Why don't you have wings to fly with like the swallow so proud and free?

Open, Day 3

An open field, filled to the brim with flowers of every size, shape, and color, lies along the island's western coast beyond the quarry. It's truly a beautiful sight, created by a combination of fertile soil, ample moisture, and a number of species of flower imported by the miners thriving due to fortuitous evolutionary advantages over the local flora.Bees and butterflies are common sights in this area, busily collecting pollen and nutrients.
Laurels

Why don't you have wings to fly with like the swallow so proud and free?

Post by Laurels »

((Sophie McDowell continued from he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts))

"Donna donna donna donna," Sophie softly sang to herself. "Donna donna donna don."

Sophie was lying on her back somewhere in the middle of the field of flowers. If Sophie was back in America and had found a field like this, she would have been entranced by the beauty of it. Lyrics would have come to her like a bee to the pollen, and she could find the next best song to perform at Open Mic Night. This beauty had a price though. To see this beauty, she and most of her class would have to die, and some of them would never even live to know this area was here.

Ever since she fled the ravine, Sophie kept walking and walking. She had no idea where to go, but anywhere had to be slightly better than where Jasmine was killing people. Eventually, she laid down from exhaustion and slept the night away. She awoke to hear the announcements and was even more upset to see that more people had died. A few of the killers from the first day had been killed, but Jasmine apparently had killed someone besides Lance.

After walking a bit further, she found the Field of Flowers. After some momentary happiness, she wandered into the field. As she walked, she wondered what to do next. She lost her fishing pole, so it's not like she could go fishing anywhere. She wasn't sure who to look for or who would want to see her. If Day One killers were targeted and killed yesterday, then people could still be looking for her in order to make her pay for killing Jeanette.

Before Sophie could think any further, she felt something hard on the ground, catching her sandal and causing her to trip. She fell onto the ground, letting out a cry. Her foot caught the object and dragged it forward. To her surprise, it was a sledgehammer. She held the sledgehammer in her hands, wondering how this ended up in the middle of the field. She sighed. Obviously someone dropped it, and it meant there was probably a fight here.

That led to Sophie lying on her back, sledgehammer wrapped in her hands like a bouquet of flowers. She didn't know what else to do, so she decided to sing songs to herself. The kind of songs she'd want to hear at her funeral. Was this what being at a funeral was like? Was this what Jeanette's body was like back in the forest? Sophie didn't know. She knew she'd return to the earth soon, so maybe she should see what it felt like to be a part of the earth.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Donna donna donna don. Donna donna donna don."

Sophie felt herself starting to drift asleep. Maybe it would be so bad to lay here for a while. It wasn't like she had anywhere else to be.

She started to close her eyes. She imagined the flowers around her growing and blooming, covering her body. Maybe they'd hide her until this horrible experience was over.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

((Clio Gabriella continued from It's Kind of Like a Wasteland))

After the quarry, Clio ended up wandering back across the island being totally unproductive. She ate a little, went to sleep at night, and woke up at the announcements. The time in between was spent sitting in random vaguely comfortable spots, occasionally getting up and trying to go somewhere, then losing motivation. Repeat all day.

The announcements fixed that, of course. She was somewhat familiar with Blaine, Michael, and Simon, but not enough to guess what happened. Saachi had killed the other Michael, as well as Jay Harland. She felt slightly vindicated, seeing as to how Jay had murdered Lyndi, but from the sound of it they had been working together. Plus she murdered a kid herself.

Bridgette made her tense up until she realized she'd been killed. The ugly bitch had killed Panya, she deserved what she got. Wendy was a weird one, hard to guess what was going on there. Hadn't she been in the fields when Clio woke up?

Oh god. Oh, god, Paris. Clio stood up as horror clutched her throat. Jasmine, of all people. She was a self-centered bitch, sure, but had she actually murdered Paris over...he broke up with her, right? What kind of psycho holds such a grudge over a teenage romance that she beats him to death? And Paris of all people.

