Say it with Firecrackers!

(PM if you want to join)

A large, old warehouse found between the mess hall and the parish. The corners are covered with cobwebs, and there are a few cracks in the floor showing its age. Mostly emptied of the ores it once held, the warehouse does still contain a table, chairs, assorted empty boxes, nets, and a number of corroded tools.
Primrosette

Say it with Firecrackers!

Post by Primrosette »

((Scarlett McAfee continued from I'd Rather be at the Aquarium.))

So the three of them had decided to go to the warehouse afterall. Scarlett had listened to Everett's words about not going there but she still had wanted to see what they could find there. Michael had wanted to go as well. She felt bad for making Everett come along. But she couldn't have felt happy about leaving him on his own as well. Besides she wanted to stick with the both of them. Even if they were an unlikely trio of allies.

She had given Everett the rest of the ammo for the gun on the way to the warehouse as she didn't want to keep the ammo and it would be more useful for Everett to use anyway. She had kept looking behind her cautiously; thinking that Blaine would be there ready to attack her. But no, she was relieved to remember that he was still trapped in a barrel and nowhere near them at all.

She stopped just in front of the warehouse and she turned to the other two. She had kept her icepick out just to be safe. She didn't want to make a mistake and end up dead for not having her weapon out to defend herself. She was be more careful this time. She wasn't going to walk into the warehouse blindly.

"Before we go into there, I think that we should make sure that no one is in there." She said to Michael and Everett, gripping onto the icepick more as if it would save her from this nightmare. But she knew that it wouldn't. "Maybe one of us can have a quick peek and then rush back out to tell the other two outside."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

(Everett Taylor continued from I'd Rather be at the Aquarium.)

Well, the trek over here was long and arduous, but hopefully it would be worth it. Everett spent most of his time during the walk mulling over what Michael'd done to Blaine. Like, hey, maybe Everett coped with things differently than Michael, but you just don't smash a kid's teeth in and then give him a lecture about drinking more milk; that's just not a thing that normal people fucking do. On the bright side, Scarlett seemed much saner than Michael, even agreeing to give Everett the rest of the revolver's ammo, so that was a plus!

So, anyways, despite Everett's protests, Michael and Scarlett had chosen to go to the warehouse. He accepted their choice of destination—this group was a democracy, after all—but that didn't mean he was happy about it. Sure, maybe there would be supplies there, and maybe there would be people there, but if Blaine was any indication, there were a lot of goddamned crazy people on this island. The chances that there'd be someone friendly here were the same as there being a shithead here. Hopefully the warehouse'd be abandoned.

Scarlett proposed that hey, maybe they should check if there were any murderers (or regular-not-murderer-people) here. Good idea, Scarlett! Everett disagreed with the specific tactics that she'd suggested, though.

"Yeah, that sounds smart." Everett nodded his head before continuing. "But, uh, maybe we should see if there're any other entrances other than the main one. If there's a fucker in there ready to shoot anyone who comes through a door, they're probably pointing their gun at the main entrance. When we do go in, don't stand in front of whichever door we're going in through when we open it; you might get shot." Thanks, book of TV misconceptions that his mom had bought him for his twelfth birthday! Turns out forensics work takes a really goddamned long time, too! Nice work being bad at your jobs, cops on CSI! Oh, heck, he gotten distracted. For what it was, this island was really lacking in mental stimulation.

Everett cleared his throat. "Michael, d'you have anything to add before we do whatever we're doing?"
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

(( Michael Crowe continued from I'd Rather Be at the Aquarium. ))

It wasn't his fault. Everett kept giving him dirty looks, but it wasn't his fault. The bastard tried to kill him, hell, Michael would've been dead if the two of them didn't show up. It wasn't his fault really, he simply gave the bastard a good push, it was Blaine's fault he decided to halt his fall by trying to eat as much concrete as possible. Wasn't his fault Blaine thought he was a double amputee and forgot about his arms on the way down, the same arms Mike might add, that tried choking the life out of him just moments before.

Michael pushed the thought out of his mind as they finally reached the warehouse. At least he'd get a good distraction from the moral pros and cons about turning a fellow classmate into a minor character from a shitty sand related B movie(the only good character he might add, Blaine should feel honored) going off inside his skull. Michael decided to squat next to a tree whilst Red (it's funny her name's Scarlett but she doesn't have red hair!) and Elwood discuss whether or not the potential people inside would kill their asses the moment they walked in the door. Michael didn't really pay attention to that however, he had more important matters to focus on.

