable holding it.  Knowing that he was in possession of something that could easily kill a person still disturbed him.

"Anyway, now that we're all here, I'd say that the best thing we can do is stick together."  Lukas announced to his teammates.  "I wanna really stick it to the assholes behind this thing, and I think that getting as many people out of here as I can is the best way to do it."  His style of speaking was informal, yet serious, like a scrappy young rebel in an anime.  "So we just gotta lay low and stay out of fights, and we can pull this off.  You know what I'm saying?"

He paused for a moment, remembering what Zoe had said.  "Also, if either of you has seen Gene, it would be really great if you could tell us.  I'm kinda hoping that he didn't get himself killed right after we saved his ass."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Suddenly Claudia's voice emerges from Norma's collar.

"Since all you guys are together I'm not saying you should form a death squad, but I'm not saying you shouldn't y'know?"
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

"Sorry, I haven't seen anyone like that."

So they had a spear and a pistol. It was a decent arsenal, a big improvement over what Michael had. What worried Michael was Lukas's attitude about using the gun. It was one of the biggest assets they had, and he didn't want to use it?

A voice suddenly came out of Norma's collar. Michael smirked at his mentor's suggestion of forming a "death squad". It sounded so ridiculous, so dramatic. But it was actually an option now, wasn't it? But it wasn't really what he had in mind.

"Yeah, it's best for us to be cautious and avoid violence if we can. We may be four strong, but we still only have the one gun. If we run into a lone person who has a rifle or something... well, we won't really have an advantage over them."

Michael turned to Lukas. He'd always avoided being assertive back at home, but he had to settle the situation with the gun.

"We- you should keep the gun out. If someone attacks us you'll need it right there. You can't afford to have to go through your bag to get it when someone's trying to kill us. And, uh... we're gonna have to kill eventually, if we want to win. And we need to use it when we, um, do that."
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Norma gasped, nearly tripped over her own feet and then began looking around wildly for the source of the noise.

"Wh-where"

Of course, it was from her own neck. She'd since forgotten about the collar that encircled the neck of every SOTF contestant. Norma sighed and pulled on it lightly, looking down where the voice was coming from.

"A death squad?" she asked quietly.

Michael was making sense and she nodded rapidly. "Mmhmm, Mmhmm. Maybe...maybe if someone comes up and they don't have a gun I can use the thing," she said waving her spear.

Norma looked around, she supposed these were her new best friends in the whole world. It didn't sit exactly right with her, she had no clue who most of them were and wanted her old best friends.

She took a deep breath and looked sadly at the ground while holding the spear to the ground almost as a crutch. "I don't really want to be a death squad. In fact, I don't want to at all be a death squad. I always thought maybe it would be fun to be here, have some romances and some dramatic talks and go home and be so famous and I'd be a cheerleader on a top team for sure after that. But what if we just hunker down and wait it out together and then go out and sweep whoever is left?"

Supers
International
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Our mentor popped in again, telling us to form a death squad

That's the second time now and she's not even trying to be subtle about it anymore.

“Death squad, huh.” Michael started talking now, basically stating the complete opposite of what our mentor was saying, then he makes a good point about the gun. "He's got a point there, after what happened with Vincent and Vahka, we should keep the gun out at all times."

We shouldn't have hidden it in the first place, not making that mistake again.

Norma suggested to hide out most of the day then sweep whoever was left. "Even if we did that, we only got two weapons and we'd be fucked if they got something better than a handgun." The best thing to do at this point is to follow Lukas's plan for as long as we can then bail on it near the end.
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2