Clio tried to unclench her fists. Her reaction was a little more subdued this time. She could hold it together. She started walking. Katarina killed again, Eris. That sucked, but compared to Paris dying it wasn't as painful. Still, hearing all these names, having all these faces in her head, it was disorienting. Vivid flashes of her friends now bleeding, broken, motionless-

Stop. Clio froze in place, closed her eyes, and began counting. She got to 26 before she felt able to keep going.

--

These fucking fields were pissing Clio off.

They were still gorgeous, of course, but that kind of made them worse. Twenty people or more were dead and she was looping back and forth through a fucking garden. At least she'd done something productive on the way here; after getting aches from carrying the machete, but not wanting to stow it away entirely in case she needed it, she'd stabbed a hole in her skirt near the hip and hung the machete there. It wasn't very comfortable, but comfort was secondary to surviving right? She'd manage.

The worst part of losing Paris, she mused, was the familiarity, which stood beyond her girlfriends like Lyndi and Jeanette. They had a lot in common; they were both Catholic (he was far more...aggressive about it though) sociable and well-known, did a form of martial arts, and both were musicians, though she envied his ability to actually use instruments. She knew the rumors, and knowing Paris they were probably true, so she'd never romanced him or anything, but she'd liked him. He was nice, and patient, and even-keeled, and she felt reassured when she was in a mood and he was there. Now he was dead.

Fuck Jasmine King. Clio hoped she died. It was extreme, but the whole thing was extreme. Hell, maybe she'd get lucky. The people who killed Lyndi and Panya died yesterday. Nobody was going to want to be around Jasmine knowing she'd killed Paris and...Lance? Yeah. Oh god, she'd seen him two days ago. He'd been looking for Kasumi, Adonis though she had died, but she hadn't. Had they ever met up before...?

Clio felt a little sick. She knelt and took off her backpack, trembling slightly, and downed most of a bottle of water. She was probably over half out by now. She needed to be careful.

Standing up and wiping her, mouth, Clio shouldered her bag again and started moving forward. She was really sick of this place, best to move on and find-was that a body? Wait, they were moving.

Oh my god.

Sophie McDowell, of all the people here, was just laying on the ground apparently napping. Only twenty yards away. Clio didn't even think. Her backpack dropped to the ground. She started forward in a quick, deliberate march.

"You bitch!"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Just like that, the flowers retreated back into the ground as Sophie's eyes quickly burst open. She quickly sat up, moving the sledgehammer off her chest and to her side. She could see a girl walking towards her.

Sophie quickly stood up, the sledgehammer dangling loosely in her hand. She recognized the girl as Clio Gabriella, a notable party girl from back home. Clio did electronic music, which wasn't Sophie's jam, but was still pretty cool. What wasn't cool was the purple-streaked girl pulling a large blade out as she approached.

Sophie held her free hand out and stepped back a bit.

"Clio...please wait," she said. "I'm not playing, so there's no need to be violent."

Most pleading hadn't worked so far during this game, but maybe the third time would be the charm? She seriously hoped it would.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Espi

Post by Espi »

Clio whacked Sophie's hand away and stopped less than a yard from her, fist tightly clenching the sword, heaving breath and trembling with rage.

She wasn't playing? Cute. Did she just accidentally choke Jeanette to death? Maybe there was an auto-erotic asphyxiation incident, or-

"Fuck you!" Clio snarled, machete held upward. Her face was almost purple with anger, the tension inside her lungs was like dragon breath ready to utterly ruin this blonde bitch.

"You..." Clio gasped air in, still shaking. "You fucking...you..." Swing the machete, or don't, or set it down, or slap her, or strangle her like she did to Jeanette. Do something.

"What did you do to her?" Clio's voice was low, her words deliberate. She relaxed her jaw, just a little. "What did you do to Jeanie?"