He took his Vincent Klyn styled Gargoyles off and stared at his reflection through the shades. Yeaaaahhh, this will not do. This will NOT DO at all! He was covered in all sorts of bruises from being slapped around by Blaine's big balls, and the purple and blues on his face was not matching too well with the blue and greys on his undershirt. Worse still, his hair was ALLL OVER THE PLACE, JESUS FUCK! Did that asswipe know how long it takes to style this shit?! He has to wake up an hour earlier than everyone else just to get this shit set to last the whole day, rather than just a few hours, you know how much work he put into it? Yeah, Blaine could eat shit, maybe it could be the dessert, naah, fuck that, it's the main course after his concrete appetizer, desserts' him eating everything that comes back out. Michael almost wanted to go back there and roll barrel boy around like an oompa loompa for a bit for this massive fucking insult.

Michael reached in his coat pocket and pulled out the essentials for his survival. A comb. He began repairing his absolutely ruined visage to an acceptable level. At the time, he had completely drowned out the world as he began doing what was probably the hardest thing he had done on the island so far, but it was paying off. If it weren't for all the bruises, he could go back to his perfect shiny level, but until then, he had some rough edges here and there. Fuckin' Blaine.

Everett asked something, but Michael wasn't really paying attention. It took him a good four seconds to realize he had been spoken too before he turned his head towards the group.

"Huh? Oh, uhh.... shit iunno, I guess so, yeah." When in doubt, act like you know what people said.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

((Sebastien Bellamy continued from Rebuild))

Sebastien had kept an eye on Kitty more than Aaron as they made the short walk from the burned-out buildings to the warehouse. She seemed okay...ish, but there was something concerning about her behavior that he couldn't quite put his finger on. She didn't suddenly keel over or say anything too alarming on the way there, though, so he hadn't said anything yet.

Arguably more concerning were the signs of a recent struggle in the very building they were now standing in. A pile of crates had been overturned, and in the dim lighting, Sebastien had spied some frankly rather suspect spots on the floor. They looked relatively fresh, tacky but not yet dry.

"Somebody got here before us, and they made a mess," he said, drawing Kitty and Aaron's attention to what he had noticed in the least upsetting way he could think of.

A mess, yeah. The minor emergency ward kind of mess. But nobody's here now. Nobody and no body.

"I think-" Sebastien interrupted himself when a noise from outside reached his ears. "...I think we have company." The good sort, hopefully.
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

[Kitty Gittschall continued from Rebuild]

"So they have," Kitty said, leaning back in her chair as Seb looked over a pile of garbage and some blood. Sitting down had helped her headache more than she had guessed it would. She felt oddly calm, now, surveying the large room, even with the signs of a scuffle beforehand. Big enough for her to not feel totally trapped in. Most of the noises they had made echoed all around the place, which would have been trouble if they ever needed to lay low, but Kitty didn't care, and there weren't any signs of-

Signs of muffled human voices.

Suddenly, the space shrunk a good few feet. Seb had noticed the voices too, which was welcoming - at least she hadn't started to hear things that weren't there. Goosebumps arose on Kitty's skin, enough to disconcert her and remind her of the brisk temperature. Having stopped moving, and not being in direct sunlight, Kitty felt under-dressed, even with a hoodie on. She reached down into her bag, sitting on the ground beside her, and pulled out her wrench.

She wanted to ask the group if they should greet the people outside, but instead, she just looked from Aaron to Seb and back again with pleading eyes. The words were catching in her throat.
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

((Aaron Chalmers continued from Rebuild))

The warehouse was disappointingly empty of anything that might have been useful to them; a solitary table and a handful chairs were all that remaining of whenever this place was cleared out, which was a few decades ago judging by the look of the place. The few boxes sat teasingly empty and any tools he had managed to find were so rusted that they might fall apart if he tried to pick them up.

But then, they hadn't come here to try and raid the place. The warehouse was as devoid of people as it was of anything useful and at this point Aaron wasn't sure whether to be relieve or disappointed. The blood spots on the ground that Sebastien had found meant that at least one person was playing along with this whole situation. Aaron hadn't wanted to believe that anyone would, but he guessed fear was enough to make anyone do something drastic.

Aaron looked around at Sebastien as he spoke, something about company. From where Aaron stood deeper in the warehouse he couldn't hear anything, but Kitty seemed to hear it as well, drawing a wrench from her bag.

