What Does a Guy Have to Do to Piss You Off? Kill Someone?

Open, late afternoon

The cabaret is rather simplistic in design, having only one large stage where entertainers perform for the denizens seated at the number of tables. The instruments, sound amplifiers, and turntables left around the stage have frost on them, and the rest of the area has a small margin of snow and slick ice spread about.
Laurels

What Does a Guy Have to Do to Piss You Off? Kill Someone?

Post by Laurels »

((CJ3 Asa Rosen continued from Reflection))

Asa looked around the cabaret. It looked like there had been some chaos here over the two days of the game. There were two bodies laying around the area. The first was Damion, a Davison kid who died on the first day. Asa didn't really care much about Damion, thinking of him being some neurotic weirdo. The second body was Genevieve Cordova, another Davison kid who he didn't really have much of an opinion of. He hadn't heard her name on the announcements yet, so she was probably a recent kill.

"Great, more people from my school are dying," he muttered to himself, loud enough for the mics he was sure were in his collar. "Jesus, my classmates really suck. I think Davison made a poor investment in my school, the schmuck."

The one take away from seeing the corpses of his two classmates was that Genevieve's killer left a knife by her body. Asa picked it up, admiring the dagger. It wasn't as intimidating as his axe, but it would still be good to have. A smaller knife meant concealment, and concealment meant surprises. People would probably hate it if he surprised Jewel Evans with the dagger and slashed her throat. If he found her, that is.

Asa took the knife and walked over to a nearby table. The sun would be going down soon, as was the tradition for winter afternoons. He took a seat and sighed, setting his axe in his lap. He took Genevieve's dagger and  placed it on the table, keeping it up so the point was touching the table. He began to slowly twist the knife into the table top, scratching the surface.

So far, his plans to troll everyone hadn't accomplished much. Aside from one kickass writing session and one attempt at playing the charismatic psycho, there wasn't much he could be proud of. He needed to really piss off the viewers, and he really needed to make the people behind the show hate that he was cast on this shitty series. As he tapped the dagger against the table top, he had an idea.

Asa took Genevieve's dagger and began to carve into the table top. It was a bit difficult, especially since he wanted to make sure his words came through without breaking the knife. It was the sort of thing he had hoped to do with spray paint, but that didn't suffice. Still, he had a message to share, and he was going to do it.

After a few minutes, Asa had his phrase finished. He stood up and looked over the table.

"I hope you folks like my work," Asa announced. "It's something I really had to get off my chest."

Asa began to chuckle to himself as he stared over the phrase he wrote on the table.

JARED CLAYTON HAS A SMALL DICK.

Asa smirked. He looked around the cabaret, from the tables and chairs to the stage to the corpses of his former peers. He had an idea.

"You know," he said aloud, "I don't really like the design of the cabaret. How about I spice it up a bit?"
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Asa got onto the stage and looked at the materials around him. The producers left a bunch of equipment for musical performances on the stage. He took a quick look around and tried to get an idea of what was around the stage. There were some amps and sound equipment, along with turntables. There were guitars resting on stands, and a full drum set towards the back. All the materials had some snow and frost on them, probably making them difficult to play.

Asa pulled his bag forward and opened it up. He put the brush axe inside, but kept the knife he took from Genevieve in his pocket. He'd need to be ready in case some asshole tried to attack him. Still, he found there to be enough stuff in the area to  use for his plans.

He walked over and picked up one of the guitars. He held it in his hands and turned it over, surveying the instrument.

"I never wanted to learn to play music," he said aloud. "Personally, I always felt guys who played guitar were just stupid white guys who hoped to either romance the pants off stupid chicks or use it as a way to pay for their next drug fix. Still, there is some appeal in making music."

Asa held the guitar up and plucked a few strings. It hurt the tips of his fingers. The strings were too hard to play, and the callouses in his fingers weren't strong enough to play them.

"Personally, I'd rather do this with the guitar."

Asa spun around in a circle and tossed the guitar like it was shot put. The guitar flew off the stage and into the seating area. It slammed against a few chairs before falling on the ground.

"Yeah, that was nice. Let's see what else there is."

He walked over and grabbed another guitar.