She wanted to grab Sophie's stupid braid and yank her to the ground.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie recoiled a bit when Clio slapped her hand away. She clutched the sledgehammer, worried that she may have to use it against the girl. She couldn't believe how furious Clio was at the sight of her, especially with how she was stammering. Sophie couldn't help but feel scared, especially with that machete in Clio's hand. But the girl wanted to know about Jeanette, so Sophie had to tell her the truth.

"We were by the lake," Sophie said. "She was the first person I saw when I woke up here, and I the first she saw. We were talking, when suddenly Bunny Barlowe came out with a gun, threatening us. I tried to bribe Bunny to go away, but Jeanette fought with her. Bunny shot her in the arm, and she and Jeanette got into a fist fight. I helped Jeanette get away from Bunny, and we ran into the woods."

Sophie licked her lips a little and felt her hands starting the shake. The sledgehammer was heavier than she thought.

"We ran for a bit, but Jeanette collapsed. The gunshot hit something serious in her arm, and she was too weak to go on. Clio, she asked me to kill her."

Sophie felt her eyes start to water.

"She asked me to choke her so she wouldn't die slowly. She told me she wanted me to kill her so Bunny didn't get credit and so that I could have my one kill to leave the island if I was the last survivor. I know it's hard to believe, but that's why I killed her."

Sophie could feel tears start to fall down her cheeks.

"No one has believed me so far, but that's really what happened. I even covered her body with flowers like she asked me to. You can probably find her in the woods by the lake if you don't believe me. But please, don't think I wanted her dead or was glad to kill her. She made it clear there was no other option."

Sophie let out a whimper.

"I really didn't want to do it."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Espi

Post by Espi »

Liar. Traitor. Murderer. Words to say.

You killed her. You say you had a reason. I don't care. Words to say.

Clio stood still, near-motionless as Sophie whimpered and cried. She watched and waited. The more she listened the more her insides churned, anger mixing with despair mixing with hatred and disgust and all sorts of hard to control feelings.

When Sophie was done, Clio stood and waited for one moment more. Then she said, "Take me there."

She looked past Sophie. Were the woods or the lake in that direction?
Her sense of direction wasn't bad by itself, but this goddamn place was ruining it. She hated it. She hated everything here. Everything and everyone.

"You said you covered her in flowers, gave her a nice grave, maybe gave a eulogy or whatever?" Her tone was biting, vinegary. "Prove it. Show me where she died, and maybe I'll buy it."

Clio looked down at the sword in her hand. When had she lowered her arm?
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Clio demanded proof. That was fair. Sophie would probably want that if a friend of hers was murdered and the killer was trying to pass it off as a mercy kill. Still, it meant Clio didn't trust her. No one was going to trust her on that matter. Everyone was going to assume she was a liar at this rate.

"Ok," Sophie said. "I'll take you to her. I'll prove that I was carrying out her last wish."

Sophie looked around the area. She was sure she could figure out which way lead north to the woods. At the very least, if they found the lake, Sophie would be able to figure out where they ran off.

"It'll take a while to get there, so we better start walking."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Espi

Post by Espi »

"Fine."

Clio looked at Sophie in the face one more time.

"Let's go."

((Clio Gabriella continued elsewhere))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie nodded.

"Okay. Follow me."

Sophie turned around and started to walk out of the flower field. She had a vague idea of what to do. It would be easier for them to walk to the lake, then figure out where approximately they had their encounter with Bunny. Then, she'd be able to walk into the woods and lead Clio to Jeanette. At least, she hoped. She couldn't imagine anyone messing with Jeanette's corpse in the last few days, but considering what some people here were willing to do, maybe they could.

Sophie kept the sledgehammer by her side. She knew that, right now, Clio was the person who would determine whether she lived or died. Clio probably could kill her if she tried something. Sophie knew she wouldn't, and shouldn't try anything.

After all, Sophie knew where she stood with Clio. She knew she wasn't lying. She knew Jeanette was where she said she was.

She just had to prove it.

((Sophie McDowell continued It's a butterfly whose wings span the world))
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3