Moving closer to where the other two were, Aaron stopped as he too began to pick up on the faint sounds of voices coming from outside. He froze in place, a chill running down his spine as he wondered what to do. This was good, right? They came to the warehouse looking for people and now they had found at least two. People who could help them think of a way out of this mess. But...

He thought of the blood again, splattered across the floor of the warehouse. Someone wasn't reacting well to this situation; he didn't want to believe that one of his classmates could kill someone, but he wouldn't want to risk his life on that belief.

Aaron turned to look at Kitty, seeing her wide eyed look and the wrench she clutched tightly in preparation for... something. He patted the pocket of his jacket unconciously, making sure the gun was still there by the feel of its outline, not that an unloaded gun would do much good.

"Shit, ok. Let's hide somewhere before they come in. I want to see who it is before we try and team up with them."
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett nodded along as Everett was speaking his mind and she had to agree with his logic. It would be more safer if they were able to find a different door to go through without getting caught by someone who might get the upper hand on them. She rather not be caught in a possible trap. They had to play it a lot smarter. She was glad to have Everett around to voice his ideas and opinions. Michael seemed like he wasn't really paying attention to what the two of them were talking about. But Scarlett decided that it wasn't a big deal. Besides, she could just confirm what they would be doing anyway.

"Right, yes. We should look for other potential doors to be on the safe side. Good idea, Everett!" She said as she glanced over at the warehouse once more. "Do you think that we should look around separately? Or should we stay together? What would be more easier, guys?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Okay...

So Michael obviously wasn't listening to anything that had just been said. Maybe Michael was actually contemplating what he'd done. That'd be a pleasant surprise.

Scarlet asked whether or not they should split up. Huh...

Everett didn't really know the answer. On one hand, if they stuck together they would be more intimidating, but on the other, if they split up they could get this done quicker and stealthier. So...

Everett could make up some bullshit that sounded like a it might be good solution. Yeah, that'd probably work.

"So, uh.." Everett chewed on the inside of his mouth. "We should stick together while we're seeing how many entrances there are. We'll see how many there are and then figure something out. Does that sound okay?"

God, Everett hoped Michael could clean up the shattered remains of his psyche enough to have any actual tactical ideas, though judging by past experience...

Everett just rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. If there was anyone dangerous in there, he was fucked.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Michael kept combing through his hair, this time paying slightly more closer attention to what the two were saying.

They wanted to scope the place out, find all the doorways, then sneak in through the bac... What the fuck?!

"Ay, what?" The idea seemed so fucky that it it had actually caught his full attention now, looking better could wait. "We ain't looking around to kill people, right? We're trying to find our friends, or you know, find people who know them, right? So... what the hell are we doing trying to sneak around, isn't that a bit counter productive?"

Michael's shades returned to his face as his comb entered his pocket.

"Now I gotta answer you an honest question, right? What would you do if some random assholes snuck in the back door without telling you, yeah? If it were me, I'd be pissed as a motherfucker. If I had a gun or some shit I'd tell them to get the fuck out and don't come back if they don't want me to put a hole in their skull. Y'know, whatever happened to knocking? Wouldn't that shit work? Being a sneaky fuck is something more in line with Blaine, and y'all saw where it got his ass. Granted he also tried killing my ass, but still. You think we shouldn't just, y'know... knock?"

There was another problem though, what if the people inside were playing for keeps?

"Like yeah, I get that there might be assholes in there, and they might try to kill us, but we're armed right? We could deal with them, or make our way somewhere else. But you know, we'd know that before we walk in, yeah? Let's just fucking knock, someone answers, chances are they're friendly. They don't, and either they're not, or they're not there entirely, in which case, we walk in, maybe one at a time through different doors or some shit, but still, no point in acting sketch as shit beforehand, unless you want to look sketch as shit."

"I mean, it's your choice and all, but I think it's a dumb choice. If someone knows we're here, and we're busy sneaking around, I'm pretty sure they're gonna want us gone, regardless of if they're good or not, just because of how creepy we're being, you know what I mean?"
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

Hiding seemed... well, Sebastien actually wasn't sure how he felt about it. There was ample space to hide in the warehouse, at least for him and Kitty. Aaron might have more trouble. The physical requirements weren't what he saw as the main problem.

"We should keep our distance, yeah, but I don't know about hiding completely. If they've got good intentions, jumping out of a corner and startling somebody isn't going to get them on our side, and if they've got bad intentions, well..." He shrugged, trying to convey a casualness that he didn't quite feel as he dwelt on that possibility.

Sebastien glanced at Kitty and the wrench in her hand. He wasn't sure if she would be able to swing it at somebody without falling over again, and he was sure that he didn't feel the need to test that hypothesis out right now.