"You know, I feel that this is probably going to be a waste of time for all of you," Asa said, continuing to speak aloud in hopes that some viewers were watching. "I mean, I doubt the first day or so of this game has really been that interesting to watch. I mean, from what I gather, we got some dumb chick trying to go crazy and murder anyone, and probably a few tossers who are trying to get attention to inflate their egos. How fucking dull is that?"

Asa turned the guitar over so he was holding the neck in his hands.

"Honestly, this show must be so tiring to watch after all these years."

Asa walked over and swung the guitar down on one of the amps. The colliding sound was amazing, so he raised the guitar up.

"I mean," he said, trying to keep the guitar in the air as he spoke, "how many ways can you watch stupid teenagers kill stupid teenagers? And this shit has been on for nearly twenty years?"

He swung the guitar down again. When he raised it again, he swung his foot towards the amp, kicking it down.

"Why bother sticking with it? All media is ephemeral anyways."

Asa turned around and swung the guitar at the drum set. This produced a cacophonous result that he couldn't help but chuckle at. He kicked at one of the drums, smashing his foot through the cover.

"I mean," he spoke, working to free his foot from the drum, "no one cares about TV that was on ten years ago, so why are we kidding ourselves to believe this shitty show is timeless? I think we're just prone to boredom, and I think it's time we moved on from this shit."

Asa freed his foot and quickly took the guitar over and slammed it down on the turntable. The guitar was in pretty bad shape, so he continued to slam it until it finally shattered. He cheered when he finally destroyed it. By now, he was also starting to pant and sweat. He didn't realize how much effort it was going to take to trash the equipment, at least to the degree he had planned and executed.

"The same...goes for this resort," he continued between breaths. "I mean, Hawaii-mania's so gauche. It's practically become cheap by design, all the fake tikis and plastic flower leis. And for some dumb fuck to build a Hawaiian resort in this cold-ass place? Ridiculous. He must have been a stupid-ass businessman."

Asa chucked the remains of the guitar behind him, hearing it collide with the remains of the drum set. He leaned against the turntable and caught his breath.

"Frankly...I don't think anyone who watches this show or comes to this resort has any idea of taste."

That better have ruffled some feathers.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Asa slouched to the floor of the stage, sitting on his knees. He was sure he was now obscured by the turntable, allowing him to catch his breath after his destruction of the stage equipment. He sighed and shook his head. He wasn't satisfied. Considering he was on the show instead of watching it, he had no way to gauge what people thought of him. He could ask his mentor, but he doubted his mentor was a reliable point of view. After the "you're my favorite!" comment, he pretty much had to write his mentor off as a figure to listen to. There's no way Asa could take him seriously after that.

Asa leaned forward, pressing his head against the cold metal of the turntable. He wasn't happy yet. He probably wouldn't be close to happy until he was out of the resort and on a plane back to warmer climates. Reckless vandalism and heckling could only do so much, and he had yet to find anything really satisfying from the process. He figured that if he was really going to screw with the audience, he'd need to really touch a nerve.

Fortunately for him, the announcement came on just then to let him know exactly how things were going. Asa didn't really find himself attached to any of the names on the announcement. Ritzy Daggers was still annoying as ever, but she was at least doing him a favor by making it clear that tons of people were dying, especially on the Nature Walk. Asa tried to take note of the danger zones, glad the cabaret wasn't one so he wouldn't have to go running anytime soon.

Asa stood up once the announcement was done. He was done with the cabaret. It gave him a knife and some time to be misanthropic, but he needed to move on. There was much more he wanted to do in order to show his frustration with the show, and so he needed to find the proper avenues to do that.

Besides, it was too cold outside.

Asa took the brush axe out of the bag and held it in his hand. He kept Genevieve's knife in his pants pocket. He pulled his poncho close and walked towards the edge of the stage. As he sat on the stage in order to climb down without hurting himself, he figured he should say something. The audience probably wanted to know what he thought about the announcement. He grinned as he decided upon what to say.

"So, who just lost a ton of money on this announcement? I'd reduce the wagers you make. I know a ton of you are going to be disappointed by the next few hours, and you can waste your money on better things. For example, have you considered soap? I know you people like to sit in your own shit, but maybe if you buy and use some, people will want to actually engage with you."

Asa continued to smile as he walked away. As he did, he tried to wonder if that statement would offend anyone. He really hoped some people were hurt by it. Then he could rest easy that night.

((CJ3 Asa Rosen continued elsewhere))
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3