One Sided Smile

Day 5: Night. One-Shot like everyone else

The parish is set somewhat apart from the ruins of the main dwelling, and takes the form of a non-denominational chapel. Designed in a classic configuration with several rows of pews facing a raised stage, it nonetheless doesn't boast any traditional religious icons out in the open. Cupboards and closets contain an assortment of bibles, crucifixes, copies of the Torah, and other items of worship... as well as a few bottles of a particularly good rum stashed behind the pulpit. For some miners, alcohol held more sway than God.
Cake

One Sided Smile

Post by Cake »

[[Kyran Dean Continued From: The Whole Enchilada.]]

Day had turned into night, once again.

He'd been to the ravine, but only for a short time, never crossing the bridge back to the other-side where he had fainted, where Adonis ran off and where Jason had been impaled. He had left toilet paper tangled on the bridge, unraveling a trail in the area between the ravine and the parish. Tossing toilet paper every which way. He had never been the sort to do any TP pranking before, more of a thing his two brothers would do, but it was kind of, sort of fun. Liberating when he flung some over on trees and it landed the right way, without tearing.

The trail was sort of his patrol spot now, toilet paper was everywhere. He wasn't sure the exact details of what the TP-ing was for, but he had an idea that it was supposed to catch the attention of their classmates or something. Sure he had some questions on the probability of the plan working, but Kyran simply did as he was told. At least this way he would have done something. Tried something rather than do nothing.

Only problem was the weather. What if it rained? All that toilet paper would break down and shred up into biodegradable nothing and accompanying wind would screw up the plan too. He prayed in the parish that evening, despite his usual lack of devoted piety, to prevent something like that. Just this once, please.

The other thing was that it could lead anyone there. But that was where Kyran came in. He'd keep watch with the assault rifle, see if it was someone on the safe list or on the danger list. Then he'd take it from there. Somehow.

Kyran kept guard at the church, watching, waiting for any of the group to return. Or anyone at all. He was ready.

[[Kyran Dean Continued From: Gonna Miss Me By My Walk... Miss Me By My Talk, Oh.]]

Return to “The Parish”