...Speaking of which, what's Aaron packing?

A third voice, louder and more distinct than the other two sounded, and Sebastien did his best not to grimace. There was no mistaking that voice.

"...Yeah, let's keep our distance. That's definitely Michael."

The issue of Aaron's potential weapon could either be dealt with once this situation was handled, or would sort itself out very soon. Sebastien shuffled over closer to Kitty in what he hoped was a reassuring manner, though it was hard to say who he was trying to reassure more. Aaron seemed likely to take the lead, and in the meantime, Sebastien was going to take his own advice.
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Michael? Crowe? She hadn't had many encounters with the guy, ever, but she knew that he was bad news in a whole lot of ways. She wasn't entirely sure that he was the most violent guy ever, but he sure gave her the heebie-jeebies. Sebastien was walking over towards her, which she wasn't sure how she'd take. Was he trying to quiet her down? Shut her up? Get her to move a certain way? A goodbye kiss before everything went to shit?

Hey, where the hell did that last thought come from?

Kitty shook it out of her head, physically moving her head back and forth to get it out of her ears like trapped beach water. He was getting closer now. There wasn't much she could do about it.

She stood up from her chair quickly, an-

"SKRRT!"

-and her face went ghost-boy white as it skidded across the ground, the sound of it resounding around the spacious warehouse.

"Shit!" she shout-whispered, backing away from the chair and into the corner, into an area she thought was away from the doorway's line of sight, almost tripping over herself as she went. Though she walked relatively quietly, the sound of the chair still echoed in her mind. Her grip on the wrench, still in her right hand, grew tighter and tighter. The last thing she wanted was for it to fall on the ground, creating more noise.

Then, she stifled a gasp. Kitty had left her bag by the chair.
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

Aaron let out a sigh when Sebastien shot down his idea to hide. The other boy wasn't wrong, hiding from whoever was outside so that they could spy on them and decide whether or not they were dangerous sounded good in his head, but he hadn't really thought about how they might react when he and the others jumped out to introduce themselves.

"Yeah, ok. You've got a point."

Maybe hiding wasn't the best idea in the world, but somehow standing around and waiting to see who came through the door didn't seem like such a smart idea either. It was putting a lot of faith in the idea that whenever the two, no definitely three people outside walked in they didn't just immediately attack them.

Turning away from Sebastien and Kitty, Aaron began looking around the warehouse searchingly, eyes sweeping around the walls of the building. He didn't expect anything useful to have suddenly materialised in the last few minutes but he had mostly limited his search to the middle of the building earlier and this place was huge. Besides, now he was looking for something he hadn't been trying to find earlier.

"Alright, let's back up. Did either of you see a backdoor out of here? Let's get away from the front of the building but I don't want us to corner ourselves if any of them have gu-"

Aaron's head spun around at the harsh sound of metal scraping on concrete, stomach dropping as he mistook it for the sound of the warehouse door being pried open. He relaxed a fraction when he saw the door still closed, realising what had happened when he spotted Kitty standing there looking aghast with her chair a few feet away.

What were the chances that the group outside didn't hear that? Given that we've been able to hear them talking this whole time, probably not great.

"Ok, so they know we're here. Start looking for that back way out, just in case."
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Okay."

That was all that Scarlett could really say to the both of them. She wasn't really sure if she could take either of their sides. But the more she was thinking about it. She was up for the idea to knock and say aloud who she was. She was pretty sure that there was no one that would suddenly shot her in the face or stab her in the gut. Expect Blaine. But he wasn't there so she had nothing to worry about.

"You know what? I'm just going to knock on the door and announce myself just in case one of my friends are in there. It's better than sneaking around like we're about to ambush someone to be fair. Don't worry, Everett. I will make sure to stand beside the door just to be safe."

She moved forward without waiting for the other two to respond and she carefully positioned herself beside the door. She took a deep breath and then she let it out. She wanted to prepare herself for whatever will happen.

Then she heard a loud noise from inside. There was somebody in there!!

She then knocked on the door loudly three times.

"Hello! Who is in there?!" She called out to whoever was inside and then she waited for a few seconds. "It's me! Scarlett McAfee! I am here with some friends!"

Was that a bad idea to say that she was with other people? Well, she had to wait and see.

And so, she waited to hear a respond from inside the warehouse.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Michael. Fuuuuuuuucking Michael. Like, hm, yeah maybe if there were any friendly people in there they might initially be unhappy about sneaky people sneaking around, but Everett had an excuse to be sneaking around! If he included himself, a quarter of the people he'd encountered so far were trying to kill people; Sure, okay, maybe that wasn't the best sample size, but it was still a figure that didn't exactly fill Everett with any confidence. If the people—if there were any—in there were sane, they'd be receptive to any reasonable explanations, but fine, whatever Michael.

Everett didn't have the chance to voice his thoughts.

Scarlett was agreeing with Michael. Everett thought Scarlett was smart, but now his opinion on that was beginning to waver. Oh well, at least she wouldn't get shot through the door.

"Scarlett, wai-" He was interrupted by a sound from inside the building.

A really loud sound, kind of resembling the noise produced by, say, dragging furniture around.

Oh God, there was definitely someone in there. I-if they were dragging furniture around, m-maybe they were setting up a barricade to hide behind. No, no, not just a barricade, cover to hide behind and to shoot Everett from.

A resounding "FUCK!" found its way from Everett's mouth.

Scarlett was knocking on the door. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

She announced her presence. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

She announced Everett and Michael's presence. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay, fine, let's do the thing that leads to the highest chance of death. Scarlett and Michael had done it back when they decided to go to the warehouse, and they were doing it now. Everett conceded that okay, maybe had no idea what he was doing, but at least he was thinking critically about things instead of just rushing in and doing dumb shit that would result in people fucking dying.

Everett scuttled over to the wall, his right shoulder pressing against the building's brick exterior. He grabbed the revolver with both hands and aimed it at the door, at the same time trying not to point the gun at Scarlett. Accidentally shooting Scarlett would not help this situation in the least. H-he still had five bullets, right? He could fire the gun again, now that he knew about the recoil, though that didn't mean he knew how to counteract it. If they made it out of this okay, he'd have to see if Scarlett had a manual for the gun.

Everett gritted his teeth. This was really really bad.

"Whatever happens, this is on you guys."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Ey, I'll come too, just in case shit gets real, I'll be on the other side."

Michael got up and followed Scarlett as Everett was getting pissed about something. Michael just looked towards his ball and chain and back towards Everett. "Ey, chill man, wait until shit happens to get pissed." He looked back to the weird ass nunchucks he stole from Blaine. The big metal balls look like they'd be more of a hindrance than a help, so he fumbled with the clamps on them, before removing them from the chain. This was better. He could do a lot more damage now, and it wouldn't slow him down one bit.

As he walked up to the warehouse, he wrapped the chain around his left arm like a gauntlet as he kept his shield in his right hand. If worse comes to worse he could uncoil the chain and whip it. Whip it good- woah, that was a noise!

Someone was inside after all, unless like, a big ass badger pushed over a box or something, but then that'd leave the question of, why in the fuck was a badger inside the warehouse, didn't it have it's own badgery home? Didn't really matter why, but it'd leave a lot of questions, then again, this entire island was a bunch of big questions.

He moved to the opposite door as Scarlett knocked and announced they were there. With the way things was going, Michael felt like he was in the weirdest middle ages larp of all time. Queen and her knight waiting to get into the castle, fool laying somewhere behind...

Speaking of the fool, what was he doi- oh damn! He heard him speak up, then saw him pointing a gun at them. Michael was half ready to push Scarlett out of the way due to Ev going insane and wanting to shoot him, but then he realized he was pointing the gun at the door. Smart move, if a bit paranoid. Michael wanted to speak up and tell Ev to lower his gun, but... loudly telling someone to put the gun down might not warm the people inside up to you too much.

He instead just held out his left arm around chest level, and slowly lowered it, hoping Everett would get the idea. Michael really didn't want any three stooges antics happening with the gun, and he'd much prefer to not get a bullet in his ass, or a bullet in the face of a buddy just in case Everett's trigger finger got itchy.

Then again, he was being somewhat hypocritical, he had his shield at the ready, and he could drop the chain to start swinging it at any time, but he had his stuff as holstered as he could get it. He didn't neccessarily want Ev to put away the gun, just to aim it down so nobody named Marvin has to go to the dead...uhhh 'body' storage. Sorry Tarantino, your movies are good, but sometimes your cameos are a bit... uhhh, yeah. He was not gonna touch that one with a fifty foot pole.

Michael got back to focusing on the warehouse, placing his ear against the wall, he hoped he might be able to hear something going on inside before the door opened to greet them. At the very least, he could try and find out if they'd greet them with words, or greet them with bullets.

Return to “The Old Warehouse”